Bring your ideas today to heritage se...

Bring your ideas today to heritage session

There are 4 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from May 19, 2009, titled Bring your ideas today to heritage session. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Heritage is priceless. Yet like freedom, it comes with a tab: eternal vigilance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

eegreejus

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#1 May 19, 2009
And don't start fighting about whose cultural heritage is better/older/more important. Don't leave out the Tlascalans and other Mexican Indians who built damn near everything in el norte either...Oh, hello, I forgot, it's Santa Fe, the city different...Les(snicker)
estevan Arellano

Lovington, NM

#3 May 20, 2009
The only way the heritage area is going to work is for the community to stop being so devisive, as in "Spanish" versus "Indian," when in reality we are all mestizos in blood, agricultural techniques and foods. There is no such thing as a pure "Indian," or "Spanish" after 400 years of mixing. I agree that the Tlaxcaltecas need more credit for they were the ones who constructed the acequias and its landscape.
Judge Roy Bean

Bloomington, IN

#4 May 20, 2009
C'mon...Seriously?

That would be like saying the Cajuns of the Bayous of Louisiana are Mestizos since the Seminoles were there first.

This will degenerate into this type of argument and further divide an already racist and divided community further. This will be about first/older/better soon enough. It always is.
eegreejus

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#5 May 22, 2009
Les is a Dork wrote:
That's it.
Yeah, I am. But it's still true...Les(anatriscoheir)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peralta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Los Chavez Tweakers Dec 3 Bobby 1
Review: Great Clips LL (Dec '12) Dec 3 Gom 3
News Woman scolded for using cellphone to catch offi... Sep '16 Carol 5
News Gov. Martinez details fight for Facebook data c... Sep '16 Helen W 1
News Facebook chooses New Mexico for new data center... Sep '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News University of New Mexico hosting Route 66 exhib... Sep '16 Dennis A 6
Sheriff is Dirty handed in Valencia County (Apr '09) Sep '16 TRACI lopez 105

Peralta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peralta Mortgages