Film and Media Day to showcase mega casting call

Casting directors in the New Mexico film industry will hold a meet-and-greet at the Film and Media Day in Santa Fe on the corner of Paseo de Peralta and Old Santa Fe Trail from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday. Full Story

Since: Mar 10

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Feb 11, 2011
This is 'nice' but why do individuals who want to be in film and/or television have to go all the way to Santa Fe? Couldn't a 'meet-and-greet' be held in the southern part of the state at sometime...OR....do we continue to perpetuate the idea that New Mexico really ends at an imaginary line drawn south of Belen, NM or if you are generous, south of Socorro, NM ? Also, having such an invent such as this in the middle of the work week from 10:00-4:00 will preclude alot of people from attending. Lastly, please do tell me it is because of the legislature.
Glaffer

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Feb 15, 2011
Ruckus10 wrote:
This is 'nice' but why do individuals who want to be in film and/or television have to go all the way to Santa Fe? Couldn't a 'meet-and-greet' be held in the southern part of the state at sometime...OR....do we continue to perpetuate the idea that New Mexico really ends at an imaginary line drawn south of Belen, NM or if you are generous, south of Socorro, NM ? Also, having such an invent such as this in the middle of the work week from 10:00-4:00 will preclude alot of people from attending. Lastly, please do tell me it is because of the legislature.
The industry will require those selected to drop everything to make the film happen, the distance traveled should be an indicator to those hiring of the dedication that can be expected from the potential employee. Anyone whose life dream is to be in the film industry will move to be near hubs of active creators in the industry. If you ran the show instead of them, you would make the same call for budgetary concerns. It is a sacrifice to give up some security to pursue a dream that may not come true and has no guarantees. This announcement is just now in out little newspaper, but devoted industry want-to-bes keep up with goings-ons with memberships and newsletters so they can make it to as many open calls as they can. If you want it, you need to be proactive. If you make it there Wednesday, don't waste your time lamenting the lack of connection by the industry to the southern part of the state. Dreams only come here to die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peralta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Main Street Muscle & Fitness Center (Apr '14) Oct 6 Mark Johnson 9
Los Lunas homes showing foundation problems (Jan '08) Oct 4 jra709 183
NM utility works on 3 new solar power centers Sep '14 Solarman 9
250 manufacturing jobs coming to Los Lunas Aug '14 John Ingram 1
missing girl (Jan '12) Aug '14 sidali guerine 3
Parking and Bus Information for Indian Market Fans (Aug '12) Aug '12 Best 1
[NM] Sheriff's Sgt. Chris LaBate arrested after... (Feb '11) Mar '12 u are still a loser 12
Peralta Dating
Find my Match

Peralta Jobs

Peralta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Peralta News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Peralta

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]