Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

Jan 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTVK Phoenix

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Comments
3,921 - 3,940 of 7,234 Comments Last updated Jun 15, 2014
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Godspeed LG :)
All Good Things

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

LA Guy wrote:
Thinking about you:)
USA Today
Case will go to jury Fri 5/3
ME recalled to stand thurs (wonder why),
thought JM asked him every possible Q...lol
Dr Robert Gafner, Psychologist, San Diego,
renown DV expert, next week on behalf of JA
Still waiting for Manslaugher ruling
Reports are Dr Horn, MD, Maricopa County Medical Examiner is set to testify again TODAY as part of Rebuttal.

Purportedly, JM and Dr Horn will show Arias has lied on the stand about the gunshot. That's all we know.
Lexington

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lex
Did u mention that many feel this is a Manslaughter case
No I didn't, you are about the only one that I have heard say that. I personally don't think it is, but it only took up about 3 minutes of our conversation. What I did hear them say is the expert witness' were all going to be discounted for the real evidence. What they say is still based on the garbage that they are fed. Garbage in, garbage out. I think they are going to base their verdict on the facts of the case and the Psychologists are just stating opinions. We could waste the Tax payers money from now until dooms day.
All Good Things

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Lexington wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't, you are about the only one that I have heard say that. I personally don't think it is, but it only took up about 3 minutes of our conversation. What I did hear them say is the expert witness' were all going to be discounted for the real evidence. What they say is still based on the garbage that they are fed. Garbage in, garbage out. I think they are going to base their verdict on the facts of the case and the Psychologists are just stating opinions. We could waste the Tax payers money from now until dooms day.
I think it's unbelievable the amount of time wasted with "Expert" witnesses. Jar Jar Stabbs on the stand for 18 days? She shouldn't have ever been on the stand. Sex, Lies, and audiotape. All of the "paper" evidence and doctored video tape should have been burned and buried in the desert.

The only thing that really matters and that we know for sure.

Travis is dead.

Travis was allowed to decompose for days.

Travis wouldn't die easily, so she had to try different methods until she found one that killed him.

Travis didn't own a gun.

If there was a prayer of protection, it didn't work.

Whatever her diagnosis, Jar Jar Stabbs is not psychologically normal. She is violent and dangerous.
She solves her problems by murder. She would, in all probability, strike again given the right circumstances. Next time, she will use her errors from this time to better cover her tracks.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Hi Lex, Hope you're doing well, especially w/your new knee.*
Do you believe JA went to TA's house to kill him? Why would she spend so much time w/him, if she intended to kill him?
I think she was hooked on him, as sick as they were. I think there was a pivital point in her mind while at his house, when she turned the corner from a FWB participant to a used cheap toy. The fun was over and she faced it when he was in the shower, or just before... most likely due to some final degrading action, and she went into psycho mode when he went at her for dropping the camera. I think the camera was a factor, because she took a valuable new item of his and was careless, as he accused her of before. Example: on "Cops" where domestic situations over nothing turn deadly very quickly because one person has reached a final limit. Their entire relationship is dark and consumed by ongoing stress, regardless of who is to blame. Look at his texts to her, he was at his wits end w/her, but still wanted to use her for sex...ingredients for a bonfire.
LE friends have seen ande dealt with it up close. Someone would lose it over minor things and someone ends up beaten, stabbed, or worse. They didn't set out that day to kill their bf/gf.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

I do belive she has some mental illness, that has yet to be diagnosed properly. She was unstable as evidenced by her history w/friends and family. She was immature and irresponsible, because she took off from Yreka on a road trip just as she was getting re-established in her photography "career" and her job. She had a lot of issues.
CNJ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

All Good Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Reports are Dr Horn, MD, Maricopa County Medical Examiner is set to testify again TODAY as part of Rebuttal.
Purportedly, JM and Dr Horn will show Arias has lied on the stand about the gunshot. That's all we know.
Is He the last rebuttle witness or does juan have more?
Lexington

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Good Day wrote:
Hi Lex, Hope you're doing well, especially w/your new knee.*
Do you believe JA went to TA's house to kill him? Why would she spend so much time w/him, if she intended to kill him?
I think she was hooked on him, as sick as they were. I think there was a pivital point in her mind while at his house, when she turned the corner from a FWB participant to a used cheap toy. The fun was over and she faced it when he was in the shower, or just before... most likely due to some final degrading action, and she went into psycho mode when he went at her for dropping the camera. I think the camera was a factor, because she took a valuable new item of his and was careless, as he accused her of before. Example: on "Cops" where domestic situations over nothing turn deadly very quickly because one person has reached a final limit. Their entire relationship is dark and consumed by ongoing stress, regardless of who is to blame. Look at his texts to her, he was at his wits end w/her, but still wanted to use her for sex...ingredients for a bonfire.
LE friends have seen ande dealt with it up close. Someone would lose it over minor things and someone ends up beaten, stabbed, or worse. They didn't set out that day to kill their bf/gf.
Sitting here in O'Hare waiting on a plane since 7 am. Politics!
I don't think it had anything to do with the camera. She went there with a plan, to talk Travis into taking her to Cancun or she was going to kill him. She put all her best slutty moves on him and got no where. So she kill him as per her plan. Stole the gun, got the gas cans, didnt spend a penny in AZ. I will never be convinced that it was anything but Premeditated murder. A plan cooked up in her own mind.
As for the new expert witness, the research I did, looks like he specializes in Children of Abuse and Sexual Abuse. He did write a book about women that abuse.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Lex, Interesting.
Wow, O'Hare, how long is your delay? I have Sis-N-Law that will be coming home from NY tonight.
Arenyou on a laptop or smartphone?
Lexington

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Lap top. They have been delaying the flight 15 minutes at a time for 3 hours. I am getting hungry and cranky.
proudredneck

Sun City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

ahhhhh...if'n Obamer had a white daught'r shee wood look'n jest like Jodie....just say'n...peice out.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Lexington wrote:
Lap top. They have been delaying the flight 15 minutes at a time for 3 hours. I am getting hungry and cranky.
funny :) Are you sitting on the tarmac? Maybe you could use this time to write your manifesto? What airline? Don't they have any shops nearby or a machine, maybe some nuts? My Dad always had Peanut M&Ms or trailmix for us, when skiing or traveling. My Engineer brother always trailmix w/him when he's on the road. He loves the kind w/the M&Ms :)
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

The gunshot wound, if first, would have incapacitated Travis almost instantly. I don't believe it came first and I believe this M.D. ME will prove it on rebuttal.

Robot _Mott is in the house. She is ignoring Jar Jar Stabbs as if she was a two year old crying for candy at the checkout.
CNJ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Did u see Jodi looking over jenny head to see jury walk out??? She might be starting to worry or making her revenge list!
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

I don't even need to listen to Geffner's testimony. It's not going to change what I know from the ME, Dr. Horn, and what I got from Dr. DeMarte. I do wish she would have looked into possible substance abuse, but it still wouldn't change things. I just like to have the whole picture painted. JAA either lied on the scales that would have given information or she didn't score high enough to make a difference. JAA told Det. Flores she was not on any medication. She said she had a nervous breakdown when she was with Darryl Brewer.

I remember Jeffrey McDonald was on stimulants and had sleep deprivation (probably due to doctor duties). He still maintains that it was hippies on ACID
who killed his family. He's past retirement age and in jail. Different case, however, and military to boot.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Remember when JA was interrogated by Det. Flores, she said what the family is dealing with is Temporary.... She lacks empathy... She seems to be reacting now to her doomsday, not the grief of losing TA or how it has affected his family. Travis' brother and sisters are enduring such pain every day, and to see her look around, oblivious to their grief and loss, speaks volumes about her. Today, Dr. Horn has brought it all down to the basics.
No juror can listen to him and not feel riveted by the facts.
JA took his life, no matter what her side is, she's not going to walk. She's done. She lacked any substantial defensive wounds, a call to 911, and unbearable grief for a loved one, to qualify her position. I think she snapped, but TA didn't stand a chance... she had a history of prior fits of rage.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Hi LG :) How are you? thinking of U :)
Here is the first 10 minutes of today w/Dr. Horn. I believe him. He's very strong in his findings. Can't dispute the physiology of the brain and the damage by the bullet. thought it had grazed him, not so, apparently.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

LG, You can start the video at 6:30 for Dr. Horn.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Dr. Horn referring to the bullet: "... it would've injured the right frontal lobe of his brain, and would've been very rapidly incapitating... probably would've lost consciousness within seconds.." abd, Dr. Horn said no he wouldn't have been able to hold onto anyone within 2 seconds.
+++
ok, enough said. If it was self defense as she claims, then no need for her to do anything else to him.
Close the jail cell and throw the key away.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

ok, the siblings have endured so much, she needs to end it all and tell the Court to sentence her now. How can she sit there with all the overwhelming grief in that room, and the ME detailing Travis's injuries that she inflicted??? It's so disturbing, so sociopathic.
+++
LG, please help me with this, it's so sad.
Will the siblings be able to address the Court regarding sentencing, or parole, or anything?
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

LG, ok, so the ME is saying he was shot last, because the shot would've incapicitated him and he wouldn't have been able to defend against any knife wounds.
So she lied about shooting at him first.
He was stabbed first, then shot. She's done with her lie. It's all out now.
Oh, these poor siblings. It's heartbreaking. They are there for Travis, God help them it's more than anyone should have to deal with.
Now, Willmott going after ME, seriously???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Peoria Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Peoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••