wtmoore

Atlanta, GA

#1 Mar 15, 2006
hello all...i lived outside perryton (near booker) back in the early eighties. i worked for the western co. in well servicing. i'm watching CNN right now, and the wildfires caught my attention because of my past ties to the area. the news stories mention pampa, miami, etc, but there has so far been no mention of perryton/booker.

you guys okay up there? the images i'm seeing on the news don't look too good.
panhandlerJoe

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Apr 22, 2006
hello wtmoore.. i live in perryton and if you lived between booker and perryton the fires never got very close to us here. the fires mainly stayed between the canadian river area and alittle south of I-40 between about borger and pampa. northern amarillo even got evacuated a couple times from fires. i think for the most part these fires have stayed away from towns and just mainly destroyed over a million acres of farm land

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Perryton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 19 Fartdog 843
Help with an address Apr '15 silverchair 1
News Woman's body found (May '08) Apr '15 lauriebooker 42
Review: Closet Monster Apr '15 estifany uribe 1
Review: Q Nails & SPA Dec '14 Maded 1
Nicole larue (Nov '14) Nov '14 Abc 1
More from around the web

Perryton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]