Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52057 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49289 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
can i buy property on the straight side of the fence ?
if so i want the farthest away from the fence on the straight side i can get.
i like this idea even better then your gay = civil rights movement idea
You can move away from yourself.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49290 Jan 24, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> Lol, but the people that has the power to make/change the laws of the land cares about the christian vote.
...and somehow you think all Christians vote the same, eh?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#49291 Jan 24, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
You talked about gay people being sterile, I talked about too many people on the planet.
You talked about gay people breaking up, I talked about a breakup of non married people not being the same as divorce. So yea, it did have to do with your post.
Not in the post you responded to.

Location hidden

#49292 Jan 24, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the incident..
Then you know they deliberately pursued the issue, but you lied about it.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49293 Jan 24, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> Lol, but the people that has the power to make/change the laws of the land cares about the christian vote.
The law has already changed. Every state has to recognize federal marriage benefits. Marriage is evolving away from the joke straight people have made of it. Don't you think God is tired of watching straight people destroy what ha gave us all?

And besides, since gay people demand a higher quality of living than straight people, we are becoming wealthier, and straights are becoming poorer. Even churches are loosing money. And money talks. Most people are becoming afraid to support bigots for that very reason, money.

Location hidden

#49294 Jan 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did.
How is denying someone service because they're gay different than denying someone service because they're black or because they're a Christian?
Skin color is vastly distinct from orientations.

A naturally fruitful relationship can hardly be equated to a absolutely barren and desolate relationship.

They didn't deny service, they refused to desecrate marriage, a tenant of their faith.

Location hidden

#49295 Jan 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
No, she didn't. The couple was anonymous until THEY came forward. The waitress was trying to get attention for herself and have people feel sorry for her, not to intimidate anyone.
BS.

She was promoting bigotry toward straights, and the libitards got caught in the lie.

Location hidden

#49296 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution protects my right for expression of my faith.
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is not applicable here.
<quoted text>
The baker makes wedding cakes. The couple asked for a wedding cake. The baker refused. That's denial of service.
Marriage is a critical expression of the Christian faith. It is symbolic of Christ (the Bridegroom and the Church (the Bride).

The union of a man and woman is a representation of made in the image of God.

The baker only refused to make a wedding cake.

You don't know what you are talking about again.

Location hidden

#49297 Jan 24, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
The law has already changed. Every state has to recognize federal marriage benefits. Marriage is evolving away from the joke straight people have made of it. Don't you think God is tired of watching straight people destroy what ha gave us all?
And besides, since gay people demand a higher quality of living than straight people, we are becoming wealthier, and straights are becoming poorer. Even churches are loosing money. And money talks. Most people are becoming afraid to support bigots for that very reason, money.
But still, ss couples are only ever mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.

Are you asserting that wealthy gays will change that???

Smile.

Location hidden

#49298 Jan 24, 2014
Angel wrote:
If you put a thousand gay people on one side of a field, and a thousand straight people on the other side of the same field,....
I was going to say that what you would have is a slimmer, healthier, cleaner, wealthier, happier group on the side with the gay people.
Which is true but...
What you'd really have is two thousand human beings. Two thousand people, who all have the same daily needs of food and love, who all would probably do the right thing given the chance, who all are perfect in Gods eyes, and who all are the same.
And in the end, ll I can say is, I pray that you get all the love and blessings you deserve.
What an ignorant bigoted statement.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#49299 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it isn't. Both are traits a person has. And both of those are unchosen, unlikely religion, but that is protected too.
KiMare wrote:
A naturally fruitful relationship can hardly be equated to a absolutely barren and desolate relationship.
Of course it can. Reproduction is not a required element of marriage.
KiMare wrote:
They didn't deny service, they refused to desecrate marriage, a tenant of their faith.
They denied service. You're a liar.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49300 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
People who violate morality do not negate the rights of those who are moral.
By your standard, ss couples have failed to measure up to marriage. Their breakup rate is much higher than straights.
You only need a lawyer for a contract. You attempt to radically dumb down marriage to a contract because homosexuals cannot equate to marriage on any other level.
This is the bottom line you will never ever get past; ss couples are only ever a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
NOTHING you say or do will change that fact.
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, the world is over populated. If you were smart, you'd welcome less people. Even years ago they figured out that more intelligent couples weren't having kids because of overpopulation.
Gay marriage doesn't have the high divorce rate of straight marriage, couples who aren't married and breaking up aren't really qualified for divorce, thought that was obvious.

Here is the post.
You- break up rates are much higher than divorce rates.
Me-couples who aren't married and break up aren't really qualified for divorce.

You-ss couples are only ever mutually sterile
Me-and again, the world is over populated.

Wow. Just wow. Your post, then my post right after. Commenting on what you wrote, verbatim. You can let it go now. It's ok.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#49301 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
BS.
She was promoting bigotry toward straights, and the libitards got caught in the lie.
lol, how was she promoting bigotry toward straight people?

She invented an act bigotry towards herself/gay people. That isn't promoting bigotry.

Location hidden

#49302 Jan 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a sincere question? Gay people couldn't even publicly reveal that they were gay until relatively recently (some still can't). And you expect that they should be forming large organizations and building hospitals?
Oh please, we've been supporting the consequences of immoral gay behavior for decades now just with HIV.

Man up punk.

Location hidden

#49303 Jan 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you're ignorant of reality. Gay people work in those hospitals, homeless shelters, women's shelters, and food kitchens. They're too small a minority, too persecuted a minority, and too separate a group to be building them.
The issue is their lack of establishing these services, not that a small number work in one's established by Christians.

There could not be more of a difference.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49304 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but when black people were being oppressed wether or not their skin color was a choice didn't matter. They were thought to be an inferior race. Different from white humans.(Kinda funny how we all came from a black woman. Lol.) So when everyone finds out that it is the same with lgbt, that we are born the way we are, then you'll be just as diapointed.

And again, the world is overpopulated. You need more links? I got them.

Location hidden

#49305 Jan 24, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
No one cares about Christians toes. WE DONT CARE!!!! Why is that so hard to get through? I guess all the peoples that straights tried to oppress should have just taken their scraps and accepted less. Not today.
We know. You even use children, demanding they not be considered as a part of marriage, then claiming them to pretend you are a family, except for depriving the child of one parent gender.

Makes me sick.

You need to ask why you are foolishly attempting to equate to a relationship you fail at, and not establishing your own relational identity.

Location hidden

#49306 Jan 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says the Earth is a flat disc covered by a solid dome that has the Sun, Moon, and stars stuck on it.
Yeah, "best source of info".
No it doesn't.

You lie again.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49307 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution protects my right for expression of my faith.
<quoted text>
Marriage is a critical expression of the Christian faith. It is symbolic of Christ (the Bridegroom and the Church (the Bride).
The union of a man and woman is a representation of made in the image of God.
The baker only refused to make a wedding cake.
You don't know what you are talking about again.
Marriage is not Christian, by any means. At all.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49308 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
But still, ss couples are only ever mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
Are you asserting that wealthy gays will change that???
Smile.
They are changing your hatred laws into nice laws. We win.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church Jul 25 Sogodscr 2
Casey's General Store in Germantown Hills... (Jul '14) Jul 24 GTHResident 5
McKinley Grade School (Oct '08) Jul 19 mhcody 2
Local Celeb. Jim Conover made a movie near Pekin (Jan '09) Jul 18 Jory 31
Christina Stoecker Davis (Feb '14) Jul 16 Guest 2
donna marie...double d publisher ex prostitute ... Jul 16 anonomous 1
Lisa Conn Murder (Feb '13) Jul 12 Jason 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peoria Mortgages