Local news in brief Oct. 10, 2009

Local news in brief Oct. 10, 2009

There are 26 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Oct 9, 2009, titled Local news in brief Oct. 10, 2009. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Photo: Three-car crash ties up traffic: One of three cars involved in a traffic crash Friday morning blocks the southbound lanes of St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jim Terr

Santa Fe, NM

#1 Oct 10, 2009
<<Richardson Meets Dalai Lama - China accuses Tibet's exiled spiritual leader of seeking independence from Beijing and objects whenever he meets a foreign leader>> But Obama refuses to meet with him til after he (Obama) meets Chinese leaders - for fear of offending them. His most disappointing move so far, to me.
Judge Roy Bean

Bolingbrook, IL

#2 Oct 10, 2009
Having had an opportunity to listen to HH Dalai Lama's 3 day teaching and shaking his hand , I can only imagine the discomfort he probably had meeting such a dark and crooked man as $Bill.
What is wrong

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Oct 10, 2009
Jim Terr wrote:
<<Richardson Meets Dalai Lama - China accuses Tibet's exiled spiritual leader of seeking independence from Beijing and objects whenever he meets a foreign leader>> But Obama refuses to meet with him til after he (Obama) meets Chinese leaders - for fear of offending them. His most disappointing move so far, to me.
with this picture? Why is Governor Richardson showing up in Tibet's social justice issues when Governor Richardson has more serious social justice issues in his homeland called New Mexico. For example, the DWI, domestic violence, substance abuse, crime infestation, gangs, the entire family structure broken, and so on, has really never been a priority for him in the first place to deal with on a local level, period! He really has no solutions on how to protect and defend his own people in New Mexico because it really is not his "saving grace" thing to do. Certainly, he has appointed individuals as CZARS to deal with those type of public concerns, but in reality, the krap still is killing our families left and right no matter where it happens in New Mexico, but where is Richarson? If Richardson really gave a chit about what is happening in New Mexico from the ground up, it would be a different story to tell. But no, he is to busy traveling around the country saving the world's problems but not his own backyard. I am glad he is getting ready to leave New Mexico and live somewhere else. He is no different than Gary Johnson - like a ghost. Ghosts come and go freely on this earth without any accountablity. Clueless driven and nothing to show.
I wonder

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Oct 10, 2009
why the city and county are not targeting the DWI people with providing treatment programs and services at the jail while locked up? The only thing I keep hearing about the DWI issues is that they get arrested and placed in jail, then, they are free again after posting bail to drink, drive, and then, injured or kill someone. I think its too late for prevention methods to take place. Nothing will change until the political will and the judges push more funding for treatment services for these alcholics and thier co-dependent families. Otherwise, outlaw the liquor industry in your neighborhoods and place the liquor bottle under martial law. That is the only way we will stop the DWI issue period!
Rest assured

AOL

#5 Oct 10, 2009
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Having had an opportunity to listen to HH Dalai Lama's 3 day teaching and shaking his hand , I can only imagine the discomfort he probably had meeting such a dark and crooked man as $Bill.
the Dalai Lama doesn't perceive people the way you do. Having been in his presence, you should know that.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Fe

#6 Oct 10, 2009
http://www.spiritofthebadge.com/
60 True Police Stories of Divine Guidance, Miracles, and Intuition | Spirit of the Badge | Ingrid P. Dean

http://www.amazon.com/Spirit-Badge-Guidance-M...
Honestly

Birds Landing, CA

#7 Oct 10, 2009
"Man arraigned on DWI charge after trying to flee"

Let's take a random sample such as this one and wait for the final disposition. This microcosm should tell us everything we need to know about how the system is functioning - right, wrong or indifferent. No celebrity status, no injury, but certainly a bad actor as evidenced by hit flight to avoid justice.
Prior history as an aggravating factor will be determined based on when his previous incidents occurred as recent penalty enhancements are not retroactively applied.

He certainly does not have any regard for the law:

"drunken driving, driving on a suspended or revoked license, failing to report hitting a parked vehicle, reckless driving, no proof of insurance and expired registration plate"

but certainly is not unique in this regard.

Santa Fe

#8 Oct 10, 2009
Jim Terr wrote:
I`d say Obama`s most disappointing move, is not bring the troops home. While bowing before the shadow Government called the Military Industrial Complex. If he would of fulfilled that promise, the shadow Government would of done to him what they did to Kennedy. I guess the puppet masters play the tune, in the court of the crimson king.
chatterbox87501

United States

#9 Oct 10, 2009
It's been awhile since I agreed with you, but you are right on here.

The MIC is greater than the government we think we elected.

That's why Obama hasn't cashed in on his mandate to bring the troops home.

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Oct 10, 2009
"If he would of fulfilled that promise," What promise? He said it would be 16 months to bring the combat troop out of Iraq and that Afghanistan would need mote attention.

I too am disappointed that President Obama has not been more aggressive in bringing the troops home, he never indicated he would move rashly. If fact he took great pains to indicate it would take time. I don't like it but those are the facts.

And Old Man McCain would have bombed Iran by now and we'd have the whole damn world in a conflagration.$10 a gallon gas, and triple the unemployment.
Epic

United States

#11 Oct 10, 2009
PlacitasRoy wrote:
"If he would of fulfilled that promise," What promise? He said it would be 16 months to bring the combat troop out of Iraq and that Afghanistan would need mote attention.
I too am disappointed that President Obama has not been more aggressive in bringing the troops home, he never indicated he would move rashly. If fact he took great pains to indicate it would take time. I don't like it but those are the facts.
And Old Man McCain would have bombed Iran by now and we'd have the whole damn world in a conflagration.$10 a gallon gas, and triple the unemployment.
Roy,

Aren't you just about Senator McCain's age?

How do you make these predictions? Oh, that is right, you excrete them from your nether regions.

Roy spouts forth at both ends, same product.

Call 'em like I see 'em.

Since: Jul 09

Kihei, HI

#12 Oct 10, 2009
PlacitasRoy wrote:
Old Man McCain would be dead by now from chasing Sarah around the Oval Office.

Kihei, HI

#13 Oct 10, 2009
Epic wrote:
<quoted text>
Roy,
Aren't you just about Senator McCain's age?
How do you make these predictions? Oh, that is right, you excrete them from your nether regions.
Roy spouts forth at both ends, same product.
Call 'em like I see 'em.
Do you wear 3-D glasses too?
Epic

United States

#14 Oct 10, 2009
Zorkon -

I need a reliable butler for my villa in Maui.

I also need regular deliveries of Kona coffee, Kobe beef, pineapples, surf babes, and Maui wowee. Responsibilities would include keeping the fine black sand out of the pool, and jacuzzi.

Can you fulfill, or is this more than you wish to take on, since you are almost McCain's & Roy's age?

Kihei, HI

#15 Oct 10, 2009
Epic wrote:
Zorkon -
I also need regular deliveries of Kona coffee, Kobe beef, pineapples, surf babes, and Maui wowee. Responsibilities would include keeping the fine black sand out of the pool, and jacuzzi.
Can you fulfill, or is this more than you wish to take on, since you are almost McCain's & Roy's age?
You overlooked one of the deliveries you need. I'd take on the job, but wouldn't want to rob the cradle.(or make deposits therein as I'd quickly lose interest)
Honestly

Birds Landing, CA

#16 Oct 10, 2009
I wonder wrote:
why the city and county are not targeting the DWI people with providing treatment programs and services at the jail while locked up? The only thing I keep hearing about the DWI issues is that they get arrested and placed in jail, then, they are free again after posting bail to drink, drive, and then, injured or kill someone. I think its too late for prevention methods to take place. Nothing will change until the political will and the judges push more funding for treatment services for these alcholics and thier co-dependent families. Otherwise, outlaw the liquor industry in your neighborhoods and place the liquor bottle under martial law. That is the only way we will stop the DWI issue period!
The onus for rehabilitation is on the offender. In the course of probation resources are offered. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. You'd think that responsibility to the offenders' own family members would be enough to set them on the straight and narrow. If they can't do that, who is going to force the impetus to change upon them. Maybe you can get involved and let us know your findings in a year or so.

Kihei, HI

#17 Oct 10, 2009
Epic:

"1) Your top general in Afghanistan needs 80,000 more troops, and trainers; be wise and send them."

If you were the general you'd need 80,000 more troops too, but it would be wiser if you had some trainers first.

But even then you wouldn't be satified would you?
Cynic

Santa Fe, NM

#18 Oct 10, 2009
Epic wrote:
Zorkon -
Jeeze, and here I was thinking that your budget was already overtaxed with your skoal and slim jim habit.
Epic

United States

#20 Oct 10, 2009
Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeeze, and here I was thinking that your budget was already overtaxed with your skoal and slim jim habit.
Sorry honey, but I don't use tobacco products or eat processed foods.

I think you have me mistaken for your cousin/brother/uncle.....

Kihei, HI

#21 Oct 10, 2009
Epic wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides the surfbabes, I need regular deliveries of bluefin tuna -sashimi style.
While I am flattered by your devices, it would not be appropriate to fraternize with the help. It is hard, but that is the burden of leadership. One attracts the girls & the desperate boys, too.
We always need more troops at the front, god bless 'em.
Who is we? Are you not alone? Your tuna getting fishy? What devices? What is hard? You attract girls and desperate boy do you, and there's no satifying them is there?

Maybe you should start tapping your foot, in an airport, this will get some kind of action. Works for other republicans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peralta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Starbucks in Los Lunas "Warning about a Golddig... (Jan '17) Mon Michael B 12
News Piedra gets 5 1/2 years (Mar '11) Oct 27 PullDaCovers 45
News Los Lunas homes showing foundation problems (Jan '08) Sep '17 HRresident 197
Child molestor ALERT Aug '17 The more you know 1
News New Mexico Public Education Secretary Skandera ... Jul '17 oakie 13
Los Chavez Tweakers (Dec '16) Apr '17 chainz 2
News Breeder under fire for running 'puppy mill' (Jan '09) Apr '17 Debra Buckhorn 228

Peralta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peralta Mortgages