H-Board OKs Drury Hotel plans

H-Board OKs Drury Hotel plans

There are 56 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from May 26, 2009, titled H-Board OKs Drury Hotel plans. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Photo: Drury Hotels still seeks approval to build the primary hotel entrance on the central south side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Peskime

Florence, AL

#42 May 27, 2009
The irony, the irony. When My husband and I wanted to build a new house behind the old one ( the H board gave us hell!) Hypocrites. all of them.
Peskime

Florence, AL

#43 May 27, 2009
The old Saint Vincents Hospital is haunted, this should make for some interesting bedfellows.
John Thompson

United States

#44 May 27, 2009
There are always several rounds of negotiations in which developers bluff that they must have this or that exception or else they can't make the deal work.
The more exceptions are granted, the more Santa Fe looks like anywhere and everywhere else. Is that what you want?
Do you think that the developer cares at all about the special character of Santa Fe? I think, only to the degree that it can be capitalized on.

Santa Fe isn't so desperate for the number of service/hospitality industry jobs this development will bring that concessions must be made in the coolest part of the city.

Preserve the Historic District.
Enforce the ordinance.
Still Smiling

Albuquerque, NM

#45 May 27, 2009
150 a night...that will get you a rat hole! You people are just plain campesinons!
Judge Roy Bean

Bloomington, IN

#46 May 28, 2009
Peskime wrote:
The old Saint Vincents Hospital is haunted, this should make for some interesting bedfellows.
Bad Haunted...The lady in white on the 4th floor.
Peskime

Florence, AL

#47 May 28, 2009
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad Haunted...The lady in white on the 4th floor.
Lady in white? Isn't that the ghost at the bar in Lamy? I've always heard it was soldiers who haunted the old St Vincents Hospital downtown.
Maybe you know more about it that I do? Tell us a ghost story Judge.
Judge Roy Bean

Bloomington, IN

#48 May 28, 2009
I only know of two.

The first is the "Orderly" who moves people into the morgue. The big steel doors are always open and when you go in the temperature drops and the doors close. The old Chief Engineer and a maintenance guy at the time (Steve Herrera) backed it up.

My wife's Grandmother was there before the they moved everyone to Casa Real. She and others ( visitors and family) often saw the "Nurse" who would roam the hallway. When folks said she had actually come in and visited their room,they passed the next day.
Judge Roy Bean

Bloomington, IN

#49 May 28, 2009
There is the lady up at Brush Ranch who died in a fire in the 50's. She scared the crap out of me and a buddy when I worked up there.

Mr. Ortiz at the Hilton used to walk the halls outside my old office in the basement and then up in the Pinon too. He would also unlock one of the freezers in the kitchen.

There is one in the Eldorado on the 3rd floor over the Old house too.

Since: Feb 09

Santa Fe

#50 May 28, 2009
My husband used to be a manager at the Eldorado in the late eighties/early nineties and you are correct about it being haunted. Once he was checking rooms on the third floor and he walked by a room when he heard a tremendous amount of noise coming from a room. He opened the door and the room was completely empty. Now I've got the chills.
Judge Roy Bean

Bloomington, IN

#51 May 28, 2009
I was night manager there (Eldo) for a 99-00. Went to Hilton as Chief Engineer in 2002. Worked with Steve out at Bishops Lodge. Ghosts are everywhere - even up here. My wife swears we have a little black dog that live in our house.

Santa Fe

#52 May 28, 2009
Judge
He said it was room 301 or 302.
Judge Roy Bean

Bloomington, IN

#53 May 28, 2009
Yeah, towards the end of the hall over the Old House Is Mike D. your husband?

Santa Fe

#54 May 28, 2009
No, my husband is European and was the room service manager.
Judge Roy Bean

Bloomington, IN

#55 May 28, 2009
Okay, before my time. Still it's fun to hear that the hair on my neck didn't stand on end for no reason in that hall.
Santa Fe Driver

Los Lunas, NM

#56 May 28, 2009
It doesn't matter about the flood zone?

Santa Fe

#57 May 28, 2009
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Okay, before my time. Still it's fun to hear that the hair on my neck didn't stand on end for no reason in that hall.

LOL, my husband was the youngest manager at the time. I remember when he had his "experience" he was rather freaked out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peralta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Starbucks in Los Lunas "Warning about a Golddig... (Jan '17) Aug 8 Carl W 6
Child molestor ALERT Aug 7 The more you know 1
News New Mexico Public Education Secretary Skandera ... Jul '17 oakie 13
Los Chavez Tweakers (Dec '16) Apr '17 chainz 2
News Los Lunas homes showing foundation problems (Jan '08) Apr '17 HOHI 195
News Breeder under fire for running 'puppy mill' (Jan '09) Apr '17 Debra Buckhorn 228
News Facebook chooses New Mexico for new data center... (Sep '16) Dec '16 Aimee Hall 2

Peralta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peralta Mortgages