Jodi Arias claims self-defense as mur...

Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 7233 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

LA Guy

United States

#3805 Apr 22, 2013
Bar Fights are more mutual combat.
maybe

United States

#3806 Apr 22, 2013
Fog Lifter wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the good Dr. Demarte described her journals as being like saccharine (fake sugar) and quite immature. I think she met her match with Dr. DeMarte and she knows her. Her demeanor changed.
She actually listened to the Dr.'s testimony instead of obsessively writing and drawing, erasing, and being odd.
I also saw the testimony from Tiny Pencil where she claimed she loved her mother. You could tell from her body language that she was lying. She also said she always gets the same drink at Starbuck's.
She seems to be a person of ritual and same, same, same.
I'm just waiting and wishing for her to have some kind of meltdown in the court room. Do they have her on meds or does her shock collar provide her with enough voltage to keep her in check?
I saw how they got answers on "Zero Dark Thirty"...it's not pretty and isn't always effective. I heard they had to tone it down from what really happens. I don't believe for one minute that she doesn't remember what happened.
I think if matt mcartney testifies against her - we will see an outburst or Something.
LA Guy

United States

#3807 Apr 22, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG, ok :) so who decides the charges? does the DA always decide on the charges? Would JM have participated in the decision for charges, and whether or not she was given a plea deal?
It all comes down from the elected DA and high level management...Martinez takes his marching orders
Lexington

Orlando, FL

#3808 Apr 22, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lex,:) you're funny ... I was in Boston, selling guns and passing out NRA stickers :)
:) I had an internet problem, so now AT&T is sending tech out Mon. between 12pm-4pm to fix whatever it is that keeps dropping my connection. Now, they say this tech can work inside and outside, so we'll see.... when they tried to advise me of any possible charges, I explained: former employee, now a customer, and no addtl. charges are acceptable, and to note my acct., I won't pay any, they need to correct the problem, even if it's a bad jack, or any other issue. I'm the last person they want to be dissatisfied and forced to go w/Wave or another carrier, because I will complain to everyone I know. This has been ongoing, so it's either a bad router, or faulty drop line to the pole. Anyway, the rep agreed. Good answer. Then I thanked them for their patience and handling my frustration in a professional manner... just as I would've done it :)
I had a problem with mine doing that for months. I called and reported it and they said they would have someone out 3 different times. The service department checked my lines from the office and canceled the calls. Of course they didn't bother to tell me. I came home from work 3 days. On the third day I was so mad that I called the office and kept asking for the boss of the whole place. I did get his secretary and told her if I didn't talk to him soon I would be on the phone with the PSC. I got a call back in 30 minutes. After he checked into it he called me back and told me that it was set up in there office wrong from the start. He ended up refunding my money for almost 2 years of service.
I went back to work today and my butt is dragging. No court today, does anyone know why.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#3809 Apr 22, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It all comes down from the elected DA and high level management...Martinez takes his marching orders
Is it the same way in CA? Why does Det. Flores sit w/JM throughout the entire trial? It seems as though AZ would be short detectives, and need him on cases. I saw some other attys. speak w/JM in the courtroom, about a ruling on some piece of evidence... Is JM the best in AZ, or just his county?
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#3810 Apr 22, 2013
Lex, I had a great tech out today, and he replaced my router w/the latest type. 1hour plus later, all was good. Then, lol, all of the sudden, Nothing, I had Nothing... so I tried to reset it, like he showed me...ended up calling him, then it's up again. Something about the U-verse and the routers are not always in synch... I guess. :) Broadband would be worse because that;s sharing traffic. Uv is dedicated per household into the CO... hmm maybe not exactly in those terms :)
nunely

Seattle, WA

#3811 Apr 22, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Manslaughter by sudden quarrel or heat of passion, this wil be the jury instruction
Something happen in the last fifteen
Jury could buy Manslaughter, as a compromise to a hung jury...JA still gets a considerable sentence
I'm not ready to say that LA Guy called it, but just today HLN is all over it
Thank you. i got a good explanation here on base and how the jury can arrive at manslaughter. US law is interesting.
Lexington

Orlando, FL

#3812 Apr 22, 2013
" http://criminal.laws.com/murder/manslaughter-... Between a Manslaughter and Murder

Nunely this site has a good explanation
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#3813 Apr 22, 2013
Lex, what about physical therapy?
LA Guy

United States

#3814 Apr 22, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it the same way in CA? Why does Det. Flores sit w/JM throughout the entire trial? It seems as though AZ would be short detectives, and need him on cases. I saw some other attys. speak w/JM in the courtroom, about a ruling on some piece of evidence... Is JM the best in AZ, or just his county?
Lead Det invaribly sits with prosecutor throughout the trial. Det usual knows case better than the prosecutor, but Martinez is phenomenal in the manner in which he masters every nuance and detail

JM prob one of the best in Maricopa County, prob a handfull in the top rung at the Maricopa County DA's Office...interesting, he supposedly never has a second atty sitting with him, which is unusual in murder cases.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#3815 Apr 22, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lead Det invaribly sits with prosecutor throughout the trial. Det usual knows case better than the prosecutor, but Martinez is phenomenal in the manner in which he masters every nuance and detail
JM prob one of the best in Maricopa County, prob a handfull in the top rung at the Maricopa County DA's Office...interesting, he supposedly never has a second atty sitting with him, which is unusual in murder cases.
If she is convicted, will there be an automatic appeal? How many can she have?
Listening to Jay Sekulow ACLJ on Hannity, and relaxing LG :)
nunely

Seattle, WA

#3816 Apr 22, 2013
Lexington wrote:
" http://criminal.laws.com/murder/manslaughter-... Between a Manslaughter and Murder
Nunely this site has a good explanation
thank you. I'm grateful for the information.
nunely

Seattle, WA

#3817 Apr 22, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
If she is convicted, will there be an automatic appeal? How many can she have?
Listening to Jay Sekulow ACLJ on Hannity, and relaxing LG :)
My feeling is she will be convicted on 1st degree murder.
I would like to know about appeals too.
Sadly i wont be here for the outcome.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#3818 Apr 22, 2013
LG, time for sleep * great dreams :)Godspeed
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#3819 Apr 22, 2013
:) LG, this song, so good: The Highway Don't Care, but I do ......* love this line> I'll bet you're bending God's ear talking 'bout me - Tim McGraw, Taylor Swift, and Keith Urban
(live CMA 2013)
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#3820 Apr 23, 2013
maybe wrote:
<quoted text> I think if matt mcartney testifies against her - we will see an outburst or Something.
She will be seen rubbing her temples and pretending to have a temp. by feeling of her face as if she feels a fever. Then court will be abruptly adjourned for the day. I have been told that she doesn't have to be there for court to continue.

Why don't they get Bobby Juarez while they are at it or is he the Bobby Juarez (Robert) that was killed?
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#3821 Apr 23, 2013
http://www.cayleedaily.com/2013/04/new-jodi-a...

Read the comments regarding her "relationship" with Bobby Juarez.
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#3822 Apr 23, 2013
Also, I read she had anal sex with Bobby Juarez and she was with him when she was 16. The up side is she never had any kids and it appears she had anal sex with Bobby, Darryl, and Travis. Probably others. What does Matt McCartney say? I'd be willing to bet she had way more sex with random people than they are bringing out.

The names she has been called ring true.
LA Guy

United States

#3823 Apr 23, 2013
Goodmorning GD:)

Thought you would be on by now. Fell alseep.
Will stay tuned in for awhile.
LA Guy

United States

#3824 Apr 23, 2013
nunely wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. i got a good explanation here on base and how the jury can arrive at manslaughter. US law is interesting.
Goodmorning Nunley

Are you heading back to Europe (Baltics)? Where you just visiting here. Please stay in touch.

FYI - US law based on English Common Law
Much of Europe based on French Model (Napoleonic)
Of course there are hybrids
Which method did Latvia adapt after the Soviets

Most of the non English models, do not include the
the "presumption of innocence" ... the burden is
on the person charged to prove they are innocent.

Our Constitution and Bill of Rights, include many
special protections, including the 5th Amend, which
protects one against self incrimination

What a Great Country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for President, He will win. watch 2 hr David and the Pho... 1
Why is Trump flip flopping? 17 hr Trump Train 2
Frito lay lies to customers and employees (Dec '15) Wed guest 91
frito lay makes rainbow chips in support of gay... Wed guest 6
prostitutes on 27th ave (Jan '10) Wed storymdayz 95
Heather Burns Tue Chris C 1
News Can Sheriff Joe Arpaio win re-election in the f... Tue Donnie 1

Peoria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance