Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial

Jan 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTVK Phoenix

A nude Jodi Arias on Travis Alexander's bed. A naked Alexander in the shower. Then minutes later, an image of Alexander stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times in the heart, back, hands and torso, shot in the head, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Comments (Page 17)

Showing posts 321 - 340 of679
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

LOL, hybrid! I always enjoy your posts. I find you to be very kind and not "biting" in to some of the crap people post. You have set a good example for me and I will do my best not to bite.

I still want to watch Martinez cross examine LaViolette just to see how she reacts. I remember her saying in her testimony that "behaviour is evidence." If she truly believes that, then she ought to know Arias pulled the wool over her eyes, as an "expert witness" and professional.

I have been enjoying watching human behaviour throughout this whole trial.
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

I learned a long time ago to ignore nonsense. It bores me.

The human factor has been great and just keeps expanding. LaViolette and Martinez should be funny. His Snow White cross didn't get off the ground so I'm ready for Monday's sparks to fly.

I can't decide whether she really got the wool pulled over her eyes or she's just a biased defense witness. I'd rather think she was dense than full of bs, but I'm leaning toward the latter. Either way, she's passive aggressive and transparent and I flip flop between being irritated by her and shame that we share the same gender.
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

I'm getting ready to turn into a pumpkin in this time zone, so I'll read posts and catch up in the morning.

Everyone have an excellent night and enjoy sleeping later tomorrow.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Perhaps I need to keep the kid in me in check and let it out more for the fun than to bite.

It will be good to see how the rest of the cross will go on Monday. I am sure Martinez has a slew of issues to take up with LaViolette. I would still like to know how she can be so sure of her findings, given so many lies were told by Arias. Also not known is the full context of the emails she relied upon (at least to my knowledge).

If LaViolette did not get the wool pulled over her eyes, then it does not speak much about her professional abilities. But perhaps she got caught up in the spectacle of the whole trial, maybe thinking how she can gain from it ($).

More than anything, I am disappointed in her. I feel like she sold out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Have a good night's rest, hybrid.
wasSnowWhiteAbus ed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Once Again, please take note:
It is not ucommon for Battered Women to pre-arms themselves, drive aimelessly, and engage in a variety of irritational activities, prior to an incident, if one occurs at all. Many go through this routine and do not violenty engage their lover, unless another incident occurs that sets them off. Some pre-arm themselves as what they ill conceive as an Insurance Policy, last resort lifesaver. Granted, all bordering on insanity. When they do snap, even gruesome overkill in not uncommon.
Jody's actions did not occur in a vacuum. Turbulent sex fueled relationshipt with TA. Kinky element of tying, verbal abuse, agressive dominat sex play. She did not sneak up on him, he let her in as usual and they played games for hours.
Something happen in the last Fifteen minutes, as is usual and common when one of the lovers is pushed over the edge and snaps.
Now, do you understand why this is a Manslaughter case.
Once again, there is not any evidence to support Jodi's claim that she was abused. No police report, no text message that said "why did you kick me in the ribs", No email that said "WHy did you choke me until I passed out." No doctors visits. It's only Jodi's word against a dead man. She has lied to much. The defense has offered nothing to support the battered woman defense except for Samuals and Laviolett. They based their opinions off of what Jodi told them. Lies in, garbage out. Then when you consider the stolen gun, gas containers, cell phone being off,having the sense to take the gun, rope and other things and hiding them. It makes the fog and I can't remember defense impossible to believe.

I understand the battered woman defense, it just isnt going to fly here. Now do you understand why it is 1st degree. Quit assuming that anything that the defense has said is truth, in rebuttle JM will eat them up. I'm not a lover of his style but I think that the rebuttle witness's are going to be bad for Jodi.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

wasSnowWhiteAbused wrote:
<quoted text>

I understand the battered woman defense, it just isnt going to fly here. Now do you understand why it is 1st degree. Quit assuming that anything that the defense has said is truth, in rebuttle JM will eat them up. I'm not a lover of his style but I think that the rebuttle witness's are going to be bad for Jodi.
All the defense has to work with is their client, a known liar and their expert witnesses, that so far has not worked too well for them.(They should have vetted them out better.) All remains to be seen with LaViolette.

It has been said that if this crime happened somewhere else, it would be your "garden variety" murder and it would be charged as Manslaughter or a lesser offense. The thing is it did not happen somewhere else and it was charged as First Degree. When the jury renders its verdict, it may end up being something else but until then, it is still First Degree no matter what someone thinks it should be. It is not charged as Manslaughter but First Degree. It is too late now to change the charge.

As for rebuttal witnesses, I really look forward to hearing them. Too bad I will likely miss a good part of it due to a prior engagement but I will catch up as much as I can when I am able.

I tend to agree with you though. I think the rebuttal witnesses will not be good for Arias.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Cock A Doodle wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much for this information. I will probably smile all evening. She needs to fall off her high horse. She's as full of b.s. as Jodi.
LMAO! I am going back, reading postsand 'listening' to Arias's trial Day 16 when I came across your post. I had a good laugh! It reminded me of a sign a friend of mine had. It said, "That high horse you're sitting on is actually a camel with a hump up its ass." LOL!

And it's refreshing and wonderful to hear LaViolette's speaking engagements have been cancelled. Almost feels like a form of justice. Or "karma" as they say.

Another good laugh!!

Hope everyone has a fun weekend.
Cock a Doodle

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

I wonder if Jodi watched Big Love. Never mind. The episode on Blood Atonement aired in 2010.

http://www.hbo.com/big-love/index.html#/big-l...

Regardless, that show gave a wealth of information about mainstream Mormons as well as the splinter group of fundamentalist Mormons who practiced "the principle" which required a minimum of three wives to enter heaven and which had no limits on how many wives one man could have.

If Jodi wanted to marry so badly, she should have put her hair in one braid, bought some prairie dresses and headed to the compound at Eldorado, Tx.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Once again, there is not any evidence to support Jodi's claim that she was abused. No police report, no text message that said "why did you kick me in the ribs", No email that said "WHy did you choke me until I passed out." No doctors visits. It's only Jodi's word against a dead man. She has lied to much. The defense has offered nothing to support the battered woman defense except for Samuals and Laviolett. They based their opinions off of what Jodi told them. Lies in, garbage out. Then when you consider the stolen gun, gas containers, cell phone being off,having the sense to take the gun, rope and other things and hiding them. It makes the fog and I can't remember defense impossible to believe.
Oh, there is no independant evidence.

The tapes/texts mssges may just suffice with one or more of the jurors...regardless of expert wits

Once again, helping you understand this
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Cock a Doodle wrote:
I wonder if Jodi watched Big Love. Never mind. The episode on Blood Atonement aired in 2010.
http://www.hbo.com/big-love/index.html#/big-l...
Regardless, that show gave a wealth of information about mainstream Mormons as well as the splinter group of fundamentalist Mormons who practiced "the principle" which required a minimum of three wives to enter heaven and which had no limits on how many wives one man could have.
If Jodi wanted to marry so badly, she should have put her hair in one braid, bought some prairie dresses and headed to the compound at Eldorado, Tx.
Funny
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

JA was smart, in avoiding the snares of SF & LA...they were so close and more interesting, must have been a conscious decision on her part
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>

JA's lies...JM's rebuttal

At this point, more than likely a MOOT point

The jury is already split, at least three hold outs, will remain so
Define Big

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, there is no independant evidence.
The tapes/texts mssges may just suffice with one or more of the jurors...regardless of expert wits
Once again, helping you understand this
There is nothing in any of the expert witness testimony or other evidence entered that makes it okay for let's go, HoJo, to almost decapitate a person, stab them in the heart, stab them in the back (had to be in a tight space), and shoot him in the head such that it went through his temporal lobes. Then, she goes out and buy a 9 mm gun. Have you ever fired a 9 mm gun? They are very powerful. Thank goodness she was arrested. It probably saved lives. With her twisted thinking, she very well could have killed again.
concerned mother

Cottontown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy how do know the jury is split with at least three hold outs? I thought we had to wait till the trial was over to know those things. Maybe a juror is talking to people they shouldnt be. Also if her she gets away with this and doesnt seek mental help i hope she doesnt do it again
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Define Big wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing in any of the expert witness testimony or other evidence entered that makes it okay for let's go, HoJo, to almost decapitate a person, stab them in the heart, stab them in the back (had to be in a tight space), and shoot him in the head such that it went through his temporal lobes. Then, she goes out and buy a 9 mm gun. Have you ever fired a 9 mm gun? They are very powerful. Thank goodness she was arrested. It probably saved lives. With her twisted thinking, she very well could have killed again.
Define Big

In an ironic sense, the gruesome nature, leans to mentaly impaired defense. Although entirely different circumstances, not even the LA DA opted for the DP in OJ. Two killed, wife almost decapitated.

Do not like it at all that JA had acquired a 9mm, she may have had more on her mind than killing herself or for portection on the long highays. She's was in a dark zone. As to female killers of their lover, most are released and live model life's. Jody needs a stern sentence of 15 years. This still remain a Manslaughter case.

So if you are a Big Girl, next time you visit Disneyland in So-Cal, google Large'n Lovely Parties or More 2 Luv. I mentioined earlier the B&D clubs. Something for everyone in LA.
Define Big

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

My understanding is that she bought the 9 mm after she returned home, allegedly to take on a camping trip with two guys.

She must be paranoid about eating the jail food. Does she think someone will poison her or spit in her food?

She was really stupid to commit the crime in Mesa, Az. The only thing that could have been worse is if she had committed the crime in Salt Lake City, Utah. I bet Ryan Burns feels very relieved she is in jail.

You seem to be delusional about the case. She wanted to enter a plea and get a lesser charge and was told no.

Whatever it is that you are ingesting, you might want to switch to something else. ;-}

In the meantime, watch the video of Nefarious Ugly...she got hit with an ugly stick. It's quite amusing. A collage of her facial expressions. Enjoy!

“LEST WE FORGET...”

Since: Apr 09

MT DORA FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

LA Guy wrote:
JA was smart, in avoiding the snares of SF & LA...they were so close and more interesting, must have been a conscious decision on her part
Being smart has nothing to do with it. The law determines the jurisdiction not JA!

“LEST WE FORGET...”

MT DORA FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

concerned mother wrote:
LA Guy how do know the jury is split with at least three hold outs? I thought we had to wait till the trial was over to know those things. Maybe a juror is talking to people they shouldnt be. Also if her she gets away with this and doesnt seek mental help i hope she doesnt do it again
The LAGuy knows everything, doncha know?

“LEST WE FORGET...”

MT DORA FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Once Again, please take note:
It is not ucommon for Battered Women to pre-arms themselves, drive aimelessly, and engage in a variety of irritational activities, prior to an incident, if one occurs at all. Many go through this routine and do not violenty engage their lover, unless another incident occurs that sets them off. Some pre-arm themselves as what they ill conceive as an Insurance Policy, last resort lifesaver. Granted, all bordering on insanity. When they do snap, even gruesome overkill in not uncommon.
Jody's actions did not occur in a vacuum. Turbulent sex fueled relationshipt with TA. Kinky element of tying, verbal abuse, agressive dominat sex play. She did not sneak up on him, he let her in as usual and they played games for hours.
Something happen in the last Fifteen minutes, as is usual and common when one of the lovers is pushed over the edge and snaps.
Now, do you understand why this is a Manslaughter case.
Sanctimonius....use dictionary.com , Mr MAMan.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 321 - 340 of679
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Peoria Discussions

Search the Peoria Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
City-Data Forum (Aug '09) 21 hr Misha 376
Fat people holding up the line Sat Bubba 7
How Phoenix Convicted A Transgender Woman For W... Sat Bubba 2
4 Arizonans indicted, 1 arrested in national st... Sat in excess 2
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Sat GinaLover 552
subuxone Sat boodia 4
AZ Who do you support for Governor in Arizona in 2... (Oct '10) Apr 6 illegals r criminals 448
•••
•••
•••
•••

Peoria Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Peoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance