Don't Let That Friend In - Peoria Police May Give Your House to Him!

Posted in the Peoria Forum

dabernathy

Glendale, AZ

#1 May 14, 2010
In Peoria, AZ, the police have no fear of reprisal for abusing civil rights.
Case #1: Very brief summary of seven months of hell the Peoria police put my neighbor through. The basic facts are that xxxx owned a house with his parents as joint tenants with right of survivorship. The mother died and so xxxx owned the house equally with his father. Then his brother moved in. In short, the brother kept calling 911 and the police kept arresting xxxx instead of telling the brother to leave if he didn't like it. Keep in mind that xxxx was one-half owner, and the brother was no more than a guest. And the police knew that from the outset.
At first, the police would make xxxx leave his own house overnight. Then they started cuffing and beating xxxx, tazing him and arresting xxxx on the brother's slightest complaint: For loud music, for singing along with gangster lyrics, for having me in the house, for brushing by in the laundry room, etc. Once the police just assumed they were there to get xxxx, and they threw him down and arrested him. Another time, a police report states that the officer "arrested [him] for acting psychotic."
Case #2: My own from last Saturday. As background, I let XXXX stay with me for a while last year, but I live alone. xxxx is not an owner of my house, there is no rental agreement, he paid nothing to stay here, and he has been at his house again for months.
What happened is that xxxx took my house keys recently, and he has been walking into my house. Last Saturday I called the police. At his house, officers asked him if he had my keys and he said "no, I live here why would I have her keys?" The police told us to stay away from each others' houses, and for me to call 911 if he comes to my house.
Later on, xxxx walked in my house again, and so when he left I locked the slide lock, wrapped a chain and padlock around it, and called the police. On nothing more than some keys and a piece of mail a cop forced my door open with his foot, while yelling threats to arrest me for being "irrational." I was mad and I got loud. But I was alone inside my home the entire time. Once the male officer threw my door open wider, intentionally hitting my face hard. He stood there yelling and refused to listen; yet also refused to leave. He also threatened to arrest me for "unlawful eviction." I demanded they verify with officers from earlier that the keys were not evidence of any right to be in my house. I told them xxxx lives in his own house. They knew xxxx is on probation for assault on me. I asked for an emergency protective order and AZ law requires police contact a court 24/7 if asked, but they ignored me. Then they broke off my security door screen, and slide lock. They used a bolt cutter to break the padlock off and unravel the heavy chain. They shoved open the door to my home and arrested me for assault (I had tried to keep the door shut) and for disturbing the peace (I never left my home, and did not raise my voice until after the police hit my face with the door).
hello

Glasgow, KY

#2 Dec 13, 2010
you need a GOOD lawyer--hire one

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best 5 star hotel in phoenix/scottsdale? Tue True Blue Local 2
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Tue Ace75 692
any girls from phx arizona wanna meet n hook up Mon badazz 1
us airways / american airlines Mon tlords 13
snowbirds the low life of the earth Sun wierdo 8
shop the goodwill stores at your own risk Dec 14 The Truth 1
Good intentions cause offense after senior disc... Dec 8 janetbee 1
Peoria Dating
Find my Match

Peoria People Search