Jodi Arias claims self-defense as mur...

Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 7233 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

Ewan Et Ev

Spring, TX

#5613 May 12, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Insight per the above link
HLN's creation of Alexanderism
HLN ridiculous to obscene coverage
Exploiting the most easily manipulated emotions of the public for the dual purpose of making money in the guise of sympathy and concern for the "innocent victim" assuring their fantastical
epic myth
Read the entire piece and understand the media manipulation which does hot bode well for our society....also understand as to JA nor TA qualifying in the Mythical terms as the media portrayed
JA certainly not the epitomy of evil
Epitome, Lego, epitome
Don't you even care about my College Affair with the Cali well-endowed dude? I get hot just thinking about it.
Ewan Et Ev

Spring, TX

#5618 May 12, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas Babe
Well now more parts of the puzzle are falling in as to why
women find me sexy ... must be in part due to my borderline dyslexia
I sensed it from the get-go. Not severe in any form. I thought it could be ADHD or mild dyslexia.
It doesn't mean people aren't intelligent although it can affect IQ scores.

My guy was very intuitive about me. He knew what I wanted it before I thought about about it.
The only thing I disliked is he wouldn't let me always use him like I wanted to sexually. He would make me lie by him and be good. Drove me crazy. We had fun in and out of bed.

I have my hair in braids by the way. No, I'm not Wednesday Addams. My present guy is a non-Spanish guy who craves me like Gomez craves Morticia. We're plotting what we will do in bed a little later. I have my ideas and he has his. Then, later, my Cali guy will call me. It's complicated.
Ewan Et Ev

Spring, TX

#5619 May 12, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, you should. You know well endowed starts
at a minimum of a solid Eight or hopefully more
Well endowed means consistent multiple o's and a shining glow that takes a week to wear off and knowing when to pull back so it doesn't go from pleasure to pain. No tape measurers needed.

Oh, so according to above posts, you have borderline dyslexia and borderline attention deficit.
Ewan Et Ev

Spring, TX

#5620 May 12, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget his tongue action either. Oh, baby.
Another Poster

Lombard, IL

#5621 May 12, 2013
The Jodi Arias trial appears to be a scripted, cheap copycat version of the Jane Andrews' trial, the Duchess of York's former aide who was charged and convicted for the murder of her boyfriend, playboy millionaire Tom Cressman, he was stabbed and bludgeoned to death with a cricket bat in 2000.

JANE ANDREWS: NAKED AMBITION by Peter Stubley
http://www.courtnewsuk.co.uk/c_famous_crime_c...

Was it really murder? Part I

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2003/au...

Was it really murder? Part II

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2003/au...

Background information/articles about the Jane Andrews case:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1305384.st...
Another Poster

Lombard, IL

#5622 May 12, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank's, btw, you do great research.
ALL MUST READ THIS
LA Guy reflected somewhat on the Phenomena described, but
was woefully inadequate compared to the true genius of the
Author
GD
Texas Babe
Sinister
Rambling Rose
Florida
Hydri
Go to the above link and bow down to the Author. I have.
Etch many of the passages in stone.
Without a doubt it is one of the best written articles about the Jodi Arias "Roman circus" trial.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#5623 May 12, 2013
Good Morning LG :)
yes, I missed you last night :) I'm still driving challenged, so I'll be home today, and call her... wished her happy Mother's day yesterday, too :) my brother & his family are taking her out.
read your posts :)
the lemon cake versions were funny fron Sinister :)
**** LG, request, please, can you post some wisdom from the Word... feel Chinese are getting credit for it.
Ewan Et Ev

Spring, TX

#5624 May 12, 2013
I don't ever know if you guys are talking about Lemony Snicket
or about the woman who could eat a pound cake in under two minutes on
the Practical Magic movie. I doubt Lego has seen either since he claims to be a guy and does not have any kids at home and hasn't for a long time.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#5625 May 12, 2013
LG, I prefer your succint, perceptive take, on the obscene displays of media coverage and the crowd's excitement.
Some of the author's phrases are crude and unnecessary. Imo, that reflects a lack of class, and command of the English language.
I agreed with the jist of it.
You're an excellent writer, and I enjoy reading your comments :)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#5626 May 12, 2013
... succinct....
Ewan Et Ev

Spring, TX

#5627 May 12, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG, I prefer your succint, perceptive take, on the obscene displays of media coverage and the crowd's excitement.
Some of the author's phrases are crude and unnecessary. Imo, that reflects a lack of class, and command of the English language.
I agreed with the jist of it.
You're an excellent writer, and I enjoy reading your comments :)
LA Guy
Los Angeles, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#56171 hr ago

Ewan Et Ev wrote:
<quoted text>
Epitome, Lego, epitome
Don't you even care about my College Affair with the Cali well-endowed dude? I get hot just thinking about it.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#5628 May 12, 2013
Spring, why did you post my comment and then your's w/LG's below?
Was there a point, or a copy/paste error?
Another Poster

Lombard, IL

#5629 May 12, 2013
Amid many trials, a frenzy over Jodi Arias

Sex, violence and intrigue were the recipe for the nation's story of the moment.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#5630 May 12, 2013
Another Poster wrote:
Sex, violence and intrigue were the recipe for the nation's story of the moment.
----------
When you read her statements, her twisted belief that God will find her innocent, maybe she thinks she did him a favor by sending him to Heaven now, and she took it into her own hands to atone him... now she thinks she will be with him once she dies.
A twisted perverse mind.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#5631 May 12, 2013
Another Poster wrote:
----------
good article :)
Another Poster

Lombard, IL

#5632 May 12, 2013
Jodi Arias In Her Own Words

The jury in Arizona that convicted Jodi Arias of murder is back in court Thursday and because their work isn’t done. They aren’t supposed to be paying attention to any media coverage of the case, including Arias’ post-verdict interview.

FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:

http://radio.foxnews.com/2013/05/09/jodi-aria...
Ewan Et Ev

Spring, TX

#5633 May 12, 2013
Sinister wrote:
<quoted text>
Disgusting. Stabbing and shooting him wasn't enough. Even after death she continues to mentally slay him.
Perhaps she wanted to be like Ethan Hawke's character in taking lives.

In one version, I could have sworn Ethan's character decapitated his mother and held her head up like a trophy. In another, she was on the floor of the elevator with blood all around.

Or maybe she liked movies like "Angel Heart" or something like that. That movie was so evil I think I got up and left.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#5634 May 12, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
OK, time to shower and shave and think about
a few offers on the table
-------
LG,I'd like to see you do both :)
What offer did you choose?
Another Poster

Lombard, IL

#5635 May 12, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
When you read her statements, her twisted belief that God will find her innocent, maybe she thinks she did him a favor by sending him to Heaven now, and she took it into her own hands to atone him... now she thinks she will be with him once she dies.
A twisted perverse mind.
I don't believe that is what she intended to say when she gave the interview.

In one of her diary entries Jodi wrote (paraphrasing), "he makes me feel beautiful, he makes me feel miserable, he makes me happy, he makes me sick"...It is quite obvious that her relationship with Travis was an emotional roller coaster. Contrary to the media reports on the trial, there was clear evidence of his psychological and emotional abuse of Jodi.

The violence of the crime (the overkill) was a catharsis, a purging of anger and other negative pent-up emotions that were triggered by something that Travis did or said to her. It has nothing to do with atonement, it was a crime of passion.

The case was grossly overcharged, she should have been charged with second degree murder, and manslaughter as a lesser included offense.
Ewan Et Ev

Spring, TX

#5636 May 12, 2013
Get a clue. Her defense filed paper work to take DP off the table and the judge said no.

Already convicted. On to sentencing. Stop playing the would have, could have, should have game. It's annoying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
William Wayne Macumber (Jun '10) 4 hr whoszat 35
Goodwill of Central Arizona Ceo makes $432,684 ... (Mar '15) 9 hr Jason 8
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 19 hr HotnPhx 840
miriam wasser of phoenix new times is a filthy ... Tue patrick lane 1
News Phoenix just gave this long-standing Valley res... Tue Whiny1 1
Alexis DelChiaro (Sep '10) Tue Whiny1 81
FRACAS at Republican State Convention May 1 Mexican undermind 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peoria Mortgages