Female priest ordained by Catholic church in Arizona

Aug 31, 2010 Full story: Tuscon Citizen 12

31, 2010, under Civil rights , Headline news , Religion Catholic church ordains woman as priest Despite opposition from Vatican, group officially welcomes new female priest Female priest ordained by Catholic church in Arizona A woman was ordained as a Catholic priest in the Valley on Saturday in the kind of ceremony the Vatican recently condemned ...

Full Story

“Boot to the Head”

Since: Jul 08

Mogadore, OH

#1 Aug 31, 2010
It seems like reporters go out of their way to get it wrong.

Since: Jun 09

DeKalb, IL

#2 Aug 31, 2010
While they think this woman may be an ordained priest, in reality this is an invalid action.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#3 Aug 31, 2010
LinkedArticle wrote:
Elaine Groppenbacher received holy orders from Bishop Peter Hickman of the Ecumenical Catholic Communion, one of several liberal Catholic offshoots in the Valley.... Among those issues are lay participation, active membership for gay and lesbian members, and openness on women’s health concerns, notably birth control and abortion. The churches typically invite everyone to take communion, church members or not.
While they may use the word Catholic in their name, they have nothing to do with the Catholic Church that was started by Jesus almost 2000 years ago.

“Proud to be an Aamerican!”

Since: Jun 10

Wherever aardvarks roam...

#4 Aug 31, 2010
Remember that this is NOT the regular Catholic Church, but another offshoot. This is a fly by night "catholic" church wannabe, meaning they make up their own rules as they go along, and disregard the Vatican.

What's next for this plastic church? Gay priests? Abortion okay?

“Boot to the Head”

Mogadore, OH

#5 Aug 31, 2010
The reporter uses the title Catholic Church very loosely. Probably wouldn't forget to differentiate the Westboro Baptists from Southern Baptists.

"The issue of women’s ordination has been the subject of debate in recent years...."

Debate is definitely the wrong word.

"The Vatican recently condemned the action as a grave sin, on par with the sexual abuse of children."

Actually the letter specifically differentiated the type of sin.

“Proud to be an Aamerican!”

Since: Jun 10

Wherever aardvarks roam...

#6 Aug 31, 2010
Cathoholic wrote:
The reporter uses the title Catholic Church very loosely. Probably wouldn't forget to differentiate the Westboro Baptists from Southern Baptists.
"The issue of women’s ordination has been the subject of debate in recent years...."
Debate is definitely the wrong word.
"The Vatican recently condemned the action as a grave sin, on par with the sexual abuse of children."
Actually the letter specifically differentiated the type of sin.
Yep, there are so many degrees of "baptist", and incredible amounts of reformed-this and reformed-that religions (ad nauseum), thanks to liberal whitewashing - that it boggles the mind!

Since: Aug 10

Hamburg, NJ

#7 Aug 31, 2010
Aardy Aardvark wrote:
Remember that this is NOT the regular Catholic Church, but another offshoot. This is a fly by night "catholic" church wannabe, meaning they make up their own rules as they go along, and disregard the Vatican.
What's next for this plastic church? Gay priests? Abortion okay?
Not arguing with you, but they already have plenty of gay priests. I'm for gay rights, but not for the ped. priests, which are a whole other breed, I understand that. NOT all gays are peds. Not by a long shot.

“Boot to the Head”

Mogadore, OH

#8 Sep 1, 2010
RealSher wrote:
<quoted text>
Not arguing with you, but they already have plenty of gay priests. I'm for gay rights, but not for the ped. priests, which are a whole other breed, I understand that. NOT all gays are peds. Not by a long shot.
Shouldn't matter if a priest is attracted to men or women. They give up that part of their life to devote themselves fully to the service of God.
farmman

Louisville, KY

#9 Sep 1, 2010
Will this female priest live with the male priests?
Maybe she will/can satisfy all of them?
Sounds just a little wrong to me.
whyrusostupid

Phoenix, AZ

#10 Sep 15, 2010
Does this mean the catholic church will now have to start covering up molestation charges of underage girls?

Ah, to be a katlick.....
Kimber

Spring, TX

#11 May 16, 2013
Arizona - the oddball state.
C Horse

Kolkata, India

#12 Jul 1, 2013
Jos Soroka wrote:
While they think this woman may be an ordained priest, in reality this is an invalid action.
An American woman becoming a priest does no good. She would do better sitting at home and taking care of the kids, just like all good mothers do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phoenix warns of bus disruptions as union negot... 11 min Whiny1 1
any girls from phx arizona wanna meet n hook up 4 hr phxbird 3
City-Data Forum (Aug '09) 18 hr jackson 392
irish travelers(gypsies) (Feb '11) Wed clive bundy 41
Immigrant groups protest Arpaio suit against Obama Tue wild child 1
snowbirds the low life of the earth Dec 22 Taxpayer for years 10
Good intentions cause offense after senior disc... Dec 8 janetbee 1

Freeze Warning for Maricopa County was issued at December 25 at 2:21PM MST

Peoria Dating
Find my Match