Pepperell businessman seeks to pay ba...

Pepperell businessman seeks to pay back $13G

There are 12 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jan 4, 2011, titled Pepperell businessman seeks to pay back $13G. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Selectmen failed to reach a decision last night on whether to approve a proposal from a local businessman looking to catch up on $13,000 in back taxes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

John

Cornell, IL

#1 Jan 4, 2011
Sergi doesn't get it.. Gavin wants to make good -- he doesn't have the whole thing.. get a grip Sergi.. you are such a mule..
col prescott

Brookline, NH

#2 Jan 4, 2011
Where was mr. green??
I like joe, but he looks like a pompous
ass on this one. Give the man a chance,
to make good on his taxes.
Looking from joes view

Groton, MA

#3 Jan 4, 2011
What message does this send to all the other business. You do for one you have to do for all.
Make the penalty stiff then it's ok.
super Joe

Pepperell, MA

#4 Jan 4, 2011
What does Joe Sergi do in his spare time when he's not flogging people like Mr. Gavin? Why he's probably up at Doc's sharing an ice cream soda, with two very short straws, with the owner of Doc's. What's up with that?
signed off

Brownfield, ME

#5 Jan 5, 2011
Sergi is a jerk!...Gavin has been a Pepperell business man for 30 plus years...Gavin could walk and the town would get zero!...$500 a month sounds fair to me...
Tom

Boston, MA

#6 Jan 5, 2011
The guy has been around forever and always has done things for the people in town. He sponsored local youth teams and I remember at either Christmas or Thanksgiving he would sell gas for a super low price to thank his customers.

He falls on hard times, gets sick and owes taxes. So he wants to pay it back at what I feel is a fair payment plan and you counter with something crazy.

Good job supporting him and starting to get the money. I guess he could just fold the business and file for bankruptcy and open under a new name. Good job BOS.

Maybe if you got off these other crazy plans you have for the Mill and now your own school district (which from what I hear will cost much more!) you would be able to get a pulse on the people and businesses in the community and actually work on solutions instead of these strong arm tactics and pipe dreams.

And where was Mike Green the new selectman on this? Was he there? I don't see any quotes from him but if I remember correct, part of his platform was helping the local business owners. I would be curious to know where he stood on this. Anyone know?
Seriously

United States

#7 Jan 5, 2011
Why doesn't everyone just default on there taxes and then beg for forgiveness when people come calling....seems like the things are lately anyway.
super Joe

Pepperell, MA

#8 Jan 5, 2011
Tom wrote:
Good job supporting him and starting to get the money. I guess he could just fold the business and file for bankruptcy and open under a new name. Good job BOS.
Maybe if you got off these other crazy plans you have for the Mill and now your own school district (which from what I hear will cost much more!) you would be able to get a pulse on the people and businesses in the community and actually work on solutions instead of these strong arm tactics and pipe dreams.
And where was Mike Green the new selectman on this? Was he there? I don't see any quotes from him but if I remember correct, part of his platform was helping the local business owners. I would be curious to know where he stood on this. Anyone know?
and where do they stand on the Doc Davis' real estate empire unpaid taxes? Mr Gavin is chump change in comparison.
LM DONALD

United States

#9 Jan 5, 2011
Seriously wrote:
Why doesn't everyone just default on there taxes and then beg for forgiveness when people come calling....seems like the things are lately anyway.
I think when someone has a massive stroke that robs them of their ability to function- YES they do deserve to have a second change. This is not a case of not feeling like paying.
John

Harrisville, NH

#10 Jan 5, 2011
Oh Mr. Graves needs to get his pocket book out & pay the taxes.. or maybe Bill should sell one of his homes on Nantucket to make good to the town.. what a joke.. owes 53k in taxes.. get with the program bill..
good point

Pepperell, MA

#11 Jan 5, 2011
John wrote:
Oh Mr. Graves needs to get his pocket book out & pay the taxes.. or maybe Bill should sell one of his homes on Nantucket to make good to the town.. what a joke.. owes 53k in taxes.. get with the program bill..
Good point! But you're new here, aren't you? You see Joe and the BOS would rather pick on Mr. Gavin than risk facing one of Bill's tantrums. Besides, Bill is probably busy dreging one of his ponds. Yes, "what a joke".
John

United States

#12 Jan 6, 2011
good point wrote:
<quoted text> Good point! But you're new here, aren't you? You see Joe and the BOS would rather pick on Mr. Gavin than risk facing one of Bill's tantrums. Besides, Bill is probably busy dreging one of his ponds. Yes, "what a joke".
Yes - new to this discussion - but I was once a resident of Pepperell -- for many many years & know Bill personally. His tantrums are legendary & he should be ashamed of himself on this one..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pepperell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Briefs (May '08) Mar 23 Harry Bummer 93
News Clark gets (Dec '10) Jan '18 Me again 43
News Fitchburg prostitution sting nets five arrests (Oct '13) Dec '17 Notsodumb 86
News Friends say ex-Shirley town administrator consu... (Jun '10) Nov '17 Inquiry 63
News Pepperell man, wheelchair-bound father face rap... (Oct '09) Nov '17 Knowledge 256
News Frustration ignites tempers, assault charges re... (Oct '08) Oct '17 Peppone 4
News Ayer man remains held without bail in domestic-... (Jul '17) Sep '17 Darn Tootin 5

Pepperell Jobs

Personal Finance

Pepperell Mortgages