Jodi Arias claims self-defense as mur...

Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 7233 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

LA Guy

United States

#4168 Apr 28, 2013
Talk later:)
LA Guy

United States

#4169 Apr 28, 2013
Fog Lifter

Thought you would appreciate this one.

CBS Sunday Morning Show interviewing Jeremy Irons, streaming a clip from his Role as Claus Van Bulow.

His Atty tells him he has one thing going for him.

A pensive Iron's asks, what would that be

His attorney replies..."Everybody Hates You"
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4170 Apr 28, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodmorning GD:
Sorry for falling asleep on my girl, guy's are know to do it...lol
Padded Head Board something they have been calling Capucinno Brown (lol), but it is much darker than Capucinno coffee...Started with the thermal, but at some point in the early AM it automaticaly came off.
It's 7 AM, relaxing with my first cup, thinking about you.
Meeting buddy in SM, breakfast, then a place called Beverly Center where the beautifull fake crowd hangs out, lol ... My good friend is a little ostentatous and thinks he has to overspend $$$ for a shirt ... The Macy's there does have a great selection of jeans, maybe pick up a pair of my favorites (Hugo Boss) if they are on sale. You know, Hun, they just fit me right. Will return about 4 PM. In the old days, I would swing by Thai Town on Hollwood Blvd for a massage, but truthfully moving away from the Asian thing.
LG loved this :) love how you write ...my response disappeared??? after I typed it w/my left hand, because my right arm is sore..
agree w/everything you said & understand sleep, definitely..
LG, still saying:) these other 2 have husbands to talk with and the comments about other trials, etc.. are running over our time to talk :) if I was married I wouldn't be in here talking to you. So when I see those emoticons clueless, I laugh, it's so obvious you have a brilliant mind, you're so interesting, and empathetic. You have something that brings them back every day, throughout the day... just noticing this recently, and it occurred to me... because I know I can tell you anything :) I know you're not trying, and that's another great quality you have:) A spouse would learn a lot, to see how you communicate :)
Alamo Heights

Spring, TX

#4171 Apr 28, 2013
I don't waste my time grading posts. It's not me.

As for your conversations with LA_G, some seem a little too personal for TOPIX. Just don't see why you don't Facebook chat the mundane details of what your are wearing, eating, and what the thread count on your sheets are at least until the trial is over and then you can have the whole board to yourselves.
LOL Can you just not control yourself since you must both be enjoying senior discounts. Do you not know how to Facebook? I can help.
Alamo Heights

Spring, TX

#4172 Apr 28, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
GD
I know, tired of talking about JA, but did you catch Dr Horn's ambiquos "Geometry" dangling participle
Ms Wilmont just smiled and then "Nothing Else Your Honor" ... the reserved almost poker face Dr Horn, had an odd look on his face
The thing is that in order to be a doctor, one must take all kinds of math, science, physics, etc.
that I'm pretty sure "Squeaky Mott_Trott" never had the brains to even attempt.

Look up trajectory and the math/physics equations. Do you really think Homecoming Queen
Contender Barbie could really do any of that math, much less fathom what Dr. Horn was talking about?
Sorry, but your girl must have gotten an undergraduate degree in something really easy.

How many tries to finally pass the bar? She's your girl. You find the answers.
Alamo Heights

Spring, TX

#4173 Apr 28, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
As to Dr Horn, did you catch the last cross exam? Ms Wilmont had him briefly on the ropes. There still remained a few subtle ambiquities and the big cavaets of decompostion. He was not convincing as to the degree of instant brain damage and incapacity, although he estimated that TA would have been without reflexes in a 3 seconds time frame. Histoy is replete with those suffering a small claiber gunshot wound to the head, with some fight left in them.
Squeaky wouldn't know the difference between trajectory and Jodi's blowhole (pardon my French).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trajectory

Look up the Mafia. I will tell you why later.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4174 Apr 28, 2013
LG, I'm home today w/this sore arm, and my neighbors came by to offer me yard help... so nice :)
----------
Dr. Horn and JM: did they meet before the trial w/Det. Flores and discuss Dr. Horn's findings? Det. Flores was very uncomfortable during DH's testimony. Whatever happened to a cohesive front? Reminds me of national politics.
----------
I read about a LB officer killing an armed criminal outside a store, times have gotten terrible there. I feel sorry for the people who can't afford to leave.
http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_23124453...
It was such a beautiful area at one time. My cousin lived there briefly, years ago... great little neighborhood, but the surrounding area was unstable, maybe section 8 was nearby.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4175 Apr 28, 2013
Hi Springs, it was the talk of JA's furnishings versus TA's, his clothes, closet, their outings, bedroom pics, his type of friends, etc. that brought up these convos, and others have shared their take as well. In fact, we got some info from your posts as well, yoga pants :) LG is a great conversationalist, obviously :)
* no difference between us snd other posting in here :) not mundane, it's personal, fun, and a window into a person's personality... I prefer it to the make believe scenarios posted. Every day life is great. Enjoyed some of your info here and there, as well as Pharma a woman, an the rest ...:)
Alamo Heights

Spring, TX

#4176 Apr 28, 2013
Good Day wrote:
Hi Springs, it was the talk of JA's furnishings versus TA's, his clothes, closet, their outings, bedroom pics, his type of friends, etc. that brought up these convos, and others have shared their take as well. In fact, we got some info from your posts as well, yoga pants :) LG is a great conversationalist, obviously :)
* no difference between us snd other posting in here :) not mundane, it's personal, fun, and a window into a person's personality... I prefer it to the make believe scenarios posted. Every day life is great. Enjoyed some of your info here and there, as well as Pharma a woman, an the rest ...:)
I prefer to be called AH girl to Springs. I am not a bed jumper.

I think your conversations are fake role play and a little of it goes a LONG way.
Continue on as it's your right to free speech.

Since: Jan 13

Bundoora, Australia

#4177 Apr 28, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
GD
I know, tired of talking about JA, but did you catch Dr Horn's ambiquos "Geometry" dangling participle
Ms Wilmont just smiled and then "Nothing Else Your Honor" ... the reserved almost poker face Dr Horn, had an odd look on his face
are they getting someone else in to refute him?
he wrote in the autopsy that the dura mater was intact that means the bullet never entered the brain.
secondly the grandfather's gun had 7 hollow point bullets in it when it was stolen. So although only .25 they can cause a lot more damage. The wound to Travis head that I had seen online was a neat and tidy hole. This would lend to it being some other kind of bullet and that perhaps another gun was used. Amazingly the same caliber. Do you think the Ninja story might be true?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4178 Apr 28, 2013
Alamo Heights wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your conversations are fake role play and a little of it goes a LONG way.
BINGO on the fake role play and a little of it goes a LONG way!

No worries, they will carry on like they have for months. If they did it privately, they would not have the audience they enjoy playing for so unfortunately, we will see their display of fake likeness for each other.

What professional LE asks someone on a public board if they wear a bra or shaves their nether region? That right there shows me LAG is a fraud. If he ever had any LE position and "moved up," I strongly question it. More likely he was demoted or kicked out.

Whew. Glad to get that out. Now on to rehearing parts of this case, as the end is near.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4179 Apr 28, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
are they getting someone else in to refute him?
he wrote in the autopsy that the dura mater was intact that means the bullet never entered the brain.
secondly the grandfather's gun had 7 hollow point bullets in it when it was stolen. So although only .25 they can cause a lot more damage. The wound to Travis head that I had seen online was a neat and tidy hole. This would lend to it being some other kind of bullet and that perhaps another gun was used. Amazingly the same caliber. Do you think the Ninja story might be true?
As far as I know, the next witness the defense team is putting on is Dr. Geffner to try to refute Dr. DeMarte's testimony. Nothing to refute Dr. Horn's testimony.

As for the "7 hollow point bullets," I do not know. The pictures of the gun shot wound to Alexander's head was several days old, so there is no telling if it was that neat and tidy when it actually first happened. I do not know.

I have seen or heard of no other evidence about another gun being used.

I think the "Ninja story" was something conjured up by Arias after some time being interrogated by the LE's. Again, there has been no evidence to support there were others in Alexander's home when he was killed. If by chance there were other people in the house or another gun was used, then most definitely the LE has completely mishandled this entire case. Quite a conspiracy theory against Arias, yes?
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4180 Apr 28, 2013
Alamo Heights wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, all caps. Shouting isn't necessary. No need I guess for using emoticons, when you are very clear about how disapproving you are of our conversations :)
We're true blue in CA, and yes, free speech has always been active here :)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4181 Apr 28, 2013
RR253, just like you to make ignorant comments. You're still harping on LG's profession. lol
You must have a bra fixation, because no one ever asked me about one... Get your facts straight before you ramble on here. lol
LA Guy

United States

#4182 Apr 28, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
LG loved this :) love how you write ...my response disappeared??? after I typed it w/my left hand, because my right arm is sore..
agree w/everything you said & understand sleep, definitely..
LG, still saying:) these other 2 have husbands to talk with and the comments about other trials, etc.. are running over our time to talk :) if I was married I wouldn't be in here talking to you. So when I see those emoticons clueless, I laugh, it's so obvious you have a brilliant mind, you're so interesting, and empathetic. You have something that brings them back every day, throughout the day... just noticing this recently, and it occurred to me... because I know I can tell you anything :) I know you're not trying, and that's another great quality you have:) A spouse would learn a lot, to see how you communicate :)
Your really are a sweetheart...thank you you kind comments.

Sorry to hear that your arm is still sore, do you use any lointments of salve. I like Mineral Ice, most are somewhat the same anyway, menthol.

Aside from our humanistic communications, you have always seen many things other have no clue about and have added so much to this thread. Like you a lot, communicate off line soon.

Oh, Ramblin Rose came back, she had even previously shared about the fare at her family reunion....Watermenllon, BarBQue and Cornbread ... think I use to refer to her by a Number...anyway, she is OK with me

previouslky
LA Guy

United States

#4183 Apr 28, 2013
Good Day wrote:
RR253, just like you to make ignorant comments. You're still harping on LG's profession. lol
You must have a bra fixation, because no one ever asked me about one... Get your facts straight before you ramble on here. lol
GD, did not see this one, as I was typing, even Menioned RR253
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4184 Apr 28, 2013
Springs must be synonymous w/schizophrenic. Did you forget? You're all over topix, with so many names, in so many categories, many of which no one replies to, and now you want to be called another name. lol but, we're fake , please, get a reality check along w/RR the rambling accuser.
good man

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4185 Apr 28, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, in simple terms she did snap. They were both caught up in a highly sexually fueled vortex, with elements of BDSM. A dangerous erotic game, with Travis as the Dom, who degraded her and broke her down emotionaly. He said or did something while in the shower, which finaly pushed her into a blurred rage. She loved Travis too much. This is a crime of passion and is traditionaly charged in most jurisdictions as manslaughter. Latina women are prone to lash out at continued abuse, much more so than other races.
FYI - I'm a handsome successfull white male in LA, who is aware of the dynamics in cases like this one. I have also dated women who look like Jody and who had the same demeanor on the surface.
Why did she bring gas cans and turn her license plate upside down.. Why would she make up s many lies. The worse part other then the actual killing was allowing Travis body to decompose so his family and friends could not have an open casket wake.
good man

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4186 Apr 28, 2013
jodi stole the gun and staged a break in
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4187 Apr 28, 2013
Hi LG, Once again, all is right with the world :)
You're so thoughtful :) I just need to rest my arm for a day or two. There's very little heat coming from it, and no redness, so I know it's on the mend :) How are you? And, how was your time w/your buddy?

I detect jealousy from the rambling accuser and springs. All of the complaints about us; they need to get a life beyond us :) I've seen quite a few forums w/2 people hitting it off, and I've never seen any derogatory, nevermind attacking someone's profession, before. Must be remnants of Facebook behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Wed HotnPhx 1,176
News Shuttered Mexican-American studies program back... Tue Quirky 1
Review: M&P Venture Partners LLC (Mar '13) Jul 18 Tell the Truth 22
Beware scammy dog 'rescue' Jul 17 Dog Rescue Scam 1
New to you AZ Jul 5 JJJ 2
Review: Valley Of The Sun Pediatrics (Jun '11) Jun '17 Katie 8
News White supremacist gang busted (May '06) Apr '17 u reap what u sow 228

Peoria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peoria Mortgages