Letters to the Editor

Letters to the Editor

There are 8 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jan 11, 2008, titled Letters to the Editor. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Let schools chief keep doing her job Gov. Martin O'Malley and the members of the state legislature need to leave state schools Superintendent Nancy S. Grasmick alone .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Dave

Hyattsville, MD

#1 Jan 11, 2008
Martin O'Malley, Michael Busch and Michael Miller are nothing more than corrupt, dishonest, petty and childish "jerks" who are vindictive against Ms. Grasmick because she didn't do their beckoning. The unintelligent voters of Maryland voted these "jerks" into office and are getting the pettiness and corrupt results from their stupidity. Maybe next election these voters will wise up and throw them out of office. In the mean time all we intelligent voters can do is hope that the "free loading" O'Malley family, Busch and Miller grow up and act like intelligent adults. Which I doubt they can do. If the voters and taxpayers allow them to change the law to fire Ms. Grasmick they should be impeached.
Kevin

Manassas, VA

#2 Jan 11, 2008
O'Malley's comments regarding Ms. Gasmick are sophomoric and childish. This is poor leadership. It may be time for a new governor instead of paying someone to settle their petty personal grievances.
Rick

Cockeysville, MD

#3 Jan 11, 2008
Everyone knows that the actions of the Deomocratic leadership of MD are all to benefit the children. The problem is the children are Martin O'Malley, Mike Busch and Mike Miller.

Since: Jan 08

Westminster, MD

#4 Jan 11, 2008
If I am doing my math correctly, Grasmick was appointed by a Democrat. How then can she be a "pawn of the GOP" and a "hold over of not child left behind."

I guess the answer is that Grasmick (along with former Gov. Erhlich) was in favor of the state taking over a corrupt and unproductive Baltimore City School System when the Boy Wonder was Mayor.

No good deed goes unpunished in Maryland!
Jack

Parkville, MD

#5 Jan 11, 2008
Our esteemed governor hates Dr, Grasmick because her husband, lumber magnate Louis Grasmick, supported Bob Ehrlich in the governor's race. Political paybacks are hell, Nancy.
Dave

Hyattsville, MD

#6 Jan 11, 2008
Interesting how only O'Malley, Miller and the other clown, Busch feel they are right. I don't see anyone posting that they are right. Maybe there is hope that the voters have realized the magnitude of their electing O'Malley and his free loading family. The voters need to understand that the three stooges are not intending to change the law to benefit the citizes of Maryland, but only to give the "free loader" an avenue to seek revenge against Ms. Grasmick. I suspect any thing they do will be challenged in Court and they will lose, it is absolutely corrupt and dishonest to change a law to fire an appointed person. Didn't the crybaby O'Malley accuse Governor Erhlich of doing this?
Douger

United States

#7 Jan 11, 2008
"If the price of OTP stays the same while the cigarette tax rises, youth are drawn to OTP."

Isn't it illegal for people under 18 years old to buy tobacco products? How does a tax stop said illegal purchases?

The thought that taxes will deter kids from tobacco is ludicrous. They have more disposable income than their parents do.

"Raising the price of OTP has become even more important since both R.J. Reynolds and Philip Morris have entered the smokeless tobacco industry and begun marketing mini-cigars and smokeless tobacco products to youth."

How, exactly, do the tobacco companies market anything to kids? Do they advertise on Nickelodeon?
Douger

United States

#8 Jan 11, 2008
"Maybe next election these voters will wise up and throw them out of office."

It's not likely, even though Marylanders had to know of O'Malley's childish streak when they voted for him. He put it on display enough in Baltimore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Perry Hall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing 17-year-old boy from Middle River Jul 16 jose 1
News Reputed 'Bloods' Gang Member Charged In Shooting (Mar '06) May '16 Zeke the Pinhead 453
News Hundreds show support for housing bill in Balti... Apr '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
Jolly Shows carnival returns to White Marsh Mal... Apr '16 montydad5000 1
News Abingdon Panera fundraiser for Sheriff's Office... Mar '16 PatFrance 1
News Man shot outside White Marsh restaurant Feb '16 Rain 2
News Table Talk - (Oct '07) Dec '15 The Truth 10

Perry Hall Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Perry Hall Mortgages