Bypass/ hwy 51/bicycle accident

Posted in the Perryville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
skinnyminnie

O Fallon, MO

#1 Sep 30, 2012
The other post got so bizzare that it made no sense. I hope everyone who posts on here views the accident site ( you can't miss it, now there is a bike on display )to see what little space they were riding on. It's insanity!! I don't give a damn about their rights,& codes etc., there are other safer streets to ride a bike on. Now there is suppose to be a lawsuit (REALLY) Accept the fact that the man goofed up, & move on. I'm wondering if everyone can make big displays on the bypass. I have one I would like to put up! That is just being cruel to the young lady that hit him.

Since: Sep 12

#2 Sep 30, 2012
why cant u let it go? u have to keep pushing it. he died we get it it was a horrible accident no need to keep shoving it down everyones throats nothing is going to change when u enter a highway u take ur life into risk. even if its car truck bike or on foot stfu and let it go
Really

United States

#3 Oct 2, 2012
Whats the difference if someone was killed in a vehicle accident, or on a bicycle. It's their right to put up anything and everything they want to honor their loved one. Who are you to say any different? Believe it or not, there are people out there who don't mind seeing a memorial on the side of the road. It just goes to show how respected, and loved he truly was. As far as being cruel to the young lady who was involved, perhaps she should take a different route if she doesn't want to have to deal with it daily. Apparently there are a lot safer places where this gentleman could have rode his bike, or so I've seen in previous posts. With that being said, maybe someone should inform that young lady of those routes.
Beca Marie Marshall

United States

#4 Oct 2, 2012
Really wrote:
Whats the difference if someone was killed in a vehicle accident, or on a bicycle. It's their right to put up anything and everything they want to honor their loved one. Who are you to say any different? Believe it or not, there are people out there who don't mind seeing a memorial on the side of the road. It just goes to show how respected, and loved he truly was. As far as being cruel to the young lady who was involved, perhaps she should take a different route if she doesn't want to have to deal with it daily. Apparently there are a lot safer places where this gentleman could have rode his bike, or so I've seen in previous posts. With that being said, maybe someone should inform that young lady of those routes.
it's a distraction at this point. What happens when someone is looking at all the lights, bike and signs and ends up hitting another biker, motorcyclist or automobile? Who's fault will it be? The Pinar's, the biker or the driver? Think about it.
As far as making that young lady aware of the safe bicycle routes...that was a pathetic and deliberate attack against her, let her be.
Frogged Fan

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Oct 2, 2012
Stanley Dobbs shouldn't be so mean. Wow, what an attacker.
waiting
#6 Oct 2, 2012
you should read her other posts, they dont get any better, she doesnt know how to talk friendly at all
Haha

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Oct 8, 2012
You say that you don't give a damn about their "rights and codes", what about the law? The law says that when you are in a motor vehicle overtaking a bicycle, you have to give plenty of room.

And let's not worry about the "poor" girl that hit him. Why don't we focus our sympathy towards the family that suffered a loss, the community that lost such a wonderful man. Don't worry about the driver that was distracted with texting and killed someone. She's going to be just fine.

“Got Logic?”

Since: Nov 08

Perryville

#8 Oct 8, 2012
Actually it's not a right to put up those memorials, it's something you hafta do with permission from the landowner. Trust me, the douchebag on B road that owns the site where my friend William "Wonka" Douglas died took down our memorials all the time.
Friend of the family

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Oct 9, 2012
The family has permission to use the area from the landowners. The memorial is not really a distraction to anyone that actually pays attention to the road. So if you are a responsible driver, you will notice the area without even taking your eyes off the road, and it will remind you that a good man was killed there and we should all be extra careful when we see someone on a bicycle. I do not understand what everyone's problem is. A man was killed. And all you can say is that he had no right, it was his fault, blah blah blah. Well, if someone dies in a car accident, you don't hear things like "Oh well, they shouldn't have been driving on that road, it's curvy and dangerous" or "Well, it's their fault, it was dark and raining, they shouldn't have been out driving." Bicycle riding is such a wonderful form of transportation. It's economical and healthy. Yeah, I could plant my fat rear end in the car and drive to the park and sit out in the fresh air and relax, or I could put my fat rear on my bike and ride through the fresh air and chill out. Wonder which way is the healthiest? Maybe my rear wouldn't be so fat if I followed the examples of this couple. Just because he was on a road that you think is too dangerous for him to be riding on, does not mean that the person that plowed him over in her vehicle should get a free pass. Last time I checked, texting while driving is dangerous, and not a very responsible thing to do. In my opinion, if you cause an accident because of your texting while driving habit, you should be punished. Not out walking free like nothing ever happened, while another family suffers. Plain and simpler version of the story: A grown woman who knows better was out driving one day, and decides to text because I'm sure whatever it was about, it was more important than the road, and in turn, she accidently uses her vehicle to take the life of another human being. Yes, it was an accident. She in no way meant to do it. But when you behave in an irresponsible manner, you should be accountable for your actions and to those who you hurt. Whether or not there is a lawsuit is really no ones business. What I can tell you is that any insurance company will go after a person that causes an accident, and causes the death of another person to be reimbursed for their expenses.
harley bob

Decatur, IL

#10 Oct 9, 2012
the house on j road or should i say pile of ashes that someone created has a memorial site that someone stold off of that is a low life pile of s--- if u ask me all the way around that was a nice lookin older house
facts only

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Oct 9, 2012
Friend of the family wrote:
The family has permission to use the area from the landowners. The memorial is not really a distraction to anyone that actually pays attention to the road. So if you are a responsible driver, you will notice the area without even taking your eyes off the road, and it will remind you that a good man was killed there and we should all be extra careful when we see someone on a bicycle. I do not understand what everyone's problem is. A man was killed. And all you can say is that he had no right, it was his fault, blah blah blah. Well, if someone dies in a car accident, you don't hear things like "Oh well, they shouldn't have been driving on that road, it's curvy and dangerous" or "Well, it's their fault, it was dark and raining, they shouldn't have been out driving." Bicycle riding is such a wonderful form of transportation. It's economical and healthy. Yeah, I could plant my fat rear end in the car and drive to the park and sit out in the fresh air and relax, or I could put my fat rear on my bike and ride through the fresh air and chill out. Wonder which way is the healthiest? Maybe my rear wouldn't be so fat if I followed the examples of this couple. Just because he was on a road that you think is too dangerous for him to be riding on, does not mean that the person that plowed him over in her vehicle should get a free pass. Last time I checked, texting while driving is dangerous, and not a very responsible thing to do. In my opinion, if you cause an accident because of your texting while driving habit, you should be punished. Not out walking free like nothing ever happened, while another family suffers. Plain and simpler version of the story: A grown woman who knows better was out driving one day, and decides to text because I'm sure whatever it was about, it was more important than the road, and in turn, she accidently uses her vehicle to take the life of another human being. Yes, it was an accident. She in no way meant to do it. But when you behave in an irresponsible manner, you should be accountable for your actions and to those who you hurt. Whether or not there is a lawsuit is really no ones business. What I can tell you is that any insurance company will go after a person that causes an accident, and causes the death of another person to be reimbursed for their expenses.
the police reports states nothing of robin texting or being distracted. it says nothing of her being fired from a job or havibg shit stains in her underdrawers from failing to properly wipe from using the restroom hours before. What it does say is the "driver" of the bicycle failed to yield the right of way the traffic while overtaking another stalled vehichle. So you can argue all you want, perhaps they should exume this fine perryville resident and see if he truly died from injuries of the impact which his insurance will pay out for....or did he have a massice heart attack right before impact, which insurance might have an issue with. when I swim i go to the pool that way i dont worry about a shark attacking me. Other wise i go to the ocean and just take my chances..you see what i am saying?
Friend of the family

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Oct 9, 2012
No, no I don't see what you're saying. I will have to ask his daughter to show me that police report again because that's not what I remember reading. Setting that aside for the moment, what you are saying is completely unreasonable. THE LAW STATES that it is the motor vehicle operator that has to give the right of way, as it was the vehicle that was overtaking the bike. I must also say that this is the first I've heard of her disgusting hygeine habits, but thanks for sharing with the world that she does not know how to clean herself properly. And it was confirmed that she was texting. That would not have been in the police report, since at the time the report was made, those records had not been retrieved.

Also for your knowledge, there is no need to disturb this man's eternal rest, as it was already determined that his death was caused from the injuries.
Just thinking

Deepwater, MO

#13 Oct 9, 2012
It's so easy to say what if, but we wouldn't be talking about this if he would have used his brakes, stopped the bike, and waited until the traffic had passed before he pulled around the stalled vehicle.
precisely

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Oct 9, 2012
No, no I don't see what you're saying. I will have to ask his daughter to show me that police report again because that's not what I remember reading. Setting that aside for the moment, what you are saying is completely unreasonable. THE LAW STATES that it is the motor vehicle operator that has to give the right of way, as it was the vehicle that was overtaking the bike. I must also say that this is the first I've heard of her disgusting hygeine habits, but thanks for sharing with the world that she does not know how to clean herself properly. And it was confirmed that she was texting. That would not have been in the police report, since at the time the report was made, those records had not been retrieved.

Also for your knowledge, there is no need to disturb this man's eternal rest, as it was already determined that his death was caused from the injuries.
Maybe you should petition to have texting revoked while driving. I
facts only

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 9, 2012
again someone is mis informed why would they release a report before all the information was in? they would have waited til they had the phone records in order to formally complete the report. also it states the operator of the bicycle was at fault. Maybe Robin should sue them for her vehichle and her anguish of having to hit a man because he didnt properly no the laws of bicycling. You can give one all the space in the world but when they go into your lane there just is no avoidance.
Haha

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Oct 10, 2012
Really people, let's just let it go. I have no desire to sit her and try to converse with a bunch of people who are obviously friends with the driver of the vehicle. That would be the only reason why you would all ignore the law and still claim the bicyclist was at fault, since you can google it and see that per MO law, he is indeed not, I repeat, not at fault.
I do want to say, I just love that everyone claims to have seen the police report, or accoring to the other thread, there must have been like a hundred people because they all saw it happen. I will clear this one little tidbit of info up: there was text messaging involved. Due to the nature of my job, I know certain things and this is one of them that I will share, because I am so against texting while driving. Please please please people, let that text message wait.
wth

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Oct 10, 2012
Obviously you are all friends with Robin. You are all very disrespectful. It really does not matter who's fault it was, a roadside memorial is pretty common here in Perryville. Not really understanding what is so different with this one?
Your ate up

United States

#19 Oct 10, 2012
Im going to steel that bike at the memorial an sell it to terbrek on Feltz
I KNOW!

United States

#20 Oct 10, 2012
Haha-Slanderous statements and Libel/defaming posts that you are accusing her of can cause a civil law suit. Any grief caused by your posts have a chance of affecting not only Robin, but her friends/family and fellow citizens of Perry County. You're attempting to damaging her reputation with lies and because of your choices, Robin can consequently be awarded large financial payouts from you. Due to the nature of your job, you know nothing. Where in the police report did it state that she was texting? Nowhere! What were Robin's contributing factors to the wreck per the police report? NONE! What were Robert's contributing factors in the police report? FAILURE TO YIELD!! Maybe you should actually read the police report and quit accusing her of texting. All of the posts can be tracked back to you the person who needs to be held accountable! Monetary awards are granted for emotional distress for slanderous statements that you are making a prime example of. As far as her walking around like nothing happened, she works to feed her kids like a responsible mother does. God Bless
Just sayin

Saint Louis, MO

#21 Oct 10, 2012
Just an FYI...if the statements are true, then she can't sue. If anyone could sue, I would say it would be the Pinar family, as this thread would be causing them more emotional grief than the poor little innocent mistreated misunderstood driver that plowed over him. You people are heartless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Perryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Response to ashkins of Parker Lake (May '08) 2 hr Guest 9
Heather laughlin 14 hr Curious 1
Pizza hut Wed You Got That Right 4
meth heads in perryville, Mo Wed Gene 48
Who is he Tue Michael Tucker 3
Perry County Mo Public Adminstator Tue Truth 9
Electoral College Tue Guest 9

Perryville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance