Pekin council to discuss possible sale of West Campus Monday night

Nov 12, 2012 Full story: WEEK-TV 22

After sitting vacant for about 15 years and protests over demolition in the past year, a Pekin developer says he is interested in restoring Pekin High School's old West Campus.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SEB

Morton, IL

#1 Dec 4, 2012
I am so tired of hearing about West Campus. The building needs to be removed-period. It seems like Pekin is afraid to move forward and make this a better looking city. Randy Price is trying to get something for nothing and it needs to be stopped. The area would be a perfect spot for a nice park with walking paths and areas to sit and eat. I have seen an apartment complex being renovated by this same person and I am not real impressed by his work. It is time for Pekin to move forward, clean up the city and make it a model for other cities.
Mike

Peoria, IL

#2 Dec 5, 2012
Your an idiot. Randy Price is willing to put millions of dollars into this building not get something for free. Get a clue before you rant about something you know nothing about. Yeah a park.LMAO. Thats EXACTLY what we need considering Pekin Park is about three blocks away.LOL. The apartment complex he bought also looks amazing compared to what it was before. Like I said, get a clue moron.
SEB

Chicago, IL

#3 Dec 5, 2012
Keeping glass cubes for windows in an apartment?! Very intelligent I have to say. Pekin mindset is to not change anything, just "make it work". Why doesn't somebody step up and bring innovation and new technology to the area? Also if he wants it so bad then buy it, pay to remove the debris and get on with it.
Mike

Peoria, IL

#4 Dec 12, 2012
It's not an apartment building anymore, its office space for a business. The big sign in front, if you chose to read it, clearly states that it is a business not residential property. Also, why should he pay for someone elses mistakes? He will put millions into this building as well as into this community with the products and services he will need to complete the building. Mr. Huff(current owner) is looking to make whatever he can off the property. Bought it for next to nothing and trys selling it for a million?LMAO. Bring technology into the area?What the hell are you talking about? What does one individual have to do with the technology in Pekin?lol. People should upgrade their own things, not depend on people like Randy to do it for them
Elliot

United States

#5 Dec 13, 2012
Tear the damn eyesore down already and be done with it.
SEB

Morton, IL

#6 Dec 13, 2012
Elliot wrote:
Tear the damn eyesore down already and be done with it.
Exactly.
SEB

Morton, IL

#7 Dec 13, 2012
Ok, so an office building instead. That tells me he doesn't care about his employees being comfortable, enjoying the airflow, looking outside, etc... Beautiful. Anyway he wants the city of Pekin to sell him West Campus for one dollar? So he buys it for nothing and then later will want to sell it for how much? Bottom line is everybody wants to make money on what they sell, it's common sense. As far as bringing technology into the area what I am saying is since he knows so much about environmentally friendly fluids then why doesn't he put that knowledge to use on the buildings? Take a look at Portland, Oregon and maybe you can figure out what I am saying. Or google "green technology" and figure it out. Since the city council doesn't want to step up and begin encouraging businesses to be more efficient, more desirable to look at then a business owner who claims to be doing so good for the area should be the model to do so...
Mike

Pekin, IL

#8 Jan 2, 2013
lol. You are a joke. Who cares about looking outside at nothing while at work? Whats there? Cars going by? Wow thats a really productive thing for a worker to do is stare out a window. Who cares if he sells it for more?(Which he wont do). If he puts the money and effort into it and someone wants to buy it then good for him. THATS A BUSINESSMAN! A SUCCESSFUL ONE! People dont get success by giving shit away for free. You WORK for it, stupid. Your comment about him knowing so much about fluids and technology is ignorant. Hes not responsible for anything but his own, just like you. Do you put money into your city to fund technology? I highly doubt it. Just because the man has more money than you and is doing something good doesn't mean he should be responsible for people that sit on their ass.
SEB

Chicago, IL

#9 Jan 2, 2013
Mike wrote:
lol. You are a joke. Who cares about looking outside at nothing while at work? Whats there? Cars going by? Wow thats a really productive thing for a worker to do is stare out a window. Who cares if he sells it for more?(Which he wont do). If he puts the money and effort into it and someone wants to buy it then good for him. THATS A BUSINESSMAN! A SUCCESSFUL ONE! People dont get success by giving shit away for free. You WORK for it, stupid. Your comment about him knowing so much about fluids and technology is ignorant. Hes not responsible for anything but his own, just like you. Do you put money into your city to fund technology? I highly doubt it. Just because the man has more money than you and is doing something good doesn't mean he should be responsible for people that sit on their ass.
I see. I am also a very successful business owner, a general contractor to be specific with a masters degree in green technology. I just moved back to the area in hopes to help the city evolve, but with business owners only thinking about themselves that will never happen. Also Thank You for continuing to prove my point without any effort from myself.
Mike

Peoria, IL

#10 Jan 4, 2013
No problem. Mr. Prices job isnt to keep other businesses modern. Just because he bought a couple old buildings that have local history tied to them, and repaired them to avoid demolition doesn't mean that he is trying to revolutionize the city. If that's your business, then good, great, grand. Continue on with it. Dont tell people how they should run their business and lives just because you dont agree with it. If your comments were not so ignorant I probably would have been more polite. One, you badmouth someone you probably do not know(since you are new to the area), two your comments are just downright ignorant talking about how workers cant work unoless looking out a window. You have no clue how the business is ran so how can you determine how employees are treated?lol. Three, I am in the Computer Technology field and know enough about "green energy". It is up to the company if they want to put money into their technology. Nobody is going to go around and modernize everything without some sort of pay. Sorry, don't happen. You said it already, nobody works for free.
SEB

Chicago, IL

#11 Jan 4, 2013
Mike wrote:
No problem. Mr. Prices job isnt to keep other businesses modern. Just because he bought a couple old buildings that have local history tied to them, and repaired them to avoid demolition doesn't mean that he is trying to revolutionize the city. If that's your business, then good, great, grand. Continue on with it. Dont tell people how they should run their business and lives just because you dont agree with it. If your comments were not so ignorant I probably would have been more polite. One, you badmouth someone you probably do not know(since you are new to the area), two your comments are just downright ignorant talking about how workers cant work unoless looking out a window. You have no clue how the business is ran so how can you determine how employees are treated?lol. Three, I am in the Computer Technology field and know enough about "green energy". It is up to the company if they want to put money into th

eir technology. Nobody is going to go around and modernize everything without some sort of pay. Sorry, don't happen. You said it already, nobody works for free.
New to the area? Born and raised in Pekin, class of 89. Left for a while. I also have a degree in Computer Science as well. So? West campus is taking up a lot of space, time to go and move on.
Mike

Peoria, IL

#12 Jan 4, 2013
blah blah blah. Yep, you just moved back into the area. So in a way it is new since you haven't been here. Times and people change, common sense. Sorry your posts are so vauge that people have to guess what your talking about. Your as dumb as they come. Comparing degrees on a message board. For all I know, your a snot-nosed little kid running your mouth. Take your Master degree in Bullsh!t and go fuck yourself.

Done with your ignorance.
SEB

Chicago, IL

#13 Jan 4, 2013
Mike wrote:
blah blah blah. Yep, you just moved back into the area. So in a way it is new since you haven't been here. Times and people change, common sense. Sorry your posts are so vauge that people have to guess what your talking about. Your as dumb as they come. Comparing degrees on a message board. For all I know, your a snot-nosed little kid running your mouth. Take your Master degree in Bullsh!t and go fuck yourself.
Done with your ignorance.
No that's actually the problem, nothing and nobody has changed in Pekin. Hasn't been anything vague in my posts from what I see.
Mike

Peoria, IL

#14 Jan 8, 2013
lol. Whatever man. Im on break at work figured Id see what kind of response I got. Still, not worth my time but its okay i got time today. Yes your posts are vauge they talk about a time you use to be here then left then came back. So that makes people guess at the timeframe you speak of. That's vague. Then, you go on about how Mr. Price dont have your preferred window style in his office space. This is pointless as it has nothing to do with you and obviously isn't illegal or it wouldn't happen. Next, you go on about how "green technology" is needed and how Mr. Price is wrong for not revolutionizing the city's businesses. Common sense tells everyone(but you) that this is not Mr. Prices resposibility or objective so maybe you should consider yourself and stop worryin about what others do with their things? Last, you claim to have multiple degrees on a topix.com message board and post things that deal with the city, but then judge the city by the response of one person who you have never met in your life? It's childish and ignorant to rant about degrees online. I only talked about my degree because you automatically assumed I didnt know what "going green" means, not to compare fake degrees you may have. Hell, on the internet I can be a doctor too.lol.
HMA

Pekin, IL

#15 Jan 10, 2013
Considering the neighborhood of the hotel, windows were constantly broken by kids. That right there is reason enough to have something like glass block windows. Far better to have something in use than sitting for potential users to get into or other such activity.
If you notice, it has started a domino affect. The business next door has also renovated their exterior. Rather than criticize someone's choices in renovation, go out and do something positive yourself!
SEB

Chicago, IL

#16 Jan 10, 2013
It's interesting that I don't even have to spend time on here responding to anyone and the comments still continue to come in. Truth does hurt I suppose. According to International Building Code though it does need "two points of egress" however in case of fire or emergency. Glass cube window does not constitute a proper point of egress. Is there a back door or other exit that each room has access to? I didn't see any.
SEB

Morton, IL

#17 Jan 10, 2013
HMA wrote:
Considering the neighborhood of the hotel, windows were constantly broken by kids. That right there is reason enough to have something like glass block windows. Far better to have something in use than sitting for potential users to get into or other such activity.
If you notice, it has started a domino affect. The business next door has also renovated their exterior. Rather than criticize someone's choices in renovation, go out and do something positive yourself!
The domino effect you are speaking of is another building belonging to the same owner, he converted into a warehouse so it only makes sense that it would be renovated as well.
Mike

Peoria, IL

#18 Jan 11, 2013
It's interesting how you claim to be a successful business owner, yet your are ignorant. Go to the damn building and inspect it if your so damn worried about it. Pretty sure that it has already been done considering the building has been in use for months.

And people respond because this IS a MESSAGE BOARD and the topic is recent.DUH. Truth is your dumber than a box of rocks and assume everything and in reality you have no clue. Get a clue before you run your mouth. Keep commmenting though. You ignorance makes me laugh and I look forward to checking the board everyday to see your lame assumptions.
SEB

Chicago, IL

#19 Jan 11, 2013
Public? It seems that this is more of a forum for you and I. Nobody else seems to care about my initial post, except you for some odd reason. Taking this topixforum a bit personal aren't you?
Mike

Peoria, IL

#20 Jan 14, 2013
Not taking nothing personal, bud. Your posts are stupid and have no direction so it's actually kind of entertaining. How would I take this personal when your talking about someone else that neither one of us knows? I just pointed out your ignorance in all your "know everything" posts. If you dont think that someone should respond to your post, dont put it on a message board.

Tell me, if you didnt want nobody responding to your rant about how your going to come to Pekin and clean it up, then why post of a message board? Maybe people dont respond because this issue has been addressed hundreds of times and what is being done takes time. The guy who initially bought it for some change wants to make a million off of it. Thats's the man you should be concerned with considering everyone considers him a "slum lord", not Randy Price who is only there fixing the building to avoid demo for its local history, not to make a million dollars off nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
60 years later, gang leader's slaying still uns... (Jan '08) Sat Belchrist 1,188
cant sleep, snapchat ladies? Sat drtyreiko 1
Very last minute shopping Dec 24 Slacker 1
"Operation Clean Sweep" Hits Peoria (Apr '11) Dec 18 Mike 5
Caterpillar firings (Jan '13) Dec 18 Mike 3
Joshua Lee Brooks (Jun '14) Dec 18 Mike 4
Police Blotter (Mar '09) Dec 18 Mike 30
Peoria Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Peoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Peoria News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Peoria

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:35 pm PST

NBC Sports 4:35PM
Seattle clinches No. 1 seed, beats Rams 20-6 - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports 4:55 PM
Seahawks, Packers and Panthers grab divisional titles
ESPN 5:02 PM
Seahawks rout Rams, seal NFC's No. 1 seed
Bleacher Report 5:15 PM
St. Louis Rams vs. Seattle Seahawks: Full Report Card Grades for St. Louis
Yahoo! Sports 6:27 PM
Seahawks take NFC top seed, Packers and Panthers win