Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi ...

Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial

There are 687 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 8, 2013, titled Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A nude Jodi Arias on Travis Alexander's bed. A naked Alexander in the shower. Then minutes later, an image of Alexander stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times in the heart, back, hands and torso, shot in the head, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

Since: Jan 13

Bundoora, Australia

#605 Apr 26, 2013
Fog Lifter wrote:
<quoted text>
When I have time, I'd like to listen to Dr. Kevin Horn's original testimony. I didn't begin watching until about the time JAA was demonstrating her b.s. story about TVA lunging at her and the gun going off. It's total b.s. debunked by his autopsy. Does anyone think she maybe tried to dismember him but didn't have the necessary tools.
Free Willy was an idiot to try to go head to head with the medical examiner. Her little bachelor's and law degree are no match for his credentials and years of experience. It's pretty bad when the other attorney at YOUR table is amused with your ignorance.
She was trying to say a 25 caliber gun doesn't do much damage. My spouse said, "Let's test that theory." Apparently, someone wants to as she has been getting threats and she still acts like she is going to win. If by some miracle she does get JAA off, I hope she stalks JLW for the rest of her days. I think in JAA's pea brain, she thinks JLW is a friend. She doesn't realize she is just doing a job she is getting paid to do. She has no friends.
Travis was fit and healthy and worked out. Assuming the gun is her grandparents, it makes much more sense to shoot first to get an advantage. I think the ME has lost the Murder 1 for the prosecution.

Bundoora, Australia

#606 Apr 26, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why somay American White Males are getting divorced in all time record numbers. Resting for awhile and going to Asian babes.
I gave up on white males and married a Pakistani. Much more attuned to marriage and family and being responsible and never divorcing.

Bundoora, Australia

#607 Apr 26, 2013
All Good Things wrote:
The gunshot was not first. Add that to "he wouldn't die" and she shot him because she could not tell if he was dead.
Just one theory.
I know for certain that a 125-130 lb person with a stature of 5' 6" did not
use those shelves as a ladder. They will only hold about 30 lbs., are flimsy
and she needs to come up with better stories. There was no gun of Travis's on the top shelf.
She would have been better off to not testify or to come clean. She has not done either.
agree that the gun was not Travis but it is a big deal to take on someone with a knife first if you have a gun in your possession. He had an advantage by virtue of his size and strength. He was fit and worked out with boxing and kick boxing.
LA Guy

United States

#608 Apr 26, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
Travis was fit and healthy and worked out. Assuming the gun is her grandparents, it makes much more sense to shoot first to get an advantage. I think the ME has lost the Murder 1 for the prosecution.
Precisely, just posted to this a few mins ago on the main forum.

Interesting, JM rolled the dice and called him back to restate and over emphasis the Knife first. When Wilmont called his hand on an early equivoaction, he ruled out the shot first, as defying geometry (brain damage)... lol...it was an odd statement
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#609 Apr 26, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely, just posted to this a few mins ago on the main forum.
Interesting, JM rolled the dice and called him back to restate and over emphasis the Knife first. When Wilmont called his hand on an early equivoaction, he ruled out the shot first, as defying geometry (brain damage)... lol...it was an odd statement
You obviously didn't understand the conversation between him and Squeaky.
I don't have time to explain it to you either. Go watch it again.
LA Guy

United States

#610 Apr 26, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave up on white males and married a Pakistani. Much more attuned to marriage and family and being responsible and never divorcing.
Interesting

Are you White? For a moment, I thought perhaps Asian/American, since Asian females now dominate the Pharmacist's ranks in Cal. Mostly Chinese, but also Koreans and Viets. Previously mostly white males, not that many of them left. I like the tradition in many foreign countries, where they are addressed as Doctors, but obviously not in the sene of a physician. You have a great mind beyond your field and even an understanding of legal principles.
CNJ

United States

#611 Apr 26, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
agree that the gun was not Travis but it is a big deal to take on someone with a knife first if you have a gun in your possession. He had an advantage by virtue of his size and strength. He was fit and worked out with boxing and kick boxing.
. The wet person oon the tile floor had the advantage??? PLEASE!
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#612 Apr 27, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
She probably did not want to shoot him, but she wasn't able to be sure he was dead. Also, it was staged to look like it was some sort of blood atonement. There is no way it wasn't premeditated even though it was sloppily done.

I remember reading Robert Durst used Mr. Clean and water to clean the crime scene when he killed his neighbor, Mr. Black. He then stole Black's identity and went on the lam. I think he was arrested up where he attended college.

I think JAA is every bit as dangerous and malevolent as R. Durst. If she is set free, there will be more stalking, more break ins, more things missing and probably more people injured/killed. She can't control herself in the outside world. Prison is the only solution for people like her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Durst
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#613 Apr 27, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
If she had been as smart as Durst, she could have been acquitted. He even admitted dismembering the body of his neighbor until he was "swimming in blood"...were all the multiple stab wounds in any way relating to possibly trying to dismember/decapitate Travis and perhaps remove his body from his home or did she want his friends and specifically, Mimi Hall to find Travis? He was 189 lbs. and about 5' 9" according to the autopsy report.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/07/nyregion/07...

If she shot last, that would mean he would have been tortured by the multiple stab wounds and slit throat. She shot him because he wouldn't just die immediately like she wanted. The shooting last actually makes it look worse for her.

She somehow stunned him or got the drop on him. She could have splashed something in his eyes or sprayed something in his eyes and then took the evidence with her.
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#614 Apr 27, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2011/02/...

So is Robert Durst. What's your point? Durst had enough money to pay off a jury. Is that why JAA does her art work and gets help from others so she can do so.

She shot from a distance as there was no stippling or gunpowder residue. She can't prove self defense like Durst's attorney apparently did.

He had some weird thing where he would growl like a dog and also make snorting noises. Maybe JAA should try that as he got acquitted. Maybe the jurors were afraid of his power and money. He did serve some jail time, not sure how much.
Lexington

United States

#616 Apr 27, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Lex
Defense atty's like Dr Geffner
He is reportedly polished and convincing
His creds and decades of experience are legit and will impress the jury, regardless of University rankings, which they will not even think about
They will make note of DR DM's thin resumes and short tenure
Looks like he will be the last wit, befor final aurgumuents.
Great move on the Chessboard by Nurmi/Wilmont.
Jury could tilt in favor of abuse/domestic violence and then it's a hung jury or manslaughter.
JM will not be able to diminish his creds
La,I think the jury see's the expert witnesses for what they are. Paid to say whatever. I think the jury will see it for what it is. I think what they will see is that Jodi has lied over and over and been caught in them. They are going to look at the experts and said "she just lied to them too". Bring me a psychiatrist to testify that there is a real reason for her insanity. No hung jury, 1st degree LWOP

Bundoora, Australia

#617 Apr 27, 2013
Rita in Ohio wrote:
<quoted text> you are crazy
I think this ugly ending would not have happened if Travis had not let Jodi back into his life when he broke up with her.
Maybe she does have psych issues. If she is the one responsible for the tyre slashing then at that point he should never return her calls, let her into his house, have sex with her. It just confuses the mentally vulnerable.
Forgetting that, this is a very curious case and I don't feel things add up.
If the ME is so adamant that the gun was last then I think the Ninja story makes more sense. To do that much damage with a knife against a man bigger, fitter and stronger is amazing. Why steal the gun if she could do all that with a knife?

Bundoora, Australia

#618 Apr 27, 2013
Lexington wrote:
<quoted text>
La,I think the jury see's the expert witnesses for what they are. Paid to say whatever. I think the jury will see it for what it is. I think what they will see is that Jodi has lied over and over and been caught in them. They are going to look at the experts and said "she just lied to them too". Bring me a psychiatrist to testify that there is a real reason for her insanity. No hung jury, 1st degree LWOP
Yes Jodi has been caught for lies, but then there was nearly a mistrial because of perceived perjury from either Flores or Horn. Then there is the conflicting evidence from two other technicians
Heather Connor says the memory card and the camera's 'door' were loose in the bottom of the washer, Melendez says he received the camera intact and removed the card from the camera himself. Exhibit #215 as presented by Connor was clearly blue, was even described by Martinez as blue. When exhibit #215 is shown to Melendez, the video doesn't show as clear a shot of it, but it does appear to be black and smaller than the bagged item Connor was handling.- odd footnote here: when Connor was showing the bagged camera on the witness stand, Martinez asked if there was something else in the bag - Connor said yes, it appeared to be a USB cord (which certainly wasn't in the inventory of things collected from the washer with the camera). Martinez is heard to instruct that the cord be removed from the bag and the bagged camera be preserved as evidence.
So it seems everyone is lying.

Bundoora, Australia

#619 Apr 27, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting
Are you White? For a moment, I thought perhaps Asian/American, since Asian females now dominate the Pharmacist's ranks in Cal. Mostly Chinese, but also Koreans and Viets. Previously mostly white males, not that many of them left. I like the tradition in many foreign countries, where they are addressed as Doctors, but obviously not in the sene of a physician. You have a great mind beyond your field and even an understanding of legal principles.
Lol, you have asians on the brain. Is that why you were talking to me? Did you have a little fantasy going on? Was that "lets keep in touch" comment mean you were thinking there was a queue lining up for you? Does GD read this forum?...I might copy and paste over to the other board :)
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#620 Apr 27, 2013
You are Not my Boss wrote:
I think from observing JA for all this time;
when the court resumes she will be composed
angry and will not be as ready to play as before she broke down.
She will compose herself, and become the old JA who was argumentative and uncooperative.
She does have MPD
and is able to facade the personalities when she needs to.
I wish they would have a psychiatrist, yes an M.D., run more testing.
I can't believe borderline is all that is going on in that cracked walnut of a head
of hers.

She is SO UGLY when she cries. it doesn't make me feel sorry for her. It makes me want to take a wooden spoon to that trick fingers of hers...lol Now you've got something to cry about. Maybe Granny will wheel over there and knock a slat out of her for good measure.

Lots of kids get disciplined. Not all turn into wild-eyed pistol wavers. I don't buy her b.s.
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#621 Apr 27, 2013
I think she is going to look like andrea yates in a few years.
She really needs to change her hair (Stabby).

http://www.bing.com/images/search...
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#622 Apr 27, 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21215...

Andrea Yates killed her kids.

Stabby killed all of Travis's unborn children he will never get to die.

Pray for the death penalty. It's only fair. And no children or parole
for Stabby. She can and will appeal. Maybe she will get
Gumby and Pokey next time around.
LA Guy

United States

#623 Apr 27, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Jodi has been caught for lies, but then there was nearly a mistrial because of perceived perjury from either Flores or Horn. Then there is the conflicting evidence from two other technicians
Heather Connor says the memory card and the camera's 'door' were loose in the bottom of the washer, Melendez says he received the camera intact and removed the card from the camera himself. Exhibit #215 as presented by Connor was clearly blue, was even described by Martinez as blue. When exhibit #215 is shown to Melendez, the video doesn't show as clear a shot of it, but it does appear to be black and smaller than the bagged item Connor was handling.- odd footnote here: when Connor was showing the bagged camera on the witness stand, Martinez asked if there was something else in the bag - Connor said yes, it appeared to be a USB cord (which certainly wasn't in the inventory of things collected from the washer with the camera). Martinez is heard to instruct that the cord be removed from the bag and the bagged camera be preserved as evidence.
So it seems everyone is lying.
Hello Pharma

Obvious you are from a legal background, thought that for some time. Pharmacists, would not lay it out like you have, nor would be so precise in the terminology. Also, obvious you are non Asian, Pak/Indian nor Arab ... yes I know that Pakistan is considered South Asian. So thus, you are a well educated clever White Girl...lol

Keep the interesting analysis coming our way:)

Stay in touch:) lolo

LA Guy

United States

#624 Apr 27, 2013
typo

lol
Surprise

Gurnee, IL

#625 Apr 27, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Pharma
Obvious you are from a legal background, thought that for some time. Pharmacists, would not lay it out like you have, nor would be so precise in the terminology. Also, obvious you are non Asian, Pak/Indian nor Arab ... yes I know that Pakistan is considered South Asian. So thus, you are a well educated clever White Girl...lol
Keep the interesting analysis coming our way:)
Stay in touch:) lolo
i picture her looking like the babe in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
not the crappy american version but the original dutch version.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Civil-rights leaders slam Gov. Ducey for Confed... 6 hr Bloodonhishands 5
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 14 hr chuckles 1,190
News Operator of electric-vehicle charging stations ... 21 hr Solarman 1
Jeff Flake Should Resign Sat Bloodonhishands 4
John McCain Sat Bloodonhishands 8
News School-voucher opponents clear key signature hu... Fri Solarman 1
Gay or Bi FaceTime (Jul '12) Fri Hossdog14 13

Peoria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peoria Mortgages