Don't Move Here
StayAway

Pekin, IL

#1 Jun 24, 2018
This town holds some of the worst people you will ever meet in your entire life.

It claims to be Christian and family-friendly, but the people here are terrible. Malicious gossip is a regular thing. Someone will smile to your face and then say something nasty when you turn to walk away and laugh about it. Teenagers and adults alike.

I am leaving here and I strongly discourage anyone from ever moving here.

Do yourself a favor and move to Normal instead.
Smedley Forkwart

United States

#3 Jun 27, 2018
StayAway wrote:
This town holds some of the worst people you will ever meet in your entire life.

It claims to be Christian and family-friendly, but the people here are terrible. Malicious gossip is a regular thing. Someone will smile to your face and then say something nasty when you turn to walk away and laugh about it. Teenagers and adults alike.

Creve coeur has sucked for decades. Corrupt police and city government.
StayAway

United States

#4 Jun 27, 2018
Smedley Forkwart wrote:
<quoted text>

Creve coeur has sucked for decades. Corrupt police and city government.
I was talking about Morton, but I will be sure to avoid Creve Coeur, too.
StayAway

Pekin, IL

#5 Jul 17, 2018
StayAway wrote:

I made this original post due to commmunity mobbing against me. Someone had sexually victimized me with his friends when we worked together and I reported it. Years of harassment and slander have followed from that, mostly from people who have never actually held a conversation with me.

However, recently I have found some awesome support from people within the Morton community who have stepped up and shown me kindness and compassion. The Morton community has shown me that they are the type of people who step up and support someone in need, even when it is their own causing the suffering.

I am extremely grateful to these individuals for their actions of support and kindness. I am sorry for making a post bashing Morton. I just hadnít found the good people here yet.
Smedley Forkwart

United States

#6 Jul 22, 2018
Don't apologize for saying what you believe was the truth
StayAway

Pekin, IL

#7 Jul 24, 2018
Smedley Forkwart wrote:
Don't apologize for saying what you believe was the truth
Thank you for that! I am happy to report I am getting the hell out of here regardless. &#128513;
minnie

Bridgeton, MO

#8 Sep 1, 2018
Vote for Patrick Little 2020
A real American

Since: Sep 18

Location hidden

#9 Sep 11, 2018
StayAway wrote:

Dang I always heard it was a nice place
StayAway

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Sep 16, 2018
It is most definitely not a nice place. I stand by my original comments. I thought it was until I moved away and found an actual nice place where people show respect and compassion.

Morton is the typical bigoted small-town with terrible police and rampant gossip and harassment towards those who are different.

I have never been happier since leaving that place and relocating to my new city.
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>

Dang I always heard it was a nice place

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Hells Angels Leader Sentenced (Nov '06) Oct 30 Big John from BIG... 304
Lisa Conn Murder (Feb '13) Oct 29 Tom 33
News Two acquitted in Peoria murder trial (Nov '06) Oct 25 Geechie21 47
Won't support business in creve coeur,il. WHY??? Oct 23 Smedley Forkwart 1
Construction/ Roofing? Oct 21 Recommendations 1
Bowers Sep '18 tori77 1
Scott hessing Sep '18 Junktrunk 4

Peoria Jobs

Personal Finance

Peoria Mortgages