Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial

Jan 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTVK Phoenix

A nude Jodi Arias on Travis Alexander's bed. A naked Alexander in the shower. Then minutes later, an image of Alexander stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times in the heart, back, hands and torso, shot in the head, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Comments
201 - 220 of 679 Comments Last updated Jun 4, 2013
Tex Empires

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
did you see the time stamp of the memory card?
Did you listen to the the ME report of the sequence of events?
He was stabbed first. The gun shot happened so late in proceedings he may have already been dead.
Travis was a closer for a multi level marketing company that essentially scams friends. Of course his friends like him. It is a pyramid scheme.
Did she shoot him in the head so that even if he lived, he unlikely would be able to remember anything? She had already slit his throat so that he couldn't talk. I guess his kitchen knives wouldn't do. What kind of knife did she kill him with?

How can they be shaving themselves and having sex one minute and all of the sudden it turns deadly? I saw a similar scene where a guy who didn't know his victim preyed on a realtor. He even went as far as to bite her on the neck like a wild animal because she fought him. Does anyone get it when law enforcement says it is one of the most gruesome crime scenes they had witnessed? It still seems unreal she could do all of that alone. It seems she could have poisoned him with arsenic instead or drugged him, put him in her car and drove him out into the desert and buried him. Lots of options. Nothing she did makes any sense. He is dead or dying and she is cleaning the house, washing sheets, etc. She is beyond bizarre. More psychiatric tests, please. What is her IQ anyway? I think Casey Anthony tested out with a high IQ and she walked. What is Jodi's IQ?

STM

“Your talk is cheap”

Since: Feb 09

Your lies are weak

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
not that uncommon between lovers, particuallry when abuse is involved and there is some evidence of that. Keep in mind the burden upon the State (Beyond a Reasonable Doubt).
Correction, the burden of prof rest on jodi and her defense team, that's going to be a hard hurdle to get over since she is a proven liar.

Burden of proof

Because an affirmative defense requires an assertion of facts beyond those claimed by the plaintiff, generally the party who offers an affirmative defense bears the burden of proof.[6] The standard of proof is typically lower than beyond a reasonable doubt. It can either be proved by clear and convincing evidence or by a preponderance of the evidence.
nunely

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

STM wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction, the burden of prof rest on jodi and her defense team, that's going to be a hard hurdle to get over since she is a proven liar.
Burden of proof
Because an affirmative defense requires an assertion of facts beyond those claimed by the plaintiff, generally the party who offers an affirmative defense bears the burden of proof.[6] The standard of proof is typically lower than beyond a reasonable doubt. It can either be proved by clear and convincing evidence or by a preponderance of the evidence.
burden of proof is on the state
nunely

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

if you listen closely , jodi explains how she killed mr alexander using the ninja characters while explaining her version of the ninja attack on mr alexander.

Since: Jan 13

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Tex Empires wrote:
<quoted text>
When I went looking for answers, I stumbled onto the shower pics and the theory that Jodi had accomplices. I also found the story about how his brother had used Travis to stay out of trouble himself. I would have some compassion for Jodi if she wasn't just playing head games with the PTSD and amnesia. Unless she has dissociative disorder or some other psychological explanation for only having amnesia surrounding the death, I can't imagine how she remembers every detail of their sex life but not something far more emotional like killing him so brutally. I do not have any agenda except an interest in criminology and psychology. I can't believe that all they found in her psychological profile was PTSD and amnesia. Due to her ability to manipulate and mesmerize males, I would venture she is a sociopath and does not need to be walking the streets free EVER.
I think this trial has taken its toll and she is not longer mesmerizing to anyone. People talk about the glasses and brown hair but the stress shows in her face. The joy has gone. I don't think she is the same person.

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

STM wrote:
<quoted text>
Burden of proof
I found a post from someone else.
Essentially the gist of it is that in 2006 AZ toughened its laws because of a famous trial where someone said self defence. People didn't think it was fair that the person went to jail. The bar has been raised even higher for the prosecution. It was always on the prosecution to prove, now the level of proof is higher in AZ than other states.

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Tex Empires wrote:
<quoted text>
Did she shoot him in the head so that even if he lived, he unlikely would be able to remember anything? She had already slit his throat so that he couldn't talk. I guess his kitchen knives wouldn't do. What kind of knife did she kill him with?
How can they be shaving themselves and having sex one minute and all of the sudden it turns deadly? I saw a similar scene where a guy who didn't know his victim preyed on a realtor. He even went as far as to bite her on the neck like a wild animal because she fought him. Does anyone get it when law enforcement says it is one of the most gruesome crime scenes they had witnessed? It still seems unreal she could do all of that alone. It seems she could have poisoned him with arsenic instead or drugged him, put him in her car and drove him out into the desert and buried him. Lots of options. Nothing she did makes any sense. He is dead or dying and she is cleaning the house, washing sheets, etc. She is beyond bizarre. More psychiatric tests, please. What is her IQ anyway? I think Casey Anthony tested out with a high IQ and she walked. What is Jodi's IQ?
And she killed him and cleaned up all in 30 minutes before Enrique got home by bus.

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

hybridlment wrote:
<quoted text>
In all my years, I've heard it from a man, who was indeed a jerk of the first order. But I didn't shoot him, stab him 29 times and slit his throat.
I've not heard that the computer was Deanna's. Do you think it was removed from his home by Jodi?
EArly in the trial the technician gave evidence that the computer had Deanna's name in it as the owner.
The computer history shows he was watching videos at 3am which is what Jodi said he was doing when she turned up. So I think it is the computer Travis has been using for a while. However, how long has it been in his possession? If there is any truth in Jodi's claim about pedophilia then did he get rid of his computer and/or swap it with Deanna?
So you heard pedophile things from a man and you never thought to report it?
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

STM wrote:
<quoted text>
Burden of proof
well, well, you thought you were slick .. law professors could disuss these nuances for for years .. the beyond a reasonable burden is on the State to disprove an an affirmavie defense and ultimately is determined by the trier of fact .. now, go ahead a do some more research, but if you come back get in into perspective, byond the abstract

some ther posters here, put your ass in check, now did'nt they
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Stabbed first - Not premeditated
Shot First - Premeditated

FYI - Premeditation could be a moot point, if jury buys in simple terms that T'As actions scrambled her brains
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Tex

JA's IQ relatively high, about 128

Casey' boderline dumb...perhap merely rumored to be above average, probably more like in the lower marginal range of about 95, like Sara Pallin's

“LEST WE FORGET...”

Since: Apr 09

MT DORA FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
well, well, you thought you were slick .. law professors could disuss these nuances for for years .. the beyond a reasonable burden is on the State to disprove an an affirmavie defense and ultimately is determined by the trier of fact .. now, go ahead a do some more research, but if you come back get in into perspective, byond the abstract
some ther posters here, put your ass in check, now did'nt they
My opinion is that you are one rude, arrogant SOB; of the highest order.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

whataboutcaylee wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion is that you are one rude, arrogant SOB; of the highest order.
Why don't you get a new Avatar and stage name, stop capitilizing on tragic Caylee....her pos mom Cassey, shoud have been hung after a one day special trial, or shipped over to China for a one day trial and if convicted shot that day

JA is not Cassie, although she deserves her ptitfull ass to be locked up for 15 years.

Most of you posters can't take the truth. LA Guy handled all of you with the utmost of repect, but I'm at the point of just frank speech.

Will reiterte, you shoulkd be shamed of yourself for capitilazing on Calley and getting some perceived higher ground with you moniker.

Just read on Yahoo News where it has already cost the State of AZ iver 1.4 Million ib footing the bil for her dfense, since she is indegent .. they shoukd have harged her with the appropirate crim if MJanskaugher and she wukd hve plead guiklty.
A Reader

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

I have a question regarding the manslaughter plea.

I do remember reading that JA was willing to plead to manslaughter, but, the state wouldn't go for it & wanted the DP. It would have save the taxpayers plenty of $$$.

I'm just curious as to why the state wouldn't go for it? Is it b/c they figure they have a slam-dunk DP case? Is it for political reasons? Did TA's family have anything to do with putting the DP on the table?(Can't blame them).

Does anyone know?

“LEST WE FORGET...”

MT DORA FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

A Reader wrote:
I have a question regarding the manslaughter plea.
I do remember reading that JA was willing to plead to manslaughter, but, the state wouldn't go for it & wanted the DP. It would have save the taxpayers plenty of $$$.
I'm just curious as to why the state wouldn't go for it? Is it b/c they figure they have a slam-dunk DP case? Is it for political reasons? Did TA's family have anything to do with putting the DP on the table?(Can't blame them).
Does anyone know?
The DA and office have the ethical duty to study the evidence and to come up with the highest charge that the evidence will support. Obviously they have plenty of evidence and most think it supports the charge of premeditation. I certainly think it supports a much higher charge than the manslaughter that LAGuy supports. That would be laughable if not so tragic. Financial considerations such as how much the trial will cost should not enter into the analysis.

“LEST WE FORGET...”

MT DORA FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you get a new Avatar and stage name, stop capitilizing on tragic Caylee....her pos mom Cassey, shoud have been hung after a one day special trial, or shipped over to China for a one day trial and if convicted shot that day
JA is not Cassie, although she deserves her ptitfull ass to be locked up for 15 years.
Most of you posters can't take the truth. LA Guy handled all of you with the utmost of repect, but I'm at the point of just frank speech.
Will reiterte, you shoulkd be shamed of yourself for capitilazing on Calley and getting some perceived higher ground with you moniker.
Just read on Yahoo News where it has already cost the State of AZ iver 1.4 Million ib footing the bil for her dfense, since she is indegent .. they shoukd have harged her with the appropirate crim if MJanskaugher and she wukd hve plead guiklty.
Caylee - not Calley
Casey - Cassey
reiterate - no reiterte
If I want to have a moniker as you called it of the Country of South Africa I will. BTW, I did not change the avatar at your beheast. It was already change.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

whataboutcaylee wrote:
<quoted text>
Caylee - not Calley
Casey - Cassey
reiterate - no reiterte
If I want to have a moniker as you called it of the Country of South Africa I will. BTW, I did not change the avatar at your beheast. It was already change.
I like you. LAG works too hard in his professional job to be concerned about his typos. Hey, but he refers to me now as Ramblin Rose instead of 253, so there may be hope for him yet.

Believe it or not Los Angeles is not all that bad, especially if you have an inflated ego.

;)
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
EArly in the trial the technician gave evidence that the computer had Deanna's name in it as the owner.
The computer history shows he was watching videos at 3am which is what Jodi said he was doing when she turned up. So I think it is the computer Travis has been using for a while. However, how long has it been in his possession? If there is any truth in Jodi's claim about pedophilia then did he get rid of his computer and/or swap it with Deanna?
So you heard pedophile things from a man and you never thought to report it?
I wasn't referring to pedophilia. There isn't any proof that he said anything to her that was considered pedophiliac in nature. I meant that I'd been called names, had the phone hung up, rejected, etc. by a man and I didn't murder him. I'm pretty glad at this point in my life that I didn't, too.

I don't put a lot of thought into the Deanna computer. I've always inherited my techie son's "old" computers and he was left as a user on them. It could be a big switcheroo, but with nothing but Jodi's statement that she saw hard copies of pictures of little boys, I haven't considered that allegation as very important in this case. Pedophilia isn't something you just do for kinky sex every once in awhile; it would be evident in other areas when scrutinized as closely as his life has now been.
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this trial has taken its toll and she is not longer mesmerizing to anyone. People talk about the glasses and brown hair but the stress shows in her face. The joy has gone. I don't think she is the same person.
Definitely taken a toll. I think Jodi went into this trial with all confidence that she was going to be able to out talk and think everyone, and has realized that she's not as brilliant at deception as she thought. What worked for her before isn't working now because she's in a different venue; one that is dedicated to uncovering truths and revealing lies. The people in her life that she's always duped with her lies either didn't care or figured it out and went away, so it wasn't a problem. In this arena, it's digging deeper, exposing more and won't go away. She's scared.
Tex Empires

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

I watched some footage just to check out her mannerisms. She was doing things like pushing her glasses up when reading whereas most people would put them on their head like sunglasses if they didn't need them. If she doesn't use them to read, what is the purpose? I noticed when the one who diagnosed her with PTSD was on the stand, she took her glasses off. Then she started with the tongue poking out and licking her lips. Did anyone else catch this? She wears clothes that look like something Goodwill would reject. She has those wispy bangs and hair clips which was a style I used in fifth grade to attract someone's attention. I have also watched footage of her where she said she needed to apologize to a dog she kicked that ran away when she was in high school, but she refused any sort of apology or remorse for what she did to Travis Alexander. Her trying to blame this on her parents seems like a last ditch effort. Many, many people were physically disciplined, probably way worse than her and have not killed in this manner. I think Travis was seeing through her b.s. and called her out on her self-centered, sociopathic tendencies.

I looked up the BDSM scene and it said some bring knife and gun play into the arena. I'm wondering if she convinced him to take it to this level and offered some kind of I'll do this for you after you let me do this to you and he went for it. I don't know the case as well as others. I don't eat, breathe, sleep and obsess over the case. I'm interested in criminology, particularly the psychology of women who kill in this manner. Does anyone wonder why she washed the bed sheets. Maybe some golden or even brown showers going on? I know it's gross, but that might explain the shower scene. Just tossing out some tidbits here and there. Take what you like and leave the rest behind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Peoria Discussions

Search the Peoria Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Females become nurses just to leer at nude male... 11 hr Cow Tipper 8 5
Floods force dramatic rescues in Phoenix area 12 hr MIKETOUHY 1
Uncle Niece sex....Incest? Relationship? (Aug '13) 13 hr els 17
Ace Hardware is RUDE 15 hr Bernie Lomax 18
Review: Choi Orthodontics Tue Clarksmith 6
Nostradamus (Jan '14) Mon nobody 62
prostitutes on 27th ave (Jan '10) Mon hookerhelpingpimp... 45
•••
•••