Resident told to restore stream

Resident told to restore stream

There are 17 comments on the Nashoba Publishing story from Dec 3, 2010, titled Resident told to restore stream. In it, Nashoba Publishing reports that:

"I think we need to file an enforcement order," said Commissioner Patricia Rice at this week's Conservation Commission meeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nashoba Publishing.

out of control

Pepperell, MA

#1 Dec 14, 2010
These people are just plain mean - and stupid! The Prescott Street man knows more about conservation than the entire commission combined but failed to kiss their butts.
in control

Pepperell, MA

#2 Dec 14, 2010
I agree that the Prescott Street man probably knows a great deal about conservation as I believe he was an assistant building inspector. He therefore should have know that what he was doing was regulated. No ass kissing, he just plain thought he was better than the rest of us and above the perview of the current local officials who are charged with enforcing the rules. It is encouraging to know there is enforcement which is fair to all.

Since: Aug 09

Townsend, MA

#3 Dec 14, 2010
If the Prescott Street man was so knowledgeable about conservation, he wouldn't have thought filling in a stream was a good idea. People do this kind of thing all the time - think they can do whatever they want regardless of regulations. Good for the Commission for enforcing it.
out of control

Pepperell, MA

#4 Dec 14, 2010
J Gabrilska wrote:
If the Prescott Street man was so knowledgeable about conservation, he wouldn't have thought filling in a stream was a good idea. People do this kind of thing all the time - think they can do whatever they want regardless of regulations. Good for the Commission for enforcing it.
"J Gabrilska" probably means well (due to the poorly written article) but doesn't have a clue. Idea - if you want an example of someone thinking they "can do whatever they want regardless of regulations", just go further down the street where someone else also dredged his pond. Maybe the control freaks looked the other way for the same reason our selectmen let this "businessman" stiff the town on his taxes? Talk about "in your face".
out of control

Pepperell, MA

#5 Dec 14, 2010
in control wrote:
I agree that the Prescott Street man probably knows a great deal about conservation as I believe he was an assistant building inspector. He therefore should have know that what he was doing was regulated. No **** kissing, he just plain thought he was better than the rest of us and above the perview of the current local officials who are charged with enforcing the rules. It is encouraging to know there is enforcement which is fair to all.

"It is encouraging to know there is enforcement which is fair to all." ? That's a good one. How disengenuous. No mention of the fact the man is a farmer and his property is a farm. You really get your jollies out of being "in control".

Townsend, MA

#6 Dec 15, 2010
out of control wrote:
<quoted text> "J Gabrilska" probably means well (due to the poorly written article) but doesn't have a clue. Idea - if you want an example of someone thinking they "can do whatever they want regardless of regulations", just go further down the street where someone else also dredged his pond. Maybe the control freaks looked the other way for the same reason our selectmen let this "businessman" stiff the town on his taxes? Talk about "in your face".
I have all the clues (who is Townsend's Conservation Commission agent? Look that up & then try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.) It's irrelevant if someone else is doing something wrong; it doesn't make it okay for you to do it, too (example: if everyone on the road is speeding, but you're the one who gets pulled over, "but everyone else was speeding, too!" isn't a valid excuse to not have to pay a ticket - you're just the lucky one who got caught.) While I agree that politics absolutely come into play when it comes to enforcing certain things, the point is that they SHOULD NOT. So, yes, the person up the road who dredged the pond should also be fined - why don't you go ahead & bring it to the town's attention? The rare, one in ten occurrence of environmental regulation enforcement should be applauded, not attacked.

& whether or not this occurred on a farm is just as irrelevant - it's not exempt from following regulations.
excuuuuuuuse me

Pepperell, MA

#7 Dec 15, 2010
J Gabrilska wrote:
<quoted text>
I have all the clues (who is Townsend's Conservation Commission agent? Look that up & then try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.) While I agree that politics absolutely come into play when it comes to enforcing certain things.... The rare, one in ten occurrence of environmental regulation enforcement should be applauded, not attacked....
Okay, okay why didn't you first tell us that you were BJ Gabrilska with a Masters in Message Therapy from Fitchburg State Teachers College and Global Warming Institute? That explains everything. You really don't have a clue do you? One in ten occurrences (chuckle).
Bozo

Pepperell, MA

#8 Dec 15, 2010
J Gabrilska wrote:
<quoted text>
I have all the clues (who is Townsend's Conservation Commission agent? Look that up & then try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.) It's irrelevant if someone else is doing something wrong; it doesn't make it okay for you to do it, too (example: if everyone on the road is speeding, but you're the one who gets pulled over, "but everyone else was speeding, too!" isn't a valid excuse to not have to pay a ticket - you're just the lucky one who got caught.) While I agree that politics absolutely come into play when it comes to enforcing certain things, the point is that they SHOULD NOT. So, yes, the person up the road who dredged the pond should also be fined - why don't you go ahead & bring it to the town's attention? The rare, one in ten occurrence of environmental regulation enforcement should be applauded, not attacked.
& whether or not this occurred on a farm is just as irrelevant - it's not exempt from following regulations.
Maybe you should look at the property prior to making rash statements? Better yet, stop in and chat with Mr. West - you'd likely have a much different take on things. There is a crime taking place but it's not by Mr. West.
Farm Boy

Brookline, NH

#9 Dec 15, 2010
Farmers always used to dig out there brooks
and ponds, no harm done. Hadley estates was
mostly built on wetlands.

"We support farmer KEN
Inspector ClueStow

Pepperell, MA

#10 Dec 15, 2010
J Gabrilska wrote:
<quoted text>
I have all the clues (who is Townsend's Conservation Commission agent? Look that up & then try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.)
We looked it up and you still don't know what you're talking about. Where does Pepperell and Townsend find these people? Must be a convention for buffoons at the Peter Fitz?
the law

Groton, MA

#11 Dec 15, 2010
J Gabrilska wrote:
<quoted text>I have all the clues (who is Townsend's Conservation Commission agent? Look that up & then try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.) It's irrelevant if someone else is doing something wrong; it doesn't make it okay for you to do it, too (example: if everyone on the road is speeding, but you're the one who gets pulled over, "but everyone else was speeding, too!" isn't a valid excuse to not have to pay a ticket - you're just the lucky one who got caught.) While I agree that politics absolutely come into play when it comes to enforcing certain things, the point is that they SHOULD NOT. So, yes, the person up the road who dredged the pond should also be fined - why don't you go ahead & bring it to the town's attention? The rare, one in ten occurrence of environmental regulation enforcement should be applauded, not attacked.

Farms are exempt from a lot of regs. Look up Mass gen laws before assuming. No farms no food.
Concerned

Pepperell, MA

#12 Dec 17, 2010
I agree Bozo. Drive by or stop and take a look at the great job Mr West did with the stream. He should be commended not fined.
Evil Eye

Rockville, MD

#13 Dec 17, 2010
Dang it, too bad the Nashoba BOH wasn't called. The experts over there just drive by in their cars. If they can't see it from the street it's not there.

Leave this guy alone and go back to shaking down some other stooges.

Townsend, MA

#14 Dec 18, 2010
If a farm has not been a working, agriculture-producing operation in the last five years, then no, he CAN'T fill it in. & last time I checked, having a couple of ponies & riding around on a lawn mower doesn't equate to "working" or "agriculture-producing. " It's not a farm.

It's village idoits like you who think you know every letter of the law that make the ConsCom's job so difficult. You think these people don't know the ins & outs of the laws they're enforcing? You think that they're going to go over there & say, "oh we're sorry, you may be breaking the law, but the anonymous people on the internet were totally saying it's okay!" Haha, no.
self annoited

Pepperell, MA

#15 Dec 18, 2010
J Gabrilska wrote:
If a farm has not been a working, agriculture-producing operation in the last five years, then no, he CAN'T fill it in. & last time I checked, having a couple of ponies & riding around on a lawn mower doesn't equate to "working" or "agriculture-producing. " It's not a farm.
It's village idoits like you who think you know every letter of the law that make the ConsCom's job so difficult. You think these people don't know the ins & outs of the laws they're enforcing? You think that they're going to go over there & say, "oh we're sorry, you may be breaking the law, but the anonymous people on the internet were totally saying it's okay!" Haha, no.
"last time I checked, having a couple of ponies & riding around on a lawn mower doesn't equate to "working" or "agriculture-producing. " It's not a farm." Yeah! Take that Mr. Ken West! All that produce you provide to needy people in town doesn't count. You're not a farm (haha). And nobody cares if your property is a defacto bird sanctuary and that you're almost on a first name basis with the blue herons you've nurtured. We the elite can make you do whatever we please. Haha
village idiot

Pepperell, MA

#16 Dec 19, 2010
the law wrote:
<quoted text>
Farms are exempt from a lot of regs. Look up Mass gen laws before assuming. No farms no food.
We don't have to look it up. J Gabrilska knows everything. Just ask her. Unreal. This is what we get from "government".
Ombudsman

Waltham, MA

#17 Dec 20, 2010
J Gabrilska wrote:
last time I checked, having a couple of ponies & riding around on a lawn mower doesn't equate to "working" or "agriculture-producing. " It's not a farm.
You must be smarter than a lot of people, because the deed says it's a farm and the assessor's office says it is a farm, and the company that insures it says it is a farm. There is a barn, a hay field, and full size tractors there. And those are not ponies in the pasture, there, Dr Doolittle.
There is also a manure pile but not spread as thick as the manure pile J Gabrilska is spreading in here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pepperell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Frustration ignites tempers, assault charges re... (Oct '08) Oct 8 Peppone 4
News Ayer man remains held without bail in domestic-... Sep '17 Darn Tootin 5
News Townsend officer resigns amid probe into citize... (Jan '17) Sep '17 Sam 5
News Tempers flare as Shirley police officer fired (Nov '16) Aug '17 Len 66
News Ayer arrests (Aug '09) Aug '17 Nick 5
Beatles For Sale tribute band returns to Shirley Aug '17 Beatleman 1
News Serving life for Ayer murder, ex-Green Beret su... (Jan '09) Jul '17 QBob 125

Pepperell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pepperell Mortgages