plaza tire ripoff scam
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
boobyhead

United States

#1 Jun 12, 2010
be carefull if you take your car for service at plaza tire. i heard from a number of customers that you take your car there to get something fixed and they end up saying that this and this was also wrong with it even if it didnt need to be fixed in the first place.just make sure they fix what you know they are going to fix.
Frank

Glen Carbon, IL

#2 Jun 13, 2010
Ive had the same problem there when I used to take my car there everytime they found something wrong. One time I took it there and they said I needed a tie rod I said I would wait, I took it some where else and they said it was fine, Its been that way for a long time there.
me llamo Maria

Jackson, MO

#3 Jun 13, 2010
yep i agree, i will never take my car there again
Neighbor

Dallas, TX

#4 Jun 13, 2010
They screwed me for the last time too
JGG

Imperial, MO

#5 Jun 13, 2010
I took my car there to be inspected and all they did was drive it around to the side and parked it for 10 minutes. I would have never know had I not been outside talking on the cell phone. My car never even went on a lift. Now Im not gonna complain about spending 12 dollars on an inspection that never happened. But... What if they dont inspect a car that is truly mechanically unsafe? What if it happens to kill someone??? I reported them! And if it happens to you, so should you.
hmmmmm

Perryville, MO

#6 Jun 14, 2010
well last time I checked they are in business to make money and thats part of their job is to up sell. then it is up to the customer to decide if they want to spend the extra money to get the repairs done or not
Run for the hills

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Jun 14, 2010
Selling unneeded repairs is stealing. Its that simple.
hmmmmm

Perryville, MO

#8 Jun 14, 2010
every shop does it ... hell even mcdonalds tries to up sell you !! would you like to super size that ? i mean come on its not a scam,its been going on for years
Lmao

Arnold, MO

#9 Jun 14, 2010
It's not a scam because they don't do unauthorized work and charge you for it they advise you on what they think is in need of repair every mechanic shop does it you should be thankful they are checking things out what if they caught a serious problem I bet there wouldn't be a topic thanking them for that.
Run for the hills

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jun 15, 2010
Not every shop does it.
Lmao

Arnold, MO

#11 Jun 15, 2010
Ok so you have a problem with them looking around under your car to see if there is anything that could impair your driving saftey? Sounds like a horrible practice.
Hotrod

United States

#12 Jun 15, 2010
Lmao wrote:
Ok so you have a problem with them looking around under your car to see if there is anything that could impair your driving saftey? Sounds like a horrible practice.
no im pretty sure they have a problem with them sayin something is wrong when its not lets give an example for u slower people.... People who know nothing about cars get taken advantage of ... Elderly, young people, women or just anyone who doesnt know jack about a car. I worked at pennzoil for the same man that owns plazatire his names charlie. His exzact words were if you can make a sale sell it!!!! Even if it means takein a few corners and pulling one over those who dont know what there talking about...... Those words made me sick to my stomach and i have never forgotten them
Frank

United States

#13 Jun 16, 2010
hmmmmm wrote:
every shop does it ... hell even mcdonalds tries to up sell you !! would you like to super size that ? i mean come on its not a scam,its been going on for years
Your way off asking if you want to super size is an option it is not even in the same league as if you take your car there to get inspected and they say you need a tie rod to pass inspection and then I take it some where else and they say there is nothing wrong with it...see the difference mcdonalds dosent say you cant have your value meal unless you super size it. And no every shop dosent do it.
George

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 1, 2012
Hotrod wrote:
<quoted text>
no im pretty sure they have a problem with them sayin something is wrong when its not lets give an example for u slower people.... People who know nothing about cars get taken advantage of ... Elderly, young people, women or just anyone who doesnt know jack about a car. I worked at pennzoil for the same man that owns plazatire his names charlie. His exzact words were if you can make a sale sell it!!!! Even if it means takein a few corners and pulling one over those who dont know what there talking about...... Those words made me sick to my stomach and i have never forgotten them
Ditto George. I heard that from another ex-employee just recently that they told him in their manager training that EVERY car needed brakes no matter what. They failed my most recent inspection because of brakes and the pads with the least amount of wear that came off of the car were about 1/2 of what they would be if they were new. Missouri State Inspection manual which is online for all to see says 1/32" on bonded pads. My worst one was almost a 1/4"!!! DO NOT GO TO PLAZA TIRE. Their motto should the "THE QUICK RIP-OFF ARTISTS"
Batman

United States

#16 Oct 2, 2012
The place is a joke hope they shut down
Megan

United States

#17 Oct 2, 2012
They put a serpetine belt and idler pully on our car. I thought they did a great job til I called the parts store and found out they charged us ALOT more for the parts than if we had walked in and bought them ourselves. I called and asked about it and they got hateful with me. I call them the Quick rip off artist too and I won't ever go back.
I know one

United States

#18 Oct 2, 2012
hmmmmm wrote:

Yes, It is a scam when they loosen your motor mounts to try and have you buy new ones. I'm a woman, this is the second time this has happened to me at a shop.
shopper

Waterloo, IL

#19 Oct 4, 2012
I agree and we stopped going there for the same reason . We were told we needed new tires and they made us think we were on our last tread and after they put new ones on the guy said ," ya those others wouldn't have lasted but maybe another year " . Are they crazy !!! A year is a lot for someone struggling to make ends meat . That was our final farewell to them and they lost a good customer .
Plaza guy

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Oct 4, 2012
Good we don't need your business, we will just move on to the next sucker. People have to make money, if you are just gonna give it away we will take it. Maybe you should have asked for a second opinion, you are always entitled to that.
Goodyear guy

United States

#21 Oct 4, 2012
The place is a joke an wish the scandals would shut down!!! Seen the manager almost get his ass kicked one night would have love to seen that. But authority got involved so no fight...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Perryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley Smith 43 min bub 4
Sonic in town 3 hr working man 4
Logan Welty 7 hr Grow up 12
Who is amber turner Wed Jake 2
School closing Wed Snow flake 12
Herion Dealers (Jun '17) Wed You r wrong 131
Black police officers Tue Sollers 8

Perryville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance