Pepperell man off to jail for rape

Pepperell man off to jail for rape

There are 17 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Dec 22, 2010, titled Pepperell man off to jail for rape. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

A 32-year-old local man, convicted in 1999 in Kentucky for killing his mother, has been sentenced to seven years in a Massachusetts prison after being convicted of raping a woman in Pepperell.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

signed off

Brownfield, ME

#1 Dec 22, 2010
I feel so safe that Mass. has so many liberal judges concerned about the well being of the criminals...This sentencing was a farce!
Johnny Utah

Derry, NH

#2 Dec 22, 2010
Seams like a class act who should not see day light for quiet sometime. Our judicial system is a joke. That judge is a joke!
Linda

AOL

#3 Dec 22, 2010
He should get life without any chance of parole, he already killed his own mother and now has committed a horrendous sex crime, what will it take to put him away for life?
I swear these liberal judges should all be disbarred.
ndzzz

Wilton, CT

#4 Dec 22, 2010
And what is the father getting? Since he "violated" the victim too? Neither of these animals should be allowed to see the light of day.
Gator

Allston, MA

#5 Dec 22, 2010
so, the scumbag gets out of jail early by claiming his father "abused" him, then they both move east together to take turns raping a woman?

The son shouldn't see the light of day again.
Interesting

Weston, MA

#6 Dec 22, 2010
Are you people serious, the problem is the law and not the judge. The law allows for a certain time, if you want to complain make it about the law and not the judge.

We could provide this lad some vaseline, because he will need it in the big house ouch...
Townie

Upton, MA

#7 Dec 22, 2010
"successfully employing a loophole in the law that allows early parole for victims of domestic assault"?

The author of this story really needs to get a clue. How does a judge applying the law of a state constitute "employing a loophole"? If that is the case, by following that form of twisted logic, I guess anytime any judge applies the law to a case, it means that a loophole is being employed.

Either that or if the story doesn't sound juicy enough, you have to spice it up by making up things. Good journalism. Top notch reporting. We can expect nothing less from this stellar rag of a newspaper - now on par with the Herald.
Dry Taxpayer

Dedham, MA

#8 Dec 22, 2010
Um, Townie? The article said that the perp employed the loophole, not the judge.

But in any event, the scumbag should serve ALL of his time here and then be sent back to Kentucky to finish his B.S. sentence, there, too.

As for the father, well, obviously, they amputated the wrong leg.
latinlady

United States

#9 Dec 22, 2010
both father and son should be put in the same jail cell as bubba they can take turns raping each other scums
JIm

Fitchburg, MA

#10 Dec 22, 2010
There are too many Legislators that are lawyers, they pass laws with deliberate loop holes so that when they get out of office, they have loop holes to free their clients.

Its been this way for decades, and we still keep electing lawyers
How Dare You

Lowell, MA

#11 Dec 22, 2010
So, to all those who oppesed. Is this guilty enough for you?
richie

Sandown, NH

#12 Dec 22, 2010
The "loophole" was used in Kentucky. The Mass. judge could have sentenced him to at least 12 - 13 years in prison as that's what the prosecutor asked for. The judge, in his infinite wisdom, chose to sentence him to 7 to 9 1/2 years instead. So the conclusion that this was a liberal judge is correct!
Love to

Bedford, MA

#13 Dec 22, 2010
Beat the *&%@ out of these losers. I hope they stick the old mans fake leg up his @$$.
left field

United States

#14 Dec 23, 2010
Nope-
How Dare You wrote:
So, to all those who oppesed. Is this guilty enough for you?
lucky

Westminster, MA

#15 Dec 23, 2010
f***ing loser........he will do it again if he is not locked up with all the LOSERS
Karma Queen

Dracut, MA

#16 Dec 23, 2010
Someone explain to me the difference between this case and the case of the Tyngsboro women whose case went to court in November - Rape is RAPE!!
How Dare You

Lowell, MA

#17 Jan 10, 2011
Well then left field you must of been one of those Kool Aid drinkers on the left side of the court.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pepperell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tempers flare as Shirley police officer fired (Nov '16) Tue Len 66
News Ayer arrests (Aug '09) Aug 17 Nick 5
Beatles For Sale tribute band returns to Shirley Aug 4 Beatleman 1
News Serving life for Ayer murder, ex-Green Beret su... (Jan '09) Jul '17 QBob 125
News Convict sues Ayer police (Jun '08) Jul '17 Disappointed 50
News Ayer man remains held without bail in domestic-... Jul '17 Fake News 1
News Church bids farewell to the Rev. Denham (Aug '10) May '17 MLPaige 2

Pepperell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pepperell Mortgages