Jodi Arias claims self-defense as mur...

Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 7233 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

LA Guy

Studio City, CA

#5177 May 8, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG Did you hear this before? TA talks about wanting and needing a change in his life, and mees Chris Hughes. He had the potential to be the guy who makes it...and he treasured life .. good heart, before he JA, his life was good .
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/06/exclusi...
Well said, GD

Yes, he did treasure life and was good.

Will check out this link...I may have seen
it aired of Dr D and previously mentioned
that TA spoke from the heart.
LA Guy

Studio City, CA

#5178 May 8, 2013
Fracture wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen LA Guy's posts where he uses the word "bang" in regards to sex. He must be some pimple-ridden teen who is home schooled and socially awkward. "Edith" is the Mary Kay Letourneau type thinking her LA "Villi" is so talented and that he and she will travel the world together. I think
Edith aka Mary Kay (she acts like a b*tchy school teacher) just wants to boss him around.
He will be sitting down to urinate in no time. Wait...he already does!
You can be Funny

Since you are such a keen social observer, you must have heard of Howard Stern (Bang, Bang, Bang)....well beyond his teen age years...lol

Mary Kay Letourneau was a fox. Men young and old liked her. She had a demure look. Villi's Samoan's mom even approved...lol
LA Guy

Studio City, CA

#5179 May 8, 2013
News running a piece on Politico's surviving sex scandals

Mark Sanford was successful in the runoff, despite his hike on the Appalachian trail. Running old footage of Bill C's, "I did not have sex with that woman"

Mark Sanford is engaged to his GF
Mary Kay married Villi
The public understands
Fracture

Spring, TX

#5180 May 8, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
In my own mind :)
I love to read and learn from experts whenever possible.
I wasn't a A student, however, I do know how to research most topics, and navigate the web :)
I'm retired from AT&T; a young retiree. Another amazing blessing. They closed my office.
Anyway, many professionals in my family tree, so I've enjoyed exposure to a lot of different things.
Love my life.
Thanks for sharing. I correct myself. A b * t chy telephone employee, not a teacher.
Fracture

Spring, TX

#5181 May 8, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LA Guy
Actually, I'm Irish, not the potatoes :)
No on the soup. Was it good?
Please, tell me how she got him im the shower like that?
You're in luck. "Milton" is a part-time leprechaun.
Fracture

Spring, TX

#5182 May 8, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Not Irish, but close...Welsh
Sorry, but I'm just bored waiting for the verdict and decided to do a little poking around.
Fracture

Spring, TX

#5183 May 8, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, this bungalow has the wiiiiide porch, with a side porch. It's on a 120'x50' lot, one of a few that has'n been split up. I got it for 120k, vey lucky because it was the 3rd home I saw, and was only DOM 2-3 days. The yard was neglected; the previous owners lost it in a foreclosure after they did some remodeling... sad for the to lose it.
3 Arch bay was so beautiful. Their home had 3 stories with floor to ceiling windows on most levels. You could lay/lie in bed and see the white surf and hear the waves hit. OM it was nice. Simple furnishings, clean, light colors.
Some places in Sac. are so over-run w/undesirables, especially blacks from the bay who think they now own it... I had to get out. The quiet pockets of Sac. are now sandwiched by old apts. and the crime is so bad.
$120,000 in California
Would LaViolette say it is a cozy cottage or would it be more like the word Juan Martinez used, "shack"
LA Guy

Studio City, CA

#5184 May 8, 2013
Fracture wrote:
<quoted text>

He says a size 14 is too large for him.
Serious Q, what are your Stats?
Fracture

Spring, TX

#5185 May 8, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Tiped $5 on a $10 tab, waitresses are underappreciated
"C Joy Bell C" was a waitress before selling
her poems, drawings and self photo's
You can't even got to a low end place like Sweet Tomatoes for $10.00 here. Not that it matters, but I tip even at buffets which I only agree to go to because some can't afford real restaurants. Places like Luby's have a cafeteria line, but they also have servers and I also tip those. Not my favorite place to eat, but I will sometimes bend if the rest of the crowd wants to go. We have also gone out in large groups where the gratuity is included, but it never hurts to leave a little extra.

Now my spouse doubles the tax and that is how he tips. I don't agree.
LA Guy

Studio City, CA

#5186 May 8, 2013
Fracture wrote:
<quoted text>
$120,000 in California
Would LaViolette say it is a cozy cottage or would it be more like the word Juan Martinez used, "shack"
Did JM really call it a shack?

Are you feeling a verdict today?
LA Guy

Studio City, CA

#5187 May 8, 2013
JA's diet does not bode well for her celly,
but she is getting protein.

Taylor Swift just streaming, she must be a
size One. Nice, like her cool cut and new
look. I would date her.

Also, Lisa Lieu, she was so damn hot in
Kill Bill. I would date her.

Chris Brown just made an emergency landing.

This cool Brother who rescued the girls is a
trip. He emboldens what is good in the common
man. In an ironic sense, people in the hood
will protect you...saw it all of the time.
LA Guy

Studio City, CA

#5188 May 8, 2013
Fracture wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't even got to a low end place like Sweet Tomatoes for $10.00 here. Not that it matters, but I tip even at buffets which I only agree to go to because some can't afford real restaurants. Places like Luby's have a cafeteria line, but they also have servers and I also tip those. Not my favorite place to eat, but I will sometimes bend if the rest of the crowd wants to go. We have also gone out in large groups where the gratuity is included, but it never hurts to leave a little extra.
Now my spouse doubles the tax and that is how he tips. I don't agree.
Agree

It's irritating when with friends, when
they double the tax thing. Hell,
I just give 20% on the amount.

Was just arranging about $300 in various
denominations, since I can be lazy and
let it accumulate. Keepking some One's,
since my friends never seem to have the
right change when splitting a bill or
they put it on their card. I usually end up
overpaying, since some give low gratuities.

Usually keep at least a thou in cash, might
need a massage...lol

LA is a great town, but it takes $$$
Fracture

Spring, TX

#5189 May 8, 2013
Trying to think of Asian-themed movies

The Ramen Girl (it's funny when the Japanese women think tiny Britney Murphy has long legs)

Lost in Translation

The Geisha Memoirs

The Joy Luck Club

that's all that comes to mind pre-coffee

Lucy Liu - Ecks vs. Sever

Just slumming until those lazy slugs get to the courthouse at 10 a.m.
Arizona time. I guess they get everything done so they don't have to take
days off during deliberation. The late start tells me they won't probably get
to a verdict today. Nancy Grace said she would rather have a mistrial and start over than let her go for a lesser charge/acquittal which would mean jurors who wanted murder 1 or m2 would be caving just to reach a verdict.
LA Guy

Studio City, CA

#5190 May 8, 2013
Where are you, GD:)

OK, out of my place, be back around 4 PM,
you have the code at the entrance and my
key, so just let yourself in

Hope I'm not driving and hear the verdict

All of these New's Alerts every 30 minutes
on HLN are bogus, relating to some trivia
Fracture

Spring, TX

#5191 May 8, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Tried to arrange some of yesterday to catch some live testimony: Jodi did well in response to most questions, except for a sly smile after telling Martinez that she had memory problems when men like him and Travis yelled at her. OK, that some a good comeback, but it would have been better if she had NOT smiled, which appeared as if she was congratulating herself for her good answer.
<quoted text>
You see things most do not get. The sly smile spoke legions as to her personality and resolve. It coud endear some jurors on her side and harden the others.
As to objections, Asked and Answered, one my favorites. My GF
does not like it when I use it with her, nor just "next question".
Defense not opting for the "Arguementative" objection, why
when Martinez is a Gift Horse.. Martinez also trying to tesitfy, he loves to lead ... lol
Jody is highly intelligent, about 130 IQ .. what's you take on this. Admirable command of English, despite 11th grade education.
Nurmi says a little over 100 IQ overall
She got a Roget's Thesaurus to study for the verbal part.

She tries to use words to impress people. She will use a word like edify often and then try to
use de-edify which I don't believe is a word. She thinks she is sly correcting Juan Martinez, but she could be sitting on death row or highlighting her Roget's Thesaurus while in jail for anywhere from 10 years to life to Death Row. She writes hateful tweets, taunting Juan Martinez and Nancy Grace via her former cellmate affectionately called Donutvan.

I think you got confused. Fairly certain Juan's IQ is in the 130 range or higher. Even when he acts like he is not paying attention to Shamu (dresses feminine) and Squeaky, he is taking in every word to use against them later.
CNJ

United States

#5192 May 8, 2013
Tex Waiting wrote:
<quoted text>
I can not imagine what the hold up would be. I heard that they are not reviewing evidence.
I'm betting that there are some who want to go Murder 2 so the judge will have to decide and they
will be free to go. Maximum time 22 years with Murder 2. In my mind, that is not enough time.
Of course, something always beats nothing.
if she gets max 22yrs she will only serve about 11 which she almost has done 5yrs & she is having the time of her life in jail-more friends & attention then she ever had, she doesn't have to work, thousands of dollars in her account, unlimited commisary & phone, people are selling her art for her, she has a secretary for tweeting, and she is winning singing contests! I won't be satisfied with that penalty. She needs to suffer not be rewarded for slaughtering a good man. If she ever gets out - she will not be scared she will be a bigger monster then before.
Fracture

Spring, TX

#5193 May 8, 2013
Sinister wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a sham. Edith is supposed to keep her lips puckered to his a-us.
She probably lives in Citrus Heights or downtown Sacto. I hope she's a Latina or Asian.LOL
My vote is Citrus Heights, but she only paid $120,000, so it is probably a fancy mobile home or manufactured housing. I'll bet she has one of those cheap benches you put together on her porch
and a hillbilly wreath on the front door that says Welcome.

(You know I just like to kid around. No harm intended). Feel free to reciprocate.
Fracture

Spring, TX

#5194 May 8, 2013
Jury came to a verdict, no mistrial in this case.

Unanimously decided.

Announced at 1:30 p.m.
Nellie

Saint Augustine, FL

#5195 May 8, 2013
430pm eastern time..I will be patient...(try my best)After the Casey anthony,verdict...anything is possible...personally, I think Jodi arias is as guilty as sin..no matter how intelligent her Einstein brain thinks...that she can fool everyone..GUILTY.......
Fracture

Spring, TX

#5196 May 8, 2013
CNJ wrote:
<quoted text> if she gets max 22yrs she will only serve about 11 which she almost has done 5yrs & she is having the time of her life in jail-more friends & attention then she ever had, she doesn't have to work, thousands of dollars in her account, unlimited commisary & phone, people are selling her art for her, she has a secretary for tweeting, and she is winning singing contests! I won't be satisfied with that penalty. She needs to suffer not be rewarded for slaughtering a good man. If she ever gets out - she will not be scared she will be a bigger monster then before.
I am hoping it is Murder 1 and then go from there. She will probably get a migraine and they will wait until tomorrow. Or maybe she will have diarrhea. Slap a Depends on her, give her some migraine meds, borrow Granny's wheelchair and get this done!!!

After being in jail with other felons, she has learned more about how to do this again and get away with it. I do NOT believe she would not reoffend. She has gotten away with so much already. She may have had someone else break into her grandma's so she could say she didn't do it. She would probably be guilty of conspiracy to commit murder. She would find some dumb, easily led people to do her dirty work.

I have no doubt she would have a HIT LIST.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
arizona dps cops (Jan '11) 6 hr guest 8
News Jewish groups slam 'xenophobia' in US election 22 hr Mite Be 10
Frito lay tostitos fiesta bowl fails Sat guest 5
Frito lay lies to customers and employees (Dec '15) Sat guest 75
Frito lay makes rainbow chips in support of gay... Sat guest 4
Youngstown Music Thread Fri Musikologist 2
News Accused child molester turns himself in to police (May '07) Jul 9 Boy crush bj 11

Peoria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peoria Mortgages