ideas for school safety
nobody

Arnold, MO

#1 Dec 20, 2012
Why not put metal detectors at entrances to school have people to monitor them because you go to federal offices , prisons, airports etc they protect themselves in this way, it may not stop all the knives, guns etc from getting in but I bet it would cut back on most.This is a measure that should be implemented in all schools not just in Perryville but nationwide, because as much as we hate it the world is not as user friendly to our children, or elderly . I am a grandmother so I can remember growing up and the neighbors all knew each other watch out for us kids and treated us as their own. Had a neighbor who was older didnt think twice about correcting us when we were out of line[ yep she paddled me more than once] then called my parents and usually got it twice HAHA But now we dont know our neighbors in the neighbor hood just the few who like us have stayed and watched renters come and go have cars vandalized etc. but my point is as a community joined in common goal we need to find ways to reach out to each other to protect our children as they are our future!!!!!
wake up

Decatur, GA

#3 Dec 20, 2012
nobody wrote:
Why not put metal detectors at entrances to school have people to monitor them because you go to federal offices , prisons, airports etc they protect themselves in this way, it may not stop all the knives, guns etc from getting in but I bet it would cut back on most.This is a measure that should be implemented in all schools not just in Perryville but nationwide, because as much as we hate it the world is not as use r friendly to our children, or elderly . I am a grandmother so I can remember growing up and the neighbors all knew each other watch out for us kids and treated us as their own. Had a neighbor who was older didnt think. twice about correcting us when we were out of line[ yep she paddled me more than once] then called my parents and usually got it twice HAHA But now we dont know ou. r neighbors in the neighbor hood just the few who like us have stayed and watched renters come and go have cars vandalized etc. but my point is as a community joined in common goal we need to find ways to reach out to each other to protect our children as they are our future!!!!!
That only works because there's an armed guard there. A metal detector does nothing by its self. In CT they new the guy had guns with or without a detector. He shot through the front door. No need for a detector there. Anyone could have told you he had guns but no one could stop him thats the real problem.
the outlook

United States

#4 Dec 20, 2012
the teachers would be trained as the police. I mean they have our children 8 hrs for 5 days a week why can't we give them more training than lock the doors turn off the lights and hide. the teachers need to be trained in tactics such as the police use to protect us. And they need to be trained in how to handle a gun. a school in texas encourages their teachers with concealed carry to bring it. I know perryville high and SV is close to officers but in reality it only takes minutes to hurt many. Train our teachers affective techniques to protect our children. the schools also need a camera at every door and alarm system that alert when a door is opened and who goes in and out. Just a few ideas but most of all u think every teacher in the country needs to be properly screened, evaluated, trained, and armed to protect our children
the outlook

United States

#5 Dec 20, 2012
*I..** think every teacher in the country needs to be properly screened, evaluated, trained, and armed to protect our children.*****
alan

United States

#6 Dec 20, 2012
Tyga wrote:
<quoted text>Give the children guns!
I think you might be on to something.
the outlook

United States

#8 Dec 20, 2012
Tyga wrote:
<quoted text>
8 to 3 is only 7 hours...
not always around here when u have bus rides ........I for one thing growing up had a 45 minute bus ride to high school so yes they pretty much have your children 8 hrs a day let alone the children that stay after school for after school programs. I'm glad u feel the need to put ur input into something u obviously think is a joke or game. sorry u don't value lives and feel u have to joke or say stupid comments to feel relevant to the conversations that u have nothing to do with. Are you a parent? Some of us real parents care about our children and their safety
the outlook

United States

#10 Dec 20, 2012
hey we train our military it wouldn't be that hard to train our teachers and yes u factor in any time that ur child is away from you. and you still haven't answered if your a parent or not because as far as I care our thought don't mean a monkey fart to me since ur lets give children guns comment. you've latched onto my comments and are going to try a counter them at what ever cost you can.
the outlook

United States

#11 Dec 20, 2012
and as for paying hahah I think that's a service we shouldn't charge to keep our children safe. you know it isn't always about money and money should be the last thing on minds when it comes to keeping children safe. I mean u can train people with out being paid there's no reason to charge someone for protection I mean thae retired service men or active duty service men standing out side of so many schools don't ask to be paid there's nothing to do with money its the ability for people to come together work out a plan and protect innocent lives from ending
alan

United States

#12 Dec 20, 2012
the outlook wrote:
and as for paying hahah I think that's a service we shouldn't charge to keep our children safe. you know it isn't always about money and money should be the last thing on minds when it comes to keeping children safe. I mean u can train people with out being paid there's no reason to charge someone for protection I mean thae retired service men or active duty service men standing out side of so many schools don't ask to be paid there's nothing to do with money its the ability for people to come together work out a plan and protect innocent lives from ending
Ok, then why don't you get trained and stand outside for free everyday. Also, I think he was referring to the cost of the training. I do agree with training facility members, but if you think this should be free out of the goodness of people's hearts, then you sir or ma'm are a fool.
alan

United States

#13 Dec 20, 2012
Faculty
touchy

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Dec 20, 2012
All of you stand to be corrected! Grammatically and otherwise! Until this community pulls together and unites and decides that the schools and the children are important, very little can be done! We have asked for an increase in the tax levy and the approval of a bond issue twice in about 10 years and this town has always voted NO! You can't build safer schools, train better teachers, provide security and weapons without a price! It's not realistic- until people step up to the plate- the district will continue to do the very best job it can with what little resources it has!
wake up

Decatur, GA

#15 Dec 21, 2012
alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, then why don't you get trained and stand outside for free everyday. Also, I think he was referring to the cost of the training. I do agree with training facility members, but if you think this should be free out of the goodness of people's hearts, then you sir or ma'm are a fool.
That good sir is the problem. All these people expect someone else to volunteer time and services. The one thing I've noticed in life is that the more a person makes in life the more they expect someone else to volunteer to help them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Perryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nicole klassen 56 min Samuel Fondren 3
Mitch Inskeep 21 hr Bill Booker 3
Smokin double barrel's Sun Hopdog 3
who is fking hayli riney Sun Lmao 10
Does Gravity hill in Chester work? (Jun '09) Sun Harry Katz 36
Kirsten Kinnison (Dec '10) Feb 18 Damn Real 40
Smokin double barrel Feb 17 Betty Moll 3

Perryville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Perryville Mortgages