Brewer Considers Immigration Law Changes

Brewer Considers Immigration Law Changes

There are 49 comments on the WFMZ story from Jul 30, 2010, titled Brewer Considers Immigration Law Changes. In it, WFMZ reports that:

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer is asking legislators to consider whether they should change the state's immigration law in the wake of a judge's ruling blocking enforcement of parts of it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Taxpayer

AOL

#44 Aug 5, 2010
Suezanne wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure illegals should be run out, they are a drain on our system, or make them all citizens and pay taxes.
Make them earn their citizen status as others have done before them.

“Learning from others is good.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#45 Aug 5, 2010
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> Make them earn their citizen status as others have done before them.
Yes, 1st earn their citizen status.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#46 Aug 5, 2010
Suezanne wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, 1st earn their citizen status.
Like you did????

“Learning from others is good.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#47 Aug 5, 2010
laojim wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you did????
New Member ???? I never heard of U . You must be an alien with a name like that.
Edward

Manisa, Turkey

#48 Aug 5, 2010
laojim wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the maxims of the the law is Qui Bono, who benefits? If you look at the current situation you see who benefits. Business owners and managers benefit because they get cheap labor. Landlords and property owners benefit because demand keeps their prices up. Many people benefit from having a large pool of exploitable workers, customers, and renters. Some people do not benefit, like people looking for a job that pays well. When you look at who tends to have access to and who has the ear of the elected officials you see that it is those who tend to benefit from the presence of the undocumented migrants. It is clear, therefore, that the undocumented migrants are likely to not be run out of the country by those who are or who are associated with the folks who will lose if all the migrants go home. I mean the pols and the folks that they meet at the country club, the yacht club, and other such places.
So leave the poor immigrants alone and go after the people who are inviting them and enabling them to stay. Go after the shop owner. Go after the landlords. If they won't help in your desire to rid the nation of immigrants then you might as well give up.
The saying goes, "If you give an inch, they'll take a foot..." If we give up in fighting what is right for our country, we allow dope addicts, crooks, terrorists and other kinds of illegal aliens to run our country (bad enough we have those guys in Washington who have self-interest agendas). The right thing to do when one enters another country is to enter legally - what's so difficult about that. If you live in the Northeastern part of the US, you think you are in the middle east. I have lived with families from Iran, Iraq, Afgan, etc, while I was working for DOD in the DC area. Most of these policital asylums, so to speak, famiiies are permanent welfare recepients from the Federal and States and living on American taxpayers generosity. Our States and Federal Government allow these people to maintained a free lifestyles at taxpayers expense. Getting rid of illegal aliens are only a tip of the ice...we have other things beside illegal aliens but we can not -- ever let our guards down in continuing to pressure our elected representatives in Washington, from the President, our Congress, to our local Governments and law enforcements to 'unite' in their efforts and get rid of all the cancers that are causing most of our problems in the U.S. More taxpayers money are spent overseas in countries that have nothing to do with the U.S.A. We have lots of problems in our own back yards, when we should be spending tax payers hard earned money. Simply saying, "fix our problems at home before you go overseas to fix other countries' problems."

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#49 Aug 5, 2010
Suezanne wrote:
<quoted text>
New Member ???? I never heard of U . You must be an alien with a name like that.
Don't try to change the subject. I asked if you had done anything to earn your citizenship as you seem to suppose that others must do. I certainly didn't. Why should they?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#50 Aug 5, 2010
Edward wrote:
<quoted text>
The saying goes, "If you give an inch, they'll take a foot..." If we give up in fighting what is right for our country, we allow dope addicts, crooks, terrorists and other kinds of illegal aliens to run our country (bad enough we have those guys in Washington who have self-interest agendas). The right thing to do when one enters another country is to enter legally - what's so difficult about that. If you live in the Northeastern part of the US, you think you are in the middle east. I have lived with families from Iran, Iraq, Afgan, etc, while I was working for DOD in the DC area. Most of these policital asylums, so to speak, famiiies are permanent welfare recepients from the Federal and States and living on American taxpayers generosity. Our States and Federal Government allow these people to maintained a free lifestyles at taxpayers expense. Getting rid of illegal aliens are only a tip of the ice...we have other things beside illegal aliens but we can not -- ever let our guards down in continuing to pressure our elected representatives in Washington, from the President, our Congress, to our local Governments and law enforcements to 'unite' in their efforts and get rid of all the cancers that are causing most of our problems in the U.S. More taxpayers money are spent overseas in countries that have nothing to do with the U.S.A. We have lots of problems in our own back yards, when we should be spending tax payers hard earned money. Simply saying, "fix our problems at home before you go overseas to fix other countries' problems."
You don't seem to understand that the only reason there is a drug trade in Mexico and elsewhere is that the USA is full of good red white and blue flag saluting dope fiends who will pay absolutely anything to support their habits. Dopers don't migrate because they are usually not in shape for the rigors of the hike across the desert. American dopers want Mexicans drugs. They need Mexican drugs and the Mexicans are simply fighting each other for the Yankee dollars that they can make by supplying those desperate fools.

The Taliban, on the other hand, stopped the drug trade. We got rid of them and got the drug trade back. Oh, great victory! The drug war is a fraud and a sham intended by the Nixon administration to allow the blacks to be kept in line while doing away with all those pesky and troublesome civil rights. Mote to the point, the drug war is and always will be a complete and abject failure. Drugs are winning. The Taliban are winning. The Mexicans are winning. Might as well haul down the flag and try something else.

“Learning from others is good.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#51 Aug 5, 2010
laojim wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try to change the subject. I asked if you had done anything to earn your citizenship as you seem to suppose that others must do. I certainly didn't. Why should they?
I guess because it is the law, and I was born in the USA.

What hole did U crawl out of ?

Sure I feel for these illegal immigrants, what they have to go through, but that is the law.

“Learning from others is good.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#52 Aug 5, 2010
laojim wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try to change the subject. I asked if you had done anything to earn your citizenship as you seem to suppose that others must do. I certainly didn't. Why should they?
I have a simple answer for you:

maybe USA cannot hold everyone. Hec, we don't have enough jobs and resources to go around for the people that are citizens like you and I. Times are tough right now for everyone.

Even when things arn't tough here in the states, when things get better, this country can only hold so many people here unfortunately.

It's just too bad these poor countries can't treat their people right so everyone won't have the desire to come here in the states.

As bad as things are here, which really is not that bad, the United States of America is the only place where I want to live.

This is still a FREE country with opportunities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i hate jews! 4 hr straight whitey 1
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 5 hr chuckles 904
News A big chunk of Donald Trumpa s supporters were ... 8 hr Caca De Toro 21
Stupid Loretta Lynch, You Are Paid To Be Active... 17 hr Quite Outrageous 1
News Undercover at a retirement community (Nov '11) 17 hr renee662003 25
learn to code this summer! Wed Jjjj 2
Frito lay lies to customers and employees (Dec '15) Wed guest 68

Peoria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peoria Mortgages