Jodi Arias claims self-defense as mur...

Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 7233 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4107 Apr 26, 2013
LG :) MDR, when will you move in? I'm excited for you. Good for you. You were patient in the whole process, proud of you. I remember when you had your eye on a previous property and someone came in w/cash... those foreign investors buying sight unseen... anyway, good on you LG :) like I said before, you've paid your dues and deserve it.
LA Guy

United States

#4108 Apr 26, 2013
Thank's Luv

Should have keys in about three weeks .. doing an early inspection was tactical on my part to move it along.

Many obstgacles now to buying a condo, even more than before, aside from usual appraisal, they can do their own inspection, delve into every aspect of Home Owners Assoc, pendng lawsuits, reserves even beyond the usual for acts of nature which nay damage the bldg, multiple proof of Homeowner's Assoc Master insurance policy, proof of owners insurance for interior, type of roof, access to major plumbing and even more. These bldgs have been up for twenty years in the highly codified City of LA, with rigorous contruction requirments, but hey treat it like they may be blown over by a strong wind...lol
LA Guy

United States

#4109 Apr 26, 2013
NG now making some snarky remarks on the indcredible length of this trial, remarked that the Judge has been keeping Banking Hours... but then caught herself and made some complimentary remarks.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4110 Apr 26, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Thank's Luv
Should have keys in about three weeks .. doing an early inspection was tactical on my part to move it along.
Many obstgacles now to buying a condo, even more than before, aside from usual appraisal, they can do their own inspection, delve into every aspect of Home Owners Assoc, pendng lawsuits, reserves even beyond the usual for acts of nature which nay damage the bldg, multiple proof of Homeowner's Assoc Master insurance policy, proof of owners insurance for interior, type of roof, access to major plumbing and even more. These bldgs have been up for twenty years in the highly codified City of LA, with rigorous contruction requirments, but hey treat it like they may be blown over by a strong wind...lol
Great work, interesting :) love how you write :)
What time are you going to sleep?:)

Since: Jan 13

Bundoora, Australia

#4111 Apr 26, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Pharmabill, you are breaking your critical analysis format on this one. Heretofore, you have refrained from like type remarks.
I asked, and my future GF answered me.
do you know how to private message? We don't have to read all your correspondence.
I'm just glad this is only words and not pictures too.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4112 Apr 26, 2013
Pharma, good thing you weren't here when the nudist gal was here :) or the people talking about BDSM :) that was imagery

Since: Jan 13

Bundoora, Australia

#4113 Apr 26, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
This ME is a pro, but like most rigid in their original findings.
There must be some ME's and also Neurosergeons following his testimojny, who would not have been so adamant as to TA being down and without reflexes in three to four seconds. I believe that when he first testified he briefly used some qualifying or ambiquous verbage. Yesterday, in rebuttal, Ms Wilmont called his hand. He remained adamant, but did add the cavaete of body decompostion.
As I have previously mentioned, if she stabbed him first, it was a one in one thousand strike. Dangerous street thugs rarely can do it in one thrust. If JA was so lucid and calculating, she would have known it was a suicidal move on her part.
Interesting the defense did not call their own ME. They could have, since JA is indigent and the State is picking up their tab.
The defense no doubt undertands that the ME's finding just may rule out 1st degree.
If she did this and she did it by shooting him first with the gun stolen from her grandparents then I could believe it. However I think the prosecution will lose because it is just too big a task to believe she stabbed him to death, when you take into consideration the level of violence, his size and his physical fitness. The gun shot was essentially just icing on the cake.
I don't believe she doesn't remember.
I have seen comments on other sites where people with war experience talk about men with shrapnel and bullets in their brains and still cogent. Sometimes never getting them removed. The ME has lost the case for the prosecution in spite of JM proving Jodi's lies several times. I predict a hung jury.
Although since the defence has asked for self defence to be considered they must feel that they have made headway. I am sure they read these boards and while there is always a "fry em" core to high profile cases, I think there are enough comments that question the whole scenario to give the defence a feel for how the jury might consider the evidence. Due to the cost of the trial there will not be a retrial and I believe that the state will accept a plea.
LA Guy

United States

#4114 Apr 26, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
do you know how to private message? We don't have to read all your correspondence.
I'm just glad this is only words and not pictures too.
Silly girl

U just shared about you having an aversion for American men and marrying a Paki since they do not believe in divorce...LOL

Also complaining about being Underwater on your Condo in Colorado, USA

GD, did you catch those, particulalry about the dynamic with her Paki husband
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4115 Apr 26, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly girl
U just shared about you having an aversion for American men and marrying a Paki since they do not believe in divorce...LOL
Also complaining about being Underwater on your Condo in Colorado, USA
GD, did you catch those, particulalry about the dynamic with her Paki husband
LG :) yes I did , funny
I can't help it, you are a rare find :)
Pharma, wish us well, you know we wish you well :)
LA Guy

United States

#4116 Apr 26, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Great work, interesting :) love how you write :)
What time are you going to sleep?:)
Prob up until Midnight, and you:)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4117 Apr 26, 2013
LG I've been listening to Highway don't care & Home & Sure would be cool
It's a cozy night
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4118 Apr 26, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Prob up until Midnight, and you:)
midnight :) it turned into a party...
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4119 Apr 26, 2013
party for 2 :)
LA Guy

United States

#4120 Apr 26, 2013
Good Day wrote:
party for 2 :)
Slow and tender, that's the mood I'm in for us:)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4121 Apr 26, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, perfect :)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4122 Apr 26, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
you read my mind, and my heart :)
PLEASE

Albuquerque, NM

#4123 Apr 26, 2013
Just do her and get it over with LA Guy! Kinda creepy on a thread about sick sex and murder. Asking if she trims her pu**y is a little different than Pharma talking about her husband.
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#4124 Apr 27, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Goatee is a dated term, still use it in LA (prob mispelled it, lol)...it's just a mustache with a thin line connecting to facial hair on chin. All the same length. I think your boy, Tim M, does it, but his is a little scraggy. Mine is nice and even, use my Norelco set to number three every day. Also as to my my Stash, I like a clean straight line where it meets my upper lip. Not into to wearing a beard.
Dr. Kevin Horn looked a lot better when he came to court clean shaven than when he had his beard during his first testimony.

What do you think about Robert Durst fleeing to Galveston and renting an apt. as a woman to escape police? He's a person in question about the disappearance of his first wife. Some of her friends kept journals that incriminated the husband and after her disappearance, their houses were broken into, ransacked and that information was stolen. I can see JAA's behavior mirroring some of Durst's.

I think if she had been labeled sociopath, it might have been more accurate. I'm sure she lied on the MMPI and other testing. It is supposed to have ways of detecting lying. Again, I think JAA needed to be tested by a psychiatrist. How would have have been more expensive than having four different people evaluate her?

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-sociopath.h...
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#4125 Apr 27, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Durst

Hey, LA, look up Dust's attorney. He was acquitted of murder because he had a REAL attorney. Squeaky and Sloth are laughable at best.
LA Guy

United States

#4126 Apr 27, 2013
Goodmorning GD:)

Are you still under the covers. Thought
I would make it until 12 midnight, but....
next thing I knew, the sun was coming up an
my laptop was still on and next to me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dominique Ellis Scumbag Real Estate Agent 7 hr Augie 4
Cubans Get U.S. Welfare Checks in Cuba 8 hr Hittcountry 4
we are suppliers of froozen chicken feet in l... (Mar '13) 13 hr Joe Lau 42
frito lay makes rainbow chips in support of gay... 20 hr guest 7
News Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law (Apr '10) 20 hr southern at heart 193,145
Trump for President, He will win. watch Thu David and the Pho... 3
Why is Trump flip flopping? Thu Repub4life 3

Peoria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peoria Mortgages