Jodi Arias claims self-defense as mur...

Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 7233 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6018 May 15, 2013
Lexington wrote:
<quoted text>
Please stop.
--

Lex, I did earlier And the psycho got worse.
Not a normal person to be so disgusting and vile.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6019 May 15, 2013
Sinister wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Day, a few words to think about. "Be careful".
On line friendships are not all what it seems to be.
That's all.
----------
Thank you :)

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6020 May 15, 2013
Jodi killed every ones hero.
She never thought of that when she planned to kill him.
It all backfired in her face.
Prison has its own justice.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6023 May 15, 2013
Sinister wrote:
Jodi killed every ones hero.
She never thought of that when she planned to kill him.
It all backfired in her face.
Prison has its own justice.
----------
I agree... I think Sam especially will have such a hard time dealing with this. I get the impression she was very attached to him and loved him w/all her heart... she had a look of grief that shows how much she is heartbroken... I've been there once, and was almost there when our FF was in the icu for pulmoray embolisms just a few years ago.
JA never showed the grief that aligns w/real love.
She doesn't even realize the impact of what she took from his family.
Lexington

United States

#6024 May 15, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
thanks LG :)
Lex, so why is ok for another female to write such terrible disgusting things about me, and I should ignore it, really?
That uncouth "female" has been all over me since she started in here, then posts so much to cover it... And lshe lies.
*LG said that he expected LWOP, and that she was evil...it was here and on the Savage forum.
The lying immature crude Springs re-posts old comments for what reason? Because she's a psycho troll to cause trouble.
I was responding to her "normal" comments, and then she decided to get disgusting about my personal life...
only a bully jealous woman does that.
It's unacceptable. Then she says she's going to leave the forum, and doesn't.
The whole issue of class/background evolved in here... mainly from posters who disasgreed w/some of us, and tried to say that people were imposters. more troll behavior
I have reached my limit, and if filth was written about you, I'd respond the same way.
Godspeed Lex :)
I say stop to you because I like you, it just has to stop somewhere. I certainly was not blaming you for anything. You are talking about conservative Christian value's all the time, I thought you would be the one to appeal to. Hatred never solved anything and isn't Christian. Realize they are digging at you to get to LA.

As for LA, I like him and appreciate his views. What I kept hearing from him was "something happened in the last 15, Manslaughter" I didn's see any of the other stuff. When did he change his mind? I never agreed with LA on these issues but he has at least made me look at both sides of the issue. As for the class envy, please.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6025 May 15, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you back on.
I reluctantly answered Q's as to my background.
Other men get an attitude with guys who have been
in LE and particularly if from LA.
Much liked Dr Napoleon enlightened us to the why's and
wherefore's of feminist women giving a genuine loving and
caring female a hard time. You are the women they could
never be.
We both discussed this case as it unfolded. Apparently the other lost sight of this factor.
----------
thank you :)
I'm just a girl at heart who's been blessed by 5 loving brothers, and one truly amazing uncle.
My uncle went beyond our Dad's ability to show love and honor, always a family man, always available any time... he was there for me as a confidante and had a gentle strength, always knew I was looked after and loved.:) I have refused to be w/bitter women my whole life.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6026 May 15, 2013
Lexington wrote:
<quoted text>
I say stop to you because I like you, it just has to stop somewhere. I certainly was not blaming you for anything. You are talking about conservative Christian value's all the time, I thought you would be the one to appeal to. Hatred never solved anything and isn't Christian. Realize they are digging at you to get to LA.
As for LA, I like him and appreciate his views. What I kept hearing from him was "something happened in the last 15, Manslaughter" I didn's see any of the other stuff. When did he change his mind? I never agreed with LA on these issues but he has at least made me look at both sides of the issue. As for the class envy, please.
----------
Lex, I did try, humor, ignoring, look at the pages and pages of disgusting imagery. I am concerned about being fair, and I belive I was to the point. I called it as it was. Look also at all of the times she tried to berate me for Sac county, Ct. Hts, mobile home... on and on, and so much worse.
* He and I had ongoing convos up til the last few days, and we were talking about her letter, her journal, her own admissions that we hadn't seen or missed.... it was posted in Savage and in here, and I re-posted it when someone was trying to be rude...
*** as far as class envy, it's so obvious to me he's not into class, I saw his other posts, very empathetic and more socially sympathetic than me, also has fought for the less advantaged, he has 2 amazing brothers, his mom gave him a scapular when he was PD, his dad and mom had a special nun around their family and he saved and treasures her pic from their personal effects, he loved a scottie dog named Emily that disappeared, he's been ... he's a regular, well exceptional actually, guy :)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6027 May 15, 2013
LG, 10-20 ?:) 10-19 stat please.

Location hidden

#6028 May 15, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
I agree... I think Sam especially will have such a hard time dealing with this. I get the impression she was very attached to him and loved him w/all her heart... she had a look of grief that shows how much she is heartbroken... I've been there once, and was almost there when our FF was in the icu for pulmoray embolisms just a few years ago.
JA never showed the grief that aligns w/real love.
She doesn't even realize the impact of what she took from his family.
Did you listen to Travis' younger sister speak at his memorial?
His entire family grieves.
Jodi's family is negatively impacted as well. They have to live with shame for the rest of their lives and most likely grief because of Jodi's selfish actions.
Maybe Sam cared for Travis when he was a wee lad when their lives were in turmoil.
This is not a win win situation for anyone.
Hope your family member is well.
Lexington

United States

#6029 May 15, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
Lex, I did try, humor, ignoring, look at the pages and pages of disgusting imagery. I am concerned about being fair, and I belive I was to the point. I called it as it was. Look also at all of the times she tried to berate me for Sac county, Ct. Hts, mobile home... on and on, and so much worse.
* He and I had ongoing convos up til the last few days, and we were talking about her letter, her journal, her own admissions that we hadn't seen or missed.... it was posted in Savage and in here, and I re-posted it when someone was trying to be rude...
*** as far as class envy, it's so obvious to me he's not into class, I saw his other posts, very empathetic and more socially sympathetic than me, also has fought for the less advantaged, he has 2 amazing brothers, his mom gave him a scapular when he was PD, his dad and mom had a special nun around their family and he saved and treasures her pic from their personal effects, he loved a scottie dog named Emily that disappeared, he's been ... he's a regular, well exceptional actually, guy :)
I know what you are saying. I don't disagree. As for the class envy, LA said it today, as I would with any of my real friends I laughed at it and poked fun. I still think it is funny.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6030 May 15, 2013
Sinister wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you listen to Travis' younger sister speak at his memorial?
His entire family grieves.
Jodi's family is negatively impacted as well. They have to live with shame for the rest of their lives and most likely grief because of Jodi's selfish actions.
Maybe Sam cared for Travis when he was a wee lad when their lives were in turmoil.
This is not a win win situation for anyone.
Hope your family member is well.
----------
Yes, the younger sis was so sad to watch. I just picked up on Sam's uncontrollable grief. She was a sister w/a deep respect and love for Travis... something very familiar to me, and among siblings, there is sometimes an undeniable bond between two.

*thank you
My brother is good now. They thought that he developed a blood clot on a long flight and it broke off to his lungs... and there were numerous small clots found. For a long time, he was coughing, couldn't sleep, no energy, his wife thought it was a cold, told him to stop coughing so much, can you believe, well she's an ex now, anyway, I saw him and told him you need to see a doctor, he went to the er, they said he should've been dead

Location hidden

#6031 May 15, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
Yes, the younger sis was so sad to watch. I just picked up on Sam's uncontrollable grief. She was a sister w/a deep respect and love for Travis... something very familiar to me, and among siblings, there is sometimes an undeniable bond between two.
*thank you
My brother is good now. They thought that he developed a blood clot on a long flight and it broke off to his lungs... and there were numerous small clots found. For a long time, he was coughing, couldn't sleep, no energy, his wife thought it was a cold, told him to stop coughing so much, can you believe, well she's an ex now, anyway, I saw him and told him you need to see a doctor, he went to the er, they said he should've been dead
I agree about the sister. She seems to be the surrogate mother and shows great pain.
Happy ending for your brother. It's all good.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6032 May 15, 2013
Sinister wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree about the sister. She seems to be the surrogate mother and shows great pain.
Happy ending for your brother. It's all good.
----------
yes.
yes, You hear about people developing a blood clot on a long flight, but it seems so farfetched for a healthy guy..
important to contract your calf muscles, and stand up, move around, even if driving long periods, and drink water.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6034 May 15, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
GD
Still up, everyone started calling and texting
So, how's the arm
So now you have the 411
----------
:) glad you're back
I'd say 50%, maybe 1 week to go.. running withdrawals :)
411?:)
French Braid

Spring, TX

#6035 May 16, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm amazed by the excuses some people will apply to TA, and the blame they wil put on Jodi.
He wasn't using her as a wife...I don't know any called 3 whole wonders, slut, or told they will feel like they were raped, etc., etc., it's crystal clear how he was treating her.
His texts and the phone call are proof.
TA wasn't your average jerk. He was a dangerous, soul abusing, very strong man.
The "deserve to die" question is from fantasy land.
Only in the movies, can you write a script for exactly how a fight will go. In this case, Jodi said she was attacked by him and she fought for her life. Adrenaline is very powerful and combined with the will to survive, all bets are off.
Remember, he was angry that she wanted to go to a Bishop regarding his pedo interests, etc. She was already moving on...Ryan Burns is proof.
The only person in this scenario, with a reputation and an entire lifestyle to lose, had their real life become known, was Travis.
I think men who have seen this kind of man in action, can pick them out faster than any woman. And, once a woman has bonded with a man, the ability to resist them can be as bad as a drug.
Why do people ignore the obvious????
There is also adrenaline white-out, there is also the fact that people can't remember every detail of their lives, and stress can make it impossible to focus...
Please, at least listen to the entire taped phone call, and read his texts to her, if nothing else.
Any good father can tell you what he was.
I call you out because you are being a judgmental b*tch about someone who died at the cruel hands of a very mentally disturbed person. Yes, I judge JoDP, but she is alive. You are judging someone who is dead. Then you parade around that you went to Catholic private school. I call b.s. I know people who have money and attended private Catholic school. They act nothing like you do. All your bragging about your house, your cars, your legs, your running and on and on. You show no humility at all.
I never wrote any posts bragging about possessions. You were seriously hallucinating if you saw any. You either misread something because you were angry or there is some other explanation.

As for LA, I got sick of him talking about how if it was in California that she would get manslaughter. He called Scott Peterson by the wrong name. He is on Death Row in San Quentin.

The other thing that aggravated me is that he said I was lying about my spouse and a former love interest in regards to jobs or areas of expertise. He says it is all bait to aggravate.

If I go back to look for something and i happen to see something that speaks to me, I will answer it.
I guess you and he thought conversations on a public message board were private. You continued to spill personal info even after he gave you an e-mail address on the board. You were asked politely by many to take it to a private place. Someone even told you that you could communicate privately by way of Topix.

You said you had to stop running or have hip replacements. People your size and build are rarely long distance runners without consequences. Okay, so you're not a horse. Sorry for that. My mistake.
Your remind me of the Little Barbie's friend. What was her name? LA, do you remember? I'm sure you played with Barbies. Can you help?
French Braid

Spring, TX

#6037 May 16, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
In the beginning, I thought she was just a crazy woman, who stalked her ex.
Then I came across a trial video online and I decided to look at more of the case.
I'm impressed with her attorney Nurmi. I think he represents a calm and self-assured man, someone who Jody could look to as a safe haven. Her other attorney, Willmott represents the same characteristics.
You can see every day's trial on youtube, or go to jodiariasisinnocent.com (that website has info & opinions, some of which are from abused women, one is currently w/an emotionally abusive man). Personally, their own personal stories were too sad for me to read every day. So I just review the videos, now.
I don't go hunting for you. You have been on every page here for months posting excessively while whining about a lame arm. It's obvious now that you are some nut case from the
J is innocent site, pretending to be someone else. I got your number, "sister" and it speaks loud and clear. I'm sure even after she is sentenced, you will continue to mock Travis and make excuses for
Jodi.

You bought the Samuels and LaViolette bill of goods. Let's see how it works out for you.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6038 May 16, 2013
whatever psycho springs, you can't even keep up in chronological order. My views on the case evolved over time, and you re-post to cause trouble.. you're just a hideous jealous "woman" or "man". You need to seek therapy.
French Braid

Spring, TX

#6039 May 16, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a snack, purchased two fresh baqquettes at a Vietnamese bakery, they make it better than French bakeries. A little butter on them, a lite snack. R U close into SF or out in the suburubs?
The Lee's Bakeries are considered awful places to eat here. Can't speak as to how they are out in sunny California. The French had a huge influence on the cuisine. I prefer French trained chefs, Italian chefs
or Japanese chefs. I say French trained because Bobby Flay is a French trained chef, but he is not French. That's my right to have a preference as it is yours.

Waiting for the trial to resume 10:30 a.m. Arizona time. I look forward to her having to sit and listen to the victim impact statements. The defense team tried to quit - DENIED. A motion was filed to have the victim impact statements videotaped - DENIED. Justice and truth will prevail.
French Braid

Spring, TX

#6040 May 16, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev Jim Jones had been arrested for lewd coduct by LAPD, when he had his Peoples Temple in Oakland. Yep, he was trolling in LA.
LA Guy, was a Big City cop some twenty years ago, before his next career. So true about the vortex of darkness.
Random posts are found simply by scrolling. I don't go looking for these things. They are easily found. I just spin the wheel, pick a number and read.

Like I wrote, two of my love interests were in different branches of the military and served in
Desert Shield/Desert Storm. You told me I was stupid for believing them. Remember that?
Anyone who questions people I know for a fact served can not expect to not receive a backlash.
It matters not if you believe it or not.

Someone questioned you about your illeism. I believe it was Lexington.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6041 May 16, 2013
really psycho spring, did you forget all the personal stuff you posted about your personal everything and your make believe sex life?
News flash, we can communicate any way we want. Wouldn't you love to know all the ways we communicate and when we see each other. Too bad, you'll just have to keep obseessing about that. Loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News When did it last rain in Phoenix? 85 days ago a... 4 hr Whiny1 1
Anyone know a Vicky Leswick, she says she is a ... 22 hr Guest in Phoenix 5
J.C. Jaenicke - Spreads Hate Against African-Am... Fri Black Lives Matter 1
study aid Thu threadsmithy 1
News First medical pot drive-thru opens on Friday Nov 13 Joe 2
Free Interfaith event Rio Vista Recreation Cent... Oct '17 WestValleyBahais 1
Peoria Corruption includes Police Abuse and Ste... (Jun '08) Sep '17 Dodgenbullets 4

Peoria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peoria Mortgages