Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

Jan 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTVK Phoenix

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Comments (Page 185)

Showing posts 3,681 - 3,700 of7,234
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Lexington wrote:
<quoted text>
I try too. Just not used to not reading their posts. I think I inadvertly made them mad.
OK

"Can't we just all get along" ...... Rodney King
Lexington

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Where the F have you been, I was getting ready to call the Police. Send out a search party, with dogs. We are human and most likely won't get along.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
they are wired differently. I learned that from my ex-brother-n-law, Iranian, wow, the way they talked about American women at Sac State College.. you would be shocked at how they look at us, and their facade was wearing Khakis, polo tees, clean cut, looking like a serious student, swayed my Sis, until she learned Farci (Persian), then she saw how they really looked at women. and our society... They are schooled from Kindergarten on this way... my exbnlw even believed the Holocause was propagabnda, and that Russia was a better country, he was just here to get his engineering PHD, oh and he had $$ from our educational system... when earned $$, it went back to Iran, not here at home.
This is why I'm anti-Muslim and esopecially C.A.I.R. They want shariah here.
When the Shah was still in power, Iranaia students had Carte Blanch with attending our Colleges...When I was at Cal-State LA, thousands of the in attendance at this locations and of course across our country in the most pretigous institions. They thought they were really smooth talkers with Americanb women, gaming many for Green Cards.

I was on duty when they rioted in DT Los Angeles and all the way down to UCLA (Westwood). At first it waws a large mass march (protest) in DT, of course they started blocking streets, ignoring warnings. All of this was in the waning months of the Shah. They then started buring effigies of the Shah and thats when LAPD came dowh hard on them. They had gotten away with it inb other big Cities,k but LAPd deemed it Arson. All hell broke loose as they ran throug DT. This was the first time I heard the chanting of the "People United Will Not be Defeated"

Many Americans along the route were becoming outraged. Some of the Iranians got cornered by angry bystanders in a parkas they enteredn Beverly Hills. As a bit of trivia, Muhammnd Ali came out of nowhere and tried to calm it down, but mainly protecting them by his mere presence. I saw all of this.

Hopefully, your sister washed her hands of this Iranian. Was he pressuring her to convert. I know, life gets complicated. Oh, the million of them still here, like to call themelves Persians...lol
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

nunely wrote:
<quoted text>
MA does not have the death penalty.
I hope the medical team keeps him alive for answers.
Well said, in a few words.

Many states foolishly abolished the DP.

The Feds still have the DP, in highky limited cases.

Cal still does, has over 600 on Death Row,
but stymied by the Courts.

Working well in places likes TX and FLA
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Lexington wrote:
Where the F have you been, I was getting ready to call the Police. Send out a search party, with dogs. We are human and most likely won't get along.
That's how I like to hear you talk, Lex:)
Lexington

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Well I work with 70% men, it gets that way.
Lexington

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

I'm sitting here waiting for my son to get home. He came home for the weekend to visit the folks. He has been here about a hour since he got here. LOL. He knows that Dad will be waiting up for him.
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to see if we still have Warren Jeffs whom I believe was sent to us from Arizona.
Thanks, Arizona.(sarcasm). We also had Carla Faye Tucker (executed) and a few others
who made headlines.

Don't you find it interesting that "Stabby" never took any photos of her alleged wounds.
I listened to some commentary recently and the point was made that the Mormons are big on
keeping journals. Jodi's apparently went back to 1995. Who keeps journals that long?
Journaling can be useful when you want to release yourself from painful events, but you need to share it with someone else and it needs to be brutally honest. After the trial, I hope they have a big bonfire and burn all of her b.s.
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Jeffs

Warren Jeffs did not get the death penalty, but he won't get out until he is 100 (won't live that long).
The jury in Texas dispatched his fate in less than an hour. I am guessing Arizona will take a whole lot longer. Being a prophet in a Fundamentalist LDS sect doesn't hold much water in Texas. I remember how critical some were during the raid on Eldorado (located in West Texas). Were there any places on their 1,000 places to see before you die that required them going to Texas? I remember her saying, "I'm going to travel around with you" regarding 2008. I don't' think the tape has been verified as actually being one phone call and not tampered with. She was being manipulative and wanting to go over times he grabbed her behind, trying to make him jealous about other guys. Like Dr. DeMarte
spoke about, Jodi is/was very immature for her age. Did her use of drugs stunt her emotional growth?
Was it her psychopathic personality?

Anyway, I got to see some of Snow White and the Huntsman. The evil Queen got what she deserved and Snow White took her rightful place as Queen. She taunted Snow White with how she had killed Snow White's father on their wedding night. Kristen Stewart was better in the Twilight movies. Not so sure about her in action adventure movies. Charlize made a very convincing wicked witch who could shape shift. Is your girl, JoJo Starbucks or Stabby for short...is she a shape-shifter?
Lexington

Westfield, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Fog Lifter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to see if we still have Warren Jeffs whom I believe was sent to us from Arizona.
Thanks, Arizona.(sarcasm). We also had Carla Faye Tucker (executed) and a few others
who made headlines.
Don't you find it interesting that "Stabby" never took any photos of her alleged wounds.
I listened to some commentary recently and the point was made that the Mormons are big on
keeping journals. Jodi's apparently went back to 1995. Who keeps journals that long?
Journaling can be useful when you want to release yourself from painful events, but you need to share it with someone else and it needs to be brutally honest. After the trial, I hope they have a big bonfire and burn all of her b.s.
Stabby...LOL. I am convinced that much of her "journal" was penned after the murder. The orginal was most likely taken by ninja's.
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubt if we met, you sound like an old Yenta senior citizen, now in one of those desert old folks resorts...Born and raised in LA means nothing, would have had to have had a med/legal or perhaps even a journalism background and then within the purview or a nexis to the juris prudence field, to even start to understand this. Hey, being in the Industry (LOL) particularly does not count, nor being a widow of a Bernie who thought they were someone count.
Nor does a westside zip code mean anyything. You got out on a limb in your post and fell on your head, lol
OK, here's your chance, give me a brief resume and include one little tidbit known to insiders in a particular field.
You have shown some basic insight into Jody's personality, albiet lacking sophistication and mouthing the obvious. Parts have been crude and ladden with cliches about attractive women manipulating guys and guys wanting sex.
Since you seem to know so much about different cultures, do you think Fun Size JW is "Kosher"?
Does that have anything to do with the obvious clash and dislike for Catholic School educated
Dr. DeMarte? What does Fun Size's zip code say about her? Do you want it so you can make an educated opinion or do you already know where Fun Size lives?
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Goodmorning Fog Lifter

Like that "Stabby" designation for twisted JA.

Will get back to you on most of the above. Going out for breakfast.

You r one cool gurl.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

JW is a nice package for her age. Very clean.

As to Dr DM, seriously, hygene has to be substandard...hey, those Eve kits are even
available at 7-Elevens or buy in bulk at Costco.
Or perhaps it's a Moot issue with her. I understand.

She also did not clean up very well for her court
appearances ... dull...even the black outfits she had on needed a trip to the dry cleaners and then the elephant like mishaped bag she had over her
shoulder. Keep in mind that she is young and holds a Phd, no damn excuse for her. Nothing appealing about her, from a male perspective.

I know when a female is Clean, I can just tell at a glance. JW is right.

OK, so what are JW's digs like. You tell me.
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
TA had a nice closet, everthing lined up, on expensive hangers, shoes on shelfs ... not a bad ensemble for AZ
I made comments previously about him usually wearing the wrong suits, and combos, but not bad for Mesa and much better than Riverside CA were he grew up. Much no doubt had to do with his peer group at the PPL HQ ... also, the bow tie thing was a prop, screwed up that pinstripe suit.
JA also did not know how to dress up, but casual she was OK.
He was not at the Metrosexual level, almost have to be from urban part of LA, SF, NYC .. Even in wealthy Newport Beach or La Jolla, CA, they don't have it. This term got started with Ryan Seacrest .. it's about wearing a certain stylish cut of suit, well tailored, understated elegance, clean crisp details, well groomed. Metrosexual also got a bad rap for some gay bs, not the case.
None of this is about spending big money. It's more about being aware and wanting to look good. Granted, clothes do not make the man and to many it is irrelevant. I like looking sharp.
Who's playing head games?
I didn't say he was like Madison on Million Dollar listing or some of the other guys. I didn't fixate on what he wore as much as you seemingly did. It was so awful that she killed him while he was nude and defenseless in the shower. I'm wondering if she did like "Murder by Numbers" and intentionally made the crime scene murky to throw people off.

Somewhere else you asked me about Willmott's house and Dr. DeMarte's house.
The first one has a typical Arizona home. I told you that it was similar to Travis's except with a postage stamp sized pool. Let me guess. Ugly tile floors. That Spanish style roof.

The second one is seen with police/det. cars around it. I hope she has since fenced it and added security cams/alarms at the very least.

Since: Jan 13

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Always nice to hear from you...interesting, you already knew about Venice/Santa Monica. As to your Condo in Co, investors (greed) are fueling a resurgence in RE prices, so you may soon see an increase in your equity. Did you buy in one of those elitists resorts (lol).. at this point, I'm opposed to foreigners holding title to any of our real estate, but will make an exception for you ... yes, I have heard all of the arguements of foreign investors in our housing, even if it is one condo, but it is not good for the American dream of home ownership ... also, the majority of foreign countries, even our good friend Australia, prohibit Americans from ownership.
I was recently going head to head with a foreigh investor (all cash) from India ... the offer actually came in from India, they found the property on the net, did not even send a flunky over to see the condo.
i'm a us citizen
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Chechen daddy mouthing off more. Said he wanted his pos kid to become a Doctor, benefit from our University system...so much for those plans

This is the family we gave Asylum too.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Fog Lifter wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say he was like Madison on Million Dollar listing or some of the other guys. I didn't fixate on what he wore as much as you seemingly did. It was so awful that she killed him while he was nude and defenseless in the shower. I'm wondering if she did like "Murder by Numbers" and intentionally made the crime scene murky to throw people off.
Somewhere else you asked me about Willmott's house and Dr. DeMarte's house.
The first one has a typical Arizona home. I told you that it was similar to Travis's except with a postage stamp sized pool. Let me guess. Ugly tile floors. That Spanish style roof.
The second one is seen with police/det. cars around it. I hope she has since fenced it and added security cams/alarms at the very least.
Thank's for the info...JA needs to be convicted of the appropriate charge.

Indoor security cams not that expensive to install. In pondering the variables, one may consider an Inside Job. They may want to take a look at her friends...also search the antic and the trunk of her car, in case the Burglars left the laptop in those places...lol
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank's for the info...JA needs to be convicted of the appropriate charge.
Indoor security cams not that expensive to install. In pondering the variables, one may consider an Inside Job. They may want to take a look at her friends...also search the antic and the trunk of her car, in case the Burglars left the laptop in those places...lol
Well, she probably thinks like a juvenile detention kid as do some of her "friends" so the attic space of people who have helped her in the past. The cast of usual suspects. It really doesn't matter because it didn't stop the good Dr. from testifying. It may have been more of an intimidation tactic, but it didn't work. Was reading all that ahead of time what made someone rip their hair out at the roots? Maybe that is why one has a teased comb over and the other one wears those scrunchy hair pulled off the face looks. I can't believe you think "Stabby" is still hot. Check yourself for a fever.
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Lexington wrote:
<quoted text>
Stabby...LOL. I am convinced that much of her "journal" was penned after the murder. The orginal was most likely taken by ninja's.
In the Flores interrogation, she asked twice if they'd found and taken her journals. I think she wanted to make sure they did.
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

hybridlment wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Flores interrogation, she asked twice if they'd found and taken her journals. I think she wanted to make sure they did.
I think the good Dr. Demarte described her journals as being like saccharine (fake sugar) and quite immature. I think she met her match with Dr. DeMarte and she knows her. Her demeanor changed.
She actually listened to the Dr.'s testimony instead of obsessively writing and drawing, erasing, and being odd.

I also saw the testimony from Tiny Pencil where she claimed she loved her mother. You could tell from her body language that she was lying. She also said she always gets the same drink at Starbuck's.
She seems to be a person of ritual and same, same, same.

I'm just waiting and wishing for her to have some kind of meltdown in the court room. Do they have her on meds or does her shock collar provide her with enough voltage to keep her in check?

I saw how they got answers on "Zero Dark Thirty"...it's not pretty and isn't always effective. I heard they had to tone it down from what really happens. I don't believe for one minute that she doesn't remember what happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,681 - 3,700 of7,234
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Peoria Discussions

Search the Peoria Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Double Header of Decadence in Phoenix as Things... 17 hr Culture Auditor 1
prostitutes on 27th ave (Jan '10) 18 hr exGMan 44
JOBS: 10 Valley companies hiring now 18 hr exGMan 2
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Tue MorninBone 590
Talk Of Sun CIty (Oct '12) Mon seriously 7
Review: Coco's Roadside Service Inc Mon seriously 5
Do Mexicans make good pets Mon suckerdarapperpaleface 4
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Maricopa County was issued at July 23 at 2:48AM MST