Jodi Arias claims self-defense as mur...

Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 7233 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

LA Guy

Studio City, CA

#4714 May 4, 2013
JA a Stalker?

Why did she leave him,
move back to Yreka

Nurmi scored on this one

What do people not get about,
"Girls Do It All The Time"
LA Guy

Studio City, CA

#4715 May 4, 2013
Longshot bet

She could Walk
LA Guy

Studio City, CA

#4716 May 4, 2013
Remember Travis wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking about the difference in where Travis lived in Arizona and how life is here.
Texas could no doubt keep a court
in session five day's a week and
also afford lunch, A/C and a few
deputies for Saturday deliberations

Now, HLN, reporting jury deliberation
hours are 9-4:30.. considering breaks
and lunch it's almost Banking Hours

If a phone went off in a Texas court,
the moron would have been ejected
LA Guy

Studio City, CA

#4717 May 4, 2013
verdict by tue wrote:
Some countries allow conditions that "affect the balance of the mind" to be regarded as mitigating circumstances. This means that a person may be found guilty of "manslaughter"
on the basis of "diminished responsibility" rather than murder, if it can be proved that the killer was suffering from a condition that affected their judgment at the time.
Depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and medication side-effects are examples of conditions that may be taken into account when assessing responsibility
Interesting post

Jury could go their on their own,
this human nature factor in always
present

Juries will at times take pity (sympathy),
althought contra jury instruction

At times jury nullification come into play,
as in OJ in LA
LA Guy

Studio City, CA

#4718 May 4, 2013
verdict by tue wrote:
she is going to get 15 20 years
Good insight

LA Guy called that one
LA Guy

Studio City, CA

#4719 May 4, 2013
typo

jury could go there
LA Guy

Studio City, CA

#4720 May 4, 2013
Good Day wrote:
he sounds tired, or ??? she doesn't sound abused
LG, she is a killer because she wanted him and he said no, and told her again in AZ
she snapped on the reality check he gave her in AZ
remember she taped this, why, she was fake all over w/him
Hi Luv

TA telling her to get lost could be part of the equation,
cumulative in nature, but more due to verbal degredation,
lightweight being roughed up and the camera drop...I know
how guys think when a girl has been getting on their nerves
for some time and then something odd, but highly irritating
happen

He was damn mad, when the Cam splashed in the water, lashed
out, may have knocked her down, but even then, she knew he
was not going to kill her or even beat her

All cumulative in nature, she snapped, rage took over

All should keep in mind, that JA's mental descent did not
occur in a vacuum. No previous history of aggressiveness
and certainly not violence. TA was in charge and emboldened.
In the big picture he was a good guy, but also not to be messed
with. Why the punching back in his office. Yes, he was the
Alpha.
Houston Texas Trauma

Spring, TX

#4721 May 4, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
If this had happened in Texas, I would think that the jurors would have deliberated as long as allowed on Friday and might have reached a verdict. Do you remember the Raid on the Ranch at Eldorado?
Texas was criticized for the money it spent. Even churches volunteered their church vans to pick up the kids at the ranch. We were set to perhaps help one of the facilities if the kids were transferred somewhere close to Houston, Tx. Carol Jessop was also on the scene. She wrote the book, "Escape."

Utah and Arizona didn't know what to do with Warren Jeffs, so they sent him to Texas. Texas had no problem sending him to court in chains. All chained up and nowhere to go. I think I read the jury only deliberated 30 minutes. Warren Jeffs was a proven pedophile. There were underage girls having babies that matched Warren Jeffs' DNA. That is one reason it is so despicable for Jodi to lie and forge letters to try to turn Mr. Alexander into Mr. Jeffs. She is a disgusting piece of human flesh.

In one case here in Texas, the judge told the jurors if their phone went off in the courtroom, it would be confiscated for the remainder of the trial. When it went to deliberation, the phone cells were taken, labeled and not returned until the verdict was reached.

In a Texas courtroom, there would not be all the swilling of Pepsi and other Pepsi products. I'm not sure if gum is even allowed. I am sure there is no popcorn, cotton candy or snow cones.

Also, here I would think that even a neighbor would question not seeing another close neighbor for many days. People tend to be nosy and know their neighbors in a subdivision like that. I have in-law family in the mediocre part of Arizona and also some blood family in the nicer areas. Once is enough as far as Arizona goes.

One thing I do know is that Phoenix, Arizona is nothing like Houston, Texas.
Barb

Pendleton, IN

#4722 May 4, 2013
Jodi is going down and I don't mean on her knees to a guy.

THe state has proven their case against the slasher.
Houston Versus Mesa

Spring, TX

#4723 May 4, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Luv
TA telling her to get lost could be part of the equation,
cumulative in nature, but more due to verbal degredation,
lightweight being roughed up and the camera drop...I know
how guys think when a girl has been getting on their nerves
for some time and then something odd, but highly irritating
happen
He was damn mad, when the Cam splashed in the water, lashed
out, may have knocked her down, but even then, she knew he
was not going to kill her or even beat her
All cumulative in nature, she snapped, rage took over
All should keep in mind, that JA's mental descent did not
occur in a vacuum. No previous history of aggressiveness
and certainly not violence. TA was in charge and emboldened.
In the big picture he was a good guy, but also not to be messed
with. Why the punching back in his office. Yes, he was the
Alpha.
I don't believe her David Copperfield Camera skit that she orchestrated. It is all b.s.
She may have thought she could make the crime scene confusing enough that she might get away with it. Remember, she knew how to manipulate things and had a manipulative nature. I don't believe the sex photos were taken the day of the murder. She could have loaded pictures onto that memory card or taken pictures on there and changed the time stamps. I believe the murder took longer than her little skit allowed. I think it took her a while to carve divots out of his skull, attack his neck and make knife wounds front and back. Also, how did she manage to stick a knife in deep enough to sever a major blood vessel going into his heart? How and when did she managed get him in a position where she could slit his throat if it was her working alone? And how, if she had NEVER handled a handgun did she just happen to know how to shoot it? I got many different weapons out yesterday and I had to remember the nuances of each weapon. Sure, an idiot who has never fired a weapon might get lucky. Also, it took me time to find all the weapons. My spouse had moved the weapons. Some were on a top shelf and I had to clear everything in front of it before getting the case the weapons were in. Then I had to remember that yet another one I had moved to a different location. Then I had to locate the ammo. I don't keep the ammo that goes with each gun packaged with the weapon so someone can't get the gun, load it and lay in wait. It might be interesting to see how people here who have weapons store the weapons and ammo, just for fun until the verdict is done.
Houston Versus Mesa

Spring, TX

#4724 May 4, 2013
should be "manage to get"...even a great typist can make a typo here and there.
;-)

p.s. Dr. Horn didn't focus on the gunshot wound because it wasn't the cause of death. As an ME he focuses on the cause of death. More important was the slitting of the throat and the knife wound that severed the vessel going into the heart. He ruled the case as a homicide. He was correct.

Also, Jenny_Poo didn't seem to be able to understand the simplest of science concepts. I'm guessing she only took however many hours of science and math that it took to get her Bachelor of Arts and then off to law school. It's nothing against her. It wasn't her field of interest. On the flip side, look at the education Dr. Horn had to have had to get through medical school. Biology, Anatomy, Organic/Inorganic Chemistry, Physics/Upper Level Math, and he is board certified x 3.

Jenny_Poo is an expert at being argumentative and condescending. Do you have any idea why Quirky Kirk Circle J was given the duty of all of the closing arguments for the defense? It was like watching a Narwhal circle in the ocean. He needed some floaties before going in the deep end. I know he does a lot of cases involving sexual components. He focused too much on the sexual part of their relationship. The tape had probably been manipulated too. I wouldn't put anything past the prostitute-like JA. You really should do some research on her family. The term "circus people" comes to mind.
Houston Versus Mesa

Spring, TX

#4725 May 4, 2013
I don't know the character list names for Frankenweenie, but there's a character who resembles Jodi. She might also get to be a Corpse Bride.

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screen...
Houston Versus Mesa

Spring, TX

#4726 May 4, 2013
http://www.bing.com/images/search...

Jodi tried to get into this pose with Det. Flores.
She wanted out of the handcuffs so she could show him her flexibility.
She had already showed off her flexibility by stretching all the way back and jutting out her crotch. I would imagine she is the kind of girl who had more than one TRAIN pulled on her. She has no other talents. Oral fixation and flexibility are her talents. Did anyone see all of her lick lipping, tongue poking and other oral gymnastics in the courtroom?

It was also funny that after flipping Nancy Grace off on twitter, Nancy Grace was actually in the courtroom and Jodi wouldn't make eye contact. On top of everything else, "Weird Girl" is also a coward.
Houston Versus Mesa

Spring, TX

#4727 May 4, 2013
http://www.bing.com/images/search...

If Jodi had her blonde hair back, this would have been a pic of her from the defense table. She looks like a different person with dark hair. With the goofball glasses, she is a dead ringer for Sally Field in the movie, "Sybil"...

If it was found that she suffered from DID/MPD and really didn't know that one of her "Troops" had committed the murder, I might have felt some compassion.
She, however, is a stone cold schizo sociopath.
Houston Versus Mesa

Spring, TX

#4728 May 4, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
JA a Stalker?
Why did she leave him,
move back to Yreka
Nurmi scored on this one
What do people not get about,
"Girls Do It All The Time"
No, "Narwhal" did not score.
"Weird Girl" moved back to Yreka because Travis wouldn't let her move in with him, eat him out of house and home and let her STD's ooze into his bed sheets. If you listen to the interrogation interviews, she said she moved back because she couldn't keep a job in Mesa Az and had no money or way to support herself. She never wanted to live in Yreka. She claims she and her dad had a fight about the family moving to Yreka. She always head herself out as better than other people.

I haven't created a chart of where all she lived with Bobby Juarez, Matthew McCartney and Darryl Brewer. She only wanted Darryl for his "pimp juice" and scored a small house where she had her own bedroom. Once she saw how Travis lived with the nice house and BMW, she dropped Darryl like a hot potato. She didn't realize that Travis wasn't living the real Arizona lifestyle which requires a fifth wheel parked to the side of your home and at least a postage stamp sized pool in the backyard. I'm very familiar with the Arizona Snots who think if they get a house and take out equity to buy fifth wheels and high end cars that they are WEALTHY. What they are is stupid and in debt up to their eyeballs.

Travis mentioned that he could lose his house. Was he in one of those interest only loan deals? Did he take out equity to maintain his "Hog Nasty Rich" lifestyle? In one of the tapes, he said, "Do you want to be Hog Nasty Rich?"

More to come later ;-)
Houston Versus Mesa

Spring, TX

#4729 May 4, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Typo won't fly, the jury heard, seed planted...lol
Dr Horn was mediocre
Aside from the Typo half ass excuse,
what about the dangling participle or
non sequitur if you like
Or a real pro...."Geometry"
You are up early, no luck at the T Club,
you could have thrown up a last minute
"Hook Up" add on Craigslist
He was trying to find a word DimWit could understand.

He had to explain the word autolyze to her.
He had to use words like "slush" and "pudding" for her pea brain to comprehend.
Even when Dr. Horn told her the brain had to be placed in a pan to run the knife through the pudding-like brain, Dimwit kept insisting that he was able cut slices through the brain. She is a true over educated no common sense imbecile. He was merely explaining to her that just because the brain had medium level decomposition and no blood track to follow, he could still use simple geometry and draw a line (which he did on the computer screen) to show the trajectory of the bullet. She was fixated on an exit wound leaving the body and didn't realize that the bullet entered the skull at one point, went through the frontal lobe and exited the brain, entering another section of the skull. Her family must have paid to get a degree printed. Yikes!
Houston Versus Mesa

Spring, TX

#4730 May 4, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's also sad that Travis doesn't have a mother to go to bat for him like the mother of
Dana Clair Edwards in San Antonio Tx. She tried to get the murderer to confess by sending him communications that she knew he was the killer. That failing, the case was based on circumstantial evidence. There was a videotape that showed his white Tahoe circling where Dana lived. There was also videotape of someone tall walking behind the fence to where her condo was located. Cell phone records placed him close to her condo and later placed him at the area where he dumped her dog's body (Grit). I'm not sure how long the jury deliberated, but at some point they asked to see the phone records again and the prosecution was pleased. In the end, he was convicted of murder and sentenced to forty years such that he would be 80 something when released, if released. Then he goes to jail and pleads poverty on his appeal. His parents live in a $700,000 home. He wants to play the indigent card like "Weird Girl" and her family. The difference is that his family has some money.
Houston Versus Mesa

Spring, TX

#4731 May 4, 2013
verdict by tue wrote:
Some countries allow conditions that "affect the balance of the mind" to be regarded as mitigating circumstances. This means that a person may be found guilty of "manslaughter"
on the basis of "diminished responsibility" rather than murder, if it can be proved that the killer was suffering from a condition that affected their judgment at the time.
Depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and medication side-effects are examples of conditions that may be taken into account when assessing responsibility
She wasn't on medication (if we believe her)

And if she was quivering with post traumatic stress or bed-dwelling depression, she wouldn't have planned and executed a 2,800 mile road trip with stops along the way to see ex-boyfriends
Matt McCartney and Darryl Brewer. She may have tried to play Anthony Hopkins in fracture and stole the .25 caliber gun and then maybe exchanged it for the .25 caliber gun she stole from her grandparents' shack in Yreka. If that .25 caliber gun hadn't been cleaned and was rusty, it might have only fired once. Who knows if it was that gun or a gun she got from someone else. It's funny how Matt McCartney would never betray her, but did he ever testify again after she tried to get her coded message out to him using a visitor? She is a real manipulative POS.
Houston Versus Mesa

Spring, TX

#4732 May 4, 2013
OLT, I laugh at the people who pretend to be so offended by the language, sex acts, etc. Have none of them ever seen "Weeds" "Saving Grace" "Shameless"
"House of LIes" Do none of these people have the cash for HBO and Showtime?
The hypocrisy is appalling. Have none of them ever had a sex fantasy they might whisper over the phone or write by chat/text? Has no other woman besides "Weird Girl" even been awakened by her partner trying to go downtown or even maybe starting sex while the other partner is half asleep? I don't think you are going to sleep through O or V sex, so at the point you wake up, you can give your consent or jab them with an elbow and say NO.

One ex roommate said Jodi's bedroom had hot and cold running guys going in and coming out. Was she running a brothel from her apt.? She was only somewhat good at one thing. Can anyone guess what that was?

No wonder TA got mad and called her a corrupted carcass. What else would you call someone when you found out that they indeed were used up in every hole in their body? Guys, wouldn't you be angry? He was lucky to not get AIDS or a serious STD like syphillis, herpes, chlamydia, etc.
Give her death

Westland, MI

#4733 May 4, 2013
verdict by tue wrote:
the verdict will not be pre meditated. crime of passion yes
Juan Martinez said this:

"If it was a crime of passion she wouldn't have directed a hit to where it would kill him, but when he goes down there is a direct strike to his neck, where it will kill him."
"It was a well-orchestrated kill."

"The state is asking that you return a verdict of guilty, a verdict of first degree murder, not just premeditated murder, but also felony murder, for no other reason than it's your duty, and the facts and law support it," Martinez said at the end of his statement. Well-said, Mr. Martinez. Beautiful job, sir.

Jury,

Do your duty!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Tue chuckles 920
Frito lay tostitos fiesta bowl fails Tue guest 6
Frito lay lies to customers and employees (Dec '15) Tue guest 76
Arizona Hot Sauce expo Jul 25 Burnsandmccoy 1
News Accused child molester turns himself in to police (May '07) Jul 9 Boy crush bj 11
Review: Deep Within Recovery Inc (May '10) Jun '16 Todd l 29
White people secretly want to be black (Oct '10) Jun '16 Edgar 125

Peoria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peoria Mortgages