Santa Fe Pride: Rainbows of support

Santa Fe Pride: Rainbows of support

There are 353 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Jun 27, 2009, titled Santa Fe Pride: Rainbows of support. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Photo: Luis Sanchez-Saturno /The New Mexican Dan Koffman, left, takes Mayor David Coss and his wife, Carol Rose, for a ride on a pedicab on Paseo de Peralta during Saturdaya TMs Santa Fe Pride Parade.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

Valentine McKay-Riddell

Santa Fe, NM

#21 Jun 28, 2009
What a joyful celebration of true equality! When I first came here, years ago, I was struck by the strong commitment of New Mexicans to land and family. It is unique in this country. I have recently returned from an extended stay in California, where the legislature has sadly and foolishly once more blocked gay marriage, and it's a great relief to see that New Mexico's people (and, one hopes, her politicians)continue to support strong and loving families in all their many forms. Pride (gay or otherwise) may not heal our world, but love certainly will.
Rennae

Santa Fe, NM

#22 Jun 28, 2009
I was saddened that Pride was moved to the Railyard, out of sight. All of the other big, important community events are held at the Plaza. Pride should be on the Plaza as well. I hope it goes back to the Plaza where it belongs for next year.
Zorkon 756

Kihei, HI

#23 Jun 28, 2009
This isn’t going to make many happy, and it is only my opinion.

What ever the purpose or intention of Gay Pride Parades might be, as a parade, it is the eye- candy that captures the attention of the public.

It has been reported that no more than 1 or 2 percent of gay people engage in such public exposures. Most are quite conservative so to speak. I believe I read once that only 1 percent of gay people visit gay bars. Thus, if what we take from what we see at these parades and gay bars represents the public image of homosexual behavior, we are essentially seeing only a minor and distorted part of the whole picture.

Someone said such was so ‘90’s. Too bad they weren’t around in the 60’s and 70’s before HIV, even so----

From the standpoint of gaining a more serious acceptance from the straight community, some other “presentation” might be more advantageous. If you want to see eye-candy, go to the candy store.

Right now, the topic on most minds is how to obtain fair treatment for homosexuals of all stripes, not just the exhibitionists.

It is said, that if you want to make a sale, you need to impress your customer with the right presentation. Offend them and they will quickly show you the door.

This is just my opinion. However, if one assumes I really mean something else, you will be expressing your values, not mine.

“Ideologically opposed to art”

Since: Apr 09

Santa Fe

#24 Jun 28, 2009
See photos of the event here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gnarlodious/sets...
NMHU Alumni

United States

#25 Jun 28, 2009
Only in liberal Santa Fe!!!
Say

Santa Fe, NM

#26 Jun 28, 2009
NMHU Alumni wrote:
Only in liberal Santa Fe!!!
what? You really went to college?

Oh I see, Highlands.
whats

United States

#27 Jun 28, 2009
Say wrote:
<quoted text>
what? You really went to college?
Oh I see, Highlands.
wrong with Highlands, Stinky Richard?
MichaelMichael

AOL

#28 Jun 28, 2009
What those folks need to do is to turn their lives around and accept the principles God teaches us and not over rule his commandments and apply their own agendas. They are living on dangerous grounds and nothing good can come out from that way of life! Repent before this ‘gay pride’ mentally; feeling of superiority, better than others winds up heading toward ‘gay die’ destruction!
MichaelMichael

AOL

#29 Jun 28, 2009
Rennae wrote:
I was saddened that Pride was moved to the Railyard, out of sight. All of the other big, important community events are held at the Plaza. Pride should be on the Plaza as well. I hope it goes back to the Plaza where it belongs for next year.
I don't think so, be lucky it was moved to the railyard. If I'd had any say in it would have been moved to the county land fill!
Luckily

Santa Fe, NM

#30 Jun 28, 2009
MichaelMichael wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think so, be lucky it was moved to the railyard. If I'd had any say in it would have been moved to the county land fill!
the bigots don't run this town.
God

Santa Fe, NM

#31 Jun 28, 2009
MichaelMichael wrote:
What those folks need to do is to turn their lives around and accept the principles God teaches us and not over rule his commandments and apply their own agendas. They are living on dangerous grounds and nothing good can come out from that way of life! Repent before this ‘gay pride’ mentally; feeling of superiority, better than others winds up heading toward ‘gay die’ destruction!
loves you in spite of you hatred toward his creation and miuse of his name for your own agenda.
important

United States

#32 Jun 28, 2009
Rennae wrote:
events?

What's so important about a bunch of fa ggots walking around?
Zorkon 756

Kihei, HI

#33 Jun 28, 2009
MichaelMichael wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think so, be lucky it was moved to the railyard. If I'd had any say in it would have been moved to the county land fill!
Really? And why would anyone want to have it at your home? This a public event.
will

Albuquerque, NM

#34 Jun 28, 2009
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
There happens to be a little phrase called the 1t amendment that prevents ever making it "illegal to speak badly of people in a protected class." Even though the right-wing propaganda machine, Theo-con rapture right bigoted fund raising preachers, and hate radio make the claim, it is as bogus as claiming there is no hate crimes.
I don't understand how "'hate crime' laws" show a damn thing. They only define what a hate crime is.
you jstfu already. what a friggin windbag you are.
they should

Albuquerque, NM

#35 Jun 28, 2009
Rennae wrote:
move it out to airport road where true diversity lives strong, and where the glbt community could be embraced by our newly arrived mexican illegals. I guarantee, once our new illegals see a set of butt less chaps, they will go running back across the border.
PlacitasRoy

Albuquerque, NM

#36 Jun 28, 2009
will wrote:
<quoted text>you jstfu already. what a friggin windbag you are.
Another really brilliant 3rd grade rant by a mental midget More proof that Topix & SFNM sux.

Have to wonder if you are a self-hating gay person.
PlacitasRoy

Albuquerque, NM

#37 Jun 28, 2009
they should wrote:
<quoted text>
move it out to airport road where true diversity lives strong, and where the glbt community could be embraced by our newly arrived mexican illegals. I guarantee, once our new illegals see a set of butt less chaps, they will go running back across the border.
Another screen name changing mental midget spewing 3rd grade xenophobic, homophobic and Reich-wing hate [email protected]
RichardWWiddner

Florence, AL

#38 Jun 28, 2009
As I read this article it troubled me that the use of words in the English dictionery could be so misused. Beautiful colors and rainbows do not remind most people of other people who choose to have a lifestyle contrary to the normal man and woman relationship. The rainbow signifies a covenant between the almighty creator and man. The understanding one derives is that adults with arrested emotional development, acting like children got their way, over an issue already stated a final "NO!" Someday, most of these adults with childish whims will see it was all a nightmare. A mistake that has every possibility of change for the better.
RichardWWiddner

Florence, AL

#39 Jun 28, 2009
important wrote:
<quoted text>
events?
What's so important about a bunch of fa ggots walking around?
The event is Not big, nor is it Important, as a matter of fact, you should feel shame. Open your eyes and look at the larger issues surrounding people who choose this type of life. You will be very surprised to learn there is strife and difficulty. There is that in normal relationships, why go the extra mile for misery.
RichardWWiddner

Florence, AL

#40 Jun 28, 2009
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Another screen name changing mental midget spewing 3rd grade xenophobic, homophobic and Reich-wing hate [email protected]
lol lol lol lol lol....the original author stating that the event should be moved by the airport, hit the head on the nail. Good comment,very funny. It is also interesting for some people to put retarted labels on other folk who have some valid responses. It must make their pride not so prideful. Hey dumbell, it has nothing to do with hate nor Hitler. It has to do with people like you who have problems with the way you think. Nasty. Get it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peralta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Starbucks in Los Lunas "Warning about a Golddig... Sat Bernadette Lee Ch... 3
Los Chavez Tweakers Apr 28 chainz 2
News Los Lunas homes showing foundation problems (Jan '08) Apr '17 HOHI 195
News Breeder under fire for running 'puppy mill' (Jan '09) Apr '17 Debra Buckhorn 230
Sheriff is Dirty handed in Valencia County (Apr '09) Mar '17 VCCC 106
News Facebook chooses New Mexico for new data center... (Sep '16) Dec '16 Aimee Hall 2
Review: Great Clips LL (Dec '12) Dec '16 Gom 3

Peralta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peralta Mortgages