Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

Jan 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTVK Phoenix

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Comments (Page 126)

Showing posts 2,501 - 2,520 of7,234
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Another Poster

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Jodi Arias trial update: Attorneys ask for mistrial because of juror misconduct, want juror out

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_...
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Another Poster wrote:
Jodi Arias trial update: Attorneys ask for mistrial because of juror misconduct, want juror out
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_...
Interesting, must be a juror they did not like?
Or fodder for an appeal, or Art Of War tactics..
multiple ploys or combos thereoff .. Has Hubris
complications set in...opponet off balance...could
even effect future rulings up to conclusionss of this
trial.

Will the next shoe's drop ... jurors peaking at HLN

One can only imagine the repurcussions of a mistrial,
particularly before it goes to the jury.

LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Another Poster

AZ is strange .. just read the link .. the final 12 member panel is picked after closing arguements .. never heard of this before .. alternates are present, but usually waiting in the
wings.
Another Poster

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

hybridlment wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory is that she calculated how much gas she would need in the smaller, more efficient car she rented in order to not have to get any gas in Arizona. She borrowed two 5-gallon gas cans and bought another along the way, giving her 15 gallons to refuel without leaving any evidence that she diverted to Arizona on her route to Utah.
Jodi made two gas purchases in Pasadena, California within minutes of each other before she went to Mesa, Arizona, she also made two gas purchases within minutes of each other in Salt Lake City, Utah when she was on her way back to California.

There were two separate purchases because she filled up her rental car and the gas cans with fuel.

Martinez is trying to prove premeditation by claiming that the reason why Jodi had the gas cans was because she didn't want to leave a paper trail in Arizona. If that is the case, why did she made two gas purchases in Utah?

The fact that she filled up her car and the gas cans in Utah is a blow to the prosecution's theory.

"June 3, 2008:
Pasadena, California

Between 8:42 and 8:46 p.m., Arias makes two gas purchases at Arco. The first is for $34.61, and the second is a pre-paid purchase for $40.

June 6, 2008
Salt Lake City, Utah
Arias makes two gas purchases at Tesoro between 3:57 a.m. and 4:05 a.m. The first one was for $41.18. The second one was 8 minutes later for an additional $36.98."
Another Poster

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
Another Poster
AZ is strange .. just read the link .. the final 12 member panel is picked after closing arguements .. never heard of this before .. alternates are present, but usually waiting in the
wings.
Arizona is also one of three states that allow jurors to question witnesses, this particular fact can give the prosecution a tactical advantage. I think the structure of the Arizona judicial system favors the prosecution.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Goodmornng GD:) Time to wake up
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Another Poster wrote:
<quoted text>
Arizona is also one of three states that allow jurors to question witnesses, this particular fact can give the prosecution a tactical advantage. I think the structure of the Arizona judicial system favors the prosecution.
Agree as to tactical advantage.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

NEWS FLASH

TA's siblings, Jodi and all Att's in judges chambers. Highly unusual!

Mistrial, delayed conituence, plea????
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

HLN is yapping away! All is rosey.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

If this is called a Mistrial, better sequester the next jury, new judge and prosecutor.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Another Poster wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen the unedited police interrogation videos of Arias? If it is true there is some truth to the lie, one would go crazy trying to figure out where the truth is in these interrogations.

Also, the link you provided last night about the defense asking for a mistrial, it appears there were a lot of procedures going on during the entire time Arias has been locked up. We already know the wheels of justice turn slowly so even though it took a while, it seems to be par for the course. It is not as if they just left her in jail to take their time getting her to trial.

I got this link from Alexander's Facebook page. Even if the jury is deadlocked or hung, it seems the judge can allow more evidence for a verdict to be rendered.

http://www.ncsc-jurystudies.org/What-We-Do/~/...

With these facts in mind, the National
Center for State Courts examined deadlocked, or “hung,” juries to see what characteristics they share and how they might be
avoided. As one part of the study, surveys
of jurors, judges, and attorneys were conducted in four jurisdictions. The Central
Division, Criminal, of the Los Angeles
County (California) Superior Court and the
Superior Court of the District of Columbia
were selected because of reported concerns
about hung jury rates in those jurisdictions.
The Maricopa County (Arizona) Superior
Court was chosen because of an innovative
procedure there that permits judges to allow
further evidence and arguments when a jury
reports it is deadlocked.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

LA Guy wrote:
Goodmornng GD:) Time to wake up
Hello LG :) Godspeed * You forgot about me yesterday...#2523, sad :(
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

The Hughes expose their golden boy TA in their emails. What a contrast from their testimony.
No name

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Just revealed Juror #5 is excused...
Cock A Doodle

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, in simple terms she did snap. They were both caught up in a highly sexually fueled vortex, with elements of BDSM. A dangerous erotic game, with Travis as the Dom, who degraded her and broke her down emotionaly. He said or did something while in the shower, which finaly pushed her into a blurred rage. She loved Travis too much. This is a crime of passion and is traditionaly charged in most jurisdictions as manslaughter. Latina women are prone to lash out at continued abuse, much more so than other races.
FYI - I'm a handsome successfull white male in LA, who is aware of the dynamics in cases like this one. I have also dated women who look like Jody and who had the same demeanor on the surface.
Thanks for a sorely needed laugh after watching some of LaViolette's testimony. I say some of it because it was so boring it put me to sleep.
Cock A Doodle

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
Another segment now on Fox wth Geraldo. Aa interview with one of his buddies, some naive overwieght dufus, who claims he was warning Travis to stay away from Jody, since she was not marriage material and had a hollow look in her eyes. Jody was (is) a unique demure latina beauty, that Travis' cheerleader lame buddies felt intimidated by. Jody was out of their leaque, the girl they could never have, thus in part the animus. Travis went by the nickname Top Dog and surronded himself with unattractive wallflower male buddies. Strange, since Travis was a self confident good looking thirty year old, who was apparently a babe magnet to a degree, although he was playing in a small pond, by LA, Miami or NY standards. BTW, what is a motivational speaker, particularly some 30 year old kid from Utah who was holding court in Phoenix. What was he selling, motivatiinal speaker..LOL
Many demure educated Latina beauties are attracted to handsome (clean cut) white professional young men like Travis. He no doubt pursued her, since he allowed her live with him in his house.
I had not planned to post again today, until I noted he was going by the nickname Top Dog and the Geraldo piece aired.
She was living in Yreka at the time of the murder and pretending to have a love interest in Utah. He was just another of her pawns that she used just like poor old Darryl and others. At one point, she was somewhat attractive. On some days of the trial, she resembled Sally Field when she played Sybil. If they were going for MPD or DID, that might be useful. Her over the top rage points to a Borderline Personality Disorder. There was a similar case except the borderline female killed, butchered, cook and ate the victim. Maybe Jodi tried but just didn't get it right. His house looked like a Slaughterhouse with all the blood and a half-butchered victim in the shower.
Cock A Doodle

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Another Poster wrote:
<quoted text>
Jodi made two gas purchases in Pasadena, California within minutes of each other before she went to Mesa, Arizona, she also made two gas purchases within minutes of each other in Salt Lake City, Utah when she was on her way back to California.
There were two separate purchases because she filled up her rental car and the gas cans with fuel.
Martinez is trying to prove premeditation by claiming that the reason why Jodi had the gas cans was because she didn't want to leave a paper trail in Arizona. If that is the case, why did she made two gas purchases in Utah?
The fact that she filled up her car and the gas cans in Utah is a blow to the prosecution's theory.
"June 3, 2008:
Pasadena, California
Between 8:42 and 8:46 p.m., Arias makes two gas purchases at Arco. The first is for $34.61, and the second is a pre-paid purchase for $40.
June 6, 2008
Salt Lake City, Utah
Arias makes two gas purchases at Tesoro between 3:57 a.m. and 4:05 a.m. The first one was for $41.18. The second one was 8 minutes later for an additional $36.98."
You have to remember she is severely mentally ill which means the things she does do not necessarily have to make sense as far as what a normal person would do. Remember, she said that going to Mesa, Arizona really didn't put her too far out of her way on her trip to Utah. She traveled a a total of almost 3,000 miles.

“LEST WE FORGET...”

Since: Apr 09

MT DORA FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Good Day wrote:
The Hughes expose their golden boy TA in their emails. What a contrast from their testimony.
Chris Hughes said under oath to Defense attorney "I know they are fake the same way you know they are fake"
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Goodmorning GD:)

How's my girl this morning? Have you seen the clip of our Judge questioning the jury as to if any of them have been watching TV...LOL...this was after the removalof juror #5...all of the jurors denied even taking a peek...just who in the hell believes this.

The longer this trial goes on with the short work weeks, the more likelihood of problems with jurors.
This judge is strange, more like playing some B- Grade overly scripted measured role.

I have never heard of a major murder trial, running on a short four day work week. Then this judge is really overdoinbg these bench conferences. Are you tired of hearing this "approach" routine. In other jurisdictions, judges have even had them come in on Saturdays in some unusual circumstances.

Also, if juror #5, had been engaging with one or more of the other jurors, perhaps a few more should have been removed.

Nurmi not finished with his Mistrial moves.

“LEST WE FORGET...”

Since: Apr 09

MT DORA FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Unaware of these factors...Thank's for the research
Best Regards, LA Guy
Keep in mind that outside of the presence of the jury, Chris Hughes told chubby atty "I know these emails are fake just like you know they are fake"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,501 - 2,520 of7,234
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Peoria Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Peoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••