President will visit Seed Savers Monday

Aug 12, 2011 Full story: Decorah Journal 13

President Barack Obama is scheduled to make a stop at Seed Savers in Decorah some time Monday, according to Seed Savers Executive Director John Torgrimson.

Full Story
Karen Lawrence

United States

#1 Aug 13, 2011
I think its unfortunate that we can't at least see our President on a rare trip to Northeast Ia without being a member of a private organization.
I welcome Mr. Obama and wish him an enjoyable trip.
Bonny

United States

#2 Aug 14, 2011
There is a lot of money at Seed Savers. The Lillian Goldman Trust owns the place & Kent Whealy was playing with sharks when he came under their demise & was ousted from an organization he personally started & cared about. Money talks!!!!
ellie2010

Rome, GA

#3 Aug 14, 2011
He is hiding it he doesn't wan't the disabilities and veteren's to have it cause he is prejudice to.
WhYseedSavers

Orlando, FL

#4 Aug 14, 2011
Why is he having a town hall with Seed savers?
Who are they, REALLY and why them?
I find this an odd stop.
Did someone say it was private? then thats not a town hall.

Who runs Seed savers and whats the story behind them?
Bonny

United States

#5 Aug 14, 2011
Seed Savers is supposed to be a non-profit organization any how it started out that way. Kent Whealy applied for grand money over the years, they took in contributions, Mott's Applesauce helped them buy up the two valleys when they came up for sale & land surrounding it. You can call Seed Savers GREEN they fit the time. Big money is now running Seed Savers & this is a campaign trip. It is not about the average citizen it is about MONEY!!!

They could of used Luther College which would of been better suited. It is just nuts the whole thing.
Seed Savers is drity

Ash Flat, AR

#6 Aug 17, 2011
Shame on Seed Savers they are supposed to be a non profit that is supposed to protect and preserve seeds? Well Obama was against this you see he supported Banning Organic Farming & Regulating Home Gardening, HR 875 & S 425
The Most Outrageous Nanny Bills Proposed to Date!

So seed savers will lose my business and membership will be canceled!
johnny

Dallas, TX

#7 Aug 17, 2011
WhYseedSavers wrote:
Why is he having a town hall with Seed savers?
Who are they, REALLY and why them?
I find this an odd stop.
Did someone say it was private? then thats not a town hall.
Who runs Seed savers and whats the story behind them?
check all of his executive orders for rueal areas ooncerning ,farm land and controlling food crops for the united nations. THINK?
Genie Janie

Woodbridge, VA

#8 Aug 18, 2011
Yeah, he probably wants to take stock to see what else the government can control.
In bed with Obama

Ash Flat, AR

#9 Aug 18, 2011
Well it outrages me that Seed Savers is so dishonest and they hide under the umbrella of a nonprofit. I am a member and they dont care what I have to say even though it's true. I posted about this on the seed savers forum and the won't approve the post they are cowards and don't want there members to have the truth about them! If my post is not approved in the next 24 hours I will start a website to tell the members! I'm a expert in SEO so my website will be #2 within weeks right under there site.
I tried to post on the same thing about Obama and the Bills that he signed to stop people from having a home garden wile at the same time his wife was promoting gardens for kids how wicked!
Seed savers has gone to bed with big government and has dose not care about saving seeds. There are some good people that work there but the core is ran by a crook.
Genie Janie

Woodbridge, VA

#10 Aug 18, 2011
In bed with Obama wrote:
Well it outrages me that Seed Savers is so dishonest and they hide under the umbrella of a nonprofit. I am a member and they dont care what I have to say even though it's true. I posted about this on the seed savers forum and the won't approve the post they are cowards and don't want there members to have the truth about them! If my post is not approved in the next 24 hours I will start a website to tell the members! I'm a expert in SEO so my website will be #2 within weeks right under there site.
I tried to post on the same thing about Obama and the Bills that he signed to stop people from having a home garden wile at the same time his wife was promoting gardens for kids how wicked!
Seed savers has gone to bed with big government and has dose not care about saving seeds. There are some good people that work there but the core is ran by a crook.
Somehow, I don't think people have quite made the connection yet. Except for one small detail. I thought that this fooforah over a woman having a veggie garden in her front yard was couresy of an overzealous (putting it mildly) homeowner's association. Can you please post the information you speak of, it helps.
sara

Oceanside, CA

#11 Aug 18, 2011
first, i believe Seed Savers is indeed still a nonprofit organization.
second:
"Tickets were required to attend and were distributed by White House staff, according to Seed Savers Executive Director John Torgrimson. Seed Savers provided the White House with a list of members living within 60 miles of Seed Savers. Other tickets were offered to Luther College, city and county officials and some Seed Savers staff members, Torgrimson said."
from the Decorah newspaper
well

United States

#12 Aug 18, 2011
For those of you with partners, take some time out for the one you love. Have a nice meal together or enjoy a favourite recreational activity. For singles, this could be the day to meet that special someone or enjoy a blossoming relationship.
Sometimes constipation can turn quite serious and a person might have to take medical help to be able to remove feces from the body. There are several reasons for constipation; children might have constipation most of the times because of their diets, where as adult constipation may be due to a variety of reasons. Constipation in adults may be as side effects of medicines, hormonal changes or dietary.
Genie Janie

Woodbridge, VA

#13 Aug 22, 2011
Seed Savers is drity wrote:
Shame on Seed Savers they are supposed to be a non profit that is supposed to protect and preserve seeds? Well Obama was against this you see he supported Banning Organic Farming & Regulating Home Gardening, HR 875 & S 425
The Most Outrageous Nanny Bills Proposed to Date!
So seed savers will lose my business and membership will be canceled!
Of course! This jerkwad doesn't WANT anyone to have a way out of his fix. Big Daddy Obumba wants to be king so what he says goes.
He cares NOTHING for this country except what he can suck out of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peosta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sanders eyes 'political revolution' in Iowa Sep 15 Swedenforever 4
IA Who do you support for Governor in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 63
IA Iowa House primary ground zero for gay marriage... (Jun '10) Jun '14 slayer rules 411
Review: Splattering Ink Tattoo And Body Piercing (Nov '12) May '14 Abby 3
Dubuque, Iowa Officials Admit To Housing Discri... Apr '14 Shalimarr 4
79-year-old player joins Dubuque elementary band Apr '14 Paris Hilton 4
IA Who do you support for Treasurer in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Mar '14 daxton 9
Peosta Dating
Find my Match

Peosta Jobs

Peosta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Peosta News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Peosta

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]