Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Stay away from this place Robert did a crappy job on my sons truck. Used a single stage paint and charged for a base coat clear coat. Orange peel. Paint was soft for eight months Overspray. Never got us the rear bumper that was paid for and refused to refund the money because he didn't have it. Now the paint is peeling off and the bedliner is coming off. STAY AWAY
Greg

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Took Robert at clean shaven customs to court. He didn't show up and now he has a judgement against him. Stay away from this place. Don't spend a dime at his shop. You will regret it.
Randy

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Greg wrote:
Took Robert at clean shaven customs to court. He didn't show up and now he has a judgement against him. Stay away from this place. Don't spend a dime at his shop. You will regret it.
I wish I'd have seen this before I took my truck to him.
Randy

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

I dropped off my truck on a Tuesday. The owner Rob Speer didn't follow up with the insurance company and it wasn't til the following Monday an adjuster showed up to look at my truck. I give Rob and the Insurance company equal blame for this. I asked Rob for a guesstimate on completion, he stated upcoming Friday, Monday at the latest. I went to his shop on Friday, paint was done (my truck wasn't there, he farms the paint out to someone else). Monday comes and Rob tells me that insurance is only paying for aftermarket bumpers, but they don't make one without the holes for the backup sensors. So I call a buddy of mine at a Nissan dealership and get one for cost +10%.$200 cheaper than retail. It takes Rob til the following Friday to pick up the bumper and get it installed. At this point I'm assuming the truck is finally done and I have to have it to tow one of my trailers in from Quartzsite, AZ. Rob brings it by the house at 7:30 at night and it has no badging on the tail gate, and he's re-installed the bent receiver/tow-package because the one he ordered "didn't fit". What he tried to do was order aftermarket when my insurance company stated OEM Nissan. I had spoken to the adjuster about the receiver and he agreed that as much as I use it OEM was a must. Additionally, one of the center caps on my rims was missing and I pointed it out to Rob. Rob said he'd take care of it. I call Rob the following Monday (Nov. 4, 2013) to see if he's ordered the receiver. Mind you, it's a phone call and a 10 mile drive from his shop to pick it up. No receiver. Tuesday, no receiver. Wednesday, no receiver. I go to his shop Wednesday afternoon and ask him what seems to be the problem. His lack of urgency to finish my truck was appalling.

I pointed out that he had a week and a half to figure out the receiver issue and his response was to call me "dickhead". At this point I got fed up, told him I was leaving and that he better have my parts this afternoon. He got in my face, nose to nose (which I have video of) and tried to get me to hit him. He finally backed off and a couple hours later he text messaged me that my parts arrived. I put them in the back of my truck and told Rob that if he didn't find a center cap by Friday that I'd order from online Saturday and that they were $90. My rims are limited edition and people are getting a pretty penny for them. Rob said he wasn't going to pay for it and I told him I'd see him in court. He laughed. I will be taking him to small claims court I don't care how small the amount is. It's the principle. Anyhow, I'm going to have to pull one of my employees off of work to help me install this receiver/tow-package because Rob couldn't be bothered.

DO NOT waste your time with Clean Shaven Customs. Rob doesn't care about anything except getting the check cleared. Which reminds me: The insurance company gave him a 2 party check, my name was on it too. I didn't sign the check. The adjuster told me it cleared the day after it was issued. I think he forged my signature.
Randy

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Can I give Clean Shaven Customs zero stars? I dropped off my truck on a Tuesday. The owner Rob Speer didn't follow up with the insurance company and it wasn't til the following Monday an adjuster showed up to look at my truck. I give Rob and the Insurance company equal blame for this. I asked Rob for a guesstimate on completion, he stated upcoming Friday, Monday at the latest. I went to his shop on Friday, paint was done (my truck wasn't there, he farms the paint out to someone else). Monday comes and Rob tells me that insurance is only paying for aftermarket bumpers, but they don't make one without the holes for the backup sensors. So I call a buddy of mine at a Nissan dealership and get one for cost +10%.$200 cheaper than retail. It takes Rob til the following Friday to pick up the bumper and get it installed. At this point I'm assuming the truck is finally done and I have to have it to tow one of my trailers in from Quartzsite, AZ. Rob brings it by the house at 7:30 at night and it has no badging on the tail gate, and he's re-installed the bent receiver/tow-package because the one he ordered "didn't fit". What he tried to do was order aftermarket when my insurance company stated OEM Nissan. I had spoken to the adjuster about the receiver and he agreed that as much as I use it OEM was a must. Additionally, one of the center caps on my rims was missing and I pointed it out to Rob. Rob said he'd take care of it. I call Rob the following Monday (Nov. 4, 2013) to see if he's ordered the receiver. Mind you, it's a phone call and a 10 mile drive from his shop to pick it up. No receiver. Tuesday, no receiver. Wednesday, no receiver. I go to his shop Wednesday afternoon and ask him what seems to be the problem. His lack of urgency to finish my truck was appalling.

I pointed out that he had a week and a half to figure out the receiver issue and his response was to call me "dickhead". At this point I got fed up, told him I was leaving and that he better have my parts this afternoon. He got in my face, nose to nose (which I have video of) and tried to get me to hit him. He finally backed off and a couple hours later he text messaged me that my parts arrived. I put them in the back of my truck and told Rob that if he didn't find a center cap by Friday that I'd order from online Saturday and that they were $90. My rims are limited edition and people are getting a pretty penny for them. Rob said he wasn't going to pay for it and I told him I'd see him in court. He laughed. I will be taking him to small claims court I don't care how small the amount is. It's the principle. Anyhow, I'm going to have to pull one of my employees off of work to help me install this receiver/tow-package because Rob couldn't be bothered.

DO NOT waste your time with Clean Shaven Customs. Rob doesn't care about anything except getting the check cleared. Which reminds me: The insurance company gave him a 2 party check, my name was on it too. I didn't sign the check. The adjuster told me it cleared the day after it was issued. I think he forged my signature.
Greg

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Randy wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I'd have seen this before I took my truck to him.
sorry you had to deal with it and got screwed by him. He is a punk and gets into every bodies face. He is wanting you to hit him and then he will file charges. The guy has made so much money off of bogus work and auto injuries. Just keep spreading the word and it will all catch up to him All in time
did you know!

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Just stumbled across this... As a business owner, I can tell you the most valuable reviews are on google, followed by BBB then yahoo, then Facebook, yelp kudzu, rippoff report then everywhere you can post... This age we live in will certainly weed out the Bad guys... I hope you guys get taken care of.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Peoria Discussions

Search the Peoria Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
prostitutes on 27th ave (Jan '10) 9 hr ZIONIST BANKSTERS 28
Suspect in Glendale police shooting arrested (Jan '07) Tue SMARTYPANTS 11
golf cars Tue john adams 1
Nostradamus Tue guest 25
Review: Cotterkey Investments LTD (Oct '13) Apr 21 Cool1 6
City-Data Forum (Aug '09) Apr 19 Misha 376
Fat people holding up the line Apr 19 Bubba 7
•••
•••