Jodi Arias claims self-defense as mur...

Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 7233 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4027 Apr 25, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
waist down
:)
Yes, court in recess til until next Wed.

Since: Jan 13

Merrylands, Australia

#4028 Apr 25, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Something happen in the last fifteen.
She could have shot him when he was
sleeping.
GD, are you still on board with this?
I thought like that in the beginning. It lends to her innocence.
However when I factor in the smoke smell in the car upon its return to the car rental company and the fact she bought two burger and fry meals within minutes at in and out burgers in sparks nevada, then I am beginning to think she had someone else in the car with her.

Merrylands, Australia

#4029 Apr 25, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG I believe she went there messed up, wanted him, had a mixed up time w/him, he got degrading, set her straight that he was done w/her, she tried to appease him, dropped his camera ... she caught him off guard w/the first stab... as you said, and I've heard of, a psycho can make the first one count, the superior vena cava is right next to the heart, I think if she swung at him in the sternum, yes possible, she was Crazt Mad, she told Det. Flores she had a breakdown before, I beleive she gave it her all
yes, last 15
ooooh too much talk about her LG, I feel so bad for his siblings, I almost cried today, when the cameras showed them...
did you notice that the cabinet in the bathroom was open. Did you notice the duct tape screwed up in a ball. Do you think she put the weapon in the cupboard for later use?
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4030 Apr 25, 2013
Good Day wrote:
So then we look at the character of the person charged w/said crime... hmm, what do we have here, a pretty, high IQ, impulsive, irresponsible, chameleon, who has been treated badl by former bf and his friends and associates... she still wants him, and she has a history of odd behavior, documented and self-described... she has kicked walls , put holes in them, etc. even been into Wicca, not a stable psyche, then she is degraded, and she blows up... yes, now that I look at it all together, she is capable in a fit of rage and humiliation to take down a Travis... the knife wasn't planned, just as most of her life wasn't
Brilliant
Agrer

Yes all cumulative in nature, but there was a trigger point in the last fifteen and it very well clold have been real degrading.

All pointing to non premeditation. She was ovechaged, this is not even a First Degree murder, much less a death penalty case. Regardless of JA's lies, the tapes do exist, thus reasonable doubt.

Merrylands, Australia

#4031 Apr 25, 2013
Lexington wrote:
Then what about the shower pics. In the last 15 he told her he was still taking the other woman to Cancun. She thought she could get her way thru sex. There was no body slam or anything else. She stole the gun to shoot him, bought a Knife to stab him. Shooting him was to easy and not painful enough for the "pain" he had caused her. Being abandoned.
He was fit and healthy. He was into boxing and kick boxing. He had cuts to his feet. She would have to be mad to think she could stab him to death. Since the prosecution made such a big deal about stealing the gun then it makes more sense she would use it. Horne has stuck to his opinion and quite frankly the gun last when it made little difference lends itself more to the Ninjas with perhaps Jodi being one of them. I predict a hung jury. She did state in the interview with Flores that it is better if people think it is just me. I think she had strategised that people wouldn't think she could pull it off all by herself. It was after she said these words the Ninja story got legs.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4032 Apr 25, 2013
elie, if It was me or some lowlife, I'm going to walk away :) I was once grabbed in the smallest part of my running shorts by a guy on a mountain bike, and my first instinct was to dig big rocks out of the dirt to throw at him :) And, I yelled at him to see if he would turn around so I could see his face, or so I would know his voice... I was so mad... why can't I run wherever I want to??? He rode like a racer away from me.
Hey, don't mess w/the Irish. Of course I reported it, yes as assault, he touched my skin, ugggh, anyway, yes, there is power in the will to live. Now, I know better, to run in well traveled areas, and to run away not towards :)
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4033 Apr 25, 2013
Lex

Pls read the above post...like it or not, do you see some Reasonable Doubt in favor of JA
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4034 Apr 25, 2013
hmm, meant to say: LG, if it was ...
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4035 Apr 25, 2013
Thank you for the Brilliant. Likewise LG :)
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4036 Apr 25, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG, I'd imagine that thermal on you would keep me awake :) on you, however, I think you are too comfy and embarking on Nodland * Can you put an ice pack somehwere????
OK

Merrylands, Australia

#4037 Apr 25, 2013
It strikes me that the lying is also a strategy. I feel that when a person lies that anything they say can be a lie. Yet even very nice normal people lie all day long according to studies because it is a social lubricant.
However in amongst all the lies she told is some truth.
For the jury to work out what happened, the lies confuse the issue. They know some are lies and yet other things are shown to be truth. They have to be able to construct some feasible version of what happened.
If she stabbed him first and didn't have help then I think the camera story might be true. The technician said the accidental images were taken upside down. I don't believe the camera ever left the bathroom.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4038 Apr 25, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
OK
ok thank you :) you're funny :)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4039 Apr 25, 2013
LG, Can you stay home for a little while tomorrow?
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#4040 Apr 26, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
It strikes me that the lying is also a strategy. I feel that when a person lies that anything they say can be a lie. Yet even very nice normal people lie all day long according to studies because it is a social lubricant.
For the jury to work out what happened, the lies confuse the issue. They know some are lies and yet other things are shown to be truth. They have to be able to construct some feasible version of what happened.
If she stabbed him first and didn't have help then I think the camera story might be true. The technician said the accidental images were taken upside down. I don't believe the camera ever left the bathroom.
Dead men do tell tales. The autopsy tells the story. I guess she thought by leaving him there to decompose (after she probably tried to dismember him) would be enough to confuse the case. Did she not know that she left a big bloody handprint on the wall in the hall? Or did she eventually leave some evidence to try to support her lies? Either way, she's busted.

She's been living her life in court and being jailed in what looks like a glorified juvenile detention center on the inside.

She even got into a fight in prison but said it was self defense. If she does get out, she will strike again unless someone gets to her first and neutralizes her. It will be like a scene from the Sopranos....
HE FELL..OOPS
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#4041 Apr 26, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought like that in the beginning. It lends to her innocence.
However when I factor in the smoke smell in the car upon its return to the car rental company and the fact she bought two burger and fry meals within minutes at in and out burgers in sparks nevada, then I am beginning to think she had someone else in the car with her.
That's what she wants people to believe. It doesn't matter at this point. It's not part of the case. It's close to going to the jury. All that matters is what they think.
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#4042 Apr 26, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
did you notice that the cabinet in the bathroom was open. Did you notice the duct tape screwed up in a ball. Do you think she put the weapon in the cupboard for later use?
If they could have proven she duct taped the small weapon to the inside of the bathroom cabinet, that would be a win. Maybe she got that from "The Godfather" where Michael had the weapon put in the bathroom of the restaurant and then retrieved it on a trip to the bathroom.

How many movies/shows did she have to watch to figure out how best to kill her ex-lover?

Which movies/shows were they?
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4043 Apr 26, 2013
Just up, Hun:)

Another busy day.

Any reason given for this long four day recess.

What is with this weak Judge...Murder trial of the Century on the installment plan. Is this a part time job for her, or does she just acquise to others thinking they have to take care of some personal business ... lol
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#4044 Apr 26, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG, she is real life stupid, in her anger, she was impulsive, and she was so crazy mad she grabbed the knife and went at him, people on drugs could take a man down, I think she was as crazy as a drugged mad woman, the gun was her last attempt to make him stop moving, flinching
Who posted that there was duct tape found under the sink in the bathroom as if she had perhaps used duct tape to hide a weapon under the sink? If they could prove that. Oh, boy.

Apparently the defense's witness could not get there until next Wed. One witness left and then closing arguments, deliberation and verdict.

Hallelujah!
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4045 Apr 26, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
Brilliant

Yes, a social lubricant among the species, more so in various cultures and strata.

She did tell some truth, the lies confuse the issue.

Tapes do not lie, which may very well prove sufficient as to Beyond A Reasonable Doubt. Also evident this was not a Vanila sexual relationship.

LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4046 Apr 26, 2013
Fog Lifter wrote:
<quoted text>
One witness left and then closing arguments, deliberation and verdict.
Would that be the renown Dr Geffner.

After he tesitifies, JM will propbably wish he had
never heard of the robotic and inexperienced
Dr DM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fat women with their stupid tattoos 13 hr Steve 5
Vote For Donald Trump Thu Baroque Obama - T... 29
Finding guy nick named Que Aug 31 He b scared 5
News Trump moves immigration rally amid surge Aug 30 Justice league 19
Subs Aug 29 TreyDee 1
Shrooms (Jul '11) Aug 29 jjjjjj 2
Making them happy Aug 7 Sissy 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peoria Mortgages