H-Board OKs Drury Hotel plans

H-Board OKs Drury Hotel plans

There are 56 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from May 26, 2009, titled H-Board OKs Drury Hotel plans. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Photo: Drury Hotels still seeks approval to build the primary hotel entrance on the central south side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sanafepea

Jackson, MS

#1 May 27, 2009
exceptions...exceptions...exce ptions... all everyone wants is exceptions to the rules. They add up, look at what exceptions have done to the town already.
Crazy

Tijeras, NM

#2 May 27, 2009
Why all of a sudden is this being allowed to happen. What about all the others before them that wanted a chance and it was denied. I'm telling you, how much more corrupt is Santa Fe getting. It's right under our noses and they're getting away with it. Why? Money talks, s--- walks.
onlooker

San Jose, CA

#3 May 27, 2009
WHere are your watchdogs? The rules say 18 feet and this project doubles the ht and no one dissents? If so, you get what you deserve. Too bad to see Santa Fe going the way of the rest of the nation.....yes, money does talk.
rivers2bx

Huntsville, AL

#4 May 27, 2009
Still and all--compared to other cities, Santa Fe does try and mitigate the inevitable. Re-use and adaption of buildings for new purposes is an ancient idea that still works. Much better to reuse part of the structure, and have a small sense of the original, than tear it down, which is what would have happened (and is still happening,) in cities such as Tucson. The new plan seems like a practical, and functional compromise.
murph55SantaFe

Santa Fe, NM

#5 May 27, 2009
Crazy wrote:
Why all of a sudden is this being allowed to happen. What about all the others before them that wanted a chance and it was denied. I'm telling you, how much more corrupt is Santa Fe getting. It's right under our noses and they're getting away with it. Why? Money talks, s--- walks.
Crazy like a fox! I agree, but who needs an empty hospital next to an empty school. We can use the jobs this will create! You can complain later while having a "cool one" with your spare coin, if you can find a place to park.
Marrr

Santa Fe, NM

#6 May 27, 2009
Great addition to downtown!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Dec 08

Santa Fe, NM

#7 May 27, 2009
Marian Hall is where my broken arm was set when I got bucked off a horse in the 3rd grade. Not long after that I remember going to an open house tour of the new St. Vincent's. It was so big! And the gleaming floors and wide halls had my eyes as big as saucers. Most of the nurses were nuns back then.

It seems to me that this project would be a good use of the vacant buildings. It would certainly create jobs for the short term. I just don't know how badly we need more expensive hotel rooms.
been there

United States

#8 May 27, 2009
Look for a connection between Rasch and Sommer. What exactly was the hardship that the hotel had in not getting the extra height? How did this extra height NOT impact the character of the neighborhood?
Joe Schmoe

Albuquerque, NM

#9 May 27, 2009
Ugh- Here we go again.

"During the public comment period, preservationists Marilyn Bane and John Pen La Farge spoke against granting height exceptions. Bane said this might lead to "a town of skyscrapers."

Let's stifle any or all good economic development because the rich don't want to loose a few feet of their precious skyline.
Joe Schmoe

Albuquerque, NM

#10 May 27, 2009
Onlooker-

You planning a move to Santa Fe as well, so you can start governing stupid laws that hurt jobs for locals?
Gilberto

Rio Rancho, NM

#11 May 27, 2009
this in itself is not good, as a native and having been born in that hospital and now to see it develop into some outrageous hotel for the conveience of the tourist nothing for the natives we are outnumbered it saddens me totally.
SFX - Native SFean

United States

#12 May 27, 2009
BRAVO!!
Joe Schmoe

Albuquerque, NM

#13 May 27, 2009
Gilberto-

It provides jobs. It was not going to be used anymore as a hospital, and the building can still be used.

Los Touristas do bring in money, and that's great. As long as they don't decide to move here and start enacting laws that hurt locals, and benefit only themselves.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Fe

#14 May 27, 2009
Anyone want to bet. This project will never get off the ground.
Oh boy

Santa Fe, NM

#15 May 27, 2009
there are so many ghosts in that building that in time it will go under because no one will stay in there except for the ghost hunters.

Cedar Crest, NM

#16 May 27, 2009
Joe Schmoe wrote:
Gilberto-
It provides jobs. It was not going to be used anymore as a hospital, and the building can still be used.
Los Touristas do bring in money, and that's great. As long as they don't decide to move here and start enacting laws that hurt locals, and benefit only themselves.
Move here like Marilyn Bane and Karen Heldemeyer did and change the town forever by not allowing it to change. If they could, the HDRB would put a glass bubble over downtown Santa Fe and fill it with formaldehyde.
Woodmeister

Florence, AL

#17 May 27, 2009
Hey, the existing buildings are already over the limit, it's not like they want to double or triple what's already there. If it gets built, they will come. Of course, that's a big if in this economy.
Even

Santa Fe, NM

#18 May 27, 2009
Woodmeister wrote:
Hey, the existing buildings are already over the limit, it's not like they want to double or triple what's already there. If it gets built, they will come. Of course, that's a big if in this economy.
in this economy - they'll come. They always come to Santa Fe.
happy

Santa Fe, NM

#19 May 27, 2009
ghost hunting!!!!
Judge Roy Bean

Bloomington, IN

#20 May 27, 2009
The Ghosts are all for it. The old morgue would make a great suite. Their scare potential will go way up and they'll get more cred.

Scare the bejesus out of some couple from Minnesota dontcha know?

Give Ol' Mister Oritz a run for his money down the street.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peralta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two arrested after officer-involved shooting Fr... Sun The truth 1
News New Mexico clinics close up, disappear with pat... Jun 5 Good Luck 18
News Child molester sentenced 33 years later (Dec '11) Apr '16 Hmmm 2
Paul Marez Apr '16 Hmmm 1
bfpd Apr '16 Enough 911 1
trafic in main st Apr '16 Enough 2
News Residents voice concern over new probation, par... Apr '16 jcperea 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peralta Mortgages