Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

Jan 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTVK Phoenix

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Comments
4,321 - 4,340 of 7,234 Comments Last updated Jun 15, 2014

Since: Jan 13

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of town will you be staying in.
Best places in West LA near Hollywood (old established upscale one's) and a few on Ventura Blvd, in San Fernando Valley. One of them was where Robert Blake (Berretta) last entertained his late con artist wife. He beat that murder charge, just a few years ago.
Let me know, since LA is huge. Also, so many overated overpriced Hipster places, that are not that good, but they get big write up's.
Stay in touch.
boogie'smom will have to get in the queue.
You got this worked out LG
Better than RSVP.com
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Good Day wrote:
LG, I love everything about you, I know who you are and very proud of you :)... women can lure men into all sorts of dark doors, I know that...
Protectors have a gift that is always present, and I love that you have that pic of your family's nun ... and your Mom gave you the scapular, and your Dad gave you and your brothers a great role model.
Thank You, Sweetheart
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Nodded off early, so now up a 4 AM ... so nice reading your tender and insightfull message.

Plan to start a regular mornng light workout regime, will start this morning. Also re-focusing on a higher nutreant breakfast. Do not want to loose or gain weight.

Catching a few minutes of morning news with Robin Meade (HLN) and she in streaming clips of experts debating the sequence (shot/stabbed). Apparently this will not go away. It's becoming more clear, as to DR Horn making his best guess and failing to adequately qualify. It all happen so fast, then the decomposition. Dr Horn, in my humble opinion, failed.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

GD

As to this morning news, not looking for clips on this case. Catch up later on JA/TA. Wanted some real news of the last 24 hours. They are also staying way too long on this Gay Basketball player coming out. Same as to CNN.

We have been on Topic since day one, since this is also a budding Love Story.

These
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

typo

These
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

FYI

LA Guy posts on subjects matters relating to his field of expertise and real life experiences.

This declaration was previously posted.

Look that one up, Alamo...what do you not get
about context.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>But travis also believed in the law of attraction.
That he did. Nothing Novel to this phenomena. It just got commercially Hijacked in "The Secrete"

Alamo, has prob read it...lol

Thes PPL hustlers use it all in their recruitment,
as do the myriad of most multi marketing schemes.

JA was approached out of the blue when she was working at
the luxury Ventana Resort in Big Sur, by some dude who first
asked her where she saw herself in five years. He told her her
she coukd retire in five years. Thus, the PPL entrapment started.

Little could anyone fanthom that this hustle, would result in an Age Old Tragedy once again played out on the Stage of Life.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

JA was never predisposed to kill.
City By The Bay

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

La ,, still no response as to why she rented a vehicle 100 miles away from her residence. Do you think its a big coincidence that the same caliber gun stolen from grandparents house was used in the murder.

You are LE ,,,wouldnt that raise some red flags if you were the lead investigator.
City By The Bay

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

LA,, why did she need the 5 gallon gas jugs. Do you have any suspicion that she might have considered burning down the house or burning evidence. Do you agree that she lied about returning a gas jug to wal mart.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You, Sweetheart
----------
Good morming LG :) You're welcome
like your posts :) agree w/BB story is too much, there's a push to change traditional life
City By The Bay

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

GD, do you have any thoughts as to why Jodi waited 13 hours to finally carry out her plan to murder
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

LG I need to go back to sleep, didm't sleep well last night, talk later :) are you going in for a full day? Godspeed

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

I believe that Jodi went there to give him one more chance to pick her, that's why she didn't just kill him right away. She used sex to try and change his mind. I don't even think it had anything to do with his upcoming trip, she just wanted to be a part of his life and I think he told he,r one more time, that was not going to happen and she flipped out. She had just spent like 13 hours working him over, putting out all her best moves and it did't work the way she wanted it to.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Good Day wrote:
LG I need to go back to sleep, didm't sleep well last night, talk later :) are you going in for a full day? Godspeed
OK, Hun, be back in the afternoon.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

no1 granny wrote:
I believe that Jodi went there to give him one more chance to pick her, that's why she didn't just kill him right away. She used sex to try and change his mind. I don't even think it had anything to do with his upcoming trip, she just wanted to be a part of his life and I think he told he,r one more time, that was not going to happen and she flipped out. She had just spent like 13 hours working him over, putting out all her best moves and it did't work the way she wanted it to.
Nice to hear from you again. Why no pic? R U taking some new one's?

Granted, JA no doubt used all of her pursuasion to convince him, but he had told her to leave before. They both could not stay away from one another You know how that goes when the sex is so damn good. Right, No 1 Grandma. She was not going to kill the love of her love, just because he told her that it was over for the tenth time. Too much for her to risk, she knew he would come back for more. Something real nasty happen in the last fifteen minutes and she snapped.

You are correct, in that it had nothing to do with Cancun. No telling what he said or did in the last fifteen. Granted, no excuse, but mitigating factors. Are you seeing now as more of a Manslaughter. It is plausable that she was telling the truth about dropping the camera and he lashed out. He may have come out of the shower, mad as hell and talking real bad. He was not go to kill her though, but would have roughed her up. The dude had just paid $400 for that camera and was taking it to Cancun to take pics of some babes. No disrespect meant.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

City By The Bay wrote:
LA,, why did she need the 5 gallon gas jugs. Do you have any suspicion that she might have considered burning down the house or burning evidence. Do you agree that she lied about returning a gas jug to wal mart.
She was the type who could burn down a guys house when he was not at home. Prob did lie about not returning the gas cans. She's sick in her own way, after getting her brains scrambled. As to the testimony of the Wal Mart employee, who went through all of the records. I believe that she did not find a return, but doubt that the Wal-Mart records are that trustworthy. We have all been in Wal Marts and they are busy operation. Anyway, Mr Martine a made his point. He has over proved his case, but still not adequately explained the Why...nor overcome what could have occurred in the last fifteen minutes. Remember that Reasonable Doubt always tilts in favor to the accused and premeditation has not been proved in my humble opinion.

It comes down much more to the last fifteen, since she was in the house for some 13 hours. If the Sex Tapes (and texts) did not exist, maybe a First Degree verdict, but even then it's a stretch.

Would you settle for a 2nd degree conviction, max of 22 years, less time served. JA would like the Manslaughter, with about 15 year cap, less time served
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Alamo Heights wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get your submissive, GD (Go Donavan the DonutVan) under control.
Thanks.
In the meantime, I am waiting for date night.
Black cocktail dress
Black Ninas with jeweled detail
Lacy Thong underwear
Fresh twist loose updo
Blood red lips
Smoky eyes
Lacy underwire bra
Black hose that go thigh high or maybe some garter action
Lately, it will feel like the first time, the very first time.
My spouse comes from a place where men know how to love a
woman until she screams and moans with ecstasy.
Afterwards, we will fill the garden tub with rose petals and sip wine
by candle light.
That was good and it would have started to "Tingle" if I had not read it about five years ago and it was coming from a babe. You have a penchant for plagerizing.

Did you go to one of those schools like Dr DM, old stale material.
You as a clinician, no doubt, would at least have had the perceptive powers to figure out that JA could read.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Update

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_ ...

Jodi Arias trial update: Defense, prosecutor want more witnesses

Posted: 12:38 PM
Last Updated: 22 minutes ago

• By: abc15.com staff

PHOENIX - The final details of the Jodi Arias trial were sorted out on Tuesday, as both sides requested additional witnesses take the stand before closing arguments.

Arias' defense team has asked for Dr. Robert Geffner, Ph.D. as a surrebuttal witness to impeach the state’s rebuttal expert, Dr. Janeen DeMarte, according to Maricopa County Attorney's Office spokesman Jerry Cobb.

Arias’ attorney Jennifer Willmott wrote,“Dr. Geffner is necessary and critical to Ms. Arias’ defense after this court allowed the state to present new evidence during rebuttal via its witness Dr. Janeen DeMarte.”

In the notice filed by the defense team on Saturday, Willmott requested Geffner also be used to discredit the testimony of medical examiner Dr. Kevin Horn, M.D., regarding brain injury and incapacitation.

“Dr. Geffner is a neuropsychologist,” added Willmott.

According to legal analyst Jeffrey Evan Gold, prosecutor Juan Martinez is also asking that another witness be alowed to testify -- Jill Hayes, Ph.D., of New Orleans. Hayes is an expert in psychological and neuropsychological functioning.

The Arias trial resumes Wednesday morning in Phoenix.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

no1 granny wrote:
Update
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_ ...
Jodi Arias trial update: Defense, prosecutor want more witnesses
Posted: 12:38 PM
Last Updated: 22 minutes ago
• By: abc15.com staff
PHOENIX - The final details of the Jodi Arias trial were sorted out on Tuesday, as both sides requested additional witnesses take the stand before closing arguments.the
Arias' defense team has asked for Dr. Robert Geffner, Ph.D. as a surrebuttal witness to impeach the state’s rebuttal expert, Dr. Janeen DeMarte, according to Maricopa County Attorney's Office spokesman Jerry Cobb.
Arias’ attorney Jennifer Willmott wrote,“Dr. Geffner is necessary and critical to Ms. Arias’ defense after this court allowed the state to present new evidence during rebuttal via its witness Dr. Janeen DeMarte.”
In the notice filed by the defense team on Saturday, Willmott requested Geffner also be used to discredit the testimony of medical examiner Dr. Kevin Horn, M.D., regarding brain injury and incapacitation.
“Dr. Geffner is a neuropsychologist,” added Willmott.
According to legal analyst Jeffrey Evan Gold, prosecutor Juan Martinez is also asking that another witness be alowed to testify -- Jill Hayes, Ph.D., of New Orleans. Hayes is an expert in psychological and neuropsychological functioning.
The Arias trial resumes Wednesday morning in Phoenix.
Thank's for the update, No 1 Granny. You do good work. So, both sides want more wits, the jury may not get this case until next week.

This Judge should have been running her court Five days a week and promptly starting at 9 AM...just caught one of the HLN's talking heads, mentioning that many are complaining about short work week and her not taking adeguate control of her court... but then went went into some nonsense about how the judge is burdened with too many moving parts and scheduling practices...whatever in the hell that means.

Need an updated pic, make it interesting...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Peoria Discussions

Search the Peoria Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Nostradamus (Jan '14) 1 hr nobody 63
Females become nurses just to leer at nude male... 17 hr Cow Tipper 8 5
Floods force dramatic rescues in Phoenix area 18 hr MIKETOUHY 1
Uncle Niece sex....Incest? Relationship? (Aug '13) 19 hr els 17
Ace Hardware is RUDE 21 hr Bernie Lomax 18
Review: Choi Orthodontics Tue Clarksmith 6
prostitutes on 27th ave (Jan '10) Mon hookerhelpingpimp... 45
•••
•••