Arizona passes bill allowing religious people to refuse service to gays

A young Saanich inventor has joined the likes of Will Smith, U2 and Jerry Seinfeld as one of the first guests featured on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. Full Story
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Feb 21, 2014
It's the same thing as whites only or irish need not apply. Bigotry!
Good lord

Santa Fe, NM

#3 Feb 21, 2014
what a bunch of hateful bigots. Regressives, turning back the clock.
abba

Bulls Gap, TN

#4 Feb 22, 2014
equalityboy81 wrote:
It's the same thing as whites only or irish need not apply. Bigotry!
Maybe the firefighters/police who might be of an alternative lifestyle will turn their respective backs on the same business owners while their establishments burn to the ground or the civil unrest sure to follow.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#6 Feb 22, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
The sooner homosexuals are again defined as mentally ill and many times criminal, the sooner America can reemerge as a nation protecting the rights of man internationally. This is because homosexuals have been the primary vector, sometimes intentional, to killing millions of people in horrible, suffering deaths worldwide with their deadly diseases. We must pass and keep every law possible to protect future generations from the depraved, degenerate scourge of homosexual deviance.
I think you're due for a diaper change, Babydoll
StraightBuckeye

United States

#7 Feb 22, 2014
Vacationed in your beautiful state last year(Sedona) but I won't return to a state full of azzhole politicians such as yours.
what a f--ked up system!
Itsagaybuffetout there

United States

#8 Feb 22, 2014
It's a choice to be gay. A coworker said to me today to try it and I would like it. It's a choice obviously. This was said when when I said I have bad luck with trucks, copying machines, and men. Why would I need to try something if I wasn't "born" gay?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#9 Feb 22, 2014
The focus of the debate on the issue of bigots with "deeply held religious beliefs" refusing to serve gay folk actually minimizes what the Arizona Legislature has accomplished here. This amendment to their already existing Religious Freedom Restoration Act (whatever that does) puts every last state and local law, ordinance regulation and rule at the mercy of the "deeply held religious beliefs" of whoever wants to invoke them. Those "beliefs" have now become a legal defense against any and all charges associated with you freely exercising them.

It sets the standard for adjudicating ANY case where someone claims the charge violates their "deeply held religious beliefs" as strict scrutiny, meaning that the government must prove a compelling interest for infringing on your all but absolute right to exercise your beliefs however you darn well please. Very few laws, let alone ordinances, regulations or rules on the books can withstand strict scrutiny.

Most limits that the government puts in place are only more or less reasonable things for the government to be doing, they aren't essential to the functioning of the government. Think tax laws, driving regulations, bans on public nudity, blame your "deeply held beliefs" for violating any or all of the above and let the fun begin.
Todd

Palo Alto, CA

#10 Feb 22, 2014
WOO HOO!

Score a win for the good guys!
Todd

Palo Alto, CA

#11 Feb 22, 2014
Itsagaybuffetoutthere wrote:
It's a choice to be gay. A coworker said to me today to try it and I would like it. It's a choice obviously. This was said when when I said I have bad luck with trucks, copying machines, and men. Why would I need to try something if I wasn't "born" gay?
Bingo!
Todd

Palo Alto, CA

#12 Feb 22, 2014
StraightBuckeye wrote:
Vacationed in your beautiful state last year(Sedona) but I won't return to a state full of azzhole politicians such as yours.
what a f--ked up system!
You mad bro?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Itsagaybuffetout there

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Feb 23, 2014
Todd wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo!
I have asked almost anyone I know is gay why they were gay. Not one said they were born that way for it could have been being molested. There was an absent parent and even an absent parent with both parents in the home. Those who are gay are running from something. I believe being gay is a mental illness. No child is told to go hug and kiss the same sex or asked what boy/girl of the same sex are they wanting to date, go to the dance with or anything. Like my mom said alcoholics, drug addicts, gays can go somewhere else for she won't tolerate those behaviors. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Too many people don't want to have morals, life is about sexual intercourse, money, down grading women, being gay and more. There has not been any proof that being gay is natural for it isn't. When the time comes for us to he judged the gays will regret being gay since God is against being gay.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#15 Feb 23, 2014
Itsagaybuffetoutthere wrote:
I have asked almost anyone I know is gay why they were gay. Not one said they were born that way for it could have been being molested. There was an absent parent and even an absent parent with both parents in the home. Those who are gay are running from something. I believe being gay is a mental illness. No child is told to go hug and kiss the same sex or asked what boy/girl of the same sex are they wanting to date, go to the dance with or anything. Like my mom said alcoholics, drug addicts, gays can go somewhere else for she won't tolerate those behaviors. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Too many people don't want to have morals, life is about sexual intercourse, money, down grading women, being gay and more. There has not been any proof that being gay is natural for it isn't. When the time comes for us to he judged the gays will regret being gay since God is against being gay.
I believe that you happen to be an idiot, but that's okay, it's your right. Being gay, no more a mental illness than being straight, but having to put up with complete idiots like you can be wearing on the psyche. Your not getting why we are gay, not our problem.If you don't approve of same sex marriages, don't marry someone of your same sex and don't stand in the way of our rights. Don't want to associate with gay folk, we won't come over to your house for a visit, but if you're out in public, we get to be there too. Don't like it, you can stay home, it is your choice.
Patriotic Girl

Finleyville, PA

#16 Feb 23, 2014
I am pretty tired of all this gay crap! We do not strut around saying--look at me I am straight. No, we go about our business and live and let live.You gays are so adamant about everyone knowing and accepting your gayness. I am sick of you people shoving it in our face. Just go away and live however you want. I believe that people who have businesses should be able to say who,what, where and when we can do what we want with our business. D--- sick and tired of the government telling us what we can and can not do! You go Arizona!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#17 Feb 23, 2014
Patriotic Girl wrote:
I am pretty tired of all this gay crap! We do not strut around saying--look at me I am straight. No, we go about our business and live and let live.You gays are so adamant about everyone knowing and accepting your gayness. I am sick of you people shoving it in our face. Just go away and live however you want. I believe that people who have businesses should be able to say who,what, where and when we can do what we want with our business. D--- sick and tired of the government telling us what we can and can not do! You go Arizona!
and gay people want is to be treated the same..when you walk intoa restaraunt with your partner you aren't discriminated agianst. that is all they want. you don't think you are openly expressing your sexual preference and neither do they, they are just living their lives as you are. so quit being a bigot about it and live up the constitution of our nation..equal rights for all...or you can easily leave, which i think the majority of us int his country would prefer,a s polls show...

you and your fellow bigots are the minority now...history and your own children will call you by your rightful names...
Reality

United States

#18 Feb 23, 2014
equalityboy81 wrote:
It's the same thing as whites only or irish need not apply. Bigotry!
It sounds more like, pedophilia and bestiality not allowed. Morality. You know, behavioral choices.
Itsagaybuffetout there

Phoenix, AZ

#19 Feb 23, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that you happen to be an idiot, but that's okay, it's your right. Being gay, no more a mental illness than being straight, but having to put up with complete idiots like you can be wearing on the psyche. Your not getting why we are gay, not our problem.If you don't approve of same sex marriages, don't marry someone of your same sex and don't stand in the way of our rights. Don't want to associate with gay folk, we won't come over to your house for a visit, but if you're out in public, we get to be there too. Don't like it, you can stay home, it is your choice.
Being gay is a mental illness and ill behavior. God is against gay people. I should not have to look at immoral behavior or have it around my children. You gays need to stay home. Why are us, the ones who have morals, have to be complete idiots? It is not us who go against God's word. Personally, I have friends and family who are gay but I do not allow touching and kissing around me or my children. I do not tolerate that crap and I teach my children that being gay is wrong. God said to multiply and fill the world with people. There is not one place in the Bible stating for two men or two women to lay together as if they were husband and wife. When God judges us all on Judgment Day you whom are gay will regret your behavior.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#20 Feb 23, 2014
Itsagaybuffetoutthere wrote:
<quoted text>
Being gay is a mental illness and ill behavior. God is against gay people. I should not have to look at immoral behavior or have it around my children. You gays need to stay home. Why are us, the ones who have morals, have to be complete idiots? It is not us who go against God's word. Personally, I have friends and family who are gay but I do not allow touching and kissing around me or my children. I do not tolerate that crap and I teach my children that being gay is wrong. God said to multiply and fill the world with people. There is not one place in the Bible stating for two men or two women to lay together as if they were husband and wife. When God judges us all on Judgment Day you whom are gay will regret your behavior.
yeah like you cult freaks have morals...what a crock of shit!

and your god has been proven false so many times..you are in a cult and you tell others what to think! that is the height of hypocrisy!

take your fake god and shove it up your tax subsidized church where it is meant to stay...keep your cult crap out of the real world...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#21 Feb 23, 2014
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds more like, pedophilia and bestiality not allowed. Morality. You know, behavioral choices.
what would you know about morality?
Itsagaybuffetout there

Phoenix, AZ

#22 Feb 23, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and gay people want is to be treated the same..when you walk intoa restaraunt with your partner you aren't discriminated agianst. that is all they want. you don't think you are openly expressing your sexual preference and neither do they, they are just living their lives as you are. so quit being a bigot about it and live up the constitution of our nation..equal rights for all...or you can easily leave, which i think the majority of us int his country would prefer,a s polls show...
you and your fellow bigots are the minority now...history and your own children will call you by your rightful names...
Have you ever thought about the reason you are not treated the same is because your behavior is not ok, it is immoral and disgusting? And no, us people against gay behavior are not a minority otherwise 1 out of 4 homes would be housing a straight family.

Your comment is very ignorant and wish washy. Openly expressing sexual preference. Ever realized the words sexual preference? That means you prefer to be with the same sex, not forced, therefore, it is stating a choice on a gay's part of which sex to be with. Being gay is a choice. Nobody is born gay.
Kevin

Phoenix, AZ

#23 Feb 23, 2014
Hey you from mesa I dont know what the hell kind of a bible you read must be sesame street because the bible I read says GOD FORGIVES EVERYONE. Now go blow your nose and grab some tissue for the tears you low life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best 5 star hotel in phoenix/scottsdale? Tue True Blue Local 2
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Tue Ace75 692
any girls from phx arizona wanna meet n hook up Mon badazz 1
us airways / american airlines Dec 15 tlords 13
snowbirds the low life of the earth Dec 14 wierdo 8
shop the goodwill stores at your own risk Dec 14 The Truth 1
Good intentions cause offense after senior disc... Dec 8 janetbee 1
Peoria Dating
Find my Match

Peoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Peoria News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Peoria

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:15 am PST

NBC Sports11:15AM
Chargers to stay in San Diego .. for now
Bleacher Report11:30 AM
Insider Buzz: Raiders, Rams & Chargers Not Moving to Los Angeles in 2015
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Philip Rivers Injury: Updates on Chargers Star's Chest, Back and Return
ESPN 2:46 PM
Rivers rests; confident he'll play Saturday
NBC Sports 3:03 PM
Arizona turns to little-known QB for biggest game - NBC Sports