Santa Fe Pride: Rainbows of support

Full story: The Santa Fe New Mexican

Photo: Luis Sanchez-Saturno /The New Mexican Dan Koffman, left, takes Mayor David Coss and his wife, Carol Rose, for a ride on a pedicab on Paseo de Peralta during Saturdaya TMs Santa Fe Pride Parade.

Comments (Page 18)

Showing posts 341 - 353 of353
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

Judged:

Zorkon 756 wrote:
You disagree with everyone. Go away. And take your diarrhea mouth with you punk.
Nick was right about you.

Miyazaki

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are advocating just that. You wish to change the status quo.
You must be a little confused.
I am not advocating anything that would impose my will on you and whomsoever you choose to love or reside with. What would ever give you that inane idea. When have I ever suggested that you should live your life in any way that you don't choose to live it?
Skeptical

Middletown, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

Judged:

TruettCollins wrote:
<quoted text>
Study scripture....God didn't create anything that he calls evil.....
Isaiah 45:7:
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Jeremiah 42:10:
If ye will still abide in this land, then will I build you, and not pull you down, and I will plant you, and not pluck you up: for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you.

I haven't found the verse that explains Satan magically spawning out of nothing, but I'll keep looking.

Since: Jul 09

Hilo, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

Nick Tremble wrote:
<quoted text>
Zorkon hates for his hypocrisy to be exposed. He uses a sexual vularity in one attack, then complains about "diarrhea mouth" in the next. The plain fact is that he's uncomfortable with any challenge to his ideology, which he feels is validated by his advanced years. Age and wisdom do not always go hand in hand, my friend, and you still have a ways to go, judging from your comments. I hope you wise up.
As far as I am concerned you have absolutely no redeeming social values. You are an amoral propagandist and liar. Your utter being is the very meaning of vulgarity.

Get thee hence Satan!

Since: Jul 09

Hilo, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

Judged:

Skeptical wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 45:7:
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Jeremiah 42:10:
If ye will still abide in this land, then will I build you, and not pull you down, and I will plant you, and not pluck you up: for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you.
I haven't found the verse that explains Satan magically spawning out of nothing, but I'll keep looking.
I've cited this verse from Isaiah on this site before. It means nothing to the Christian hypocrites. They think God is a fool! They claim to worship Him, so obviously they think everyone else is a fool too.

Miyazaki

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, Steve, your wish to change the status quo to suit your own moral pretensions fits that category. The imposing part.
Have I ever made any suggestion on how you should live your own life? I wish to impose nothing on you but restraints on your wish to control the actions of others. Perhaps you don't understand the difference.

You can live any kind of life you want. You can't tell me how to live mine. All I want is some reciprocation. Live as you choose to live and let others do the same.

Miyazaki

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

Judged:

Nick Tremble wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're presuming a "right" to gay marriage, I have to disagree, with Proposition 8 in California being a prime recent example. The community has always reserved the right to set its own standards of behavior, which are codified by law. Many of these are based on the "moral pretensions" to which you object, evidently selectively as it applies to your own ideology and "moral pretensions". Homosexuals are not denied any rights not given to every other citizen, and arguments to the contrary fall flat in most state supreme courts.
Of course, you are quite precise and very wrong. Nobody voted to end discrimination in Mississippi. Rights are not subject to popular opinion. The community has NEVER held the right to set its own standards of behavior when those standards deny equal protection without any compelling reason. Gay marriage will almost certainly become public policy in the very near future. Whether that will by referendum or judicial decree is yet to be determined. As it becomes policy, state by state, the federal government will have to step in to end the discrepancies, just as they did with racial integration. A separate set of rules for gays is inherently unequal.
Nick Tremble

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

Judged:

Zorkon 756 wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I am concerned you have absolutely no redeeming social values. You are an amoral propagandist and liar. Your utter being is the very meaning of vulgarity.
Get thee hence Satan!
Wow a rather hysterical post. I've been promoted from a simple fool not worth responding to all the way up to the Prince of Darkness himself. Can you say "senile dementia"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

Judged:

Steve van Dresser wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, you are quite precise and very wrong. Nobody voted to end discrimination in Mississippi. Rights are not subject to popular opinion. The community has NEVER held the right to set its own standards of behavior when those standards deny equal protection without any compelling reason. Gay marriage will almost certainly become public policy in the very near future. Whether that will by referendum or judicial decree is yet to be determined. As it becomes policy, state by state, the federal government will have to step in to end the discrepancies, just as they did with racial integration. A separate set of rules for gays is inherently unequal.
You are right. Nobody voted to end that discrimination.

Simple fact is if you impose a law saying you can't discriminate, or dislike, or anything else that goes against your views, then you are guilty of what you rail against. It is a basic human right to form your own judgment and act on it accordingly.

You are out of touch with reality, Steve.
Nick Tremble

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

Judged:

I don't mean to pick on Zorkie, but he does tend to get a little melodramatic when perturbed from his fancy perch as an elite ideologue.

The "senile dementia" crack was uncalled for. Sorry. But hey, he called me "Satan" first.

Miyazaki

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. Nobody voted to end that discrimination.
Simple fact is if you impose a law saying you can't discriminate, or dislike, or anything else that goes against your views, then you are guilty of what you rail against. It is a basic human right to form your own judgment and act on it accordingly.
You are out of touch with reality, Steve.
You can form your own judgment and act on it accordingly, anytime you want. You can live by whatever moral standards you choose to impose on yourself. I will never complain.

But when you think that your moral rules should govern my behavior, you have crossed the line. Is it really that hard to understand?

Are you just pretending to be stupid to support your argument? You can't enforce rules of moral behavior that deprive me of my civil rights, and you shouldn't be allowed to.
Nick Tremble

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

Judged:

Steve van Dresser wrote:
<quoted text>
You're naively predicting events based on anomolies in a handful of states, and it's likely that the laws will be reversed in at least some of those. The prevailing legal opinion is that gay marriage is not a constitutional "right" and that gays are already afforded the same rights as anyone else. Some states, like California, decided to remove all doubt with Prop 8 to prevent people like you from trying to bastardize the law by inferring unintended "gay rights" from the state constitution. I applaud the people of California for standing up to the bullying gay lobby and having the courage to do this.

Since: Jun 09

Arcadia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

Nick Tremble wrote:
I never stated that Christianity is "my religion". I was just observing that virtually every discussion involving gay marriage ends up with an attack on Christianity, or more precisely, a personal attack on those with traditional Christian beliefs. This seems to be anti-thetical to those who pretend to espouse tolerance and inclusiveness, and I think this hypocrisy should be confronted.
Nor did I state that. I'm using the word religion to note that most people on here use religion to attack others. To another post of yours that most people attack Christianity first. Well, You must not go out much. But from an early age, I've seen and have experienced more "attacks" coming from religious fundamentalists more than I have seen others attack the religion. Its not that people are attacking the religion, but the people who are using religion as an excuse to condemn others. I live in CA, so I'm unhappy with the lies that have been espoused on the tele and some people voted based on those lies. However, there is some blame to be put onto those on the No on 8's campaign board, but that's another topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 341 - 353 of353
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Peralta Discussions

Search the Peralta Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Adults tortured kids with battery (Jun '09) Jul 4 Noneofyourbusiness 31
Review: Main Street Muscle & Fitness Center Jun 18 Michelle 3
Sheriff is Dirty handed in Valencia County (Apr '09) Jun '14 Schmuckrivera 104
Sheriff elections 2014 May '14 Rmorales32 1
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232
Los Lunas chief dealt with similar case to that... (Aug '09) May '14 Steve Garcia 9
Review: Saint Anthonys Home Health Care Services May '14 Maira Aponte 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Peralta Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Peralta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE