Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

Jan 2, 2013 Full story: KTVK Phoenix 7,233

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Read more
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2586 Apr 4, 2013
Another IQ ding for JA:
JA doesn't seek medical attention for a broken finger, because ....???? WT? Ok, she's soooo smart but she can't tell a Dr. that she broke it while moving some furniture or whatever?
* I accidently dropped a big rock on my finger (wearing big leather gloves) and it was so incredibly painful, I went into shock, came to on the floor w/abrasions on my face, my shoulder and my knee, and really bad nose bleed; my Dr. was in surgery, so his office sent me to the ER to make sure my nose wasn't broken, and guess what, I answered no to any qs of a domestic assault, was treated, and released.
Cock a Doodle

Spring, TX

#2587 Apr 5, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI - Nancy Grace and Dr Drew Pinsky were the first to bring up her demure beauty and continue to mention that the camera loves her. Where did you get your info about Jody initiating anal and k-y, lol, this is BS... Keep in mind that Travis went by the moniker of Top Dog and claimed her as his property (T-
shirt) Travis was the Dom and turned her into his submissive sex pet (slave)..he scrambled her brain, is what happen
I only mentioned that I was a good looking white guy, clean cut in fact and professional, to establish a context in my understanding of Jody and Travis and what I believed occurred. I have atracted women of Jody's look and demeanor. I could have handled her and nothing bad would have happen. Travis was basically a good guy, but was conflicted and on guilt trip and thus became bent on degrading and demonizing Jody, the girl who truly loved him. Love can turn to rage. This is an age old tragedy which continues to be played out on the stage of life.
It was on the sex tape where they talked about the benefits of Ky over I believe it was Vaseline or Mineral Oil. Somewhere, she claimed he used spit. Did she get that from watching the movie "Savage Grace"? There's an explicit scene where it shows Julianne Moore having anal sex with her husband.
She was allegedly killed by her son by a knife wound to the heart. It was rumored she tried to cure his homosexuality by trying to get him attracted to women with the use of sexual acts. He was a very disturbed young man who also tried to kill his maternal grandmother when he got out but wasn't successful.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2588 Apr 5, 2013
Godspeed LG, I can't sleep...:( I'm so sad over this case...getting to the point that I can't look at her in court... not one journal entry or comment from her about sorrow over what she did. It's all about her. Yes, he became a Svengali, but she allowed him to go there, over and over, she encouraged him more and more, w/her own words. I was feeling sorry for her, until the journals, and until it has come to light that she's had so many opportunities to feel sorry, to ask God to help her express regret, to talk w/professionals, to have a warm person like Willmott & even Nurmi protect her... and she gives Zero, in any realm, in any format. Where is her responsibilty for acting in it? Her voice on the call, playing along w/him, encouraging, no detectable resistance or sadness in her voice.She was supposed to be a "Mormon" and if she was giving God credit for anything in the World, where was her heart and soul in all of her own actions?
Am I right? Do you agree?
And, then after all this time has passed and she's had "rescuers" to lean on, and give her support for BWS, and yet when she was testifying, still no breakdown, no soulful grief. I just can't accept that she was really in love w/him, because she doesn't display or even write about how she feels her heart has been broken beyond belief. She doesn't mention how deep her sadness is that they went dark together and it destroyed their souls...I think she liked the idea of him, and she's incapable of real love. She didn't even break when asked about her parents... I'm tired of LV giving her a pass; she participated in the destruction of his soul while she was accomodating him and I believe she needs to be held accountable for her role in that, at least. Her laughter and coyness on that last call was manipulation in her own way, and kept him going dark.
Cock A Doodle

Spring, TX

#2589 Apr 5, 2013
Does anyone wonder what JA is doing when she is writing or drawing with both left and right hands while in court? Is she writing a book, more journal entries, notes on the trial, etc.? You would think she would have carpal tunnel syndrome by now. Does anyone on here keep massive journals like she did and probably still does in jail? You see her erasing quite a bit also. She is so obsessed with writing that she has been caught stealing pens and hiding them in shampoo bottles. I sincerely hope the court is not going to go over her "secret" 600 page journal allegedly just found.

Will this journal be more Tootsie Pops, Pop Rocks, Braids, KY Jelly, crooked ring finger, how everyone who spends much time her wants to choke her until she shuts up, etc., etc.
Another Poster

Addison, IL

#2590 Apr 5, 2013
Good Day wrote:
Another IQ ding for JA:
JA doesn't seek medical attention for a broken finger, because ....???? WT? Ok, she's soooo smart but she can't tell a Dr. that she broke it while moving some furniture or whatever?
* I accidently dropped a big rock on my finger (wearing big leather gloves) and it was so incredibly painful, I went into shock, came to on the floor w/abrasions on my face, my shoulder and my knee, and really bad nose bleed; my Dr. was in surgery, so his office sent me to the ER to make sure my nose wasn't broken, and guess what, I answered no to any qs of a domestic assault, was treated, and released.
It wouldn't have made any difference. If she would have seek medical attention, and lied about the reason for the injury, Martinez would have used it against her anyway, he could have argued that Travis didn't cause the injury because she had told the doctor a different story. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2591 Apr 5, 2013
Good Day wrote:
Godspeed LG, I can't sleep...:( I'm so sad over this case...getting to the point that I can't look at her in court... not one journal entry or comment from her about sorrow over what she did. It's all about her. Yes, he became a Svengali, but she allowed him to go there, over and over, she encouraged him more and more, w/her own words. I was feeling sorry for her, until the journals, and until it has come to light that she's had so many opportunities to feel sorry, to ask God to help her express regret, to talk w/professionals, to have a warm person like Willmott & even Nurmi protect her... and she gives Zero, in any realm, in any format. Where is her responsibilty for acting in it? Her voice on the call, playing along w/him, encouraging, no detectable resistance or sadness in her voice.She was supposed to be a "Mormon" and if she was giving God credit for anything in the World, where was her heart and soul in all of her own actions?
Am I right? Do you agree?
And, then after all this time has passed and she's had "rescuers" to lean on, and give her support for BWS, and yet when she was testifying, still no breakdown, no soulful grief. I just can't accept that she was really in love w/him, because she doesn't display or even write about how she feels her heart has been broken beyond belief. She doesn't mention how deep her sadness is that they went dark together and it destroyed their souls...I think she liked the idea of him, and she's incapable of real love. She didn't even break when asked about her parents... I'm tired of LV giving her a pass; she participated in the destruction of his soul while she was accomodating him and I believe she needs to be held accountable for her role in that, at least. Her laughter and coyness on that last call was manipulation in her own way, and kept him going dark.
Goodmorning GD:)

Enjoyed your insightull post and and agree with most. JA is one of the rare Enigmatic personality types, which is reflected in her writings and demeanor to this day. Oddly so, I have seen this in Asian women, which most Westerners view as Stoic in nature. If JA had shown remorse on the stand, most would have just thought it was more lies. As to the last call and her coyness, she was continuing to role play and please TA, albiet mixed with fancifull dark motives. Absolutely no pass for JA, but mitigating circumstances (abuse) are evident and thus this case remains a Maslaughter. She was not predisposed to kill, something happen in the last fifteen. Are you still onboard with this.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2592 Apr 5, 2013
Another Poster wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't have made any difference. If she would have seek medical attention, and lied about the reason for the injury, Martinez would have used it against her anyway, he could have argued that Travis didn't cause the injury because she had told the doctor a different story. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Hi AP, I was only referring to her decision not to go for treatment, because she said she didn't want him to get in trouble. And LV said the same thing.
Some people have said she is highly intelligent: She's supposed to be so smart, yet she's not smart enough to make up a story to get proper treatment.*Correct: not a factor in her case against her by JM, but it is a factor in her lack of intelligence overall.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2593 Apr 5, 2013
Another Poster wrote:
<quoted text>
This was on the tip of my tonque. Inferences, Inferences, each way one turns.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2594 Apr 5, 2013
GD:)
Thought perhaos you had fallen back to sleep, but obviously you are up.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2595 Apr 5, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi AP, I was only referring to her decision not to go for treatment, because she said she didn't want him to get in trouble. And LV said the same thing.
Some people have said she is highly intelligent: She's supposed to be so smart, yet she's not smart enough to make up a story to get proper treatment.*Correct: not a factor in her case against her by JM, but it is a factor in her lack of intelligence overall.
Still rate her as highly intelligent, but many of them will not put the energy into every event.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2596 Apr 5, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
GD:)
Thought perhaos you had fallen back to sleep, but obviously you are up.
LG, I just wrote a comment, spent a lot of time on it... poof it disappeared???? will try again :) basically, you're an amazing man, and you've seen more than I have (thank God)...*not impressed w/asian factor... seen it up close & personal, not a good experience and can't relate. Talking about JA as an enigma, ugghhhh, no, sorry, her bizarre ideas and outlook were spilled all over her myspace, her journal, her convos, her chameleon manner to delve into Wicca, etc., etc. so disturbing. Yes, attractive, but she staged so many pics, manipulative, not real love, no real grief, you can't go jump on a another man when your true love has just died... sick, she needs serious help.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2597 Apr 5, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Still rate her as highly intelligent, but many of them will not put the energy into every event.
LG, it was her finger, broken, swollen, and yet she says she couldn't go for med help because she didn't want him to get in trouble. That was her reasoning. That is stupdity, not a rational decision to forgoe med help because she was satisfied w/a splint he made her... uggh seriously, JA: "I'm so smart, I'll just let this guy who just smashed my finger and kicked me, make a splint for me...??? " Look at it now, it's crooked, and she's still clueless that she could've used any excuse w/a Dr. to have it set correctly. What am I missing? I know some very intelligent people and I don't see it. An example, please :)
insightful post good day

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2598 Apr 5, 2013
Its a miracle. GOOD DAY has finally come back down to earth.. Excellent posts GOOD DAY. I am still waiting for LA GUY to reply to a handful of your questions and also for him to comment on your recent observations. Glad you are seeing this case for what it is. A innocent man was murdered.

I will share my thoughts a bit later. I am going to china town and look for some Asian persuasion.. lol
insightful post good day

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2599 Apr 5, 2013
An innocent man was murdered by an obsessive, jealous psychopath ..
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2600 Apr 5, 2013
LG, yes, still on board w/the last 15 min. * I can imagine a very sick and outrageous action by him, to her... no doubt, there was something beyond anything he'd done before, regardless of any words, I beleive there was a physical act that topped them all, probably something that most people would faint over, get physically ill over, and have nightmares over... I've seen/heard of some sick stuff, and no way a human being could be the same again. * Another example of her lacking intelligence: she's lucid, sober, all of her senses fully functioning in every single call, text, journal entry, myspace, drawing, interactions w/Gus and the other guys, and she still manages to blame others for all of her part in what happened.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2601 Apr 5, 2013
insightful post good day wrote:
Its a miracle. GOOD DAY has finally come back down to earth.. Excellent posts GOOD DAY. I am still waiting for LA GUY to reply to a handful of your questions and also for him to comment on your recent observations. Glad you are seeing this case for what it is. A innocent man was murdered.
I will share my thoughts a bit later. I am going to china town and look for some Asian persuasion.. lol
well, I'm not saying he was 100% innocent in their dark hole, and I believe there was a pivotal last event that broke all barriers,and she lashed out. But, all along she had choices, and her journal reflects a lack of responsibilty...she hasn't shown any evidence of an epiphany to this day that she had a role in any of it.*pretty, back then, yes. Intelligent, no. Lacking something, definitely.
insightful post good day

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2602 Apr 5, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG, yes, still on board w/the last 15 min.* I can imagine a very sick and outrageous action by him, to her... no doubt, there was something beyond anything he'd done before, regardless of any words, I beleive there was a physical act that topped them all, probably something that most people would faint over, get physically ill over, and have nightmares over... I've seen/heard of some sick stuff, and no way a human being could be the same again.* Another example of her lacking intelligence: she's lucid, sober, all of her senses fully functioning in every single call, text, journal entry, myspace, drawing, interactions w/Gus and the other guys, and she still manages to blame others for all of her part in what happened.
It was premeditated. Geez you were so close. Nothing happened in the last 15 minutes other than her knowing she was just a piece of ass to Travis,and not worthy of Cancun or any aspect of his life,, except screwing like wild animals..
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2603 Apr 5, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
This was on the tip of my tonque. Inferences, Inferences, each way one turns.
but, if you're highly intelligent, you don't give a ___ what people think when you need med attention, you don't ignore the obvious, you conjure up something, and know that you can explain it away later, if need be, because you are highly intelligent. IDK, that's what I would do, if I had a swollen, broken finger, and a guy I "loved like an idiot", had the ignorant idea to "set it" himself... they weren't camping miles away from civilization...he's not even smart enough, on my behalf, to make up a story and get me help???? nevermind if it was just an accident... WT? Next! Next! Next!* Gosh, I would really love to get in her face and ask her WT was she doing writing all that journal stuff, and still no guilt for any of her own actions??? Even if he hadn't ended up dead, she was just as guikty for the detruction of his soul... he would never be the same, she had a responsibilty to say No, sooooo many times... BWS, yes. Retarded, maybe.
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

#2604 Apr 5, 2013
Jodi cut her finger when the bloody knife slipped and cut one just a little, the other one deeper. She bandaged it herself. Many people have reported seeing that finger bandaged in Utah, and a month later she showed it to Flores and told her the Ninjas did it, and he called it what it was - a knife injury received when she was handling the wet knife. If it's injured at all, it's a result of the struggle she had with Travis. I say "if it's injured" because unless she's aware of cameras, or showing it to a jury, it isn't crooked at all. I can hold mine in the exact position she showed the jury, and it's never been injured.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2605 Apr 5, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG, yes, still on board w/the last 15 min.* I can imagine a very sick and outrageous action by him, to her... no doubt, there was something beyond anything he'd done before, regardless of any words, I beleive there was a physical act that topped them all, probably something that most people would faint over, get physically ill over, and have nightmares over... I've seen/heard of some sick stuff, and no way a human being could be the same again.* Another example of her lacking intelligence: she's lucid, sober, all of her senses fully functioning in every single call, text, journal entry, myspace, drawing, interactions w/Gus and the other guys, and she still manages to blame others for all of her part in what happened.
She was cunning, but not prediposed to kill TA, to the contrary, wanted him alive and would have continued to pursue him...another factor in the Last Fifteen phenomena. You brought up some good points on her being lucid and funtioning to a high level, but nonethelss not intellignt since she blames others for it all. This defect does not contradict Intelligence in the general sense, since history is replete with many examples...was (is) Bill Clinton highly intelligent...lol

Respect and understand your thoughts on Asian females ... up until about 10 year ago I was onboard with your stance ... so then, I started to date them, oh yes, this Asian Pursuasian is powerfull for so many successfull white males ... see it everywhere in So-Cal and SF .. the sheer numbers and magnitude of it all, is getting ridiculous. GD, are they targetting us guys?

This lazy judge called a recess until Monday. Some of the talking legal head also claiming she should have barred former juror #5 from attending and could be fodder for a mistrial. Granted, trials are open to the public, but judges have wide discretion in who gets in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kenny Robertson 11 hr Curious 1
Peoria City Court Again Haunted by Corrupt Past (Aug '08) Wed betty 2
News Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law (Apr '10) Wed superwilly 193,325
Dating in Phoenix Wed Maverick 3
Phoenix sucks (Apr '08) Tue Crunchdog66 192
drugs found but not charged or booked ...90 day... Tue Crunchdog66 3
News Phoenix business owner faces charges for owning... Tue Crunchdog66 1
Peoria Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Peoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]