Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

Jan 2, 2013 Full story: KTVK Phoenix 7,233

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Full Story
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4471 May 1, 2013
LG, My Dad had a taylor,nice suits made because he was 6'5"...
I still think, if I saw you coming down the hall, I'd probably drop my things,:)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4472 May 1, 2013
tailor ...
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4473 May 1, 2013
LG I'll need to go to bed at 9 :) I hope that's good w/you...
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4474 May 1, 2013
... need to sleep at 9 :)
Lexington

United States

#4475 May 1, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Ms Wilmont looks alarmed or maybe just tired.
JM just rested. He did OK, but spent a lot of time trying to rehabilitate DR DM's half assed work. Dr Geffert held up well.
Dr Drew now on, bad mouthing Dr Geffert, but made an interesting remark as to the Jury actually liking him.
Wow, Dr Drew's panel badmouthing Mr Martinez, surprised to hear this from them. Mentioned that JM was coming off as a bully and was more of a destraction in arguing about stuff like page numbers.
I do not care for most of these panels. They are just trying to hedge their bets, since early on they claimed it was a slam dunk.
La you have to be kidding us, this was the worst expert yet. He really had nothing to add but getting paid to discredit DR, Demarte. He is boring. While I believe that he is an expert, he didn't even talk to Jodi. I am sure there will be another expert that agree's with her diagnois. Psychology is just guess work with nothing but opinions to back it up.
Lexington

United States

#4476 May 1, 2013
One more thing on Dr. Gefferd, when you use "Just for Men" on your hair, do the mustache. It is distracting.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4477 May 1, 2013
Good Day wrote:
... need to sleep at 9 :)
OK, Hun ... not going in tomorrow, so we can catch
up then ... sweet dreams:)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4478 May 1, 2013
LA Guy"
OK, Hun ... not going in tomorrow, so we can catch
up then ... sweet dreams:)
==========
ok good, very good :)
thank you & you too xoxo
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4479 May 1, 2013
Lex you're funny .. LG's all yours :)
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4480 May 1, 2013
Lexington wrote:
<quoted text>
La you have to be kidding us, this was the worst expert yet. He really had nothing to add but getting paid to discredit DR, Demarte. He is boring. While I believe that he is an expert, he didn't even talk to Jodi. I am sure there will be another expert that agree's with her diagnois.
It was about the half ass testing by Dr DM .. according to Dr Geffner, she apparently failed in her testing model, incomplete.
If you are currently listening to the juries questions to him, it is apparently they are giving him some degree of credence.

I know Lex, defies logic as to not interviewing her, but apparently this is one is about the testing procedures. Dr
DM apparently did not even know about some critical aspects
of standard testing. Hope, you are listening to this this
part of his testimony.

Lex, I would not recommend you wager even one day's salary on a
First Degree conviction.

He is not even getting paid directly...funds going to a non profit institute he is associated with.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4481 May 1, 2013
Lex

Even Dr Drew thinks the jury likes him.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4482 May 2, 2013
Goodmorning Lover, time to wake up:)

Dozzed off for awhile, but my TV was still on
and awoke at 10:30 PM and the trial was still
going, went on to about midnight.

If this Judge had just ran the court some 30 minutes extra every day, or did not close for business just one extra Friday, this unheard of
marathon session would have not been necessary.

Mr Martinez's last wit was a Dr Jill Hayes, to
rebut Dr Geffner and also rehabilitate DR DeMarte.
Dr Jill Hayes, when pinned down by Ms Wilmont,
admitted to an irregularity in DM's resume.
Oh, and as to one of those outdated tests she
used, the new edition, the one she did not pur-
chase, sold for about a paltry $200 bucks

Martinez will prob keep Dr Jill Haye's number on his Rolodex. She was a pro, same as to Dr Geffner.

OK, Hun, today will be telling.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4483 May 2, 2013
Much respect to Ms Wilmont and Mr Martinez, for their tireless efforts in this marathon session. Both went right down to the wire (12 Midnight).
Both stayed sharp and focused. All know that Mr
Martinez extraordinarily does his homework, but so has Ms Wilmont.

America is Great, both are a testament to our
educational system, opportunities, judicial system and much more.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4484 May 2, 2013
HLN reporting that Mr Kirk Nurmi will conduct final Arguement

OK, Ms Judge, get this going, it's 10 AM
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4485 May 2, 2013
HLN Atty talking head, contends confusion as to Gun Shot first or last may very well come into play, could aid JA
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4486 May 2, 2013
Hi LG, good morning :)
I woke up around 7, went back to sleep... my left arm getting fatigued now- typing and basic activity, since my r arm is still sore :( not fun... may be another 5 days for real relief... my FF brother has offered to take care of the backyard weeds in a couple weeks, so nice, it's a big area for me, about 3500-4000 sq ft.* entire lot is 6000sq ft.
LG, I will never load up a huge extra large yard bag again; last year, I was fine doing everything from pruning to digging up big rocks. I'm going through running withdrawals :)
I will check back around 2 or 3 ... would rather be in here w/you, but I can't push it w/my left arm :(
re: your posts, agree on all, great writing, succinct, logical, as always :)
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4487 May 2, 2013
Good Day wrote:
Hi LG, good morning :)
I woke up around 7, went back to sleep... my left arm getting fatigued now- typing and basic activity, since my r arm is still sore :( not fun... may be another 5 days for real relief... my FF brother has offered to take care of the backyard weeds in a couple weeks, so nice, it's a big area for me, about 3500-4000 sq ft.* entire lot is 6000sq ft.
LG, I will never load up a huge extra large yard bag again; last year, I was fine doing everything from pruning to digging up big rocks. I'm going through running withdrawals :)
I will check back around 2 or 3 ... would rather be in here w/you, but I can't push it w/my left arm :(
re: your posts, agree on all, great writing, succinct, logical, as always :)
OK, Hun, take it easy. Seriously if you where in LA, would take you to a very legit Chinese non western Doc
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4488 May 2, 2013
LG Link was bad .. good one http://jmerritt.net/documents/Philosophy/Hist... just sharing what I found, you know all of this, anyway :) ok now done til later
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4489 May 2, 2013
Judge giving jury instructions, including the options of 2nd Degree and Manslaughter.

Seriously doubt if this jury will concur as to
First degree...easy compromise for a 2nd degree and also look for a good possibility of a Manslaughter conviction.

This judge is even giving Aggravated Assault instructions

JA, oddly so, looks refreshed and is avidly following these instructions.

Mr Martinez just started his arguement, he's a very good contemporaneous speaker.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4490 May 2, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, Hun, take it easy. Seriously if you where in LA, would take you to a very legit Chinese non western Doc
----------

you are so very sweet, made my day :)
xoxo as long as they only talk to God :) it's His universe :)
my Mom did therapeutic touch on me, and I know how to do it, but I ask God for healing, not the universe, not ying yang... I tell her to ask God :)... my Dad did some pressure point, acupuncture and things like that. I have one of his electrical stimulator equipment treatments, can use it in a few days on the muscles...
I had a really gentle physical therapist, and Sac. Dr. Alan Hirahara shoulder doc * River Cats Team baseball doc and Sac State, years ago, I had a frozen shoulder L side... adhesive capsulitis, and he never forced any meds or a horrific cortisone shot on me... he's amazing, even paid for me to have extended PT, I found out later, because he said I was a rare patient to do the work :)
LG, you're so nice, ok now done :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lyndell Cherry, 29, died at the scene 3 hr Yeah Boy 20
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 7 hr Ace75 646
us airways / american airlines 13 hr unhappy 5
Review: Exclusive Reception Hall 21 hr i agree 4
Holding? 23 hr St-James 1
McCain appears ready for 2016 reelection bid Wed Swedenforever 11
Debate: Gay Marriage - Phoenix, AZ (Jul '10) Wed pale 291
Peoria Dating
Find my Match

Peoria People Search