Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial

Jan 8, 2013 Full story: KTVK Phoenix 687

A nude Jodi Arias on Travis Alexander's bed. A naked Alexander in the shower. Then minutes later, an image of Alexander stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times in the heart, back, hands and torso, shot in the head, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Full Story
Define Big

Spring, TX

#355 Apr 7, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
JA was smart, in avoiding the snares of SF & LA...they were so close and more interesting, must have been a conscious decision on her part
You might want to go look up the shack where her grandparents live in Yreka and in one photo I saw, there was even a white Ford Focus parked and also the white shack where her parents live. Nefarious #4 couldn't even make enough money to have her own place to live and she was old enough to do so. By her own admission, she could not hold a job in Mesa. She was not making a living as a photographer or artist, was she? She was working at a bar at a place called Casa Ramos, not
Margaritaville.

Maybe I'm not understanding exactly what you mean by "snares"...
It Runs in the Family

Spring, TX

#356 Apr 7, 2013
http://www.siskiyoudaily.com/article/20130221...

Another Arias trying to kill someone with a knife. Things that make you go hmm.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#357 Apr 7, 2013
whataboutcaylee wrote:
<quoted text>
Being smart has nothing to do with it. The law determines the jurisdiction not JA!
You missed my obvious point. JA was smart in the sense of a female avoiding settling into the dangerous SF & LA urban zones and the nasty characters ahe would have encountered.

Wake up.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#359 Apr 7, 2013
Define Big wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to go look up the shack where her grandparents live in Yreka and in one photo I saw, there was even a white Ford Focus parked and also the white shack where her parents live. Nefarious #4 couldn't even make enough money to have her own place to live and she was old enough to do so. By her own admission, she could not hold a job in Mesa. She was not making a living as a photographer or artist, was she? She was working at a bar at a place called Casa Ramos, not
Margaritaville.
Maybe I'm not understanding exactly what you mean by "snares"...
Funny, you crack me up on that White Trash imagery. True she was not making a living on Art or Photographry, but was not afaid to work as a waitress at the likes of Denney's and small town Mex Restaurants...then up her game at Palm Desert golf clubs and trendy upscale PF Changs, btw, do you know about PF Changs, not sure they are in Texa. I admire waitresses, hard humble work.

By Snares, I met the dangers for hot smoldering JA types, in LA & SF.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#360 Apr 7, 2013
It Runs in the Family wrote:
http://www.siskiyoudaily.com/a rticle/20130221/NEWS/130229941
Another Arias trying to kill someone with a knife. Things that make you go hmm.
I was stabbed by a Mexican. It can happen. What did you think of that Plea Bargain in Cal..this Arias only got 10 years

Supposedly OJ was offered a Manslaughter Plea in LA.

Hey, Cal has a rep, for many things...lol

Have you ever thought of moving to So Cal? nice weather
wasSnowWhiteAbus ed

Michigan City, IN

#361 Apr 7, 2013
The one thing that will give LA Guy is he made me think, I had not even thought about manslaughter. I went back and reviewed. I still come up with the same conclusion. To many lies, to much evidence that points to premeditated. I dont think that the Jury is going to come back as a hung jury. I think he should go back and review the facts and quit thinking about if she is HOT or not. That has nothing to do with it. The more I read him the more I think he is a Topix Troll. Thats OK, I like to take a look at all sides. My guess is it will be 1st degree verdict, no death penalty.
Observant observer

Bethlehem, PA

#362 Apr 7, 2013
wasSnowWhiteAbused wrote:
The one thing that will give LA Guy is he made me think, I had not even thought about manslaughter. I went back and reviewed. I still come up with the same conclusion. To many lies, to much evidence that points to premeditated. I dont think that the Jury is going to come back as a hung jury. I think he should go back and review the facts and quit thinking about if she is HOT or not. That has nothing to do with it. The more I read him the more I think he is a Topix Troll. Thats OK, I like to take a look at all sides. My guess is it will be 1st degree verdict, no death penalty.
Totally agree; murder one and no DP. Also, Jodi was a lot more attractive 5 years ago, but she has lost some of her beauty. Her lawyers made a point to make her look as plain and unassuming as possible. Imo though, her staged appearance actually makes her look that much more creepier and doesn't help to make her look any more innocent then if she had dyed her hair and wore make-up. In fact, I think for her, it would have made her look more normal. They downplayed Casey Anthony too, but her fans still thought she was hot. Not that it should have mattered. With Jodi, there is enough evidence, beyond circumstantial, so I can't see how there can be a hung jury or even a manslaughter conviction.

Once the jury and courtroom hears the testimony and evidence in a case, an obvious liar and a murderer can't hide what and who they really are, and jurors will be able to have a deep sense of it.
Runs In the Family

Spring, TX

#363 Apr 7, 2013
I've a lot of ramblings and musings on the internet that I can't verify as fact.
Something about surveillance on her and that she was posturing like she was planning to flee. She allegedly had two knives in her personal belongings when they searched her new rental vehicle. She had 9 mm bullets. The 9 mm gun was found in yet another rental car. Where does she get the money for all of these car rentals?

Good thing she was arrested. She might have had someone else in mind who needed to feel her wrath.
disturbing

United States

#364 Apr 7, 2013
Observant observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree; murder one and no DP. Also, Jodi was a lot more attractive 5 years ago, but she has lost some of her beauty. Her lawyers made a point to make her look as plain and unassuming as possible. Imo though, her staged appearance actually makes her look that much more creepier and doesn't help to make her look any more innocent then if she had dyed her hair and wore make-up. In fact, I think for her, it would have made her look more normal. They downplayed Casey Anthony too, but her fans still thought she was hot. Not that it should have mattered. With Jodi, there is enough evidence, beyond circumstantial, so I can't see how there can be a hung jury or even a manslaughter conviction.
Once the jury and courtroom hears the testimony and evidence in a case, an obvious liar and a murderer can't hide what and who they really are, and jurors will be able to have a deep sense of it.
and I think there will be more migranes during rebuttle witnesses or an ouburst. She has been shooting a lot of nasty looks & smirks at martinez during laviolette testimony. Also did anyone catch he glaring at the judge as she denined the mistrial???
Runs In the Family

Spring, TX

#365 Apr 7, 2013
I think it is scary that she is taking Spanish. My guess would be she is hoping to escape and head to Mexico which may have been where she was headed when she was packing as if she was going to flee. Where does she get the money for all of her rental cars?

I remember the Sunday school teacher cheating couple who killed for insurance money tried to flee the country, went into Mexico but got arrested. I think they both got the death penalty.

Is it possible to put her on death row but just make her stay there for about 20 years so she is sure not to be released and won't be able to escape either?
disturbing

United States

#366 Apr 7, 2013
Runs In the Family wrote:
I think it is scary that she is taking Spanish. My guess would be she is hoping to escape and head to Mexico which may have been where she was headed when she was packing as if she was going to flee. Where does she get the money for all of her rental cars?
I remember the Sunday school teacher cheating couple who killed for insurance money tried to flee the country, went into Mexico but got arrested. I think they both got the death penalty.
Is it possible to put her on death row but just make her stay there for about 20 years so she is sure not to be released and won't be able to escape either?
I hope shee gets the death penalty.- the solitary on deathh row is what she deserves-not the singing contests & special treatment she has now& an audience for all her lies. She needs to be in solitary - just her & her lies!
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

#367 Apr 7, 2013
Jodi does love the courtroom and camera. She's come out of her fog sufficiently to start really getting into the legal arena. She's watching actively and reacting to testimony and rulings with facial pleasure/displeasure/anger, taking notes and talking to counsel a lot. Casey Anthony followed the same path of character development in the courtroom and stated that she planned to attend law school.
JodiIhavethisfog

Tavares, FL

#368 Apr 7, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed my obvious point. JA was smart in the sense of a female avoiding settling into the dangerous SF & LA urban zones and the nasty characters ahe would have encountered.
Wake up.
I can't wake up....I have this fog in my brain which does not enable me to pay attention to any of your sexist rants.
Runs In the Family

Spring, TX

#369 Apr 7, 2013
disturbing wrote:
<quoted text> I hope shee gets the death penalty.- the solitary on deathh row is what she deserves-not the singing contests & special treatment she has now& an audience for all her lies. She needs to be in solitary - just her & her lies!
I think the second expert witness is going to be sorry she testified for her. Unfortunately, some people think that any attention or exposure is good for book sales and speaking engagements. I had never heard of ADL until this trial even though she has been a speaker internationally, according to her introduction.

I listened to yet another speaking engagement and she revealed she was originally from New Jersey, did some Tony Soprano voice imitations, spoke about military guys with PTSD, and about her anger management groups. I remember she tried to be humorous in many places and much of it fell flat.
She tries to add levity to serious situations and sometimes it just isn't appropriate.

If she doesn't get the death penalty and gets life in prison without possibility of parole, I hope she will not be able to make money off of her story. I think much of it is b.s. because she wanted to get book and movie deals. If she hadn't added all of the salaciousness to this trial, it would not have gotten the attention that it has in the media, over the internet and also the televised court sessions. I don't really understand why the judge lets both families attend court every day. Could she not clear the courtroom except for JAA and the people testifying, herself and legal counsel?

JM was driving home that the savage murder happened in about a minute if you believe the time stamps on the camera. I believe she tampered with those and perhaps changed those or manipulated them like she has everything else. I know violence can escalate quickly, but I don't think it happened the way she said it did.

I noticed in the blogs and other things that are still up with his name on them, it seems he had deleted pics of them together and talked about finding a wife and having a family. Maybe he was at a point where he was trying to deal with his demons. Some try to say that he was a "player"...I remember Det Esteban Flores asked her why she kept going back if she knew he had moved on with other women. She claimed she moved back to Yreka because she missed her extended family. We all know she didn't get along with her parents and instead of working in their restaurant, she had to work somewhere else in town at Casa Ramos.

I have had the misfortune of meeting someone like her at one point in my life. Once I realized how that person was, I refused to ever be in their presence or let them be in mine. That was 20 years ago. This person or someone impersonating them would still do stalking over the internet. i can tell you it is very creepy but hard to stop. I asked for information about where the communications were coming from and was told I would have to have a subpoena. The crazy person has the advantage. I also read that Travis tried calling the police after the tire slashing, but the case wasn't a high priority and officers weren't dispatched.
Runs In the Family

Spring, TX

#370 Apr 8, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
Jodi does love the courtroom and camera. She's come out of her fog sufficiently to start really getting into the legal arena. She's watching actively and reacting to testimony and rulings with facial pleasure/displeasure/anger, taking notes and talking to counsel a lot. Casey Anthony followed the same path of character development in the courtroom and stated that she planned to attend law school.
I'm thinking about starting a new thread on the odd mannerisms of psychopathic killers, but I don't know if it would get any traction. Below you will see the results of psychological testing on the killer, Jeffrey McDonald who is still appealing his case even though he is in his 60's. It is quite interesting and I would love it if they would do testing on JAA. By that, I don't mean showing pics of Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs or sitting around doing imprecations of Tony Soprano. Someone needs more OXYGEN or O2 to their brain. Instead of saying yeesh, maybe we should say Yreka!

http://jeffreymacdonalddiscussionboard.yuku.c...
Runs In the Family

Spring, TX

#371 Apr 8, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was stabbed by a Mexican. It can happen. What did you think of that Plea Bargain in Cal..this Arias only got 10 years
Supposedly OJ was offered a Manslaughter Plea in LA.
Hey, Cal has a rep, for many things...lol
Have you ever thought of moving to So Cal? nice weather
http://www.bing.com/images/search...

And I've watched a Cheech and Chong movie. What is your point?

The Manson Family, the Zodiac, Ted Bundy, Jodi Arias and others lived in California. Is there something in the water or what is it that breeds so many horrific killers there?
disturbing

United States

#372 Apr 8, 2013
Runs In the Family wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking about starting a new thread on the odd mannerisms of psychopathic killers, but I don't know if it would get any traction. Below you will see the results of psychological testing on the killer, Jeffrey McDonald who is still appealing his case even though he is in his 60's. It is quite interesting and I would love it if they would do testing on JAA. By that, I don't mean showing pics of Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs or sitting around doing imprecations of Tony Soprano. Someone needs more OXYGEN or O2 to their brain. Instead of saying yeesh, maybe we should say Yreka!
http://jeffreymacdonalddiscussionboard.yuku.c...
I think jodi is to selfrightous to consider any mental issues. I believe that is why they didn't go with insanity. Did u see how insulted she got when juror questions refered to mental/memory issues....her resonses were I have excelllent memory.
guest

Charlottesville, VA

#373 Apr 8, 2013
Bundy lived in Seattle most of his life, not CA. I do find instances in both the book "The Only Living Witness" with Ted Bundy's actual words sounding shockingly similar to what Jodi has said on the stand. He would speculate but not actually say he did it until the days before his death. His own mother never believed it until he was heard in recordings "speculating" about a murder of an unknown girl in an orchard.
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

#374 Apr 8, 2013
Watching the trial live right now, there is one thing for certain: LaViolette isn't going to let any damned man get the best of her on national tv and in front of her girlfriend.
Runs in the Family

Spring, TX

#375 Apr 8, 2013
guest wrote:
Bundy lived in Seattle most of his life, not CA. I do find instances in both the book "The Only Living Witness" with Ted Bundy's actual words sounding shockingly similar to what Jodi has said on the stand. He would speculate but not actually say he did it until the days before his death. His own mother never believed it until he was heard in recordings "speculating" about a murder of an unknown girl in an orchard.
Thank you so much for your post, your information and for correcting me about California. He lived so many places. Seems like I remember Washington State, California, Utah, Colorado, etc., spending time on both the East and West coasts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 loose llamas lassoed after running amok near ... 1 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 12
are you on the right road ? 6 hr ANGEL 1
Let Jodi Arias live! Fri Justice for Jodi 1
us airways / american airlines (Aug '14) Thu Airline 19
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Thu GinaLover 737
City-Data Forum is based in North Korea! (Jun '11) Thu Stevo 11
are the goodwill stores really nonprofit? what ... Feb 23 Leslie 4

Flood Watch for Maricopa County was issued at February 28 at 3:00AM MST

Peoria Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Peoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:25 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:25PM
Darnell Dockett leads long list of NFL veterans cut
Bleacher Report 1:31 PM
Cardinals Release DT Darnell Dockett
ESPN 2:02 PM
Instead of payday, Dockett cut by Cardinals
Yahoo! Sports 2:29 PM
Cardinals cut veteran DT Dockett
Bleacher Report 4:06 PM
Cards Release of Dockett a Necessary Evil for 2015