Jodi Arias claims self-defense as mur...

Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 7233 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2711 Apr 8, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Slow down, Hun
LG, just trying to keep up, before you have to sign off tonight :)
Irish ancestry, great-grandfather was SFPD, one fav man of my life -my uncle was an incredible atty, it's in my DNA, I told you I wanted to go to Law School at one point, and did very well in Intro to Paralegal, as well as completed Pre-Nursing classes, good grade in Microbiology, studied Sports Medicine as applied to my own training :) ok will slow down, LG
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2712 Apr 8, 2013
LG, that she said that, broke my heart, and I really don't like about 95% of TA * please see I-tape #4 http://www.youtube.com/watch... *Smile
Runs in the Family

Spring, TX

#2713 Apr 8, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG, she can never get out...
Have you heard/seen her say, ".... I know that he's in a good place, he's fine, I know that he's doing great, but what about all of his friends? all of his family that are here? and they're just going through all this, And I Know That It's Temporary, but it's so very much right now..."
WT????
Just throw away the key! And, please give her a tubal ligation, immediately.
WT, It's just temporary??? Really? What a cold, soulless _____.
8:52 http://www.youtube.com/watch...
She is a sociopath.
Time, counseling, or self-help books from LV or Dr. Samuels, can't fix this, ever.
No break for her. DP required, because TA's abuse didn't make her core values change to become such a heartless person who thinks the devastation of losing a loved one is "Temporary". What a sicko.
Watch her body language also. It speaks volumes.

I heard the song today...taken in, taken in again.
So many people are taken in by her.

At least her bedroom the size of a closet in her grandparents' home in Yreka got her accustomed to living in close quarters in jail. Anything short of death row would be a travesty for Travis and his family.
LA Guy

United States

#2714 Apr 8, 2013
Good Day wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else believe she's getting a break because she "was attractive" when she took all of her photos, and killed him?
(I think he was scum for how he treated her, whether or not she said she liked it. And, he was playing women for fools.. he was a lost soul and a mean guy)
How can someone get out of prison, ever, if they say that other people dealing w/a death is just a temporary thing??? I wish I had a direct line to Willmott & Nurmi to ask them is they saw her say that. She's not a sweet innocent person.
It's difficult to fanthom, but we hear hear it all too often about "being in a better place" from those who kill love one's.
JA is a quasi mental, who had not onyl been affected by BWS, but far out religous dogma and dark Wicca programing. Still believe that she waws not disposed to kill, nor derived pleasure from it. as is the case of most killers.

I hope this doee not change your opinion of me, but TA was not a bad guy... a superior person to JA in that he did not harbor dark thoughts.

I could have handled Jody. I could have been a friend to TA. If I had met them seperately along the road of life. TA needed an older Brother, who had been around. This is a very sad human tragedy. Hopefully, JA seeks redemption in the Christian sense,
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2715 Apr 8, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's difficult to fanthom, but we hear hear it all too often about "being in a better place" from those who kill love one's.
JA is a quasi mental, who had not onyl been affected by BWS, but far out religous dogma and dark Wicca programing. Still believe that she waws not disposed to kill, nor derived pleasure from it. as is the case of most killers.
I hope this doee not change your opinion of me, but TA was not a bad guy... a superior person to JA in that he did not harbor dark thoughts.
I could have handled Jody. I could have been a friend to TA. If I had met them seperately along the road of life. TA needed an older Brother, who had been around. This is a very sad human tragedy. Hopefully, JA seeks redemption in the Christian sense,
LG, did you hear the chronology of TA's women: he had several women at the same time, all oblivious to what he was doing. That's not nice. And as much as I dislike JA, he was mean to her. JA and you, ok now I'm sick... LG :)
LA Guy

United States

#2716 Apr 8, 2013
Runs in the Family wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch her body language also. It speaks volumes.
I heard the song today...taken in, taken in again.
So many people are taken in by her.
At least her bedroom the size of a closet in her grandparents' home in Yreka got her accustomed to living in close quarters in jail. Anything short of death row would be a travesty for Travis and his family.
If you are a proponet of the DP, like I happen to be, you should realize that placing JA of Death Row, will be another link in the chain in the abolishment of the DP. Slow down, Mama, and think of the ramifications in an astute sense.
LA Guy

United States

#2717 Apr 8, 2013
Sage advice for all.
LA Guy

United States

#2718 Apr 8, 2013
GD:)

Crashing, coffee same time same place
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2719 Apr 8, 2013
LG, on his 16 page rant that I linked earlier, he called her a corroded carcass, among other names...
* LG, I would be happy to have you treat one of my brothers as a big brother.(I don't even want to see his initials on the same line as yours.)
I wouldn't want TA in my family telling my brothers how to tear a person down.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2720 Apr 8, 2013
.. I mean have you treat them as a big brother- for one of mine, eventhough they already have more than a couple :) you're a great man , ugh please stop saying handled J____ she's way below your league in so many many ways, and spiritually, she was the wrath
LA Guy

United States

#2721 Apr 8, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
LG, did you hear the chronology of TA's women: he had several women at the same time, all oblivious to what he was doing. That's not nice. And as much as I dislike JA, he was mean to her. JA and you, ok now I'm sick... LG :)
No, unaware of the chronology, only knew about the Mormon girl he was seeing (tire slashing incident)...only memntioned the routine about being able to handle JA, in my wayward days when I was going to those parties.

Surprised you did not stay with nursuing, sporst med related
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2722 Apr 8, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
GD:)
Crashing, coffee same time same place
what time is that :)
LA Guy

United States

#2723 Apr 8, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG, on his 16 page rant that I linked earlier, he called her a corroded carcass, among other names...
* LG, I would be happy to have you treat one of my brothers as a big brother.(I don't even want to see his initials on the same line as yours.)
I wouldn't want TA in my family telling my brothers how to tear a person down.
I perhapw could have straightened him out, since he was a hunter, but going about it all the wrong way ... too egotistical, confused, conflicted
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2724 Apr 8, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, unaware of the chronology, only knew about the Mormon girl he was seeing (tire slashing incident)...only memntioned the routine about being able to handle JA, in my wayward days when I was going to those parties.
Surprised you did not stay with nursuing, sporst med related
I had a great thing w/AT&T, and entertained myself in many ways related to running, tennis, basic ballet... always had a Dr. that was Sports Med. I've never had a shin splint, knee pain, or stress fracture in all the years and distances. It's all so interesting to me. Fellow employees used to call me Dr.:) I just love to learn, and am amazed by gifted professionals.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2725 Apr 8, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Sage advice for all.
love this... ok LG will take your advice :)
Runs in the Family

Spring, TX

#2726 Apr 9, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a proponet of the DP, like I happen to be, you should realize that placing JA of Death Row, will be another link in the chain in the abolishment of the DP. Slow down, Mama, and think of the ramifications in an astute sense.
Define proponent.
Do you even know what it means or how it is spelled?

Whether Arias actually gets executed or not, Death Row female inmate #4 is where she needs to be.
What will her reaction be if she hears this outcome?

It's unfortunate she didn't fall into Crater Lake. Check its depth.
ten four roger that

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2727 Apr 9, 2013
Good Mourning GOOD DAY. Wow,incredible post last night. So happy to know you are able to see JA for who she really is.
Anyway i would just like to thank you for providing some links. I have also learned alot more after watching some video's
Charles

Minneapolis, MN

#2728 Apr 9, 2013
Stun guns will stop this madness
http://fourseasonswholesale.webs.com/
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2729 Apr 9, 2013
Good Morning LG, 7:05 A.M. on the West Coast of the greatest country on Earth, from the girl on loan from God :) ok, now going back to sleep 'til 8 :)
LA Guy

United States

#2730 Apr 9, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a great thing w/AT&T, and entertained myself in many ways related to running, tennis, basic ballet... always had a Dr. that was Sports Med. I've never had a shin splint, knee pain, or stress fracture in all the years and distances. It's all so interesting to me. Fellow employees used to call me Dr.:) I just love to learn, and am amazed by gifted professionals.
Goodmorn Luv:)

Luv who you are and your approach to life. At times people will ask me about my hobbies. I usually reply reply that I like to think and be aware (knowledge). I mentioned before, that many male co-workers over the years, coped an attitude (passive aggessive) with me. You were way ahead of the curve in staying physically fit. Can just see you in my minds eye now, at various stages, in tennis shorts, running gear....something like poetry in motion, with a very tight clean look, shoes looking brand new. I have been in some AT&T HQ's, and know that they run a tight ship and require a clean pofessionak demeanor. One of their main offices where I would acquire (subponea) phone records from when I was in LE, was in a plush high rise on Ocean Ave in Santa Monica. It was a beauty contest (lol) in there.

Did you catch any of the HLN stuff in the evening...seriously, they were on the subject of JA's high IQ and a subtle shift was occuring in tone, as to the Jury buying some of JA's defense tactics. Martinez playing into their hand.

As to the Snow White tactic, contrary to what most think, it could have been a stroke of genuis on his part, in illustrating to jury the fancifull nature of LV and the cult like nature of extreme feminism. Some actually promote a theory that consensual intercourse constitutes a battery. Not infering that LV has proposed anything like that. LV's heart is in the right place though and she is highky knowledgeable. Much of her testimony is highly informative and accurate as to the phenomena of the power dynamic between partners and domestic violence and the toll it takes on all both parties involved

I give a lot of credit to Martinez, although I have been been critical of him. He's a real pro and a good man. The better Atty and a very cool guy is Nurmi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 8 hr chuckles 893
Married Flirting ;-) 8 hr Augie 4
Frito lay tostitos fiesta bowl fails 16 hr guest 3
News Arizona poll worker: System blocked some ballot... 17 hr Loco 3
News A big chunk of Donald Trumpa s supporters were ... 20 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Nostradamus (Jan '14) 21 hr anonymous 98
News Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law (Apr '10) Sun Paul P Tretiakoff 193,129
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peoria Mortgages