Signs are out there: Housing market poised for return

Full story: Lowell Sun 7
John Blanchard's neighbor on Lowell Road just finished his basement, and that's not sitting well. Full Story
Mink

Newburyport, MA

#1 Jul 5, 2009
Real estate people always say markets are brisk, even now when we're in a depression.
I would never buy around here, especially because of never-ending tax increases.

Since: Jun 09

West Roxbury, MA

#2 Jul 5, 2009
Total BS. The market is in steep decline and getting worse. There will not be a bottom until all the sub-prime mortgages reset, which will be around 2012. Then it will be a very LONG road back, particularly if the banks keep denying mortgages to qualified buyers like they do now.

Only a fool would buy a home now. Values will decline at least another 30 - 40% before the bottom.
Ugly Beauty

Lowell, MA

#3 Jul 5, 2009
The Northeast Association of Realtors and the National Association of Realtors has been saying we poised to come out of decline for the last 4 years. I don't think we're in for another 30-40% decline, but we are approaching the historical multiplier of one's salary which was a typical measure of affordability.
morelondonaire

Silverado, CA

#4 Jul 5, 2009
The debt will fall on current home owners for their is no one else responsible left. This will have a impact on the hemet homeowners. These are trouble times and punished the responsible home owners with higher taxes and water cost could possible faulter the current residents. As you already know this is a bed community.. their only 13,000 homes in hemet and already half or more have forclosed. Theirs no real job company here to hire and keep money in the valley. Please consider diffrent alturnitives.
Stating the Obvious

Lowell, MA

#5 Mar 6, 2011
Sad/funny, only now approaching the real bottom. But even that might drop is what some is true about a decline later this year.
Billy

Middletown, NY

#6 Mar 9, 2011
This country is in real trouble.

Since: Mar 11

Madison, ME

#7 Mar 11, 2011
Some Real estate investors said that Real estate market is now turning up in sale. More profits goes in renting market.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pepperell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marlborough police log, Dec. 19 edition 7 hr Hello 1
Singer/guitarist Dan Kirouac returns LIVE to To... Nov 26 New England Music... 1
Museum audience awed by Bulge tale Nov '14 RighteousRobert 1
Two men charged in hit-and-run at Ayer bar (Mar '09) Nov '14 Zanybrain01 178
Our picks for local Senate, House races Nov '14 Lynchie 3
Religious Organizations Mobilizing on Climate C... (Nov '13) Nov '14 Soory 4 Your luck 4
Serving life for Ayer murder, ex-Green Beret su... (Jan '09) Oct '14 ANGLETURNER 109

Pepperell News Video

Pepperell Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pepperell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pepperell News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pepperell

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:08 pm PST