Man dead following car, motorcycle co...

Man dead following car, motorcycle collision in Perry

There are 7 comments on the The Macon Telegraph story from Jun 12, 2009, titled Man dead following car, motorcycle collision in Perry. In it, The Macon Telegraph reports that:

A Tennessee man is dead after his motorcycle collided with a vehicle in Perry, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Macon Telegraph.

Lawrenceburg, KY

#1 Jun 17, 2009
This man was my brother. He was traveling to Florida to see our sister who is ill. No matter whose fault it was,it is a terrible tragedy for both families. As I understand from the police, he did not yield at the red light. My heart goes out to this sixteen year old and her family as we all try to get through these times.

Hawkinsville, GA

#2 Jul 6, 2009
I am sorry for your loss. The day of the accident my mom phoned asking if my 30 yr old son, who bought a motorcycle a year ago, was working, when she learned of the accident not knowing if it was her grandson. When he learned of the accident, he was working & asked me to search the internet for a report of the accident. I forwarded the accident photos & details to his cell phone. He lives 50 miles above the area of the accident. I live 20 miles below the area. He drove to the area trying to reach his own conclusion of what may have happened. Although he did not know your brother, it made an impact on him. I feel certain it done the same to others. Many times, people do not say anything at all for fear of saying the wrong thing. I hope you do not reminiscence on the accident but occupy your thoughts with the good memories you have of him.

Columbia, SC

#3 Jul 8, 2009
That was a very sweet and touching post.

Hawkinsville, GA

#4 Jul 8, 2009
I am opposed to my sons riding a motorcycle, realizing the possible danger of any accident. I have more respect for bikers after reviewing the "hands-on, 15 hour, Basic Rider Course training program" my oldest son took to become a safer driver. I would love to see this course become mandatory for all bikers.
Drivers should respect bikers, avoid pulling into their path just because they are bikers. Someone loves the biker just as someone loves the one who drives larger means of transportation.
The Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) developed a "hands-on, 15 hour, Basic Rider Course training program". MSF is a not-for-profit organization 800 446-9227 or
I do not receive any compensation for this or any recommendation. Hopefully, it may save a life(s) because every one is loved by someone!!

Acworth, GA

#5 Sep 9, 2009
Sorry for the loss. I do see lots of careless bike riders daily. Cars are bigger...don't ride bikes.

Roberta, GA

#6 Sep 12, 2009
I am truly sorry for your loss. My husband and ride both ride as well as our 3 sons. It is true that cars are bigger but how many people get killed in cars as well. All drivers have to do is just look before pulling out in the lane of traffic or merging over to turn, etc. My husband was traveling on Corty Hodges Rd in Perry, GA. in the left hand lane to turn left when a truck in the right lane came past him, turned on his left blinker and immediately proceeded to change lanes. Mean while my husband has to lock down the brakes and the rear tire slid out from under him causing him to drop the bike. In that split second he had to decide to either hit the truck and risk certain death or lock the brakes and hope for less injuries. Of course the guy tells every cop on the scene that he doesn't know why the guy dropped it because he wasn't coming over on him, well, duh why would he make a statement like that if he didn't have something to hide. End the end my husband has a broken leg in 5 places and has to have a rod in his leg with screws for the rest of his life. Our insurance will pay with I am sure an increase in premium. All could have been avoided if the driver of the truck had just paid attention to the vehicles on the road. after all he did go past the biker on the right did he not see him before he proceeded to merge into the left lane? Probably not if he was in his blind sight but all he had to do was JUST LOOK by taking one more second to turn his head and look to see where the bike went that he had just passed on the right! That tells me that he was paying attention, he was in a hurry to get his little girl to the horse show at the fair grounds as he told me via phone. This man was also a paramedic for the fire dept. so of course the police will take the side of a family member but all bikers reading this will know that you would never lock down the brakes to avoid hitting the air in front of you. SO PLEASE LETS ALL JUST TAKE ONE SECOND LONGER TO JUST LOOK BEFORE REACTING, IT MIGHT JUST SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE.

Forsyth, GA

#7 Jun 19, 2010
We have to drive vehicles to live. I choose a bigger one. Too hard to see tiny little motorcycle. I get cut off, and my bumper rode in heavy traffic by motorcycles seems like weekly. No compassion for someone who sits on top of two wheeled unstable machine with no seatbelt and hard for others to see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Perry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
j. coil Mar 15 iknow 1
Warner Robins Recreation Department Feb '18 Billy 2
Cheating Wives (Aug '17) Feb '18 Openyoureyes 4
Is Warner Robins a good place to live? (Sep '08) Jan '18 Daniel 95
Review: LDI Landscape (Apr '17) Jan '18 j mathis 12
stripper$ Jan '18 mbobby 2
My childhood in Hawkinsville (Nov '08) Jan '18 Lynrosey 72

Perry Jobs

Personal Finance

Perry Mortgages