Jodi Arias claims self-defense as mur...

Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 7233 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2671 Apr 7, 2013
A must see: JM's cross of LV on Thurs. 4/4 * at 32:40 ...(unprofessional & out of control)
Runs In the Family

Spring, TX

#2672 Apr 8, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG, ok, the choking... not sure that would've actually happened, because a choke hold that causes the loss of consciousness is very serious... TA was strong and a choke hold that serious would've killed her, right?
* Another q: JA had spoken to LV many times about the abuse (before the trial started), so why was JA so cavalier when she testified about her involvement w/him, but now she appears to be sad about it while LV is testifying?
I would guess that was some of their sex play if it even happened. That way if she took a lie detector test, she could say that he choked her. Well, she won't get to have all of her props and play time in jail/prison. Maybe her hormones are winding down and she isn't thinking about sex 24/7.

The challenge she has is that she only had some minor cuts on her. She was not in bad enough shape after the murder to NOT get in her car and drive away to go on a date, no less.

I looked and I think Darryl Brewer may have been Mormon also. She seemed to want to insert herself into that community. I don't know if she felt like church people would be easy prey. I wonder what would happen if she did happen to be released and monitored. I think this was done once before and that's when they figured out she had a plot to flee prosecution and she had weapons with her. She is paranoid. No doubt about it. If there is a next time, she won't be able to get the DROP on the person because people now know that meek, soft-spoken female is all b.s. The expert witness says women need to stop trying to be Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty and need to tap into the power of being the evil stepmother. She is very definitely feminist and seems to be angry when men achieve more than women. It must infuriate her that Juan Martinez questions her credentials. She has five (5) years of education and he has at least eight (8). She probably has continuing education credits, but she does not have a doctorate and is not working on a doctorate as far as I know. She has found her niche in doing support groups and seminars on certain topics.

Has the expert witness ever been in a situation where she had to defend herself or die? I think that is a pertinent question.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2673 Apr 8, 2013
Darryl wasn't interested in Mormonism; I know he testified about that.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2674 Apr 8, 2013
Anyone who hasn't seen Det. Flores trying to get info from Jodi Arias during his police interviews from July 15, 2008, you really need to see them all. see you tube
First time I've seen these.... OM she has a dark soul, so calm about everything... answered my own q... she was odd, nessed up, bizarre, long before Travis ... her lack of reactions speak volumes;
Enough said.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2675 Apr 8, 2013
LG, She is Casey Anthony's older sister. Have you seen All of the interrogation tapes. She deliberately wasted Det. Flores' time, hour after hour. She could've just claimed the 5th, and lawyered up, but Noooo, she had to waste his time, all the while loving the attention from Det. Flores.
LG, she is the epitome of disturbed.
Det. Flores had the patience of Job.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2676 Apr 8, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch... Det. Flores tells her like it is
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2677 Apr 8, 2013
LG, she can never get out...
Have you heard/seen her say, ".... I know that he's in a good place, he's fine, I know that he's doing great, but what about all of his friends? all of his family that are here? and they're just going through all this, And I Know That It's Temporary, but it's so very much right now..."
WT????
Just throw away the key! And, please give her a tubal ligation, immediately.
WT, It's just temporary??? Really? What a cold, soulless _____.
8:52 http://www.youtube.com/watch...
She is a sociopath.
Time, counseling, or self-help books from LV or Dr. Samuels, can't fix this, ever.
No break for her. DP required, because TA's abuse didn't make her core values change to become such a heartless person who thinks the devastation of losing a loved one is "Temporary". What a sicko.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2678 Apr 8, 2013
LG :) Good Morning , happy black coffee *
... definitely going to sleep cozy, sans flannel now :)
* My last eve of Night Owl research *
Trial Day 1:
The new and improved JM, "Your honor, in the case of the state of AZ vs Jodi Arias, the prosecution submits the ME report, the crime scene photographs, the voluminous mountain of evidence, and most importantly, the aforementioned interrogation tape, proving that Jodi Arias killed TA and has no remorse. And, the prosecution rests."
Headline: JA, sociopath, Convicted and Sentenced in Record Time
Runs In the Family

Spring, TX

#2679 Apr 8, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG :) Good Morning , happy black coffee *
... definitely going to sleep cozy, sans flannel now :)
* My last eve of Night Owl research *
Trial Day 1:
The new and improved JM, "Your honor, in the case of the state of AZ vs Jodi Arias, the prosecution submits the ME report, the crime scene photographs, the voluminous mountain of evidence, and most importantly, the aforementioned interrogation tape, proving that Jodi Arias killed TA and has no remorse. And, the prosecution rests."
Headline: JA, sociopath, Convicted and Sentenced in Record Time
Once she is sentenced, I expect this case to fade into oblivion after a few weeks. The forums will dry up. Notice that Travis Alexander's topics are already pretty much toast. Her 15 minutes of lip licking, tongue/cheek pocking and double jointed finger bending are about to be over. Someone went as far to make a video of her allegedly farting during her testimony. Subtle as a fart in court during
a murder trial. Did the judge ask her to please refrain from farting in the courtroom? I know "fart" is a vulgar term for flatulence or flatus, but it seems to fit her. Farts find her. They are always behind her.
Oh, my...I need coffee...STAT...lol
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2680 Apr 8, 2013
I wonder if Willmott and Nurmi have heard/seen her say, "... It's temporary, but it's all so right now..."? referring to the magnitude of TA's death, during her interrogation.
She's a bad seed who had an attractive shell.. that's all she is. She's not a good girl w/a good heart, who got caught up in a bad world.
LA Guy

United States

#2681 Apr 8, 2013
Good Day wrote:
Have you heard/seen her say, ".... I know that he's in a good place, he's fine, I know that he's doing great, but what about all of his friends? all of his family that are here? and they're just going through all this, And I Know That It's Temporary, but it's so very much right now..."
WT????
She is a sociopath.
Time, counseling, or self-help books from LV or Dr. Samuels, can't fix this, ever.
No break for her. DP required, because TA's abuse didn't make her core values change to become such a heartless person who thinks the devastation of losing a loved one is "Temporary". What a sicko.
Goodmorn GD:

Just spead read thoguh all of the posts, was going to reply later in the afternoon, but wanted to reach out to you, since you are special to me. Do you now want life for her or the DP. Not sure if those were from links or your knew postion.

Will be back in the late afternoon and respond to your other posts and of course say hello, talk then:)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2682 Apr 8, 2013
LG, how are you? where are you? missed you this am :) uh oh, was there a foreign occupation?
I'm going for a run and going to see Folsom Lake from above... so excited :) hope to be back on before 5pm... hope you're having a good day :)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2683 Apr 8, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodmorn GD:
Just spead read thoguh all of the posts, was going to reply later in the afternoon, but wanted to reach out to you, since you are special to me. Do you now want life for her or the DP. Not sure if those were from links or your knew postion.
Will be back in the late afternoon and respond to your other posts and of course say hello, talk then:)
:) that's funny, I was just writing U :) will run in a while :)
Runs In the Family

Spring, TX

#2684 Apr 8, 2013
Good Day wrote:
WT????
She is a sociopath.
She shouldn't be allowed to do anything that Travis Alexander can do.

That would include marriage and having a family.
That would include shopping/sightseeing.
That would include living in his home he bought.
That would include driving a car.

That would include sex of any kind (not having).

That would include eating.

That would include breathing.

That would include bathing.

Do you get my drift?
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2685 Apr 8, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodmorn GD:
ok, just read your entire post :) lol we can talk later :)
yes, New postition, the interrogation tapes hit me very hard, "no one I've lost has ever had a temporary sense of grief on me... that's a game changer for me... it speaks to her core value on life and others' feelings... all my links in my posts :) Have a great day, great man *
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2686 Apr 8, 2013
oops, the quotation mark was supposed to be a star... that is my own feeling, Not JA's, she doesn't feel grief like me, or anyone w/a heart that I know.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2687 Apr 8, 2013
Det. Flores gets JA's real and uncoached view on TA's death. Amazing, what is at her core wo/a defense atty to keep her quiet: http://www.youtube.com/watch... *** you can start at 7:50 if you're short on time, and watch the next 3-5 minutes... seals her DP deal for me, no remorse, because she thinks he's better off now.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2688 Apr 8, 2013
:) ok, now going for a run w/view of the Lake :)
Runs in the Family

Spring, TX

#2689 Apr 8, 2013
Some have written that JAA should get life in prison without parole so she can sit and think about what she did. Does anyone, besides me, get that a sociopath has no conscience and no ability to feel bad about what he/she does.

Does anyone realize that she was caught with knives in yet another rental car and 9 mm bullets. Apparently, the gun to match that was in yet another rental car.

In my opinion, Mr. Martinez is mopping the floor with Ms. Violette.
He's making her look stupid by making judgments by only getting her opinion by reading documents.
Jst sayin

Chesapeake, OH

#2690 Apr 8, 2013
Bullets and a gun and they haven't brought it to court? Really? Right and JM is just going through the trial because he wants to spend a million dollars of tax payers money. Come on.

Mopping the floor? He thinks the jury is stupid and is tryin to twist her words. She's not changing her statements and him asking the same question over and over when she's answered it would infuriate me as a juror. You can't put most things in a yes or no box without having to explain it. Him trying to get her to do that and think they jury doesn't notice shows just how dumb he thinks they are. He's losing with this witness. If he would sit down now he would be better off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law (Apr '10) 38 min Paul P Tretiakoff 193,144
Trump for President, He will win. watch 5 hr Repub4life 2
Why is Trump flip flopping? 5 hr Repub4life 3
Frito lay lies to customers and employees (Dec '15) Wed guest 91
frito lay makes rainbow chips in support of gay... Wed guest 6
prostitutes on 27th ave (Jan '10) Wed storymdayz 95
Heather Burns Tue Chris C 1

Peoria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peoria Mortgages