Humboldt Hill standoff leads to disco...

Humboldt Hill standoff leads to discovery of body in Arizona

There are 20 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Feb 2, 2010, titled Humboldt Hill standoff leads to discovery of body in Arizona. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

The story of a 48-year-old man who took his life following a New Year's Eve standoff with Humboldt County authorities has taken another grim turn, with the recent discovery of what law enforcement believes to be the body of his roommate in an Arizona desert.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

goodnews

San Jose, CA

#1 Feb 2, 2010
The good news is he killed himself saving taxpayers the costs associated with a trial and prison.
Walk the plank

United States

#2 Feb 2, 2010
Welcome home son, it's suppertime.
Scary dude

United States

#3 Feb 2, 2010
Man, that's a genuine evil, scary dude. I am glad he took himself out.
eureka ca

Houston, TX

#4 Feb 2, 2010
yahhhhhhhhhh, we are all glad this dude took his own life after he did seemed to be one evil, SCARY dude as i think all our local law enforcement officer we straight up scared of him to. as that's why the standoff took, sooooooooooooooooo, long. as there must of been every police & sheriff up there on mesa that night, as all's police & fire scanner's were just a hopin that night with this cold blooded murder's b/s . as how his poor mom & ect doing that was in the home when all heck broke loose that night. what a horriable ordeal for a mom to go threw in her own home.however im glad this mental case took himself out, & all other's in the home are ok & got out of there before he took them all out to with him.
In the dark

New Bern, NC

#5 Feb 2, 2010
The neighbor whose dog crapped in Hawkins' yard every morning is breathing a sigh of relief about now.
eureka ca

Houston, TX

#6 Feb 2, 2010
what a mess im glad this sicko took himself out 1 less cold blooeded killer in our area walking free to to more damage, sorry it had to take place in his own mother's house. i sincerily hope she is doing ok. along with all the other's that were in the home during this mess.
Save the Humans

United States

#7 Feb 2, 2010
Check out his brothers story in the North Coast Journal. This man was allegedly a victim of abuse as a child. Some people can get over it, some can't. I don't feel that bad for the mother, she can do that herself. If she allowed her sons to be abused by her husband, she deserves this kind of agony. You can never run from yourself.
eureka ca

Houston, TX

#8 Feb 2, 2010
this man would not have lasted to long in prison either he would have hung himself or someone would have messed him up, for all the killing's he had done. what a evil no good piece of crap. the best part of him must of ran down his dad's leg. im glad all that was in his mom's house got out all safe & sound before he took them out before take-ing himself out.as i don't understand why all of our law enforcement officer's let this standoff go on for so freaken long. what was wrong with all of them why didn't they shoot this sucker. as all officer's acted scared of him to,as they all just stood around up there talking to on another on there radio's for hour's from what i herd. my thoughts & prayer's go out to this man's mother & all in the mom's home at the time of this messed up long lasting ordeal.
LOL

Valencia, CA

#9 Feb 2, 2010
Save the Humans wrote:
Check out his brothers story in the North Coast Journal. This man was allegedly a victim of abuse as a child. Some people can get over it, some can't. I don't feel that bad for the mother, she can do that herself. If she allowed her sons to be abused by her husband, she deserves this kind of agony. You can never run from yourself.
10,000 days in the fire is long enough...
Vintage Avenger

United States

#10 Feb 2, 2010
eureka ca wrote:
i don't understand why all of our law enforcement officer's let this standoff go on for so freaken long. what was wrong with all of them why didn't they shoot this sucker. as all officer's acted scared of him to,as they all just stood around up there talking to on another on there radio's for hour's from what i herd.
Maybe you should volunteer to go into an unfamiliar house where someone is lying in wait, with a gun. Not to mention that this someone is ready to go out in flames. Go ahead with your bad self, Mr. Tombstone Courage!
Chemp

Lafayette, CA

#11 Feb 2, 2010
"Humboldt Hill standoff leads to discovery of body in Arizona"

Wow! That must have taken a G-O-O-D pair of binoculars!
a nono

Arcata, CA

#12 Feb 2, 2010
eureka ca wrote:
this man would not have lasted to long in prison either he would have hung himself or someone would have messed him up, for all the killing's he had done. what a evil no good piece of crap. the best part of him must of ran down his dad's leg. im glad all that was in his mom's house got out all safe & sound before he took them out before take-ing himself out.as i don't understand why all of our law enforcement officer's let this standoff go on for so freaken long. what was wrong with all of them why didn't they shoot this sucker. as all officer's acted scared of him to,as they all just stood around up there talking to on another on there radio's for hour's from what i herd. my thoughts & prayer's go out to this man's mother & all in the mom's home at the time of this messed up long lasting ordeal.
You are right, you don't understand. So the officer's should have shot first and asked questions later?
Robert Alton Harris

San Francisco, CA

#13 Feb 2, 2010
It was not Hawkins fault, he was abused as a child.
That forgives everything.
To top it off, he was deprived of due process by the police that forced him to kill himself.
Rick

Arcata, CA

#14 Feb 2, 2010
eureka ca wrote:
i don't understand why all of our law enforcement officer's let this standoff go on for so freaken long. what was wrong with all of them why didn't they shoot this sucker. as all officer's acted scared of him to,as they all just stood around up there talking to on another on there radio's for hour's from what i herd.
Let's calm down a minute and go back to the time of the incident, and what was KNOWN AT THE TIME. When the deputies went to the place on Humboldt Hill, this guy wasn't known to have killed anyone, but they had been notified by the Arizona authorities that he was wanted for questioning and might be there. Once the deputies got the other people out of the house, they had absolutely no reason whatsoever to "rush" the place, much less any justification to kill the guy. AT THE TIME they didn't know whether he was suicidal or not, or whether he would choose to take out as many cops as he could if they went in. So they did exactly the right thing by taking their time, attempting to calm him down and negotiate with him, and hopefully bring it to a safe conclusion for everyone. He chose to go another route, but the Sherrifs exercised the appropriate patience given the information they had. A gunfight would have been the least desirable result.

As usual, they get criticized by some know-it-alls if they act too quick, and by others (or even the same know-it-alls) if they act too slow.
Robert

Danville, CA

#15 Feb 2, 2010
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>Let's calm down a minute and go back to the time of the incident, and what was KNOWN AT THE TIME. When the deputies went to the place on Humboldt Hill, this guy wasn't known to have killed anyone, but they had been notified by the Arizona authorities that he was wanted for questioning and might be there. Once the deputies got the other people out of the house, they had absolutely no reason whatsoever to "rush" the place, much less any justification to kill the guy. AT THE TIME they didn't know whether he was suicidal or not, or whether he would choose to take out as many cops as he could if they went in. So they did exactly the right thing by taking their time, attempting to calm him down and negotiate with him, and hopefully bring it to a safe conclusion for everyone. He chose to go another route, but the Sherrifs exercised the appropriate patience given the information they had. A gunfight would have been the least desirable result.
As usual, they get criticized by some know-it-alls if they act too quick, and by others (or even the same know-it-alls) if they act too slow.
Gee Rick, thanks for those astute observations! Ever think perhaps folks are being cynical over all this Liberal crud happening today? Blow it off and relax!
1_ friend

Danville, CA

#17 Feb 2, 2010
Maybe if you KNEW the people you were running your mouths off about, you might have two cents worth.. But since you ppl clearly have NO idea what the situation is, other than what the press has told you. I would hope you could find something in your own lives worth talking about. FJ
why

Fountain Hills, AZ

#18 Feb 3, 2010
1_ friend wrote:
Maybe if you KNEW the people you were running your mouths off about, you might have two cents worth.. But since you ppl clearly have NO idea what the situation is, other than what the press has told you. I would hope you could find something in your own lives worth talking about. FJ
I did not do it!!...and I wouldn't live in Walnut Creek again, no matter how much you paid me!!!
Middle of the road

Sacramento, CA

#19 Feb 3, 2010
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>Let's calm down a minute and go back to the time of the incident, and what was KNOWN AT THE TIME. When the deputies went to the place on Humboldt Hill, this guy wasn't known to have killed anyone, but they had been notified by the Arizona authorities that he was wanted for questioning and might be there. Once the deputies got the other people out of the house, they had absolutely no reason whatsoever to "rush" the place, much less any justification to kill the guy. AT THE TIME they didn't know whether he was suicidal or not, or whether he would choose to take out as many cops as he could if they went in. So they did exactly the right thing by taking their time, attempting to calm him down and negotiate with him, and hopefully bring it to a safe conclusion for everyone. He chose to go another route, but the Sherrifs exercised the appropriate patience given the information they had. A gunfight would have been the least desirable result.
As usual, they get criticized by some know-it-alls if they act too quick, and by others (or even the same know-it-alls) if they act too slow.
Hold on Rick, eureka ca in post # 8 has a valid point there. You're forgetting that one of the most heinous crimes a person can commit is called "contempt of cop". When the cops told this guy to come out of the house and he refused, and that constitutes "contempt of cop" which in a normal situation would have justified an "all out assault" on the house and justified any force necessary to control this dude, even killing him!
So what if the guy was only a “suspect”, the real crime this guy committed was ”contempt of cop”. ;-)
TWP

Irving, TX

#20 Feb 3, 2010
Middle of the road wrote:
<quoted text>
”contempt of cop”. ;-)
Wow, you sure do hate cops, don’t you Roa d Toa d?

That is kind of strange for someone who once claimed to “have worn a badge.”

Remember when you said,

“When I was younger and had a badge, "bad" cops were few and far between. Butt anymore, I generally don't shed a tear when I hear of one going down because odds are he's getting what he deserves.

Four cops dead in Oakland this weekend, kinda like "payback" for the unarmed young man a cop shot a couple of months in Oakland.”

That was on March 22, 2009. Post # 11. Here is the link:

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/eureka-time ...

But the really strange part is, for someone who “once wore a badge” was how you could say,

“I generally don’t shed a tear when I hear of one going down because odds are he’s getting what he deserves.”

Only a sick, hateful sociopath would say something like that! You really are one sick puppy Roa d Toa d.

So maybe you could explain to the good people here on the T-S forum exactly what you meant when you said,

“When I was younger and had a badge…”

It sound like you were implying that you once wore a police badge, doesn’t it Roa d Toa d? Are not you the one that is always going on about “intent?” Just what did you "intend" to imply when you said,“When I had a badge...?”

Can you say,“intent” Roa d Toa d?

I suppose you could argue that you were talking about your Junior Space Ranger Badge but I don’t think so Toa d Bo y.

You were trying to imply that you once wore a police badge and your own words prove it. Again, you were trying to compensate for your inadequacies as a man by pretending to be something which you never were and could never be.

So come one Roa d Toa d, explain what you “intended” when you said,“When I wore a badge…”

And then have a great day you sick, twisted old freak!
Judge Judy

Prescott Valley, AZ

#21 Feb 3, 2010
Robert Alton Harris wrote:
It was not Hawkins fault, he was abused as a child.
That forgives everything.
To top it off, he was deprived of due process by the police that forced him to kill himself.
Don't blame this on anyone or anything other than him. Period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 5 hr chuckles 893
Married Flirting ;-) 6 hr Augie 4
Frito lay tostitos fiesta bowl fails 14 hr guest 3
News Arizona poll worker: System blocked some ballot... 15 hr Loco 3
News A big chunk of Donald Trumpa s supporters were ... 18 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Nostradamus (Jan '14) 19 hr anonymous 98
News Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law (Apr '10) Sun Paul P Tretiakoff 193,129
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peoria Mortgages