Mormons planning to build temple in Phoenix

May 25, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: East Valley Tribune

David Biscobing , Tribune The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will build another new temple in Arizona, this one in Phoenix, President Thomas S. Monson announced Friday.

Comments
2,821 - 2,835 of 2,835 Comments Last updated May 17, 2013
First Prev
of 142
Next Last
Jake in PHX

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

Judged:

Helen Brown wrote:
Well there is no stopping it -- where ever they want to put that house of demon worship they will. How excited can people get over a place that baptizes the dead, and has marriages for time and eternity so the mormon women can join her husband who is now a God on a distant planet to stay pregant forever. He also had lots of wives there and handmaidens. Sounds like something out of Colorado City! Seems like they have all ignored the last sentence in Rev., with their idea of a message!
The bible says that if something is of men, it will come to nothing. But if God is behind something, no man can stop it. I really wish the naysayers in the postings here could take the time and educate themselves as to what members of the Church of Jesus Christ truly believe. More than likely, these naysayers are truly faithless themselves, believe in nothing, never go to church, or pay devotion and respect to Jesus Christ, and yet will still say that Mormons are demon worshippers.

Since: Aug 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

Judged:

Jake in PHX wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible says that if something is of men, it will come to nothing. But if God is behind something, no man can stop it. I really wish the naysayers in the postings here could take the time and educate themselves as to what members of the Church of Jesus Christ truly believe. More than likely, these naysayers are truly faithless themselves, believe in nothing, never go to church, or pay devotion and respect to Jesus Christ, and yet will still say that Mormons are demon worshippers.
Let them spew. It is actually alright. I was a spew-er before I joined the Church 31 years ago yesterday. I got married, have ten wonderful kids, all active, and am fully and absolutely certain that if I hadn't the freedom to fight against the Church, I would never joined. It's funny...but Heavenly Father really does allow do-overs.
CMHQ

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2011

Please check out Christian Marriage Headquarters where bible-baased christian marriage advice is being given at a practical level. Check it out:
http://www.christianmarriagehq.com
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

Judged:

CMHQ wrote:
Please check out Christian Marriage Headquarters where bible-baased christian marriage advice is being given at a practical level. Check it out:
http://www.christianmarriagehq.com
If you want real readers to your site, you'll have to do better than putting your spam on stale threads.

“Get It While You Can:JJ”

Since: Aug 10

L.A. Ca.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

I would rather see 1000 Temples erected than one filthy "Bacha Bereesh" practicing mosque put up.
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

This Phoenix site is stale.
Mary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Odd. Church of jesus christ but yet they do not believe in the inherent,begotten divinity of Jesus. Truely odd.
neutral one

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Mary, please take a moment to read through this link. I think you will be surprised.

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/what-mo...

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Mary wrote:
Odd. Church of jesus christ but yet they do not believe in the inherent,begotten divinity of Jesus. Truely odd.
Since when do we not believe in the divinity of Christ?
Kimber

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

The Mesa Mormon Killer says LDS doesn't come to jail/prison.
Is this true?

“I Believe in Christ”

Since: Nov 08

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Kimber-

I am not familiar with the "Mesa Mormon Killer", but I do happen to know that LDS members who have been incarcerated are visited by clergy members and other church members if they request it.

My brother made a juvenile mistake several years ago that bought him some jail time. He intended his actions to just be a prank, but it escalated and he was arrested. He served time, and during that time he requested meetings with his bishop, stake president and attended church meetings in the jail. He was even allowed to start partaking of the sacrament again towards the end of his sentence.

Again, I'm not familiar with the "Mesa Mormon Killer", but with my family's unfortunate personal experience with prison systems, I would have to say that he/she is misinformed.
Kimber

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

neutral one wrote:
Kimber-
I am not familiar with the "Mesa Mormon Killer", but I do happen to know that LDS members who have been incarcerated are visited by clergy members and other church members if they request it.
My brother made a juvenile mistake several years ago that bought him some jail time. He intended his actions to just be a prank, but it escalated and he was arrested. He served time, and during that time he requested meetings with his bishop, stake president and attended church meetings in the jail. He was even allowed to start partaking of the sacrament again towards the end of his sentence.
Again, I'm not familiar with the "Mesa Mormon Killer", but with my family's unfortunate personal experience with prison systems, I would have to say that he/she is misinformed.
You haven't heard of the Travis Alexander murder? He was a priesthood holder in Mesa, AZ.
His ex girlfriend stalked him, blackmailed him and eventually took his life in his Mesa, Az
home on Queensborough. The case is all over the news. How did you miss it? It may be
that she does not have the privilege to have visitors, not even clergy or that she is misrepresenting facts and doesn't seek these services. If I were facing death row, I'd want clergy. I'd take any denomination. This is Estrella Jail in Phoenix, Az if that helps.

“I Believe in Christ”

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Honestly, I avoid the news if I can help it. It is too depressing and I don't have time for that. I have 3 small kids and watch 2-3 more during the day. If and when I have time to sit down and watch anything, it is going to be something that makes me laugh or feel good, not something like "And in other heart-breaking news, the missing child was found dead...". No, thank you. If it something that would effect my life, then friends or family will inform me and I will look into that.
Kimber

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

neutral one wrote:
Honestly, I avoid the news if I can help it. It is too depressing and I don't have time for that. I have 3 small kids and watch 2-3 more during the day. If and when I have time to sit down and watch anything, it is going to be something that makes me laugh or feel good, not something like "And in other heart-breaking news, the missing child was found dead...". No, thank you. If it something that would effect my life, then friends or family will inform me and I will look into that.
That being the case, avoid looking into this gut-wrenching case. Sorry to bring this into your life.
Protect your kids like the mama bear I bet you are and the other little ones you watch over as well.
Keeping kids safe. It's a very good thing!

“I Believe in Christ”

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Don't be sorry! You didn't know.:)

Many of my friends make fun of me and joke about me being an ostrich. Surrounding myself with positive influences isn't being an ostrich, IMO. I'm not ignoring that there is evil lurking around, I just choose to not let it into my house. My house is a safe haven from the ugliness that can be out there. People claim that I'm crippling my children by "sheltering", yet I remember feeling that my parents' house was the safest place to be growing up BECAUSE they kept it sheltered from the evil influences of the world. Many of my friends congregated to my house because my parents genuinely cared about their welfare and made them follow our family rules while they were there. I have long-since tried to pattern myself after my parents because I want to be a safe haven for my kids and their friends. I would rather kids feel a loving spirit in my home than a spirit of negativity and violence. Like it or not, the tv shows and video games we allow into our homes influence the spirit that dwells there...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 142
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Peoria Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Peoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Peoria News, Events & Info