Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

Jan 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTVK Phoenix

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Comments
2,461 - 2,480 of 7,234 Comments Last updated Jun 15, 2014
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Martine is dumb in the common sense department. A duck out of water. Wow, this judge called all of the jurors in, even if a number of jurors had seen Martinez's antics and it effected them one way or the other, this weak judge would have not have had the courage to call a mistrial

Just read in Yahoo news, where the state has paid over $1.4 Million out in JA's defense as if thi ate.
Good Day

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodmorning Lover
Yes, the City by the Bay, the one and only
\
Hi LG :) You were up early... trouble sleeping or just an early start? How are you? And, how was your day?
I'm loving the ocean-air here :)
Good Day

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
Martine is dumb in the common sense department. A duck out of water. Wow, this judge called all of the jurors in, even if a number of jurors had seen Martinez's antics and it effected them one way or the other, this weak judge would have not have had the courage to call a mistrial
Just read in Yahoo news, where the state has paid over $1.4 Million out in JA's defense as if thi ate.
LG, Regarding: Rule 803. Hearsay Exceptions; Availability of Declarant Immaterial
*(21) Reputation as to character. Reputation of a person's character among associates or in the community.
Is (21) the specific qualifier, that the defense can use to submit the additional Hughes' email info?
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Yes, dear posters, JA has been declared an indegent. State picking up all of the defense costs, currently exceeding $1.4 million.

A Manslaughert pleas woukld have been appropriate and served jusice since she deserves a fifeen year senence, minus time served. This case has politicial re-electiin ramifications in conservative Maricopa County County, particularly in Mormon Mesa, AZ. These death penalty cases go before a top level committee, with the DA's stamp of approval to proceede. Odd, that this top echeleon committee failed to see this one as a Manslaughter case, like most are called when they go down in the Phoenix Ghetto. Keep in mind that many of these Ghetto/Barrio lover killings, involve grusesome scenarious... rage, knifings and shootings all within few minutes, one party snaps, like what happen with JA/TA.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Another Poster wrote:
HLN Airs Ridiculously Goofy Segment On How Jodi Arias Prosecutor Gets ‘Rock Star Treatment’ From Fans
One soundbite applauds Martinez as a guy who’s got a “couple of people on death row right now.” Yay! Let’s get his autograph?
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/hln-airs-ridiculou...
you are Brilliant, not doubt about it.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>\
Hi LG :) You were up early... trouble sleeping or just an early start? How are you? And, how was your day?
I'm loving the ocean-air here :)
Was up early...like mornings...r u ready for some LA Smog and traffic jms ...miss you:)
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
LG, Regarding: Rule 803. Hearsay Exceptions; Availability of Declarant Immaterial
*(21) Reputation as to character. Reputation of a person's character among associates or in the community.
Is (21) the specific qualifier, that the defense can use to submit the additional Hughes' email info?
Might look it over, all of these exceptions and rulings and then we have this pc judge...have been lazy, and enjoying your research.
Good Day

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Was up early...like mornings...r u ready for some LA Smog and traffic jms ...miss you:)
:) what time did you go to sleep?...maybe in a while... April busy w/oot relatives and things... would you send for me?
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Another Poster wrote:
Dr. Drew 'juror' called out by Arias defense
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/28/dr-drew...
What a Pos Dr D has proven himself to be. Talk about a cheap manipulator of the common man/woman. When this is all over, his dupe jurors and coutroom observers will be damaged goods. Dr D will not have the time of day for them.
Good Day

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
traffice jams can be beneficial... and, could be time for a good Q&A about lots of things, or singing w/the radio, or not :)
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
:) what time did you go to sleep?...maybe in a while... April busy w/oot relatives and things... would you send for me?
sure, lover
Good Day

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
sure, lover
:) LG, LA should be closer :) I have to sign off now ... Godspeed

Since: Jan 13

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
sure, lover
can't you two stick to topic?
you know you can private message each other...
Tex Empires

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22843...
She claims he was incapacitated and crawling around after she shot him.
He is alive one minute and crumpled in the shower the next. I'd say that was from shooting him. Do others believe she was able to slit his throat first? I don't see her being able to do this as he looked pretty muscular in the shower.
It seems he would have been able to fight her off unless she blinded him or incapacitated him. Did she perhaps spray something in his eyes? Lots of questions. Very few answers.

LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Hello GD

Wiped out today, talk tomorrow.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Tex & Pharmabill

Appreciate your posts ... get back in touch tomorrow.
Good Day

Grover Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
Hello GD
Wiped out today, talk tomorrow.
:) Ok LG. From Beautiful Capitola,
Godspeed & Sleep well good man :)
Good Day

Grover Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

hmmm, Pismo Beach shows as ISP location... definitely in Capitola and loving it :)
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
:) Ok LG. From Beautiful Capitola,
Godspeed & Sleep well good man :)
Goodmorning GD:)

Capitola is a dreamy isolated spot, some tumble across it and never want to leave.

I know that you are non denom, but say a Catholic prayer today in part, in honor of your Ancestors. Start and end with the sign of the cross.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Tex Empires wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new s/article-2284336/Jodi-Arias-m urder-trial-She-sent-coded-mes sages-friend-saying-contradict ed-story-killed-ex-boyfriend-T ravis-Alexander.html
She claims he was incapacitated and crawling around after she shot him.
He is alive one minute and crumpled in the shower the next. I'd say that was from shooting him. Do others believe she was able to slit his throat first? I don't see her being able to do this as he looked pretty muscular in the shower.
It seems he would have been able to fight her off unless she blinded him or incapacitated him. Did she perhaps spray something in his eyes? Lots of questions. Very few answers.
Well said.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ace Hardware is RUDE 2 hr Snowturds 19
Nostradamus (Jan '14) 4 hr nobody 63
Females become nurses just to leer at nude male... 21 hr Cow Tipper 8 5
Floods force dramatic rescues in Phoenix area 21 hr MIKETOUHY 1
Uncle Niece sex....Incest? Relationship? (Aug '13) 22 hr els 17
Review: Choi Orthodontics Tue Clarksmith 6
prostitutes on 27th ave (Jan '10) Mon hookerhelpingpimp... 45

Search the Peoria Forum:
•••
•••