Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 7233 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#3540 Apr 18, 2013
GD

Mentioned that I'm an independent thinker. As to this pecking order and the discrimnation contra those who are not pretty or just at the other end of the spectrum, just another reason why safequards must be maintained.

So I'm pro insitutions who offer protection for the down trotten and also the working class. Social service agencies, night schools/adult-ed, unions and even rent control in the big cities (you know i have discussed this), even though I have been a landlord. So, I difer with Russ on much, but not all. I am not in accord (a few excpetions) on allowing short sales in the RE market. Most of these deadbeats, used their equity for new cars and excess.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#3541 Apr 18, 2013
HLN just gave us three minutes live and more commercial..this one for Tums and heartburn...lol

Hell, at this pace, time to dress, yes a nice starched shirt and off into the City
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#3542 Apr 18, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
LG, I like you at home :) My house is my cable tv :) I never watched it really before, anyway. Tell me about it. I love the way you write. I will watch it later on their website.
OK, Luv, talk in the afternoon :)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#3543 Apr 18, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, Luv, talk in the afternoon :)
are you leaving now?
New Snow White

Spring, TX

#3544 Apr 18, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a lightweight, you know that.
Sorry, since JA's relatively High IQ has been established,
but it is a diversion, somewhat of a mute point, since it has been esablished she is not slow
I called it way back when as to her relatively high IQ.
Dr M will turn off a few of the jurors, no doubt about that.
Funny, Dr M even gave her a written test to detemine if JA could read (wt_).. then an IQ test (Why)
The word would be moot. Are you dyslexic or have a learning disability or do you just misspell words and use things incorrectly to get attention?

Jodi appeared to be immature for her age. I concur.
New Snow White

Spring, TX

#3545 Apr 18, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you leaned a lot about these tests and the protocol, while institutionalized...lol
That would be incorrect.
Lexington

Hillsboro, OH

#3546 Apr 18, 2013
New Snow White wrote:
<quoted text>
The word would be moot. Are you dyslexic or have a learning disability or do you just misspell words and use things incorrectly to get attention?
Jodi appeared to be immature for her age. I concur.
So I have a question about the IQ test. Verbal score was 136, one was somewere near 119, as I understand it, 2 were average or less. Is that odd for there to be a 36 point spread in scores? Also doesn't a IQ test measure the ability to learn more than knowledge? Wouldn't a achievement test be the test to test how knowledgable or smart Jodi is, based on her age?
nunely

Seattle, WA

#3548 Apr 18, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry, He's not, and I learned that when I spoke w/Muslims who converted to Christian or Jew faith. God in the Bible makes no reference of Mohammed. Freedom of religion, not freedom to change our laws to shariah. I don't care if someone wants to worship a tree. Just don't try to change our laws. And don't try to force chants on the community square, it's happening now :)
I respect your feelings, however calling worshipers to prayer is not a crime and is tolerate with freedom of religion.

Adam, Abraham, Noah, Moses and Jesus are messengers of Allah with one same message of one God being the creator of the universe and all things.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#3549 Apr 18, 2013
nunely wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect your feelings, however calling worshipers to prayer is not a crime and is tolerate with freedom of religion.
Adam, Abraham, Noah, Moses and Jesus are messengers of Allah with one same message of one God being the creator of the universe and all things.
ok, youre ignoring the obvious, Muhammad. God in the Koran isn't the same as Allah. The Bible is the Word, not the Koran. Ask an Iman what the differnce is or a Muslim who has converted to Christian. Like I said, they can pray to a tree, but for me, I won't intentionally stand next to them, or Wiccans, or any other religion, when I pray. If I was there, I would pray for God to keep us strong and that they may know Him.
Neck for a Neck

Spring, TX

#3550 Apr 18, 2013
Lexington wrote:
<quoted text>
So I have a question about the IQ test. Verbal score was 136, one was somewere near 119, as I understand it, 2 were average or less. Is that odd for there to be a 36 point spread in scores? Also doesn't a IQ test measure the ability to learn more than knowledge? Wouldn't a achievement test be the test to test how knowledgable or smart Jodi is, based on her age?
119 was the overall IQ

Different IQ tests test different areas. The Wechsler is often used, but I have been told by diagnosticians who test all the time that they would rather test with a Stanford-Binet.

Since she got D's and F's in high school, that would indicate there was a discrepancy between her IQ and her performance. If she doesn't test out as having a learning disability, then other factors would need to be researched. Apparently, her medical records were reviewed and nothing was found there. I don't know if she was a drug user in high school. Someone said they saw lines of a white powdery substance in a picture of her from the BJ time. Do you think it was confectioner's sugar? lol
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#3551 Apr 18, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
GD
Mentioned that I'm an independent thinker. As to this pecking order and the discrimnation contra those who are not pretty or just at the other end of the spectrum, just another reason why safequards must be maintained.
So I'm pro insitutions who offer protection for the down trotten and also the working class. Social service agencies, night schools/adult-ed, unions and even rent control in the big cities (you know i have discussed this), even though I have been a landlord. So, I difer with Russ on much, but not all. I am not in accord (a few excpetions) on allowing short sales in the RE market. Most of these deadbeats, used their equity for new cars and excess.
Hi LG, How was your day? What color shirt today?:)
I agree with you about providing social services for those who can't care for themselves, especially the elderly and disabled.
I can share more later this eve:)
nunley

Seattle, WA

#3552 Apr 18, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, youre ignoring the obvious, Muhammad. God in the Koran isn't the same as Allah. The Bible is the Word, not the Koran. Ask an Iman what the differnce is or a Muslim who has converted to Christian. Like I said, they can pray to a tree, but for me, I won't intentionally stand next to them, or Wiccans, or any other religion, when I pray. If I was there, I would pray for God to keep us strong and that they may know Him.
Muhammad is a prophet of Islam. The country of turkey is where most call themselves mohammadans.
I am lutheran and would engage in prayer with anyone who is sincere to God.
i see we are culturally different. i grew up in eastern europe where muslims called for prayer every day. i found it rather faithful towards their beliefs and non threatening.
we live in a diverse world and should show tolerance to one and all.
I except everyone. I learned that from Christ.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#3553 Apr 18, 2013
nunley wrote:
<quoted text>
Muhammad is a prophet of Islam. The country of turkey is where most call themselves mohammadans.
I am lutheran and would engage in prayer with anyone who is sincere to God.
i see we are culturally different. i grew up in eastern europe where muslims called for prayer every day. i found it rather faithful towards their beliefs and non threatening.
we live in a diverse world and should show tolerance to one and all.
I except everyone. I learned that from Christ.
sorry, wrong, ask any Iman about the Muslim God versus God in the Bible. For me, I pray w/others who know God, and pray for others who don't. In a mixed setting as the Memorial, the people in pain and the rescuers are more important than being outspoken, so I would focus all of my attention on that. In here, I have to stay strong, and speak out. And now, I know I've said what I feel in my heart is honoring God, so anything else you present will fall on deaf ears. maybe this will help, or not http://www.kingmessiahproject.com/is_allah_no... God of the Bible be with you :) Wish you well.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#3554 Apr 18, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking back, we saw that in primary school. I'm so damn down
on this ongoing phenomena, the pecking order even in childhood which is allowed and enabled across the board.
Do not even like those stickers on cars ... "My Kid Is God"
One thing about mature handsome guys, and Dr N points it out, is the ability to not let a beauty manipulate them. Most of these Home Coming Queens and Cheerleaders in HS, morph into pitifull creatures, regardless if they hold their looks for a while. Ever been to a HS reunion...lol
I know that you are not into the Asian sages, but humility and non appearances are always stressed. Yes, I know it is the theme in the Holy Bible.
I was unaware of his conservative values and that he is a family man.
One would think, he would be more well known.
Hi LG, agree w/U :) and, I haven't seen that bumper sticker, bad. uh oh the asian anything,:) LG, I'm American, Irish ....:) hug please :)
Dr.Napoleon was on some tv shows as a guest, youtube has some clips, as does his website. I think that when he became more vocal about his findings and opinions, he was cut off. He has spoken about this on twitter before. He's quite aware that he isn't accepted by the media. He is also a trial consultant, etc. many facets, studied music and more. Recent comments on his website: http://www.napoleonlegal.com/twitterlonger.ht...
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#3555 Apr 18, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LG, How was your day? What color shirt today?:)
I agree with you about providing social services for those who can't care for themselves, especially the elderly and disabled.
I can share more later this eve:)
Hi Hun:)

Just back at my place. Photos have been released of the two Boston suspects....Strong Middle Eastern features.

Caught a few minutes of trial footage. JM had Dr M on re-direct. Will be interesting to see if the defense calls another wit.

The case could soon be going to the Arguement phase, which will be dramatic. Hoping to catch some coverage of Wilmont finishing her cross examination of Dr M.

Any posters out there who viewed Wilmont finishing cross of Dr M.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#3556 Apr 18, 2013
New Snow White wrote:
<quoted text>
The word would be moot. Are you dyslexic or have a learning disability or do you just misspell words and use things incorrectly to get attention
I know it is Moot. Have used it repeatedly throughout this forum. You may have taken note that my mind moves at warp speed and usually do not proof read.

FYY - Scored high high, even marked a few Q's at random.
Lexington

Alvada, OH

#3557 Apr 18, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just back at my place. Photos have been released of the two Boston suspects....Strong Middle Eastern features.
Caught a few minutes of trial footage. JM had Dr M on re-direct. Will be interesting to see if the defense calls another wit.
The case could soon be going to the Arguement phase, which will be dramatic. Hoping to catch some coverage of Wilmont finishing her cross examination of Dr M.

I caught some of it. JDM would try to answer and JW would twist things around and ended up being really frustrated. JW reminded me of JM today. The only problem is she is not that good. Seemed to be shuffling papers. Did she get done? I don't like JM style of cross and I didnt like hers either.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#3558 Apr 18, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LG :)
I know , Boston is so sad and I feel for them.
Yes, I saw the trial today.. I think JW was a little too condescending, instesd of professional. I'd like to know what you think :) when you have time maybe to watch it.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#3559 Apr 18, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it is Moot. Have used it repeatedly throughout this forum. You may have taken note that my mind moves at warp speed and usually do not proof read.
FYY - Scored high high, even marked a few Q's at random.
obviously you know it's moot :) funny
good for you on the FYY, I would've expected a high score :)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#3560 Apr 18, 2013
Hi LG, be back around 830pm family calls :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where are there clean reasonably priced motels ... (Feb '12) 14 hr skylarmitchell41 4
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) May 20 cantbelivethisnuts 787
News Million-dollar stamp heist (Sep '07) May 19 Will 5
Why was Travis Alexander's body not discovered ... (Apr '13) May 18 Dwight 9
To the citizens and Police Dept. of El Mirage May 18 hmmm 5
Goodwill of Central Arizona Ceo makes $432,684 ... May 17 Sonya 7
White people secretly want to be black (Oct '10) May 15 RACISTYLER 110
More from around the web

Peoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]